Nine out of ten past life regressionistas claim to have been something quite spiffy prior to, you seldom come across someone who had a menial or regular job.

no way did the Temple of Isis have that many priestesses over the years.

• Like 2

While I share the scepticism, I don' think you have proper statistics. Yes, only one person can be a reincarnated cleopatra, but there might be 5 claiming it and 1 actually being it. How would anyone know?

Also, when people figure out their past life traumas and it turns out they had no ordinary life (if you want to use that concept), well, people without severe stuff wouldn't be driven to seek out means like that, so naturally those who dig that deep have had some special painful experiences.

Personally, after trying many things and eventually four ayahuasca ceremonies that gave me a lot of massively out-there and confusing stuff and nothing clear and definitive that my mind can make good use of in everyday life, I mostly gave up trying to find the cause for my problems. (Also, feeling horrible nausea doesn't really help me being brave and daring.)

Even if I did a hypnotherapy, and even if I saw what happened in a past life, that doesn't mean it automatically dissolves, right? Of if it would, then I'd probably not see anything.

There are two approaches that seem to make sense to me: Either you go through an experience that is as difficult to digest as is evidenced by one's inability to overcome the problem complex, or the therapist would have to empirically convince you that what he says is true.

I once went to a medium and was told some stuff about my aura, my past lives, spiritual guides.

Nothing he said had any component that gave at least an indication that it couldn't just have been all made up.

• Like 1

i think its important to realize that we all carry an ocean of karmic imprints which go back to the beginning-less dawn of our soul or mindstream, depending on how you view things. While tummo, kundalini, and other practices, including activities that generate merit, have been seen by the open inner eyes of many great visionaries to dissolve the samskaras and karmic traces within ones energy body, everything in the relative sphere of existance is conditioned by karma. If and when a being had exhausted their personal karma, they would cease to exist as a being according to the buddhist view. This is the primary reason for taking bodhisattva vows, it is a vow to remain and help sentient beings achieve liberation from suffering in spite of the fact that when you are reabsorbed into the light at the time of death there is nothing to spit out, nothing to be recycled. At that point, there is only the will to help beings, so one can live on the cusp of nirvana.

I have read about three masters choosing to reincarnate as one being (and being recognized as such by h.h.karmapa) and i have read about a realized being taking five rebirths as manifestations of body speech mind qualities and activities.. so once a person steps away from an overly logical approach to reincarnation, where one always equals one, and into a less sensible way of viewing things, an infinite array of possibilities begins to come into focus, especially where realized beings are concerned. I venture to guess that this applies to the realizations of all traditions, hindu daoist buddhist christian et al. I venture further to guess that this has more to do with the state of someone's energy body and the integrated (in the sense of being holistic) nature of their mind than it does with which -ism has spoken to them in that particular lifetime.

so without speculating further, i just wanted to add those comments to the thread.. owledge, i don't think that seeing a past life experience dissolves the karmic traces that it leaves with a person. lol look out for those mediums.

• Like 5

I have read about three masters choosing to reincarnate as one being (and being recognized as such by h.h.karmapa) and i have read about a realized being taking five rebirths as manifestations of body speech mind qualities and activities.. so once a person steps away from an overly logical approach to reincarnation, where one always equals one, and into a less sensible way of viewing things, an infinite array of possibilities begins to come into focus, especially where realized beings are concerned.

I suspect that the limiations you suggest to overcome are in place to keep us from going crazy. ;) Because if you follow that line of reasoning, you end up with the realizsation that absolutely anything is possible any time anywhere as often as you like, then soon time and space collapses and you're begging for some comfy illusions. :D

Man, I'm so glad there's a profound difference between understanding/believing something and experiencing it.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 3

I've always been curious about past life regressions. Wouldn't mind going through one, except I'm not a big fan of getting hypnotized.

I have such a cynical mind I'm not sure it'd do me much good anyways, hehe.

• Like 2

yeah, how many "cleopatras" can there be, reincarnating from one cleo?

perhaps there is a cleopatra archetype that people have been part of... a cleopatra ray of being.

• Like 2

Plus there could be an infinite number of Priestesses of Isis in an infinite series of multiverses so it could happen but why would they all choose to be reincarnated within commuting distance of Leicester?

It's a nice place sure enough but we do seem to have an incredibly high number of folk who were something super spiffy in a past life. Maybe our centre attracts them, one of the mediums runs a regular past life regression workshop. They don't use inducted hypnotism, she uses guided meditation to get them into the zone, similar outcome to inducted hypnosis but the attendees are not fully 'under'.

We can't afford the insurance for full hypnotism as our insurers would charge us the same huge premiums that the stage hypnotists have to pay.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

If I can see, hear, touch, feel, and taste through the point of view of anything in my current temporal view point (changing it, I suppose to a different view point, but still connected through the universal conciousness) then there should be no reason not to be capable of experiencing the temporal viewpoint of anyone or anywhere from the 'past' within that same universal conciousness. Some people just want to have that Cleopatra or Napolean or Isis Priestess experience, and reach for that; they could reach for anything, really.

I kind of like experiencing from my own viewpoint; it is uniquely me :)

• Like 3

Are we able to see our "future" lives?

Yes, but able to and able to do so with any degree of reliability are two very different things. Hard enough to view one's present objectively, is it not? Even without the warping influence of hopes and fears and wild imaginings, a future viewpoint from the universal conciousness might be real, but might not be "you" ... and dwelling on these sorts of visions is the kind of stuff that makes a body become completely delusional.

• Like 1

I don't think that we can 'see' our future life as such due to free will (our own plus the free will of those we interact with) but we do get premonitions.

Future has to be a bit in flux as it hasn't happened yet insofar as we are aware of it happening.

Probably just as well too, some stuff we'd maybe rather be surprised about than having to dwell on it coming.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I've always been curious about past life regressions. Wouldn't mind going through one, except I'm not a big fan of getting hypnotized.

I have such a cynical mind I'm not sure it'd do me much good anyways, hehe.

It's not scary at. It's a lot like guided meditation.

Plus there could be an infinite number of Priestesses of Isis in an infinite series of multiverses so it could happen but why would they all choose to be reincarnated within commuting distance of Leicester?

It's a nice place sure enough but we do seem to have an incredibly high number of folk who were something super spiffy in a past life. Maybe our centre attracts them, one of the mediums runs a regular past life regression workshop. They don't use inducted hypnotism, she uses guided meditation to get them into the zone, similar outcome to inducted hypnosis but the attendees are not fully 'under'.

We can't afford the insurance for full hypnotism as our insurers would charge us the same huge premiums that the stage hypnotists have to pay.

Hmmm ...well, this is my feeling about this: the amount of POWER and EVOLUTION pouring out of those priestesses is available and present to any and each that seek. If a person gets 'under' they will find the strongest stream of energy available to them, first. To assume that that there is an "I" that is involved in the event, historically, is just the human love of stories and the human love of "I".

Good point Cat. Maybe they are tapping into a universal Priestess of Isis consciousness sorta thang.

There was an eccentric old Irish aristo ( a proper one a Lady something, she had a castle and all sorts) used to come to SAGB now and then in London she had an Isis temple in her castle, this was back in the 70s she'll be long gone now.

Hmmm ...well, this is my feeling about this: the amount of POWER and EVOLUTION pouring out of those priestesses is available and present to any and each that seek. If a person gets 'under' they will find the strongest stream of energy available to them, first. To assume that that there is an "I" that is involved in the event, historically, is just the human love of stories and the human love of "I".

There's plenty of variety ... vanilla Isis, chocolate Isis, Tutenfruti ...

• Like 1

There's plenty of variety ... vanilla Isis, chocolate Isis, Tutenfruti ...

And do they splatter like a Pollock? Or is it all really rather neat? Or what?

And do they splatter like a Pollock? Or is it all really rather neat? Or what?

Pollock used splatter but in a highly structured way ... you have to see the whole painting to see this .. so often in newspapers and magazines they print a small part of a painting wishing to pretend it is just a random mess ... they do this deliberately cos they are all part of the modern art is rubbish fraternity.

Choc-Isis.

Can you still get those?

I'll have to check in my Magnum opus.

• Like 2