joeblast

Looks like Obomber is going to use today's shooting to create a constitutional crisis

http://www.mtv.com/n...-response.jhtml

This POS video and song is only being posted by me, to show that there is actually something wrong here. Inverted crosses and pyramids = not good. You may want to simply not watch...

Full on BS. It's like some shitty Madison Avenue brand manager decided to end her creative meeting two hours early and figured she'd do a pop/hairmetal mashup.

It's also violent as an actual video to go with any music. It celebrates nothing.

• Like 1

In my book, it is not ok, judging from this excerpt:

Once you have armed a man, it is difficult to remove the weapons. Knowledge, once shared, is impossible to remove. Providing aid brings temporary gratitude, but long term resentment. Should the aid be withdrawn, you will have succeeded in turning ambivalence to hatred. Never support a faction in the hopes of gaining an ally. Secure a formal alliance first, and then you may provide aid in accordance with your agreements. Feed a dog or a man , and you will find it difficult to be rid of either. Ensure support at home before making new friends. Only children welcome a surprise puppy.

Therefore, it is of the utmost importance to choose your allies carefully. It is often the wisest policy not to meddle.

... and so on and so forth.

• Like 2

That's a great argument for not doing it. But it's been done. So what makes it ok?

It is not ok, by any standard of wisdom or law; The US had a history of avoiding foreign entanglements at one time, and only entered in to help when it was apparent that it was absolutely neccessary. It is justified in the minds of those engaging in this insanity by the intellectually false but often repeated saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Nonsense. The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, and possibly mine, too. Reasoning people all over the world are looking at the US foreign policy with great concern; we seem to be schizophrenic, or at least the leadership seems to be.

I'm not making an argument for it being ok. I want to know why whoever is doing it thinks it's ok - or what makes it ok. You gave some great insight into the 'intellectual' argument made. What else?

Beyond that, I'd have to speculate, and it's hard to sift through the motivations of seriously disturbed/disturbing persons.

Destabilisation seems to be one goal, but the purpose is obscured; conspiricy theories abound.

Order always arises from chaos, but the exact order may not be what is envisioned by those who gleefully go about kicking over applecarts.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@ 5:07, someone may possibly be saying "end the life of Adam".

Slowmo...

Nevermind...put on my Grado headphones and turned it way up...it actually sounds closest to "Aim, for life or die." but even that is questionable.

Watching the change in expression haunts me (from complete joy to what strongly appears to be fake devastation), and it seems as if he says "Just read the cards?" in the beginning:

http://finance.yahoo...-110421683.html Edited by turtle shell

Arguing second amendment like it's a line in Tao Te Ching

"What does it MEAAAAAAAN?"

"I don't know"

"We might never know"

Yup...and watching his entire speech after that (in other vids)...not a tear falls. I had no connection to anyone there, and even I was balling for hours that day.

Although I have very limited experience with people who just experienced a loved one dying...could be shock causing that, too.

"According to Rousseau, the slain teacher’s 2004 Honda Civic — parked outside the school — was riddled with bullets when authorities removed the vehicle."

Now that's odd.

Edited by turtle shell

The issue of the 2nd amendment is not a simplistic matter and does not appear to be settled law. Many solutions as presented in the media are not rational solutions and fail to consider the social context in which the problem of gun violence arises. Rather than elaborate at the moment, I have attached an article from the Harvard Law Review that discusses the ongoing Constitutional debate on the 2nd amendment. It is an in depth, lengthy, well written article.

What is best for our society as opposed to paranoid selfish fear based motives, must prevail.

http://www.newyorker...-amendment.html

http://www.law.yale.edu/documents/pdf/Faculty/Siegel_Heller-HLRev.pdf

Problem with the attachment but link is provided.

Edited by ralis

The issue of whether the people should have arms:

What is the function of government?

Does providing the people protection from harm from within or from without a function of government?

If from without, then does it make sense that in order to properly defend from attack, one must maintain weaponry that is equal to or superior to that of the atttacker?

Yes?, then proceed. No?, explain yourself.

When government continues to borrow and spend resources, beyond the extent of the available resources in the world, will that government endure?

No?, proceed. Yes? explain yourself.

When that government collapses, who will then be responsible for the protection of the people from attack from without?

Anyone in some country other than the US wishing they had the guaranteed right to keep and bear arms yet?

Edited by ShenLung
  • Like 2

It's been pointed out to me, that some of the words used in the NRA statement regarding Connecticut (which took about a week to prepare) are interesting...

And here's another dirty little truth that the media try their best to conceal: There exists in this country a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people.

Through vicious, violent video games with names like Bulletstorm, Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat and Splatterhouse. And here's one: it's called Kindergarten Killers. It's been online for 10 years. How come

my research department could find it and all of yours either couldn't or didn't want anyone to know you had found it?

The video game industry is not by any means a "shadow" industry...something else is being pointed to.

There's a lot of pointing all over the place with this.

It may be that such an event has sufficient momentum to make changes to gun control, mental health and entertainment in one fell swoop. At least, one would expect changes following something like this.

Turtleshell, I sort of get what you're pointing at but I'm loathe to go near it due to the tragic nature of the topic. Do people need to know the details of this particular tragedy to make decisions on gun control? The same issues were there before. Why wasn't action taken then?

The U.S. is a war based economy! Approximately 60% of the federal budget goes to the Pentagon. Further, that does not include off the books projects and other funding by Congress for special projects. Black bag projects are unknown.

NSA, CIA, Homeland Security etc. are at least 150 billion.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

Turtleshell, I sort of get what you're pointing at but I'm loathe to go near it due to the tragic nature of the topic. Do people need to know the details of this particular tragedy to make decisions on gun control? The same issues were there before. Why wasn't action taken then?

Sorry if it bothers you...it bothers me too, which is why I'm putting energy into it...at least personally, it's in my nature that when there's a fire, I run directly to it in order to put it out. I'm compiling the things that don't add up in here (the links that I think are the best out of what I'm finding) for anyone's consideration...and so that I have an easy place to come back to and find the links again for research or discussion.

It's extremely troubling.

I'm not going to get into the gun "control" debate, except to say that I agree with the NRA statement personally (we can find a way to put armed guards in schools), and view what's happening currently in the media and politics as a ploy to disarm America, among other things. For instance, I don't believe whatsoever in the 4 person shooting that happened yesterday. Sorry...just don't. I feel that we will see more gun violence in the news until something is done to nullify the Second Amendment...the sheeple (as well as those who truly believe guns are bad based on reason) will demand it...which will just be another step these guys are taking in gaining more control over what happens here.

For another example of their schemes, simply look into the ongoing events related to the NDAA. Or look at recent executive orders...one of which claims the government can take your vehicle, food, property, etc, in case of a crisis.

Rant over. :)

(also action was taken in the past regarding guns. I find it interesting to look at the current gun laws in the state of Connecticut. Also, there was previously an assault weapons ban in our country...)

More about GE:

http://opinion.finan...ed-of-overhaul/

http://img713.images.../1918/owlkw.jpg

http://www.henrymako...slainteach1.jpg

http://www.herald.ie...ns-3201886.html

http://www.thedenver...own-connecticut

http://www.linkedin....n/bartonstephen

How exactly did the power go out, when it was supposedly a lone gunman? Is the power going out a reason for having absolutely no security camera footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpSq8Goup78

Nurse told reporter that Nancy Lanza was a kindergarten teacher...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEs-XAJqfU

The PA shootings, and the NY firefighter shootings...just more operations and more media headlines to try and sway the country toward giving up their right to self defense. Pay attention to the fact that the firefighters reported multiple shooters, that one of the shooters is dead and has a gruesome criminal history, and that they were lured into a trap by the fire...what will be reported as the final story, will be pure bull.

...my facebook post for the day:

Ask yourself: what kind of person would do any sort of criminal shootings at this time when the 2nd Amendment is being questioned; someone who supports the right to bear arms, or someone strongly opposed to it who wants to fan the flames?

What kind of person is willing to kill innocent people: one who supports the rights and self-defense of free people, or one who wants to take your rights and ability to defend yourself?

Just think about it.

Edited by turtle shell

No apology required. I understand what you're saying. It's IMO something each person should come to an understanding about for themselves. My personal wishes don't come in to it at this point.

I don't think all deaths are the same. If you are lined up and executed, unable to defend yourself, and forced to comply with your enemies, that is the ultimate in being made a beta male. If you die with adrenaline pumping in battle defending yourself, that is very different.

I have no opinion on American Laws, other than it is a human right for any individual to own whatever weapons and means of defense they want, and not the right of societies, nations, or countries.

The main reason owning any weapon societal insitutions, armies, or militia could have is a human right, is that it serves as a way to attack back a little bit, if someone wants to force you to live under tyranny or modern societal types of ideas.

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 2