Seeker of Wisdom

Chundi mantra

An interesting experience someone reported:

My Third Eye Chakra ( a.k.a. the 6th Chakra ) opened on January 3rd, 2009, a Saturday, at 6:44 a.m. as I recited the Zhunti mantra for the 169,800th time. Although the Zhunti Buddha, or an emissary, has not yet "visited" me, I've had many supernatural things happen to me these last three years, e.g. water appeared in an unexpected container on three separate occasions.

From http://wwwcine-man.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/spiritual-milestone.html?zx=785b6674fef4fc4b.

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1

I believe Liao Fan's Four Lessons also talked about writing the mantra as a no-thought dedication and meditation.

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=235

(ED: Note that this first part belongs to the Chinese Mahayana Buddhist Morning Office as a prelude gatha)
稽首皈依蘇悉帝, 頭面頂禮七俱胝, 我今稱讚大準提, 惟願慈悲垂加護
I bow my head and place my reliance in her wonderful achievement,
My face is on the ground to pay adoration to seven billions (Buddhas),
Now I praise the Great Cundi,
Beseech her compassion and mercy to bestow her protection.
(ED: below is the actual Dharani)
NAMAḤ SAPTĀNĀṂ SAMYAK-SAṂBUDDHA KOṬĪNĀM
TADYATHĀ: OṂ CALE CULI CUNDI SVĀHĀ
Adoration to seven (sāptā) billions (koṭī) perfectly, completely enlightened beings
Thus: Oh! awake, arise, purity* is auspiciously completed!

The Dharani in Mandarin syllables:

南謨颯哆南

三藐三勃陀俱胝南

怛姪他

唵折戾

主戾

准締

娑婆訶

na mo san duo nan san miao san pu tuo ju zhi nan da zhi tuo nan zhe li zhu li zhun ti suo po he

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I can feel a grain of clogged chi being pushed gently from the centre of the heart chakra, causing a very slight ache. I look forward to it finally clearing. :)

• Like 1

Reading The Platform Sutra has helped me realise another side to this mantra: chanting not to an external Zhunti, but to the qualities of Zhunti lying latent within my own mindstream, covered by the hindrances.

This mantra is known for helping to unleash prajna, which is why it's advocated in Zen. Maybe chanting with this understanding will help that side of things, which is what I really care about, along with shamatha and virtue - the chi stuff is just (tasty) icing on the cake compared to that. :)

Has anyone heart of the Kleem sound or mantra? It's supposed to draw to you the things you want, as in material things, and particularly women (for men). I was doing this mantra for a while at the end of last year and it did seem like that my luck with women (which isn't really all that much lately, not that I'm really trying too hard) improved. I stopped though mainly because my understanding of Buddhism is that instead of trying to fulfill our desires we should be attempting to reduce them. What I'm not sure of is if that was a misunderstanding on my part, or is a mantra like this best avoided? I've been doing the Zhunti mantra lately and was also wondering if doing both would conflict or not?

Has anyone heart of the Kleem sound or mantra? It's supposed to draw to you the things you want, as in material things, and particularly women (for men). I was doing this mantra for a while at the end of last year and it did seem like that my luck with women (which isn't really all that much lately, not that I'm really trying too hard) improved. I stopped though mainly because my understanding of Buddhism is that instead of trying to fulfill our desires we should be attempting to reduce them. What I'm not sure of is if that was a misunderstanding on my part, or is a mantra like this best avoided? I've been doing the Zhunti mantra lately and was also wondering if doing both would conflict or not?

Vajrayana has practices specifically for attracting these types of things. If you feel that this will help you in some way, then I don't see what the problem is ::shrugs::

Bill Bodri explains, in his book "25 Doors To Meditation," how to use the Zhunti mantra to attract more wealth, a gf/wife, etc.

Here's an article from his website that deals with this topic: http://www.meditationexpert.com/life-wisdom/l_karma_and_reincarnation.htm

• Like 1

Vajrayana has practices specifically for attracting these types of things. If you feel that this will help you in some way, then I don't see what the problem is ::shrugs::

Bill Bodri explains, in his book "25 Doors To Meditation," how to use the Zhunti mantra to attract more wealth, a gf/wife, etc.

Here's an article from his website that deals with this topic: http://www.meditationexpert.com/life-wisdom/l_karma_and_reincarnation.htm

It seems in my very limited experience that almost every mantra has the potential for attraction of the opposite sex, from the Jesus Prayer tot the Great Mani.

Rarer is the mantra that attracts real money...

I found this on yahoo answer

Sudden change in blood pressure in the blood vessles around the the optice nerve will sometimes produced tiny currents that the optic nerve percieves as tiny spots. Think, were you changing position just before you noticed the tiny spots? Laying down then sitting or standing up? Sitting and then standing? Bending over then straightening up? Or do you have a cold and your nose is stuffed up? That too, can make the little changes in Blood pressure, localized around the optic nerve.

It's really nothing to worry about. Just about everyone has these but, most don't even notice it or aren't aware of it.

I found this on yahoo answer

Yahoo answers is hardly the place to go to for the knowledge of meditational physiology and contemplative physical transformations. Nevertheless, "let go" is the guiding principle on the path.

Mandrake

Let's not make this another thread diverted with an argument about something minor... DRT is probably right.

Yes, he probably is.

Interesting experience yesterday. I was chanting the mantra, with prostrations. For a few seconds, I saw little sparks of white/gold light floating around.

I had this happen to me yesterday as well hmmm...

I think Bill Bodri says that is chi affecting the optic nerve.

I think that if the Qi can affect the eyes significantly in meditation, one should be able to heal eye problems as myopia.

Qi heals every part of the body, why not the eyes?

But, in reality you can see many professional monks with thick eyeglasses: from the tibetans to the theravadins, to the zenists, etc...

In my limited experience, Bodri proved himself to be an incomplete (and to a certain extent incorrect) source of information on cultivation gong-fu. He's not the bible :D

I think that if the Qi can affect the eyes significantly in meditation, one should be able to heal eye problems as myopia.

Qi heals every part of the body, why not the eyes?

But, in reality you can see many professional monks with thick eyeglasses: from the tibetans to the theravadins, to the zenists, etc...

In my limited experience, Bodri proved himself to be an incomplete (and to a certain extent incorrect) source of information on cultivation gong-fu. He's not the bible :D

There are different stages of qi development, depths and types of qi. In the beginning the coarse subtle body is adjusted and fine tuned; to affect the dense structures in the body, a lot more is needed. If you have chronic tensions and wrong eye muscle patterns, qi will not necessarily adjust that. If you have elongated eyes (myopia), to transform that requires control over all your elements, which will require many years of full time cultivation to get. On the other hand, it could well be the case that your cultivation method uses energies for other things than restoring your eyes; in that case, keep your thick eyeglasses.

"I think that if the Qi can affect the eyes significantly in meditation, one should be able to heal eye problems as myopia.

Qi heals every part of the body, why not the eyes?"

Qi, if it can affect eyes significantly, should be able to affect other parts equally. In theory it should be able to heal all body parts. Regrowing fingers, restoring lost senses should be possible in theory; I know people who this happened to, though it requires a bit more than hobby meditation.

Mandrake

After doing this mantra for a couple months now I personally feel that it has accelerated my cultivation practice.

Qi, if it can affect eyes significantly, should be able to affect other parts equally. In theory it should be able to heal all body parts. Regrowing fingers, restoring lost senses should be possible in theory; I know people who this happened to, though it requires a bit more than hobby meditation.

Did you ever meet someone who healed his eyes and abandoned glasses through meditation ?

Did you ever meet someone who healed his eyes and abandoned glasses through meditation ?

While my eye sight was never very bad, at about the point I started to do organ meditation I was having to wear glasses in class to see the black board. Then I started doing the Liver meditation and I no longer needed those glasses.

• Like 2

When I was younger, back when 19yrs old, I had a lot of time on my hands, and spent 6 months working on my eyes. During that time I didn't use my glasses. Qigong, coupled with eye exercises, brought my prescription from -12.50/12.75 down to -1100 in both eyes. Unfortunately, my 6 month free time was eaten up by teaching and teaching and teaching.. I had no time for the practices I was doing.

Thus, my eyes are stable at -1100 till this time.When I take the time to practice specifics for eyes, instead of seeing 4 moons, I see 1, and very very clear. Yet, I don't have the time to apply such practices, so back on with the glasses...lol

• Like 1