Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

Not that I am aware of.

Obviously :ph34r:

Yes, I was already aware of that. During the war the Brite's also built model air ports and other model structures for the Germans to bomb. Saved a lot of lives and wasted German assets.

More atheistic Pseudoscientific Materialistic chaff :ph34r:

You said that already. Are you that short-minded?

Hehehe.

I guess what we are doing is just barely within the concept of the thread's topic. That is, beliefs. Aaron's suggestion in the opening post was that unsupported religious beliefs lead us astray from the truth of reality.

From a Philosophical Taoist perspective the only truth we can talk about is the Manifest universe (The Ten Thousand Things). All other discussions are based in conjecture and nearly all, if not all, of this will never be proven or disproven.

Peasonally, I have enough work to do to maintain my "real" life and have no time for make-believe or other fairy tales.

But then, sure, other people feel they have the time for that, or they are not appreciative of what they have, so they conjure up all sorts of imaginary realities. For those who need that - Go for it!!!

Hehehe.

I guess what we are doing is just barely within the concept of the thread's topic. That is, beliefs. Aaron's suggestion in the opening post was that unsupported religious beliefs lead us astray from the truth of reality.

From a Philosophical Taoist perspective the only truth we can talk about is the Manifest universe (The Ten Thousand Things). All other discussions are based in conjecture and nearly all, if not all, of this will never be proven or disproven.

Peasonally, I have enough work to do to maintain my "real" life and have no time for make-believe or other fairy tales.

But then, sure, other people feel they have the time for that, or they are not appreciative of what they have, so they conjure up all sorts of imaginary realities. For those who need that - Go for it!!!

Produce scientific evidence for the non-existence of God

Your belief in the non-existence of God (theTao) is part of your religion of Atheistic Pseusoscuientific Materialism

The only truly scientific position is to be Agnostic

• Like 1

Your belief in the non-existence of God (theTao) is part of your religion of Atheistic Pseusoscuientific Materialism

Ah! God = Tao ... what do you mean by God here? Do you mean the supreme being personal god? In which case I have never seen anything that suggests that Tao is a person. Although I suppose you could argue that whatever the Tao is must include person(s) otherwise you are excluding something from that which encompasses everything.

We all need to define our terms.

• Like 1

Ah! God = Tao ... what do you mean by God here? Do you mean the supreme being personal god? In which case I have never seen anything that suggests that Tao is a person. Although I suppose you could argue that whatever the Tao is must include person(s) otherwise you are excluding something from that which encompasses everything.

We all need to define our terms.

I've defined my terms

Nope. One cannot prove the non-existence of anything. One can only prove the existence of what exists. One cannot prove the existence of any gods therefore I suggest that believing in any such non-existence is a total waste of time.

I do not "believe" in the non-existence of any of the gods others talk about. It is just that no one has ever proven that any of them exist. Why in the world would I want to believe in a non-existence? There will be time for that after I die.

Agnostic? I don't know? No, that would be a lie. Yes, I used to call myself an Agnostic. It prevented a lot of arguements. But it was a lie. I got tired of lying. I know that there has never been any verifiable evidence to prove the existence of any gods.

But all others are welcome to believe in such existences if they so choose. We do have freedom of choice. (At least of the thoughts we have.)

Anyhow, what I hold as truths has little to do with the topic. The real point is that beliefs that are unsupportable are rather useless except on an individual level and even this is a cop-out from having to deal with reality.

Anyhow, what I hold as truths has little to do with the topic. The real point is that beliefs that are unsupportable are rather useless except on an individual level and even this is a cop-out from having to deal with reality.

I believe I can understand what you mean. How's that for a start?

:)

Yes, some make that equation. I do NOT.

That's because of your religious beliefs - Atheistic Pseudoscientific Materialism

Another Atheistic Pseudoscientific Materialist?

That's because of your religious beliefs - Atheistic Pseudoscientific Materialism

I kind of agree that Materialism is probably one the few philosophies which can be shown to be false, since matter itself is only a perceived effect of energy and space.

Perhaps "if the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise" LOL

that's a quote from William Blake who was the furthest thing from a materialist that you can find.

Great start!!!

But remember, I am not trying to lead anyone anywhere. But all are welcome to walk with me a while if they so choose.

I kind of agree that Materialism is probably one the few philosophies which can be shown to be false, since matter itself is only a perceived effect of energy and space.

"energy" and "space" are perceptions of the Perceiver

Objects appearing to the Subject