raimonio

The Kali Yuga ending

That bas relief is an old Sumerian poster advertising the following gig..... (Phonetic translation).......

"Dance and Trance Nite. Fish and Ostrich Club. Next Full Moon. Dress to impress. Ladies, free admission before midnight"

The way I read the 'anti-kundalini' stuff is in a few ways. If you've ever tried to decipher alchemical texts and practices, you may have wondered why it was 'ciphered' in the first place. What I've noticed is that the ciphers can get 'evangelized' or 'demonised' (or both at different or at the same time) to protect the practitioners and/or prevent other people from embarking upon any such practices. We've often discussed secrecy at TTB's. Seth apparently knows practices that if not supervised CAN make a person (even more) schizophrenic than they might already be. We've heard about 'qi-gong psychosis' too.

Well I think there are two forces that are confused I havn't been able to tell/ define them very well... one being the 'reptile' the other being the serpent energy or kundalini? ( I know reptile + serpent snake ...thing..hence my distinction at present isn't all that great)

Hence when "Saint" Patrick (Catholic Church) cast the serpents out of Ireland this is metaphor for killing the serpent energy or enlightened beings. (I think)

Something fishy is going on however,

nimrod.jpg

The naga are said to be serpents governing moving bodies of water. ;) I wouldnt read too much into these things if I were you, without the proper context everyone will just become confused, and in that confusion be toyed with by their own 'reptilian' fear cortex (i.e. most conspiracy theorists).

Fear has nothing to do with it.

Truth has everything to do with it.

Mushin no shin.

Like a warrior charging the frontline.

Fear is ignorance.

As far as I can tell I am Human.

The "serpent energy"

and serpent beings...

Maybe the "serpent energy" is a poor description.

The Buddha represented enlightenment with the Lotus Flower... ?

One has the DNA spiral... + the golden mean ratio spiral.

Too bad if these mythologies are literal and people simply can not expand their minds enough to consider it as such.

Metaphors possibly. Not literal in a biological sense but useful metaphorically.

Nobody actually has a snake coiled up just above their arse.

Metaphors possibly. Not literal in a biological sense but useful metaphorically.

Nobody actually has a snake coiled up just above their arse.

No, but I have a picture of a dragon quite close:-p.

Anyways. I also liked the post by White Wolf. The metaphorical seems to me to be the way my life is lived (or has been up till now until I figure things out). Since I've started looking at it with some amount of consciousness (including any so-called 'choices' made in things as seemingly far apart as type of work, friendships, place to live, 'spirituality' etc) much of it reveals itself to be more metaphor than anything else...

Edit: typo

Edited by -K-

Sounds about right. The Shiva wallahs in India are pretty much out of their trees most of the time.

Bom Shankar! they merrily intone as they toke on their aromatic chillums.

One of those guys sneezes anywhere near you and you feel light headed for the rest of the day.

:)

The argument in the article I posted was similar to Clarity's, that the calculations were not accurate. Is there anyone on the scene who has done extensive research on the subject?

For me it seems there are just as many opinions that there are different scholars and gurus. It is quite hard to come to a conclusion based on such varying knowledge. But to me it seems like the 432 000 years of Kali Yuga does not seem plausible. I mean basicly they just decided that the original duration of the Kali Yuga should be lenghtened to that, doesn't sound right :P

Fear has nothing to do with it.

Truth has everything to do with it.

Mushin no shin.

Like a warrior charging the frontline.

Fear is ignorance.

As far as I can tell I am Human.

The "serpent energy"

and serpent beings...

Maybe the "serpent energy" is a poor description.

The Buddha represented enlightenment with the Lotus Flower... ?

One has the DNA spiral... + the golden mean ratio spiral.

Too bad if these mythologies are literal and people simply can not expand their minds enough to consider it as such.

Nothing in this world is literal, everything you see is an approximation, even your own body. It cannot even be said that what we see outside is truly 'real', let alone the stories we tell each other.

If these mythologies are 'literal', nothing changes. Because mayhaps we created these beings in a huge convoluted scheme to create the world's first hoverboard, and our fate is to eventually become the kings of the galactic hamsters. Perhaps we are just trees dreaming of being humans, and under the guidance of the Cosmic Owl we create scenarios such as our modern time in huge scale gardening projects.

Or, perhaps it is just a metaphor. What a slippery slope, these stories we tell ourselves. When does it end? Just another branch in the mind's endless daydreams, of which this world is just a one. If you're looking for some evil force to blame, you will find infinite numbers of them. If you're looking for the goodness in the world, you will find an infinite amount.

Metaphors are handy.

What's a metaphor?

It's phor getting philosophy lecturers out of answering awkward questions put by bright undergrads.

'An interesting point considered metaphorically and if everyone is happy to remain seated for another half hour one to which I'll gladly respond'

is usually sufficient response to shut 'em up amidst the boos and hisses of their classmates.

Some things are literal some things are metaphor .

When I read about the serpent energy at the base of the spine coiling up I know that is a metaphor.

When I read about a half man half fish shape-shifting being come out of the ocean teaching humans agriculture in addition to be worshiped as I god... I think it strange.

hahah

Just speculation who really knows... as Fu Yue pointed out.

I shall search and speculate however as a hobby it doesnt hurt to read.

I did post a link under that image Thelerner for anyone interesting in some reading regarding that image :)

I have read Yukteswar and a few other accounts stating the same... the numbers are off apparently.

Basically we are at in a twilight zone between the dark and the bronze age?

It seems to coincide with the change from the age of Pisces (Fish) to the age of Aquarius (Man)

Maybe the half fish half man is an astrological sign post?

Some say another 100 years? or so.... though the effects of Aquarius will be putting us on an upward trajectory

*shrugs*

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

And then there is this:

http://www.scribd.co...he-Holy-Science

Bottom line, he says the Vedic astrologers were off in in their calculations due to 'being under the influence.' According to Yukteswar, the Kali Yuga has already ended.

Hmm I highly doubt it. Millions of Vedic scholars {many of them being Vaishnava's who dont smoke or drink} have spent their whole lives studying the Yuga's and Indian Astrology. It is a highly exact science.

Just because one mystic who turns up, {who is also influenced by ideas about Christian end time and heaven on earth prophesies} and claims that because it all has to fit together, the Vedic sages must have been wrong... well it does not make a convincing argument.

Hmm I highly doubt it. Millions of Vedic scholars {many of them being Vaishnava's who dont smoke or drink} have spent their whole lives studying the Yuga's and Indian Astrology. It is a highly exact science.

Just because one mystic who turns up, {who is also influenced by ideas about Christian end time and heaven on earth prophesies} and claims that because it all has to fit together, the Vedic sages must have been wrong... well it does not make a convincing argument.

Not smoking or drinking, Seth. What he says is the influence of the Kali Yuga itself is what caused their calculations to be off.

What happens in Kali Yuga? The answers:

http://vedabase.net/sb/12/2/

edit: My opinion of these things...they are always present. Look at history around the world. The people who wrote these prophecies were most likely very aware of these types of issues in their own time. And today, we only see these things happening partially. It is incredibly easy to find examples of the opposite.

Some of the rules also clearly show that we're either not in kali yuga, or that the prophecy was plain wrong. For instance, people having a maximum age of 50 years.

Edited by turtle shell

I want to be clear that i am not arguing for or against the existence of Yugas as actually real cycles.

but, they were first 'allegedly' recorded by the Rishis themselves, who are thought of as super cosmic super beings, and who were in direct contact many times with the actual Gods and Goddesses, and who also may or may not have actually existed.

These Rishis are the root of Vedic culture. Yugas, as written, are an essential part of Vedic culture.

Not only that but its an exact mathematics that they use, and millions of Vedic astrologers and Mathematicians continue to find no problem with the calculations, which themselves are part of the very fabric of the Vedic universe.

Saying "no. they added it up wrong!" Is basically saying the entire vedas are wrong, because you cant separate the mythology from the time cycles, from the maths, from the astrology and from any number of other elements within the Vedas themselves...

It is also not very humble, because it is suggesting that you in fact have more authority on the Vedas, that the actual creators of the Vedas...

I want to be clear that i am not arguing for or against the existence of Yugas as actually real cycles.

but, they were first 'allegedly' recorded by the Rishis themselves, who are thought of as super cosmic super beings, and who were in direct contact many times with the actual Gods and Goddesses, and who also may or may not have actually existed.

These Rishis are the root of Vedic culture. Yugas, as written, are an essential part of Vedic culture.

Not only that but its an exact mathematics that they use, and millions of Vedic astrologers and Mathematicians continue to find no problem with the calculations, which themselves are part of the very fabric of the Vedic universe.

Saying "no. they added it up wrong!" Is basically saying the entire vedas are wrong, because you cant separate the mythology from the time cycles, from the maths, from the astrology and from any number of other elements within the Vedas themselves...

It is also not very humble, because it is suggesting that you in fact have more authority on the Vedas, that the actual creators of the Vedas...

Rishis did not crete the vedas. They merely narrated what they learnt.

Read subhash kak's book on astronomical code of the vedas to undertnd how accurate vedic astronomy and assoc. math was. These guys were far more advanced than most european mathematicians of the 19th century. And had invented advanced mathematics ....

Sure.. but doesn't that mean that Vedic culture started with them recording it and telling others?

And thanks for the book recommendation. I have been planning to increase my knowledge on this subject :)

• Like 1