adept

Reiki

Since the topic is Reiki, has anyone here had any actual training in Reiki?

I have had training from two different teachers, including the Master-Teacher training.

I've received Reiki from about about a dozen different people and the experience was not all equal. Some practitioners seem to move more energy than others.

I do use Reiki, but mostly rely on the Chinese Energetics (Yuen Method) because I find it generally gets results very quickly.

• Like 1

Well, I found it to be beneficial to me. I went with an open mind, not expecting anything.

I wouldn't try and practice tummo without a teacher, and seeing as I don't have any nearby who does teach it, I'll leave it alone.

Reiki has it's roots in Japanese mikkyo Buddhism, particularly Shingon, so as far as the lineage goes, a lot of hard work has been done by past generations. There may be more to it than new age fluff.

If I were you, I would practice Tummo alone, and without a teacher. Haven't you read the Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Yeshe? Do you think a Lama went to the trouble of describing how to practice it without a teacher just to be ignored? Shame shame! I liked the heat and bliss, anyway.

I studied Reiki when I was younger. I did my Master Level over 6 months with my teacher.

Reiki helped open up my Inner perceptions very well.

When a spirit walks into the room and starts working on the clients feet, while you are working on their shoulders, and exactly when it grabs their feet, the client looks up surprised and sees {open eyed} a luminous figure there holding their feet - {perfect sync up of my and their perceptions}, it does something to the way one sees the world.

I have seen and been apart of amazing healings, although not all were Reiki specifically.

When you have had experiences like that, More Pie Guys usual boring assertions seem inane and funny.

Can I prove it? No!

Do I care? No!

The world is filled with Lunk heads who will never experience things like this, because it seems that they are here to be very 'material' and they get their 'meaning' from material things. Their very world view seems to act as a filter or protective barrier, to make sure they don't see these things, and they dislike and feel superior to people who do have these experiences, and so they do not hang around anyone or who does experience these things, thus never risking getting dragged into such experiences...

Then there are the other kind, who are terrified to let go of Materialism perceptions, but are still interested, and thus allow them selves a tiny range of experience based on something they 'believe' may be scientifically demonstrateble, or pick the 'one' thing that seems to be scientifically demonstrateble. These people are cowards and safety junkies. They are unwilling to see for them selves, without the lens of science. They like MPG are also Fanatics, although lovable fanatics in MPGs case.

Now Ill admit that there are also those who run to embrace everything that seems opposite to Materialism, and use no common sense what so ever. They are just sad people, wounded by Materialisms ravaging of our culture, and feel desperate for any scene of 'connection' that they intuit that they are missing.

And before anyone brings up the Randy challenge, ponder on the fact that famous spiritualist Victor Zammit has offered a million dollar reward to prove foul play in the materialisation phenomena that occurs during their sessions. Numerous skeptics have stepped up, and left with their tails between their legs.

http://www.victorzammit.com/skeptics/challenge.html

:)

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 4

Seth. I found descriptions of myself all over your post. Yer saying it's not possible to be materialist-junkie-bit-open-bit-scared (and some of the other things)? And where does that lead a person?

What i find ironic about this whole argument, is that John Chang, the guy more pie practically worships, uses a very similar technique of HEALING to reiki, except maybe more knowledge/utilization of acupuncture meridians, and a higher level of cultivated chi. his technique is largely unrefined, compared to whats out there in other, more open lineages these days.

I personally, would never use reiki, for the simple fact, that was briefly elaborated on in this thread, that "sludge" which is known as pelon in my tradition, can definitely be transferred to from the patient to the practitioner if one uses direct contact instead of projection. this effectively transfers said negative energy into the one transferring energy.

and another thing, yet another example in this thread, of someones ache being amplified, this denotes a poor understanding of energetic usage, aka what kind of energy to use and when.

im not saying that all reiki is like that, im sure some of the more direct lineages like hirai promote all of this, but i have yet to meet someone using reiki on this level. a lot of it is degenerated into new age, that ive personally experienced and have researched.

Edited by Meroe
  • Like 1

Seth. I found descriptions of myself all over your post. Yer saying it's not possible to be materialist-junkie-bit-open-bit-scared (and some of the other things)? And where does that lead a person?

K, if you are in a materialist mind set and want to see if experience of other things are possible, then feel free to be careful, but dont just decide that there is only one way, or that some particular thing could absolutely not be true, because you firmly believe X...

That is just stupid. {no ofence MPG}

What i find ironic about this whole argument, is that John Chang, the guy more pie practically worships, uses a very similar technique to reiki,

No no no no no no no no

LOL

NO

I have absolutely no idea where you got your information from if you think it is anything even remotely similar to reiki, that would be like saying a nerf gun is similar to a .30-6 rifle.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

You may think it stupid I want a practice that develops abilities that manifest physically and can be studied empirically, I think it's stupid to study arts that cannot do so. I do not want to practice anything that produces only subjective results.

So many people do that already and as far as I can tell they die having accomplished nothing at all.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein

But hey if subjective results is the aim of your practice, I am not here to judge you for that decision. Each of us is here to live our own lives as we see fit.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I see i caused quite a ruckus while i was gone with a misinterpreted post of mine. of the Reiki as most know it is no where near the cultivation of Mo pai Nei Gong, obviously. In my post i was talking about their Energetic method of healing.

• Like 1

I see i caused quite a ruckus while i was gone with a misinterpreted post of mine. of the Reiki as most know it is no where near the cultivation of Mo pai Nei Gong, obviously. In my post i was talking about their Energetic method of healing.

How is that? i thought Reiki channels universal energy while Mo Pai stores, transforms then that energy is used in the healing.

This is a conception that appears to be held by several members here. In each case it seems to be based on the tradition they most closely associate with regarding energy work. To the best of my understanding this is not true with Reiki. It is directly contrary to what I was taught, and runs contrary to any sort of direct experience I have with it. You state that you would never use Reiki, so I have to ask, are you attuned? What level of experience or information do you have that leads you to make this claim about it? I am not saying that this is impossible, but no one here has provided any more evidence of this to substantiate it than their own conjecture. If you are not knowledgable about Reiki then you should realize that you may be really misinforming people by saying this.

I personally am not attuned, however I do, like a elaborated on my post which you most conveniently left out, have met claimed "masters" that did exactly what i said, and also people, in which their condition grew worse. i also said that i know that all reiki isnt like that. read my post closely and you will see this.

How is that? i thought Reiki channels universal energy while Mo Pai stores, transforms then that energy is used in the healing.

that is correct. i should have elaborated more on that. basically what i meant is that instead of channeling direct energetic current into a patient, theres actually ways to "radiate" said energy instead of direct channeling to influence energetic healing, therefore saving the practitioner from their patients negative energy, keeps the healer from exhausting their own energy, and protects the patient from being overwhelmed by the healers current. good question.

Edited by Meroe

I know that you disclaimed later that you were "not saying all Reiki is like that" but what I was addressing was the very specific claim that some forms of Reiki could be like that. There are a lot of people out there that claim to be Reiki Masters, who do not actually practice Reiki. Are you sure the forms of "Reiki" you are referring to are actually Reiki at all? It sounds like someone may be packaging some other energy art they figured was close enough as Reiki, since that is more universally recognized. To the best of my knowledge no actual lineage of Reiki suffers from the problem you indicated in your post. It was not a matter of convenience that caused me to eliminate the remainder of what you wrote, but one of irrelevance to the matter I was addressing.

It is a possibility. but one that im not able to confirm seeing as though i havent been exposed to a different reiki. said person had a number of students that practiced the same way. that was my first experience with the understanding of energetic healing before I was a student to higher healing practices. So for me personally after that i did more research, and found that the same method, had been disseminated as reiki widely throughout the internet. so that is what ive been able to go off of. im in no way slandering True japanese descended Reiki, only that which i assume, has diverted and probably perverted their teachings.

If I were you, I would practice Tummo alone, and without a teacher. Haven't you read the Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Yeshe? Do you think a Lama went to the trouble of describing how to practice it without a teacher just to be ignored? Shame shame! I liked the heat and bliss, anyway.

In most of the reviews on Amazon for that book, and from conversations on forums, the advice given is to NOT practice tummo without a teacher. It seems like a warning to me.

If it is at all possible to practice tummo without a teacher, I would like to read some accounts from people who have done so.

Thanks

Just to clarify, I don't consider Reiki a cultivation system.

Or too be fair, only a very very very mild one with a very limited shelf of development that it can help you reach.

When I learned i was practising it a lot. And also doing extensive MCO and LDT meditation. then working with reiki, just felt like icing on the cake. My job was standing around with my hands on someone, with energy buzzing through me.

Doing that helped facilitate an opening of the Inner channels, and triggered abilities at certain times. For instance at some points I could 'look' inside the body. I could see organs, capillaries or the skeleton. That used to freak me out at first.

At other times my vision would open, and spirits would come and help, or I would start seeing the most complex arrangements of the energy bodies and where sludge, or parasitic entities were interfering with someone somehow, and I would remove it.

The interesting thing about these events, were they were always very impactful to the client, simultaneously. {Sorry MPG that just cant be proved }

It can be a good healing system, in the hands of the right person. And for many many others it is average, or worse. As I have said, I have seen some amazing healings. Like a 90% size reduction of a breast tumor in an hour. Unfortunately the woman was still too freaked out, and had her breast removed the following morning anyway. But that is where I heard the 90% reduction figure.

And many many other healings.

{but im just a semi delusional nuff nuff believing what I see and not caring about whether I can 'prove' a once off event right? lol} Also I do not personally believe in objectivity. Everything is subjective, all the time.

I think there are better energy healing systems out there, but reiki is a good foundation for those who want to start somewhere.

• Like 4

K, if you are in a materialist mind set and want to see if experience of other things are possible, then feel free to be careful, but dont just decide that there is only one way, or that some particular thing could absolutely not be true, because you firmly believe X...

Careful is fine:-) Thanks Seth. Fixed definitions on that continuum from 'careful' to 'stupid' less appreciated - although I get what yer saying. Fine-oh-fine-oh.

This is a great example, for discussion about the stupid side of scepticism. This woman was up shit creek basically. He fixed her.

Yet, a skeptic will never believe this. They will just throw up examples of debunked conmen, shout things about placebo, and when all else fails, get very nasty and personally insulting. But do you think this woman cares what a skeptic thinks?

And I am not saying I am not sceptical about things. I am very suspicious of things like Homeopathy, yuen method, theta healing, and kineasiology's muscle testing. And placebo is a fascinating science.

The thing is that plaecbo has a percentage range of effectiveness for different conditions.

Pain, auto immune conditions, psychological issues, certain muscular issues like back problems, colds and flues... These have a high response % to placebo treatments.

This is what I usually hear about the above techniques being good at 'fixing' in people.

Things like cancer, muscle wasting diseases, leukaemia... tend to have a very low percentage of responding to placebo.

But there are healers out there who { using energy } have a high success rate with these very conditions.

Reiki is a shamanic healing method not much different that Qigong healing, except spirits are used to aid the healer with his healing. And just like most people can't be shamans, it's the same with Reiki healers, even after a thousand attunements. Most Reiki practitioners are just too impure and not knowledgeable enough to be able to work with energy or with spirits so they are just going thru the motions. However, in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, and who leads a life that keeps him in top shape as a healer (diet, exercise, spiritual cultivation), it's a very powerful healing method capable of visible physical healing, and what makes it so powerful is a real Reiki healer can be just as effective from a distance, there is no need to be close to the patient.

• Like 1

I'll agree with that. Reiki can be very powerful in conjunction with other disciplines.

But I do think there are better arts :)

Edited by Seth Ananda

And to those that want lab results, when you work with spirits, you enter a whole new ball game. For example, some spirits might just very well refuse to cooperate under scrutiny. Or a spirit that might be a healer for someone could refuse to work on someone else or even attack him, depending on that person's past. Only a healer well versed in the art of divination is able to figure out before hand what spirits he should work with and what their effect will be. Like Seth said, it's more of an art rather than a science.

And it's very time consuming. For example, for the 15 minutes - 30 minutes it takes me to send distance reiki to someone, it takes me 30 minutes to get into trance. And add to this another hour or so to divine the spirits that would be most beneficial.

Now how many Reiki practitioners even bother to go into trance?

Edited by healingtouch

seems like every other year or so Reiki resurfaces as a topic on this forum. there are a number of Reiki topics that deal with the themes in this thread.

as with most topics, i stand with my brother Seth on this one. back when i was new to this message board i had a very negative attitude towad reiki because i had so many silly encounters with practitioners or reiki, EVEN THOUGH MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH REIKI WAS RATHER REMARKABLE. it took me some time to get to a place where i could actually appreciate what is profound and authentic about reiki without rejecting it based on some very legitimate issues i've had with many communities of practicioners, not to mention the misinformation, fragmentation, and missing pieces in what passes as reiki training today.

here's a thread i posted about reiki a few years ago. it was sort of my piece gesture with reiki in the tao bums community.

http://thetaobums.co...tion-for-reiki/

...not one of them has stepped up to the bat and been investigated and studied like John Chang or Wim Hoff. Who by the way share similar practices in the beginning levels.

I am not trying to be a Jack*** by pointing this out. I am just trying to be realistic and honest about the situation.

i appreciate your high standards and critical sensibility. i tend to be the same way. not an easy guy to please.

however, there's something i think you might be missing from the video of Wim Hof that you posted.

to me it was easy. i just went deep.i thought there is a large amount of toxin going in. the immune system will react violently. i have to fight back. and i have to show now what i am capable of. i waited years to show this. i can prove it now, here at the Radbud. and that is what i want.

when this is all over, i will cry.

--is it tough?

no! but the journey toward this was. to show what i can do. the cynnicism, mockery, doubt, waiting,... more waiting. the doubt and so on.

i think it's a bit unfair and unreasoned to claim that others haven't "stepped up to the bat," especially when Wim Hof HIMSELF expresses what a daunting task it has been for him to find anyone who was willing to take him seriously and investigate his skills. he put his skills on display as a circus act for who knows how long before anyone with credibility took notice. it's such a rare occasion that it moved him to tears.

i had a back-n-forth with Sloppy Zhang a couple of years ago around a very similar issue of verifiable evidence.

http://thetaobums.co...ng/#entry201210

i even offered myself to be investigated by any of the science folks at his University. but he didn't find anyone willing to take it up. i put that on the general culture of cynnicism and mockery that still runs think in the scientific community.

and also, even though the intestigators were said to be scientists, there was nothing really scientific about the investigation that was done on John Chang. they went in with some very basic gadgets available at any Radio Shack and did such a simple and basic investigation that just about anyone on the street could have done it. they got more video footage, yes. but their methods of inquery were pretty weak.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 3

In most of the reviews on Amazon for that book, and from conversations on forums, the advice given is to NOT practice tummo without a teacher. It seems like a warning to me.

If it is at all possible to practice tummo without a teacher, I would like to read some accounts from people who have done so.

Thanks

The Bliss of Inner Fire book just gives people a taster of Tummo, it doesnt provide full instructions it is just to give you a glimpse of what can be achieved so you are prepared to put in the work to master it. I know many people think that is the whole thing but that wasn't the understanding I got from reading the book. I think the Lama describes it as handing out a small peace of chocolate which gives you a nice taste but to get the whole bar you need to do a great deal more.