Aaron

Be done with knowledge

One day Master Chang was brewing tea, It was a fine tea.

“The best in the world! I should share this with everybody.” he thought.

So he went down into the village with a pot of it.

The shopkeeper didn’t want any.

The soldier didn’t want any.

The farmer didn’t want any.

Finally he came upon a bum who gratefully accepted some.

This is fine tea ,Master Chang , thanks!

Tell me something ,sir bum, Master Chang said…

No one else wanted any of this tea,

it is the best in the world, why did they refuse it?

The bum replied, its because they can all make their own

To suit their own taste, I just don’t know how to brew tea.

Ahhh said Master Chang , you are wise, Sir Bum!

Let us go and brew you the best tea in the world!

So they did.

Stosh

Remember to live what you want to live... and personally that does not depend on wether others accept or not the help i give...

You don't nered to tell me about being compassionate and giving. I already know how to do that and have been doing it ever since I attained the state of having enough. My excess always goes to others.

REALLY, I MUST CONSIDER THAT...? isn't that like an imposition :-)

Well in pushing to 'help' and in doing nothing one may be harming them... You are right -- Just because one sees oneself as on the right path, does not necessarily mean that one be on the right path, nor that the other person will see it - and, this being the case, they - considering your views erroneous and may even find one's 'help' offensive to them (and others)...

The crux of the matter is this... They ask me to stop posting the stuff I post and while they continue to post the stuff they post... I am pretty sure that they would NOT stop posting the stuff they post even if I told them and told them I found their posts offensive... I didn't ask them to post what they posted nor ask them to stop posting what they do post... I present an alternative for all to consider... They say 'this' and I say 'that'... while each is free to read or not read the stuff posted...

Yea many blame me for the emotions they choose to create in themselves ... thats their choice... they could choose other alternatives and emotions but each choose what each chooses... some want to play the victim game and the pouting game and the tantrum game... 'normally' everyone outgrows those childish states ... when individuals start to accept the situation and work to make it better things will improve... many are still in the denial phase of their addictions... afraid to face the truth... or any mention of it... oh and if you dare tell them the truth you will be fired from their company...

Fair enough. Have a wonderful day. :)

I been brewing my own Neem tea for the last couple of years... I read it was a miracle plant, the pharmacy of the villages in india, and bought it... then got a couple of more trees... I enjoy it... though its and acquired taste on the bitter side... and not that tolerant of freezes ... I also acquired some stevia for that sweet taste... the wonders of plant...

Yeah, if a person really wanted to go green and become a vegan there are plenty of plant product that will keep a person very healthy. I take selected herbs along with my vitamins and minerals although lately I have missed a few days of taking anything.

I like coffee and that is mostly what I drink although I really do enjoy a cup of tea now and then. Good luck with your trees.

Now would the tea they brew be the best tea in the world?

Who knows what anybody elses tea is like ?

Thing is, that one wants to suit oneself , and whats good for me aint neccesarily whats good for another.

I try to toss my own choices out for other folks to consider , and look at stuff I can incorporate as well..

Im just not going to dump my recipe and start from scratch on somebody elses say so, and I dont really

expect anyone else to do that on mine either.

So the ending of my little story has them working together to make the tea that suits the Bum

rather than sticking him with the masters Tea ,fine enough as it is.

It seems the harmonious ending to be desired.

Neem works fairly good for garden pests too , it doesnt kill , it sort of confuses the enemy.

Im fairly sure it will grow here in fla and wouldve grown it myself... though it does smell a bit funky

like old oranges.

Have a nice weekend

Stosh

Yeah, if a person really wanted to go green and become a vegan there are plenty of plant product that will keep a person very healthy. I take selected herbs along with my vitamins and minerals although lately I have missed a few days of taking anything.

I like coffee and that is mostly what I drink although I really do enjoy a cup of tea now and then. Good luck with your trees.

I much prefer the coffee , greatly maligned, yet full of antioxidents !

(as well as keeping things moving along )

:)

Stosh

One day Master Chang was brewing tea, It was a fine tea.

“The best in the world! I should share this with everybody.” he thought.

So he went down into the village with a pot of it.

The shopkeeper didn’t want any.

The soldier didn’t want any.

The farmer didn’t want any.

Finally he came upon a bum who gratefully accepted some.

This is fine tea ,Master Chang , thanks!

Tell me something ,sir bum, Master Chang said…

No one else wanted any of this tea,

it is the best in the world, why did they refuse it?

The bum replied, its because they can all make their own

To suit their own taste, I just don’t know how to brew tea.

Ahhh said Master Chang , you are wise, Sir Bum!

Let us go and brew you the best tea in the world!

So they did.

Stosh

I think that this story is good in a way, but it also illustrates the problem. First, isn't it better to be satisfied with just water? Why must we brew tea to satisfy our thirsts? There's nothing implicitly wrong with tea, but when we drink it because we're tired of water, then maybe it's a good time to ask why we're tired with water, which is the healthiest thing we can drink.

The answer is twofold, one we seek something more because we're not satisfied anymore, water is bland, tasteless, it nourishes us, but has little zest or excitement, and two tea can be made to suit our tastes, quench our thirsts, but also the caffeine will stir our blood, give us a bit of pep and excitement. Also, if we make a tasty tea, well then we can meet people who haven't tasted any tea and convince them to drink our own, which means we will have more tea drinkers and less water drinkers.

Eventually everyone drinks the tea they like, but someone decides that tea is sacred and making it improperly is wrong. This group then decides to enforce their own standards on other tea drinkers, but those tea drinkers don't agree and then decide that they will defend their practices. War breaks out and many people die, but neither side is willing to give up what they believe is right, so for centuries the followers bicker, war breaks out sporadically, one side wins, the other bides their time, then revolts, and all for the sake of tea.

The truth is that we should have been satisfied with water, seen tea for what it is, pleasing, but not better than what we have. It doesn't mean we can't drink a bit of tea, but it's important to remember that water is the healthiest thing to drink. It may be bland and tasteless, but that is part of it's strength, it is neither this or that, it is pure and the basis for every other drink on the planet. Everything we drink was water at some point, even fruit juice.

Stop looking for the perfect drink and just return to water. It will satisfy your needs, never make you delusional or sick, it will wash you, clean you, and satisfy your thirst as it's meant to be satisfied. When we can realize this, then we will no longer need tea. That's not to say we can't have a taste, but we will realize what it is and that's it's not needed, just a transitory desire.

Aaron

edit- I'm not knocking you on this Stosh. I realize I've been unkind to you in the past and I apologize. I just wanted to express what I saw in the story. Everyone is entitled to drink tea if they want, we can only hope that in the process no one tries to force their tea on others, simply because it has a taste that satisfies their desires and wants. (Remember they don't need it, only want it.)

Edited by Aaron

is the water boiling?

different kind of teas are best prepared with water at different temperature.

Green tea prefer brewing at lower temperatures, high temperature will cause them to be bitter.

Such are also Oonlongs, while Black tea prefers higher temperature.

Also each teapots and cups have different thermal properties.

So one will have to develop own experiences with a certain vessels or puts alot of 'love' into it.

My 92 years old grandpa loves brewing his own tea, whether for his grand children, guests, or any visitors.

Tea have many good health benefits such as relaxing or energizing properties.

You can enjoy tea alone or in company. Different people prefers their tea home-brewed or vendor-brew.

There are also those Iced Lemon Tea and bottled ice tea at the convenient stores, they are good aswell. I am sure that similar things goes for coffee.

I think if one is thirsty, it is ok to grab what's in front of you.

Whether water, tea, coffee of juices.

"You must unlearn what you have learned." -Yoda

Concepts, labels attributed value nurture the illusion of duality, ego and separation. The Tao knows no such things.

Peace be with you all.

Edited by fizix

is the water boiling?

different kind of teas are best prepared with water at different temperature.

Green tea prefer brewing at lower temperatures, high temperature will cause them to be bitter.

Such are also Oonlongs, while Black tea prefers higher temperature.

Also each teapots and cups have different thermal properties.

So one will have to develop own experiences with a certain vessels or puts alot of 'love' into it.

My 92 years old grandpa loves brewing his own tea, whether for his grand children, guests, or any visitors.

Tea have many good health benefits such as relaxing or energizing properties.

You can enjoy tea alone or in company. Different people prefers their tea home-brewed or vendor-brew.

There are also those Iced Lemon Tea and bottled ice tea at the convenient stores, they are good aswell. I am sure that similar things goes for coffee.

I think if one is thirsty, it is ok to grab what's in front of you.

Whether water, tea, coffee of juices.

Hmm... you missed the point. No need to explain, just remember you don't NEED tea, it's only a want.

Aaron

^_^

Aaron, don't worry. It is not my intention to serve you tea or any drink.

I just want to share the art of making tea with the people who likes to serve tea;

that's all.

I understand your point about water as to what the body actually needs.

May I ask you a question though Aaron?

Would the case be the same as milk?

Water and milk, would it be the same as water and tea?

I am quite curious on your perspectives here.

My point is,

if you have water; drink water.

if you have tea; drink tea.

if you have coffee; drink coffee.

cause if you are thirsty have only tea or coffee but not water,

seeking water might make you more thirsty.

Edited by XieJia

Didn't realize that, and had not consider it... I did know that putting a lot of love into the experience changes the experience and transforms it from some act into quite a different one...

True indeed,

but yet the Dao works and manifest itself in amazing ways.

Yet I did managed to take a sip of your amazing homebrew recipe.

:)

^_^

Aaron, don't worry. It is not my intention to serve you tea or any drink.

I just want to share the art of making tea with the people who likes to serve tea;

that's all.

I understand your point about water as to what the body actually needs.

May I ask you a question though Aaron?

Would the case be the same as milk?

Water and milk, would it be the same as water and tea?

I am quite curious on your perspectives here.

My point is,

if you have water; drink water.

if you have tea; drink tea.

if you have coffee; drink coffee.

cause if you are thirsty have only tea or coffee but not water,

seeking water might make you more thirsty.

I'm using water as a metaphor, just as tea was used as a metaphor. What I am saying is that we don't need to seek other things, when we have what we need already. I thought it was clearly said, so I didn't think it needed to be emphasized. In regards to milk, if we're talking about mother's milk, that would be the source of sources, what we drink when we are born because it has all the nutrients, protein, fat, and vitamins we need as infants, but at some point, when we reach a certain age it isn't enough and we start to eat food and drink water. So maybe this is a better analogy.

When we are born our mothers have everything we need to feed us. We are content with mother's milk, not seeking anything else out, in the old days it was only when it became inconvenient for the mother that we given other sources of nourishment, even then it didn't completely replace our mother's milk, but rather we were weened from it. Weening is a tough process for most infants, because there is so much emotional and physical satisfaction associated with it. At some point we do get weened and begin to eat like everybody else, but there is always that part of us that remembers.

The fact though, is that we can't return to mother's milk, because it only satisfies our needs as infants, however that doesn't mean that we can't return to the state of an infant and recognize the differences between needs and wants. An infant wants what it needs, nothing more. Why do we seem to search out these extraneous things we don't need? Why must we have tea instead of water? If everyone were to have water available to drink at all times, why then must we drink something else?

Aaron

P.S. Thanks for trying to keep the conversation on topic and not inserting your own private agenda.

Edited by Aaron

:) Aaron

I understand your point; and I am trying to bring it back to the topic of "Being done with knowledge".

and I have to agree that in the world today, we humans mixed up much of our needs with our wants.

And collectively we don't really see the downside of having those wants and full-filling those wants.

When we are born our mothers have everything we need to feed us. We are content with mother's milk, not seeking anything else out, in the old days it was only when it became inconvenient for the mother that we given other sources of nourishment, even then it didn't completely replace our mother's milk, but rather we were weened from it. Weening is a tough process for most infants, because there is so much emotional and physical satisfaction associated with it. At some point we do get weened and begin to eat like everybody else, but there is always that part of us that remembers.

Do tell me if I miss the point.

But I think you summarized the thread quite nicely there.

Like the child getting weened at about its mother's milk, the worldly knowledge are passed onto us since birth.

We have been told 'to do this', 'not to do this', 'to do things this way' or 'not to do it that way', as the being of the child learnt into its memories through experiences. "This is how I should do it", "This is what I think", "I should want this", "This is what I should do to get what I want". Those things becomes personalities and what we identify as ourselves.

We grows up, carrying it all in this very moment.

Forgetting that all of it is quite just temporary.

At the start of this thread, you pointed out that it is important

to realize the our source and where it all comes from.

A kind practitioner whom I respect, I referred to him as Uncle once told me.

"Son, if you are that of the world; seeking something that of not this world

will only bring you suffering; like you, yourself are carrying the whole world.

Know how to use the worldly knowledge, we still got to live and get along with others;

after all, fabrications and liberations are just side by side."

Like a light of a candle,

may mindfulness shrines.

Wish you all a good sunday.