Guest RBSA

Freedom of thought

Nah.

'Cake' is the operant conditioner above, not Tao.

I have cake here in my snap bag at work.

Mrs. GrandmasterPs special fruit cake, and very nice it will be too

Shall be enjoying it with my tea (cheese and home grown tomato snadwiches) at 5pm.

No God here though.

One or two senior managers who think they are God maybe, but they aren't.

There aint one.

:)

Kaaazuo: The perfect way to live is not to follow the way of God but to avoid the way of the Devil, or the Devil’s Tao.

et-thoughts: So you claim that the perfect way to live stems avoidance and from the Devil rather than embracing the perfect ways of God...

K: Quite right. The perfect ways of God is actually the Tao of the Devil.

et: Oh by the way the beliefs that God's Tao cannot be perceived is like the belief that persons cannot change what they believe. It is possible to perceive God's Tao with God's grace... to know that you will have to ask God to help you perceive it. In a way it is impossible for us to perceive it, and thanks to God, who can do everything even what is impossible for us, it becomes possible for us to perceive it...

K: It is easier to avoid the Devil; and yet, no one does this. Everyone wants to follow God because everyone wants to be good. Lao Tzu said that people who want to be good are no good.

Those cheese and tomato sandwiches and the cake were delicious.

That's a conditional-truth statement.

I know someone who does not like cheese, hence subectively; to her, my sandwiches would have been quite unpalatable.

HTH

:)

Disliking tomatoes is akin to disliking cats.

Heresy!!

Were I to be emperor you could well be taken out and shot.

Think yourself lucky I am not..

;)

Two dogs and a cat here. Cat's in charge. All live in the house. Mrs GrandmasterPs horse would also be in here if we let it.

Cat convinced it early on that it's a giant puppy.

With the possible exception of domestic ducks there can be fewer more dopey creatures than horses.

With the possible exception of domestic ducks there can be fewer more dopey creatures than horses.

I don't know. I have seen some humans who could qualify for first place.

I do agree. Was referring to non human sorts.

I have attempted in my school teaching days to teach some students who presented with less basic intelligence than has an amoeba.

Waste of time but the pay was good and the long holidays excellent.. Best two things about the job remain... July & August.

Maybe it's your Karma not to believe in Karma M.

et-thoughts: You are right if/when god denotes the devil and the devil denotes God...

your are wrong if/when God denotes God then The perfect ways of God is actually the Tao

Kaaazuo: Chapter 1 of Tao Te Ching says the God that denotes God is et’s God but not the eternal God. et’s God is part of human culture in various forms according to one’s mindset. It’s like a malware implanted in your software to make you do all sorts of self-reassuring things like kneel and pray, do taichi, be one with nature, avoid meat, cultivate chi for mental sex, meditate – all kinds of stuff that your dog would not do no matter how hard you train it. Is it because the dog is stupid?

Et: The deceiver would like everyone to think that its easier to avoid the devil than to follow God... or that there isn't a devil nor a God...or that its all the same... or that nothing matters... or a bunch of other delusions...

K: Avoiding the Devil matters because living in freedom from human folly matters a lot. Cleaning your hard-drive to get rid of malwares is critical to learning the art of living. Being Christ-like is important. Following et’s God is not.

Et: Why do people want to be good ? why do people who want to be good are no good...

maybe the bad want to be good to be like the good who need not want anymore to be what they already are...

K: There are no good people. There are only bad people wanting to be good.

How do bad people know what is good when good people never existed before? There is no model to follow. So, the bad people invent their idea of good. But Lao Tzu said that the good that can be told is not the eternal good. It is just the bad people’s opinion of good.

Et: I believe you that Lao Tzu said 'that'... question is 'that' actually true...

You said stuff that evidently did not correspond to what actually be true...

that you said stuff makes it be true that you said such stuff but the veracity of the stuff you said depends on the veracity of the stuff... not what you say about it...

K: Everything that Lao Tzu said reflects the actuality of reality. This is to say that the Tao Te Ching accurately documents human nature – the nature of evil. This is my take. If you disagree, then let’s examine it Chapter by Chapter to find out if I am correct.

Et: this thread centers on the freedom of thought... evidently some beliefs are ingrained to the point it inhibits the freedom of certain individuals...

K: All beliefs inhibit freedom of thought. Consequently, no individual is free. A belief is like a software code written into the program which is a mindset. If you hold the belief that God exists, then you will follow God in accordance with the code written into your mindset. The atheist has his own code of behavior. He is as stuck as the God-following idiot he berates.

I am getting tired of continuing this thread... may likely cease to comment unless I see it relevant to do...

Thank you for a good time. I enjoyed playing with you.