Guest RBSA

Freedom of thought

I used to say that same thing about being wrong but it got old and just seemed to be too arrogant. I have since pronounced that I have the right to be wrong. 'nuff said 'bout that.

I will joke that way with people in 'real life' so that they can punch me out if I went over the line. On the internet I really try to avoid doing that because I cannot read their body language in order to know if it is okay for me to take those liberties. I would rather just make a joke of myself. Gets more laughs.

I am still at peace with myself. Was when I was typing that response. I will be when I go to bed tonight. Externals cannot disrupt my inner peace and contentment. (My only challenge is keeping things external of myself where they belong.)

Why give it such emotion... and shift the conversation... with respect to what you would say about that life?

I would say that was the life chosen, and every life is precious... especially if individuals learn ...

Why waste life on someone wondering about a wasted life? wouldn't they be wasting their life and our life with such question... Every life is precious... every instant is precious... jabs to push to appreciate and learn now even from this wasted post...

I don't know what I said that caused his outburst. You are right. Why did he give it such emotion? He was all over my ass, as he put it.

I assumed that 58 years and three wives would have added up to a lot of grief if one was an American. So, naturally that would amount to a wasted life. Perhaps, that was a poor choice of word because it implied that I was being condescending and disdainful of a guy who screwed up three times in a row.

I don't know what I said that caused his outburst. You are right. Why did he give it such emotion? He was all over my ass, as he put it.

I assumed that 58 years and three wives would have added up to a lot of grief if one was an American. So, naturally that would amount to a wasted life. Perhaps, that was a poor choice of word because it implied that I was being condescending and disdainful of a guy who screwed up three times in a row.

Well, you fucked up again. Is it natural for you to be an ass hole or are you intentionally trying? If so you picked the wrong person to fuck with.

One more character attack from you and I will report you to the Mods.

Well, you fucked up again. Is it natural for you to be an ass hole or are you intentionally trying? If so you picked the wrong person to fuck with.

One more character attack from you and I will report you to the Mods.

Why are you being so aggressive even when no attempt is made to attack you?

Why are you being so aggressive even when no attempt is made to attack you?

"... of a guy who screwed up three times in a row."

How do you know I screwed up three times? Maybe I am one of those people who enjoys being with different women and now and then he finds one he wants to stay with for a while. I did all my exes very nicely when we parted ways.

I don't need anyone judging my character - I am a very good judge of myself.

I am aggressive because judging other people on this board or anywhere on the internet is totally out of line. Never assume you know a person simply by reading what they type on the internet. Even doing so in 'real life' is a danger.

So if you are now finished with trying to put me down by attacking my character we might be able to have some nice communications. But if you continue trying to judge me you will find resistance.

Edited by Marblehead

"... of a guy who screwed up three times in a row."

How do you know I screwed up three times? Maybe I am one of those people who enjoys being with different women and now and then he finds one he wants to stay with for a while. I did all my exes very nicely when we parted ways.

I don't need anyone judging my character - I am a very good judge of myself.

I am aggressive because judging other people on this board or anywhere on the internet is totally out of line. Never assume you know a person simply by reading what they type on the internet. Even doing so in 'real life' is a danger.

So if you are now finished with trying to put me down by attacking my character we might be able to have some nice communications. But if you continue trying to judge me you will find resistance.

Well, as you said we can't see body language when chatting on the internet and it is easy to misread intentions. So, you can be as judgmental too by using your values to assess what I say.

We all make judgments all the time in order to relate. If we judge wrong, we step into on others toes and get whacked. That's life. I don't mind your getting all over my ass even though I see no call you to do that. And I won't retaliate.

I know that you will get riled no matter how I react. Maybe we should not talk to each other if that's your preference. As for me, I would mess with anyone - including the devil - without losing it.

I know that you will get riled no matter how I react. Maybe we should not talk to each other if that's your preference. As for me, I would mess with anyone - including the devil - without losing it.

Your choices. Just beware who you elect to mess with. You can joke about my rain barrels or my Daylilies if you feel the need.

This board did not have moderators when I first joined. But the personal attacks got so bad that the board owner decided to have moderators oversee the occurrences of such attacks.

Yes, we all make judgements throughout our life. Have to. But those judgements should not be of the character of other people unless you are absolutely confinced that you are right. And while on this board you should not be making character judgements but if you feel the need to have one judged you can send your concerns to the moderators and let them make the judgement calls. That is one of the reasons they are here.

Why do individuals think that they have the right to be wrong rather than have the duty to be right?

In my opinion I am almost always right. No, I'm not perfect - I do error on occasion.

However, my expressing my right to be wrong is mostly related to matters of the mind. I live my life the way I want to as it has proven to be a very fruitful way of living. When someone tells me I am wrong for living the way I do I will remind them that I have the right to be wrong (in their opinion).

Evidently your question offended him and was perceived as an attack...

There were no questions in that post. There were statements that were offensive. I was offended. I responded in an offended manner. There were also value judgements based on ignorance. And they were very demeaning. I will not tolerate that from anyone.

It may not be possible to have an explanation that unifies all the dimensions of your existence into a single expression. That impossibility is expressed in the saying that the Way that can be clearly articulated is not the Way that can be travelled.

But your existence is a unity. The sense of being an inchoate assemblage of parts mirrors that unity in a perverse way.

I don't think one can "own" that unity in the sense that it becomes an "identiy" but you are the only who can live inside the circle you circumscribe.

Change requires effort but it also requires the cessation of effort. There is the work of doing new things. There is the work of not accepting invitations to do what only hurts and creates hurt.

I think It depends less on an idea of personal management and more on perseverence and a commitment to learn from failure.

Ha "I have the right to be wrong" actually reflects the notion "I have the right to choose how to live my life ... regardless of whether you approve of it or not...

Well enough said!

It may not be possible to have ...

Well said PLB.

And espeially this: and a commitment to learn from failure.

That was a pretty hard one for me to get a handle on. I was always criticizing myself for messing up. I don't worry about that any more except when it effects others. Then I am a little harder on myself.

Marblehead, your emphasis upon a commitment to an ideal rings true. I guess RBSA is asking how one starts it.

Your choices. Just beware who you elect to mess with. You can joke about my rain barrels or my Daylilies if you feel the need.

This board did not have moderators when I first joined. But the personal attacks got so bad that the board owner decided to have moderators oversee the occurrences of such attacks.

Yes, we all make judgements throughout our life. Have to. But those judgements should not be of the character of other people unless you are absolutely confinced that you are right. And while on this board you should not be making character judgements but if you feel the need to have one judged you can send your concerns to the moderators and let them make the judgement calls. That is one of the reasons they are here.

Ok, I hear you. You are off-limits to me. I will stay out of your flower patch. No problem.

• Like 1

Evidently your question offended him and was perceived as an attack...

You should had seen the reaction I got from a professor 'the other day' when I asked a question ... that questioned his authority...

My question hit a nerve, a rather sensitive nerve... especially because what I asked turned the table upside-down ... it exposed a cognitive illusion that the cognitive professor was unaware even existed... and was under the cognitive illusion's spell ...

We are all under the cognitive illusion's spell. Some welcome an awakening, others would kill if disturbed.

The Buddha was lucky. Jesus was nailed. Lao Tze was smartest and took off to the Kun Lun mountains leaving

an accursed and doomed life form to its own fate.

You were not lucky with your professor and got nailed. Are you under the cognitive illusion's spell that there are

people out there awaiting an awakening from their spells?

Marblehead, your emphasis upon a commitment to an ideal rings true. I guess RBSA is asking how one starts it.

Thanks. Hehehe. I hope he doen't ask me that question. It really would be a tough one to explain properly.

Indeed we are all under the cognitive illusion's spell... those who choose to be under the truths spell get to see with clarity what be going on... those who choose to be free of the truth spell get to be enslaved by the delusional spell without even knowing it... everyone is still bound to the cognitive illusion's spell... its just that with the truth one sees what be for what be... Are there people out there awaiting an awakening from their spells ? maybe there are maybe there aren't... the question to ask is : is one awaiting an awakening from some spell or seeking to know the truth?

I am awaiting an awakening from some spell. It is the spell of being me. I know the truth that I am an illusion which was discovered by the Buddha. This truth doesn't awaken me from the cognitive illusion of the self. It only stops me from making the mistake of getting married three times. It also stops me from losing my temper every time someone rubs me the wrong way. It helps, but I am still trapped in the cognitive illusion of the spell.

Yea I got nailed with that professor and some of the other professors too... though the insights from the interactions where quite good and it did set me in a course to find out what it takes to change the beliefs that someone chooses to hold... especially when they refuse to change... its a fascinating adventure... that has taken me through a myriad of places and lessons... right now I am much further into the adventure than some years back... there are still some hurtles to overcome... and right now I consider this is the place for me to explore the next steps...

Yes, it is a fascinating adventure. The insights I gained from the interactions is that people cannot change the beliefs that they hold. There is no freedom of thought. There are only different mindsets. Each person has a mindset. This mindset is like a formatted hard disk. Every time it boots up, it is the same operating system functioning the same way. You cannot convince the person to change his mindset or beliefs which are already installed in his hard drive. That is why, in China, when the Emperor wanted social progress, he had people's heads chopped off so that the next generation can be implanted fresh new ideas. So, if you want to change peoples' beliefs, you will have to implement Mao Zedong's brutal Cultural Revolution.

Americans believe they are evolved and capable of political debate. Good luck, I say.