stick around... we will get to that ;)

Question:

If magick is purely subjective, is it even possible to practice magick incorrectly?

If so how and why?

If the Ritual "works"... You did it right!

If the Ritual "doesn't get results"... You did it wrong!

That's the standard I employ ;)

At this point- 7 pages into the thread- there is a LOT of material, given...

Those of you, who are pretty adept at circulating chi... have a huge advantage, here

With the knowledge, understanding- and 'applied' wisdom from studying all this information--

&

Combining that with your Qi training-- can easily advance you to Intermediate level...

Advanced level- comes just from putting the time in to research and practice-- The Universe will open doors and provide synchronicity, for the rest of your training... Promise ;)

HARRY POTTER, WATCH OUT!

THE TAOBUMS ARE NOT TOO FAR AWAY

:)

• Like 1

look, why do you think we're asking you to share experiences?

inviting an entity, enochian or not, into your energy field is not a good idea.

it's like inviting a stranger to sleep with your wife.

people here had VERY bad experiences with these sort of things. it may come as silly to you, practicing this stuff since you were a child and all, but the rest of us aren't that open to this kind of experiences, NOT without knowing they do it right.

i think you're right, your methods are a bit out of sync with the way people practice here.

i for one am interested at least on a theoretic level, but i'm not going to jump head first into any rituals, and i expect that at least the male bums should have the same mindset. it's like saying, deliver a sharp blow to your genitals, and see what happens. why? are you to shy to do it, weeeelll, the proof is in the pudding.

like i said, not the same approach to practice & all

i hope you won't take it the hard way, i feel you are really sensitive. but please, Understand.

I

• Purchase a cheap picture frame

• Take out the glass, and spray paint one side, with flat black spray paint

• After it dries, reassemble it

• the non-painted aside- is the side you scry into

You can annoint it, or make some personal symbol, or element, planetary, QBL , etc... on the back [all covered on this thread, already]

Review the material on this thread - especially Scrying...

On the night of the next New Moon...

This Scrying Rite is to be performed...

So you have a couple of weeks to become familiar with this material, and have enough time, to at least, make or buy, a scrying dark mirror...

New moon - September 15, 2012

HOW TO MAKE A DARK SCRYING MIRROR....

Take a cleansing bath- not because 'thou stinketh', but as a daily, purging of mundane, residual energy...

Get yourself psyched up- because you are now crossing the boundary into occult terrority

You know, the place people talk about, but very few -- dare to actually enter..

..........Your Temple area, is set up, prior

Your incense is lit, with whatever flavor you decide is meaningful to you, [& not to More_Pie_Guy] :)

Inhale deeeeeep-- we want much Yin Qi now...

• Do the Middle Pillar
  • Sol Empowerment
  • and Sonic Wave Banishing... now

But wait! ...remember when I said we will eventually substitute the Celestial Bodies for the Sol Empowerment Rite?

Guess what? :)

We will do that , now--

replace the Sol/Sun with Lunar/Moon energy---

cool silver

Recall now- your Element traing?

We are using Water

Recall your Tree Of Life training?

We are going to be Entering Yesod

Silver cool fluid energy-- very Yinny

Now light your Blue candles- that are already sparkling with power, from all the work you just did....

Get out your Tarot cards....

II

Tarot Cards- remove the Major Arcana... Put the Magickian on the Right of where you are sitting

High Priestess, to the left

recall your Planetary training

Get your ritual Tools- and place the Cup next to you

surround the Cup, with the Cup [court] cards

Put the 20 [-2] Major Arcana cards- into the Cup

Become One, with the Moon card.....

Yin Yin Yin....

SCRY INTO YOUR DARK MIRROR

THE TEMPLE VEIL RIPS ASSUNDER

YOU ARE PASSING INTO A PORTAL

SCRY..........

• The purpose of this Ritual... is for Past Life Recall

Scry at your face---

Facial Distortion...

Watch, as your face... CHANGES

[iT WILL!]

;)

Upon completion...

Take 2 cards [Numerology]...out of the Cup

Understand their meaning...

--good time to start writing all the results down... if you are serious, get a Journal

Down the road, you can look back and learn from your errors, & successes

Banish with prescribed Ritual

pat yourself on the back... and Ground yourself, by eating something

• Later on, Post something on this Thread, about YOUR EXPERIENCE :)

people here had VERY bad experiences with these sort of things. it may come as silly to you, practicing this stuff since you were a child and all, but the rest of us aren't that open to this kind of experiences, NOT without knowing they do it right.

i think you're right, your methods are a bit out of sync with the way people practice here.

i for one am interested at least on a theoretic level, but i'm not going to jump head first into any rituals, and i expect that at least the male bums should have the same mindset. it's like saying, deliver a sharp blow to your genitals, and see what happens. why? are you to shy to do it, weeeelll, the proof is in the pudding.

i hope you won't take it the hard way, i feel you are really sensitive. but please, Understand.

I want to stress some points here..

First, no one, is forcing anyone, to do anything

I posted numerous times- those who are interested, post/read/learn from this thread

LOL I can not believe, 7 pages into this Thread- I STILL have to REPEAT THIS STUFF!

Also- I am not 'sensitive'....

I put A LOT of work into [ALL] the threads I post

I do NOT get paid one cent

All the Books I wrote- I NEVER Charged one cent...

not even asking for donations

22 Books

and a Blog

and

Posting all over the Internet

I even uploaded them to Torrent Sites

I also answer All E-Mails

I have even done FREE healing work and Banishing work- for Complete Strangers

This is all ALTRUISM

What I do expect- in Exchange, though... is some Courtesy and Respect

I Already Know How to Do This Stuff... I am just Sharing [For Free]

For some reason- people feel... they Deserve to be coddled, and have their hand held...

And have a god given right to abuse the message and/or messenger

Many will just glance over the material, then re-ask the same questions...

Or hop from one thread- which has the same material... then ask the same questions- to the same people- again, on another thread

Do you argue with a book when you read it?

Argue with the sales personnal who sold it to you?

Fight with the author and tell him

''HEY MAGICK IS DANGEROUS- I WANT MY MONEY BACK!''

Again-

THIS THREAD IS FOR EDUCATIONAL STUDY ONLY

PRACTICE AT YOUR OWN RISK

But...if you really want to learn- MEET ME HALF WAY

Don't expect me to carry you, because you don't want to be bothered reading everything

If that is the case- I can tell you right now, Magick is NOT for you!

I can tell who is serious... and who is pulling my chain/trolling-- just by their posts and by your energy streams

A little respect goes a long way in life

Common courtesy for a person who is taking time out of their day- for everyone else's benefit.... and doing it all for free

Seriously... think about it...

:)

• Like 1

Like I said- I already answered ALL that on Page 6... I already said I was GOING TO POST AN ACTUAL RITUAL I PERFORMED

We are receiving a lot of views, but hardly anyone is posting on it lol.

Rather than being redundant, I am not going to re-answer the same questions, if the material was already covered in this Thread.

Search through out the Whole Thread-

Read it, and allow the material to sink in.

[i realize there is a lot]

All the info in this thread, must be used in conjunction with each other, for a safe working.

It is just very basic principles, and necessary foundational work, to build on.

When running a race, which leg makes you run faster- the left or the right leg??... same sort of logic

I am going to wind this thread down.

If the feedback increases, I will just keep up with it

I realize [now lol] that TaoBums is not the place for

a Western Magick Thread.

There appeared to be an interest in it, on other threads-- but I have a feeling, posters rather argue about Magick, than actually perform it...

But I am not abandoning this thread,

because I did put a lot of work into it.

So I am just going to move at a quicker pace, to maybe spark interest...

I am going to give a Scrying Ritual,

and then post the Ritual I did, and it's results

[Not for the Squeamish lol]

it's precisely because i appreciate and respect your effort that i bothered to post, you can say is altruism from my part, i care about your efforts and free time. for a person that is trained to sense the intent of spirit beings, i expected you understand mine. of course human to human communication can be trickier, especially amoungst people with minimum social skills (such as closet daoists and witches). nevermind that, keep at it, i'll be reading your posts :)

I'm chilling this thread [Not sure what I really mean by that, though :P ]-

...& rather than posting a recent ritual of mine...

[have a feeling it will cause some problems... pretty Hard-Core :ph34r: ]

☼you can read a book full of them, right here: -8-|-|->

:D :::::::::Both- Free Downloads:::>

♀Here is also a another Magick Ritual Guide Book: 8>

If anyone wants to discuss Magick, off this forum:

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

Interesting...first it's claimed that Taoist Alchemy practicers are the "do, don't talk" people since studying spiritual practice takes time away from actual practice.

Then it's claimed that Westerners are too different from the Taoist Alchemy practicers because Western Tradition folks rush into practice rather than examining it carefully first.

I don't agree with the assertion that Western ways of practicing are "too different" from Taoist practicing. Taobums History shows plenty of people have hurt themselves from forcing MCO plus having all kinds of weird "entity" experiences or "hostile naga" experiences from doing Taoist Alchemy practices. Alexandra David-Neel deliberately created a Thought-form entity (a little monk) who though at first was friendly eventually became hostile. She had to dissolve him later because of this. So that's both Taoist practices and Buddhist practices that also have negative experiences within spiritual traditions. It's not something exclusive to Western mystery traditions.

My PRACTICAL Advice (especially if you are worried about the above):

In addition to the beginner Western Tradition practices you should begin the following in lock-step with these exercises (if you aren't doing so already). Note: I picked these ideas up from Liao Fan's Four Lessons. For a more home-grown Western version you can also read Benjamin Franklin's autobiography and discover he did the exact same thing as Liao Fan.

1. Buy a blank notebook. Divide the page into three columns. On the first column write Virtue. On the second write Vice. On the third write Good Deeds. Now begin practicing Confucius' Golden Rule - Do not do to others what you would not want them to do to you. Say this Confucian Rule several times through out the day (either silently or out loud) for the next few weeks at least.

2. Begin doing 1- 4 Good Deeds per day above and beyond what you normally are accustomed to doing. Example: If you have a habit of not walking your dog begin walking your dog daily. That counts. 2nd example: Buy a bag of bird seed and go feed some birds - especially in winter time when food is scarce. Do this daily PRIOR to taking your own meal. This also counts. Place a hashmark, asterisk or some other notation in the Good Deed column of your log book for each specific deed you performed.

3. At the end of the day review your actions. For every behavior that was the acting out of a vice put a mark in the vice column. For every situation that came up that day where virtue prevailed put a mark in the virtue column.

Do this every single day. The advantage of the above system is that over time you will see a marked reduction of the tendency to give into your vices. Especially the one(s) you have the most trouble abstaining from when circumstances arise that make it easy to repeat your old vice tendencies. You'll also have a log tracking your good deeds. This is better than relying solely on gut feeling that one is increasingly practicing virtue. The log makes it possible to actually see that you are training in improved conduct - both internally and externally.

In addition to the above you may want to add something new to your daily meditation practice. A specific meditation devoted solely to Loving-Kindness. There are several available. Some Sufi, some Buddhist, some Hindu, etc. But the tradition the practice comes from is not the point since no spiritual tradition can claim loving-kindness is exclusive to it alone.

As a side note: I have done (still do) the above myself. Although I actually bought and mounted a chalkboard on one of my walls and every day I put a mark under the various columns having to do with my assorted spiritual/alchemy practices of which I consider morality to be the foundation of it all. I have a visible track record showing what I practiced that day, where I slacked off and were I fell short of manifesting virtue.

BTW - without practicing virtue you can forget about being a Mage, Sage or Buddha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't agree with the assertion that Western ways of practicing are "too different" from Taoist practicing. Taobums History shows plenty of people have hurt themselves from forcing MCO plus having all kinds of weird "entity" experiences or "hostile naga" experiences from doing Taoist Alchemy practices. Alexandra David-Neel deliberately created a Thought-form entity (a little monk) who though at first was friendly eventually became hostile. She had to dissolve him later because of this. So that's both Taoist practices and Buddhist practices that also have negative experiences within spiritual traditions. It's not something exclusive to Western mystery traditions.

Wow! Never heard of her before... thanks for that :)

I Googled her... very interesting!

The Amazing Tibetan Adventures of Alexandra David-Neel

TULPA of Alexandra David-Neel

More practical advice:

Begin practicing 'deletion' of whatever visualization or other sensory-based training you are making. I do White Skeleton meditation and deletion is one of it's main components.

Perhaps DNB or Theurgy can share a deletion or dissolving practice for Western mystery practicers.

Also gotta make a plug here for Yuen Method because it's MAIN practice is all about deletion and neutrality. Combined with the Liao Fan log, or dissolving practices like with BKF's Energy Gates it makes a powerful punch.

Edit:

Also want to plug the following 2 books.

Train Your Brain, Engage Your Heart by Amit Sood (Thank you Scotty for turning me on to this wonderful book!)

The Four Immeasurables: Practices to Open the Heart by B. Alan Wallace

Edited by SereneBlue

Wow! Never heard of her before... thanks for that :)

I Googled her... very interesting!

The Amazing Tibetan Adventures of Alexandra David-Neel

TULPA of Alexandra David-Neel

oops! :)

When Alexandra David-Neel journeyed through Tibet, one of the many mystical techniques she studied was that of tulpa creation. A tulpa, according to traditional Tibetan doctrines, is an entity created by an act of imagination, rather like the fictional characters of a novelist, except that tulpas are not written down. David-Neel became so interested in the concept that she decided to try to create one.

The method involved was essentially intense concentration and visualization. David-Neel's tulpa began its existence as a plump, benign little monk, similar to Friar Tuck. It was at first entirely subjective, but gradually, with practice, she was able to visualize the tulpa out there, like an imaginary ghost flitting about the real world.

In time the vision grew in clarity and substance until it was indistinguishable from physical reality-a sort of self-induced hallucination. But the day came when the hallucination slipped from her conscious control. She discovered that the monk would appear from time to time when she had not willed it. Furthermore her friendly little figure was slimming down and taking on a distinctly sinister aspect.

Eventually her companions, who where unaware of the mental disciplines she was practicing, began to ask about the "stranger" who had turned up in their camp-a clear indication that a creature which was no more that solidified imagination had definite objective reality.

At this point, David-Neel decided things had gone too far and applied different lamaist techniques to reabsorb the creature into her own mind. The tulpa proved very unwillling to face destruction in this way so that the process took several weeks and left its creator exhausted.

- Excerpt from "Body, Mind & Spirit - A Dictionary of New Age Ideas"

Once Upon a Time...[1995]...I created an Artificial Elemental- {Water... }

(Chaotes call them Servitors)....[Tulpa]

You also create a little house for them to stay in, between their 'chores...'

I fashioned a small clay cyclinder, and 'it' lived in there-

After 'it' was finished, I banished it

:wub: Unbeknownst to me- "it" wasn't home, in "its" little house, when I banished it...[oops!]

So when I smashed the little house/cylinder-- "it" later,...returned... and having NO home to lay "it's" weary head...[oops!]

......LOL, proceeded to dwell in my New water heater

Still "Under warranty"... the thing ...blew up...[oops!]

Lots of noise...... and... er... `well...

you get the idea ;)

Magick needs generative life force.

Here is a proven method for raising one's generative force (jing for all you Taoists) quickly.

This is geared toward women but men have had just as much success using it.

For this Exercise you need several things.

Witch's book The Orgasmic Diet

Also get and take daily:

Very high load purified Fish Oil capsules (1,400 - 1,700 kg depending upon your weight - this is equivalent to eating wild-caught fatty Omega 3 loaded fish like salmon 2x a week). Zone Labs is one brand that makes these high load fish oil capsules. I take Life Extension's fish oil capsules because it's combined with sesame lignan extract. Scientific studies show that sesame lignan potentates and extends the lifespan of the fish oil in one's bloodstream. More bang for the same buck. You could also substitute Krill Oil (aka Marine Oil) as long as it has the required amount of DHA/EPA.

1/2 oz of dark chocolate

1 multivitamin

1 vitamin C tablet (or a glass of orange juice)

777 mg calcium

270 mg magnesium

4-7 mg zinc

2 milk thistle capsules (my own addition, it's not in Witch's book) - the reason is that Milk Thistle has been shown scientifically to help rejuvenate the kidneys - which according to TCM stores jing. Anything that aids your kidneys is something I think is helpful when it comes to building up and storing more generative force.

Perform 25 - 50 kegels while focusing one's attention (concentration meditation) at one's cervix (for women) or perineum (for men)

Cut out all foods or drinks that are a stimulant. This is important. Stimulants like gingseng and caffeine will obliterate the gains made from the other supplements.

Diet:

30% protein (meat, diary, vegetables and fish), 30% fats (monosaturated fasts, such as olive oil and saturated fats such as dairy , meat and poultry), 40% or less carbohydrates, avoiding starchy ones ( white bread, potatoes). Every few days, you will need to take 27mg of iron (as a tablet) if you are not menopausal or have some other contra-indicative medical condition.

For women who really want to develop generative energy to a very high degree you should also invest in Gyneflex vaginal weights. Think of them as miniature

for your yoni.

For me it took about 6 weeks to gain any results whatsoever. Most women do not take that long though (I was a hard case...). However...once it kicked in it kicked in hard core.

Using the above protocol you will develop the power house needed for magick work as well as any other inner alchemy practices you may be doing.

Cool post serene....I didn't know Witch's diet book was for men also. Interesting stuff. Perhaps something i will experiment with soon....though in regards to sexual energy i probably have all i need right now. :lol:

----------------------------------

I am enjoying the thread DNB. Not sure if i will practice magick anytime soon...i prefer to continue digging as deep a well as i can with my Neigong practices. Maybe in another 8 years when i have reached some kind of relative attainment with my current practices i will experiment.

However, i still am very interested in studying the Western Tradition. I had a question in regards to working with the Tree through meditation. I have been simply doing fixed gaze emptiness meditations on the Tree of Life and have been meditating on 1 sphere at a time and sometimes the Tree as a whole for about 2 months now.

I noticed that many practitioners reccomend flamboyant visualizations of colors an angels in accompanying one's meditations on the Sephirot...this is something that i tend to stray away from...and i feel that i "recieve" a lot from the meditations i do now.....are these colorful visualizations neccesary in one's practice?

-------------------------------------------------

Also for those interested i have been listening to this podcast on itunes called the Hermetic Hour by Poke Runyon and it talks about various areas of the Western Tradition and have found it quite enjoyable. The podcasts are free and you can get them in itunes. http://www.blogtalkr...e-hermetic-hour

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Here is a bit of theory in Magick.

This info and exercise comes from Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki (of the Western mystery school Servants of the Light) and can be found in the book Magickal Use of Thought Forms.

Can you build a thought form and hold it clear and true? Can you send it out into the cosmos to broadcast its message and gather about itself the building blocks of desire? Can you reverse the power and cut out your life those things you no longer need? The above sounds like an advertisement for every self-help book ever written. There is a difference. This book will, if used correctly and in sequence, show you how to build a thought form that will (1) be specific in every detail, (2) give you the background of how and why thought forms work, and (3) teach you how to make them persist.

My late teacher, W.E. Butler, taught that without understanding, all the knowledge in the world can never become wisdom.

To be successful , occult work must have a strong foundation. The art of thought-forming is no exception. The foundation is known as the Triangle of Causation and comprises (1) desire, (2) visualization, and (3) imagination. The triangle is known in occult work as one of the first and strongest geometric figures. It is associated with Binah, the Giver of Form, and is adapted for our purposes. But most foundations need a fourth point. For Qabalistically minded readers, the four square figure belongs to Chesed, the sphere immediately following that of Binah and known as the sphere of organization (note: book has a graphic to go with the text at this point - see the attachment: I recreated the graphic from the book).

The Triangle of Causation is shown by the solid black line. It indicates that which is needed at the astral level to begin the creation of a thought form. To complete the foundation and bring that thought form down into the physical level, you need one more "point" - yourself, as both recipient and originator. The Triangle of Causation obeys the law of "as above so below" and reflects itself on the lower level, as shown by the dotted lines. You become the fourth point and the whole thing becomes a squared foundation.

Before we leave this intriguing game of geometry, let me point out that once you have this square, you can, by finding the exact center of the square and elevating it, create a pyramid with all that this ancient form symbolizes.

Second entry:

Desire

It is this single-mindedness of will, this need, this desire, that is the main thrusting-block of the magical thought form - to desire so deeply in mind, heart and gut that it causes ripples of anticipation strong enough to disturb the placid surface of the astral matter. It also causes (or should cause) warning bells to ring in one's mind. Sometimes we desire things we cannot, should not, or must not have, either at a specific point in our lives or in this lifetime. There are things we are not destined to have, and nothing, no amount of magical expertise, training, emotion, visualization, or desire will bring them to us. At such times we generally blame God, by whatever name we designate the One. But we should blame ourselves, for within each of us there is a guardian, an aspect of the Primal Spark, whose task it is to keep us from committing spiritual hara-kiri. We can override it, but do so at our peril.

To deliberately build up desire of this intensity takes practice and common sense, an ingredient sadly lacking in many occult circles. First and foremost, ask yourself why you want this particular thing. Is it good for you? Will it cause problems elsewhere in your life of the lives of others? Cultivate self-honesty in your magical work, it will act as a defense against the most prevalent disease in magic - uncontrolled egotism. Ancient Egyptians called it "working with Ma'at."

If you are sure of what you want, and knowing what you want is the hardest part of all this preparation you can begin to build up the desire within you. Use a magical mirror to talk to yourself about your desire. This will double the input of power because it will reflect the idea, the power, and the impact back and forth. Repeating spells into your mirror makes them work twice as quickly, but only spells you intend to benefit yourself. Remember you are talking to yourself, after all.

Concentrate on building the desire aspect and leave everything else alone. Do not, at this point, bring in the imagination or visualization. Just "need" it. It will take 3 days minimum to build up the pressure. Don't stint on time: there is too much of the "hurry, hurry, hurry" syndrome in occult practice today. Concentrate on feeling, not seeing (emphasis in original). Think of something you own that is important to you, examine the "feelings" you have about that object, and compare them with your feelings about the desired object. There is a sense of ownership; it belongs to you in a very personal way; without it you would feel bereft. This is the feeling you must try to reproduce. You must feel as if you already have what you want.

post-5603-0-68097100-1346644599_thumb.png

Edited by SereneBlue

Next exercise: This is a (highly modified and simplified) exercise inspired by the copius exercises in the Nowicki book.

Visualization and Deletion training: I plan to do this at least 4 days a week for the next 3 months. I'll make space on my Chalkboard for it. Would be glad to hear if others would like to join in and we compare notes. I'm also going to try to scrape up the money to get the stuff to do the Scrying, etc exercises DNB has posted.

Anyway..here's my contribution:

Go to a store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby and buy the following:

1. A foam or wooden sphere.

2. A bottle of cheap craft acrylic paint if you do not already own any (white, red, blue, yellow).

3. A strip of craft wood and a bottle of Gorilla Glue or acrylic molding/modeling paste

4. Glue the sphere to the wood plank with either the Gorilla Glue or acrylic molding/modeling paste.

Now...

A. In a quiet place in your room set the wood plank with sphere in front of you. Focus on the sphere for approximately 1 minute. (see Note at the end of this post explaining yet another use you can use this Sphere for). As you gain experience the time spent on each stage will lengthen.

B. Close your eyes and see this sphere in your mind's eye. Try to make the sphere as 3 dimensional and solid as you possibly can and hold it in your mind's eye for another minute.

Now open your eyes and compare how "solid" and "colorful" your mind's eye sphere was to the sphere in front of you. Rate your visualization "solidness" and "colorfulness" on a scale of one to ten with one being exceedingly vague and hazy (almost not there) to ten - just as rock solid and colorful as the sphere on the plank sitting out there in front of you.

Record this rating in a log book.

Next step.

After 3 weeks of doing the above exercise add the following step. This next step is *very* important btw because if you DO ever decide to craft your own Tulpa - this is a step that may well be one that can save your butt from any surprise, unwanted "hostile" or "negative" entities like what David-Neel experienced.

C. De-materialize the sphere in your mind's eye step-by-step. Make the de-materialization as 3D as you possibly can. You are sending the sphere back to Neutral, Undifferentiated Space.

Again...open your eyes. Compare to the "real-world" sphere and give it a rating in your log book.

Note: This gazing at an object has a long history in Meditation training in its own right. In Buddhism it's known as Kasina training and the idea is to see how long and steady you can gaze at the object before your eyes (and thus attention) wander. I did this for a year by gazing at a large beach pebble on a wood tv dinner tray lit only by soft candlelight. After 3 months the pebble began to acquire a distinct bright pink aura. I was not practicing to "make" the pink aura happen. It happened spontaneously. I'm still not sure what the significance of a pink aura is. If anyone knows I'm itching to find out.

Basically the exercise listed above IS Kasina training in every way with the exception being that the focus is placed on building/dematerializing the mental image as concretely as you can rather than how long one can focus on it before the mind wanders (although eventually it does become precisely that as the time spent on each stage lengthens). Eventually you can extend the stages and higher levels of Kasina don't need any external support at all.

Here is a far more detailed exercise in Kasina than I gave above. Notice that someone highly trained in Kasina can get to the 2nd Jhana - that is, one of the 4 states (something - alas - I have never achieved). So the above exercise can also be good for training in serenity meditation. Higher levels (beyond the 2nd Jhana if I recall correctly) are said to be better served by switching to shamatha or anapana meditation on the breath. However, I feel Kasina is still useful in its own right because not only does it lead to up to 2nd Jhana but (unlike with breath meditation only) that skill crosses over to be useful for working with thought-forms, elementals, etc.

Edited by JustARandomPanda

In Path Notes they talk about Auras a lot and he mentions that pink is usually a color for love and that often pregnant women will be pink. Not sure how applicable this is to a stone.

Also it is my understanding based on readings (not experience) that it is good to have a failsafe when you create a thought form like tying its life to a sheet of paper or a clay statue in which you can destroy at any time and thus destroy the thought form.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Cool post serene....I didn't know Witch's diet book was for men also. Interesting stuff. Perhaps something i will experiment with soon....though in regards to sexual energy i probably have all i need right now. :lol:

----------------------------------

I am enjoying the thread DNB. Not sure if i will practice magick anytime soon...i prefer to continue digging as deep a well as i can with my Neigong practices. Maybe in another 8 years when i have reached some kind of relative attainment with my current practices i will experiment.

However, i still am very interested in studying the Western Tradition. I had a question in regards to working with the Tree through meditation. I have been simply doing fixed gaze emptiness meditations on the Tree of Life and have been meditating on 1 sphere at a time and sometimes the Tree as a whole for about 2 months now.

I noticed that many practitioners reccomend flamboyant visualizations of colors an angels in accompanying one's meditations on the Sephirot...this is something that i tend to stray away from...and i feel that i "recieve" a lot from the meditations i do now.....are these colorful visualizations neccesary in one's practice?

-------------------------------------------------

Also for those interested i have been listening to this podcast on itunes called the Hermetic Hour by Poke Runyon and it talks about various areas of the Western Tradition and have found it quite enjoyable. The podcasts are free and you can get them in itunes. http://www.blogtalkr...e-hermetic-hour

-My 2 cents, Peace

Thank you brother- and everyone else who posted on this thread, thanking me- Thank You for Reading!... Post Now lol

Colors- are higher frequencies [+sound]....so this helps to transfer your consciousness/astrally to the Sphere.

You can use Tarot, as well- to project

The 'angels'.. etc.,, are the guardians, according to lore/myth-- there are other inhabitants, too

Basically, these are all 'travel agencies'... to make sure- you 'connect with the correct sphere'

192px-Ktreewnames.png

example:

you want to connect with Netzach ^...Venus, lusty, YoungGreen :P ...

- however, you 'astrally see'... libraries, an Ibis...Thoth, quicksilver streaming across the ground...

***you got off the magic carpet ride @ Hod

--

Poke Runyon is the facial distortion scryer - resonates well on this thread... which brings me to the next resonation/synchronicity link you provided... [continued on next post]

• Like 1

I'm also going to try to scrape up the money to get the stuff to do the Scrying, etc exercises DNB has posted.

You can strip the 'mystique down' - and just practice with a Television screen, [shut off] ... I actually told someone this, in an Email, who was low on funds (almost everyone is)

I'd be willing to bet, you will make for an excellent scryer.

--Also..Most females are better than males, due to the 'corpus colostrum factor'

[...& if you ever get into a problem, or questions- just email me or PM me]

By practicing now, by the time you get the setup, you will have already developed the neural scrying pathways [just advice :P ]

I actually use, an old glass, concave cooking pot, cover- painted black, on the inside

... which brings me to the next resonation/synchronicity link you provided... [continued on next post]

I had originally said, I was going to post some of my own Rituals, [and their results]... then decided I wasn't...

[things have a way of being, misconstrued here]...

However, you mentioning "practicing in 8 years" - sort of provokes me to mention my Ritual work...

ok, OldGreen, so here it goes...

lol I'm blaming you if mutiny gets declared on this thread (again!) :)

----------

Dear TaoBums... take it, or leave it - this is just my experience(s):

This world -- doesn't have 8 years... society will break down- war and natural disasters is coming... by practicing Magick, now-- you will have another tool, in your toolbox

I am not a doomsday preacher.. the coming changes are Beneficial, not malignant... spiritual preparation is necessary, though...

--I am going to provide some references, for my warnings... again, not a 'book plug' - I get zero money for any of this stuff..........

----

Aleister Crowley - his student, John [Jack] Whiteside Parsons... performed the infamous Babalon [babylon] Working.

The Babalon Working was a series of magic ceremonies or rituals from January to March, 1946 by author, pioneer rocket-fuel scientist, and occultist Jack Parsons, along with Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.[1] This ritual was essentially designed to manifest an individual incarnation of the archetypal divine feminine called Babalon.[2]

-----------

I also did one...Babalon [babylon] Working... and it was put on Public display- in My Yahoo Group Diary:

http://groups.yahoo..../enochianmagic/

[side note: some TaoBums have been requesting entry, the Group was retired, last year... says so, on the Front Page]

This was a series of Rituals- Enochian Magick... and I Wrote Books detailing all of it. They were immediately Uploaded, for Free- for quick and world-wide circulation [Torrents, PDFs, etc]

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/SaToGa

Liber Typhon - Babalon Working- Enochian -By SaToGa

http://www.lulu.com/...t-14712463.html

As they were individually uploaded, Magickians, world-wide, were providing Energy [EGREGORE!].. Morphic Resonance...

Each Ritual... was Opening Portals... allowing the Next Succession of Events- to Unfold...alot of power

Unbeknownst, to anyone - [again, all dated, on a public forum- everything witnessed, by hundreds of thousands

[Google SaToGa Enochian... check the numbers]

Liber Typhon Babalon Working

Released On:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 pm

then...

Enochian Entities Evolution Egypt

Tue Feb 1, 2011 6:38 pm

http://groups.yahoo....gic/message/114

"Enochian Entities Evolution Egypt

Egypt Giza Fire Pyramids Nile Enochian Magick:

My 9 books share a Time Line...

-The Enochian Visions share what is happening in Egypt

[2 months before it happened]

The Visions also speak about what is to come-

The Enochian Rituals & the Time Schedule... the EE pushed for-

Culminating with the Babalon Working:

“Micma!

Farzm iaidon Mad…

Zamran micalzo ohorela tooat!

Ozazm Urelp teloch

Qmospleh lap homil Luciftian AOMORYBN lonsa!

Quiin toltorg brgda

Zacar ca od zamran odo cicle qaa

Eol balzarg lonsa homil

Ananael qaan aziagiar avavago!

Acocasb allar qtiIlg bab bransg bogpa!

Bahal vohim gah od Babalond Babalon od Choronzon

Teloch Vovin od gah-l:

Semihazah Artqoph Ramtel Kokabel Ramel Danieal

Zeqiel Baraqel Asael Hermoni Matarel Ananel Stawel

Samsiel Sahriel Tummiel Turiel Yomiel Yhaddiel!

Od vi zixlai zocha:

Bahal vohim gah od Babalond Babalon od Choronzon

Teloch Vovin od gah-l-

Samyaza Urakabarameel Akibeel Tamiel Ramuel Danel

Azkeel Saraknyal Asael Armers Batraal Anane Zavebe

Samsaveel Ertael Turel Yomyael Arazyal!”

Under the deserts, now free

-SaToGa

These are all recounted, in individual books, public diary- and then all volumes, combined - in one book:

Sons of Liber Typhon by Salvatore Tommy Ganci - SaToGa

Released: Walpurgisnacht 2012

http://www.scribd.co...my-Ganci-SaToGa

just in Scribd, at just that one place.. Reads: 15,005 Uploaded: 04/29/2012

My Books are in hundreds of places- online... Torrents- thousands... [Not an Ego Stroke]...but, - ...just to give everyone, an idea... per Morphic Resonance- and Enochian Egregore

The Enochian Entities TimeLines:

EE Time-Line

EE Time-Line II

EE Time-Line III

The Enochian Entities... turned Egypt, Upside down...

From 'under the desert'... some call THEM: Annunaki... The Watchers...Grigori...[etc]... doesn't matter what anyone wants to 'label' them or 'mis_label' THEM...

The Enochian Entities are Raw, Primordial Forces

Theurgy and I were talking the other day, and we were discussing Enochian Magick... I was telling him, the wife and I, were watching a documentary, about a 'crashed and salvaged' UFO craft... when they gave a closeup, on the side of the UFO crashed craft- there was Enochian Script, all over it...

TaoBums, YOU were asking me- to post Ritual Results... Ok, you got them...

Now, I know, someone will read this, and tell me "Prove it"... so.... Read What I Wrote- and ALL The Links... It Is ALL DOCUMENTED

Edited by Disabled Not Broken