skydog

Building muscle and Qigong

I used to be into weights and while not that big was pretty strong for my size experimenting with weightlifting for a while.

Sometime after I noticed I was pretty tense and unflowing in body posture and language, experimenting with yoga, tai chi etc.

Building muscle has the effect of gaining a certain quality of aggression/masculinity...which in a way is good as often I feel very happy and good but almost soft and weak.

Im not really sure about this though, a while ago I saw a nei gong clip where a guy was jumping from a high platform onto someones abs to train the muscle and someone explained this was to do with gaining yang or something..

So today I just felt like doing spontaneous pressup kind of movements..lol handstand pressups against a wall or with hands in different position....feeling kind of aggressive after but i cant explain there is a certain quality that i havent felt before.

There's nothing wrong with building muscle. The body moves due to the contracting and releasing of muscles. It just happens.

The PROBLEMS arise when you start carrying unnecessary tensions in the body.

Now lots of people who workout for the muscles and the body and the "look" of being "fit" put the muscles through hell to sculpt a good body, which is great, the problem is that they learn to carry unnecessary tension in their body, which in the long run can be bad.

So certainly exercise and lift weights. But also learn how to detect when you're carrying tensions, and learn how to let it go.

I, as always, suggest B.K. Frantzis' "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" to learn that method. It goes great with muscular workouts.

• Like 1

That aggression is Testosterone....you don't need qigong to build muscle. All you need is motivation and drive to get under the iron and keep at it for a long enough period to see results.

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

For me, to have the look where I get "eye fucked" everywhere I go - I need to eat at least 5 times a day and take in around 200 grams of protien a day. Weightlifting is the fun and easy part...eating is the part that is a pain in the ass. When I practice Qigong I like to practice on an empty stomach....and if I am practicing a lot I don't like eating much at all...and do occasional apple fasts.

But I want to start lifting again....So I think the solution is to do a super long Qigong session first thing in the morning on an empty stomach - 2 to 3 hours minimum. Then, I can go into weightlifter mode the rest of the day and eat my food. I can also add an extra hour of Qigong in the evening when I'm less full. So, I think the really big key is to knock out a big Qigong session first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.....Then you can work on getting buff the rest of the day.

Chi helps, just stay flexible

http://dao-jones.blo...-post_5440.html

For me, to have the look where I get "eye fucked" everywhere I go - I need to eat at least 5 times a day and take in around 200 grams of protien a day. Weightlifting is the fun and easy part...eating is the part that is a pain in the ass. When I practice Qigong I like to practice on an empty stomach....and if I am practicing a lot I don't like eating much at all...and do occasional apple fasts.

I practice Qi at night- then eat [ground]-- then bed

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

Disabled - you got the "eye fuck look"(no homo). Do you eat during the day? I've experimented with modified versions of the warrior diet - and might go back to that when I start lifting again....It's just not the best for muscle mass.

Also what is your blood type? I have a really good book called "For Your Body Only" by Dr. Gregory H Tefft. Since I have blood type A - I'm supposed to eat mostly plants, with yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, and just a little meat. You look like you might be blood type O or B..... Both types need a lot of meat - but type O's need a ton of meat.

Also what is your blood type? I have a really good book called "For Your Body Only" by Dr. Gregory H Tefft. Since I have blood type A - I'm supposed to eat mostly plants, with yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, and just a little meat. You look like you might be blood type O or B..... Both types need a lot of meat - but type O's need a ton of meat.

Another gimmick to sell books and make money

• Like 1

Disabled - you got the "eye fuck look"(no homo). Do you eat during the day? I've experimented with modified versions of the warrior diet - and might go back to that when I start lifting again....It's just not the best for muscle mass.

----------------[EDIT]------

Look at a horse- all muscle

They eat... hay

Protein?

Chi/Iron Body... all the way

Edited by Disabled Not Broken

Hi Dan C,

Not yet mate, looking at summer for doing this DVD, at present still filming Burning Palm System and other stuff, but I do 108FIT as my workouts that I designed using Life Movements, Qi kung, Qi Walking, Meditation but working on 6 Directional Force from the Dan Tian out. Each exercise of 108FIT cultivates at the same time!

I can let you know when I get it started?

Regards

Sifu Garry

www.warriorbodybuddhamind.com We have information on our site if you like to check it out?

Thanks Garry, Yeah sounds good mate, Im recovering from CFS, so Im always on the lookout for an exercise system I can tailor to my energy levels and build from, I like the idea of combining chi kung with conditioning and meditation..

Daniel

I Started Qigong at the same time that I started building muscle. A year and a half ago, I weighed 165 at 25% body fat. Now I'm 195 at 10% body fat. 41 pounds of fat to 19 while gaining thirty pounds.
No steroids. Just the Taoist Lifestyle. 

At the beginning, I would hear bodybuilders and veterans of the gym talk about the "focus" on the muscle they were training... the concentration of muscle and the feeling and sensing of the blood rushing to the muscle. The more one focuses on the muscle, the bigger pump one can attain which equates to a larger ability to gain muscle. This is directly related to the concentration of Yi, or the mind spirit, to guide the Qi. body builders are Qigong idiot savants. 

I recommend along with a healthy diet, balanced sex life, rest, competition, protein, glutamine, creatine, amino acid BCAA's,
and seriously researching bodybuilding along with cardio, stretching, balance, and martial arts,
that you gather the Qi to whatever muscle you wish to train that day.
Everyone can gather Qi. One must simply accept it.

• Like 1