DalTheJigsaw123

I HAD A DREAM! Of a Monk?He spoke to me!

You know exactly what the dream meant to you, but as soon as you wake up you have the habbit of pretending to not know dreams and what they mean. So this habbit is only a habbit if you choose not to acknowledge that you're doing it. So you can stop pretending to not know what your dreams are all about or you start pretending to not being able to know how to know what you're pretending to not know. Whatever you choose, its valid and unique for you. Appreciate it as such and enjoy the process. Its all in your hands ;)

Is that a riddle? :) To be honest, I am not sure what it meant, I thought I did..But I was wrong. I did a search for dream interpretation and found that it meant spiritual evolution, but then somewhere else it said bad fortunes?

"To dream of seeing a monk, foretells dissensions in the family and unpleasant journeyings."

"To see a monk in your dream signifies devotion, faith, and spiritual enlightenment."

See? Isn't that the most confusing shit ever? :)

By the way that is from two totally different websites!

Edited by LeonBasin

Congrats, you finally lost it

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

But anyway, some of my dreams have plot lines and they only make sense years after they happened

It's kinda funny like that in my case

You might get another dream before you figure out what that one meant

If it's happened once before, its bound to happen at least a third time

you could try to insight it to happen again or you could wait for it to happen naturally

Either way I am certain that the next time will be even more vivid and your mind will be better prepared to receive the message.

Is that a riddle? :) To be honest, I am not sure what it meant, I thought I did..But I was wrong. I did a search for dream interpretation and found that it meant spiritual evolution, but then somewhere else it said bad fortunes?

"To dream of seeing a monk, foretells dissensions in the family and unpleasant journeyings."

"To see a monk in your dream signifies devotion, faith, and spiritual enlightenment."

See? Isn't that the most confusing shit ever? :)

By the way that is from two totally different websites!

You're still pretending to not know what it means? I'm not getting it...

I don't know what to say. Maybe you're serious about the monk in your dream. Perhaps you should go see a doctor see if they can scan you head to locate the monk. You might need surgery to remove that. Its not often that monks come into peoples dream.

Some teachers teach in dreams, and check out prospective students. Apparently sometimes the teacher can't remember the dream, but what their student remembers is correct, sometimes even secret, knowledge and part of the transmission process.

Theirs a mention in Terry Dunn's Flying phoenix chi gong from someone who only just started practicing and saw GM Doo Wai in his dreams, and Sifu Terry and Sifu Garry talked about its significance.

• Like 1

I had a dream that a Buddhist monk froze to death, I wonder what that meant? it felt like a far more real dream than usual.

Can't really say anything on your dream Leon apart from monks are thought to be symbolic of the higher self.

Jetsun, your dream suggests to me that you have frozen emotions that are depriving your higher self of it's life within your conscious being.

Just my interpretation, only you can know what it really is pointing to.

Peace

Ed

Some teachers teach in dreams, and check out prospective students. Apparently sometimes the teacher can't remember the dream, but what their student remembers is correct, sometimes even secret, knowledge and part of the transmission process.

Theirs a mention in Terry Dunn's Flying phoenix chi gong from someone who only just started practicing and saw GM Doo Wai in his dreams, and Sifu Terry and Sifu Garry talked about its significance.

Interesting!

Congratulations dear Qigong-brother,

this is a very auspicious sign and shows two things: 1. Your subconscious is healthy and vital. 2. You are starting out connecting to a wider universe. The variety of experiences you can make in dreams are endless. Sometimes dreams are metaphorical and sometimes they are to be taken literally and sometimes they are just a "cleansing of the subconscious". I even had to battle once in a dream. As I shared this with my teacher he said the same thing I am now saying to you "Welcome on the path, my friend." PS: You can always gain great benefit of your dreams by reliving them in a meditation. Just get in trance with your preferred method and visit the monk again, just like you would do a meditation with guided imagery. What you also could do is to set an intent to meet this particular dream guide again while you are falling asleep. It may take some days with focussed intent in order to have this experience but it will work. You can also write the intent on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or under your bed.

Cool dream :)

I would suggest finishing that book? ^_^

Dreaming is one of my favourite things -_-

So interesting+ Bizarre! haha

I'll share one monk related one that you sparked the memory of...

The Dalai Lama gave me 12 golden candles

But I felt these were too precious to be given to me so I hid them in a cupboard in the temple... I think I left the temple after that hmm vague

Later I asked a monk whether or not I should have taken them... he said I should have :lol: ... I think I was questioning my ability... lacking in confidence etc ... the other monk said something along the lines of ... you wouldn't have been given them if you weren't ready.

I think there was some war between two factions while this was happening :wacko: maybe that was another dream hahah... or maybe the war happened after my not taking of the 12 candles.... hmmm interesting ^_^-_-

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I had a dream that a Buddhist monk froze to death, I wonder what that meant? it felt like a far more real dream than usual.

Was this monk you or somebody else?

Was this monk you or somebody else?

I think it was somebody else, although i'm not sure who, I feel it was someone familiar.

I remember the feeling that other people thought it was foolish for the monk to try go on retreat out of his own country in the winter on his own, so they had no sympathy when he froze to death and I was the only one who was sad. I wondered at the time if it was a sign that I shouldn't follow the Buddhist path and should stop studying it.

Edited by Jetsun

I came across a post by Stosh just then saying "the best person to analyse dreams is ourself"

Which I agree with - though I guess it doesn't hurt to bounce ideas.

hence the edit ^_^

peace!

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Sometimes we dont need to remember...the masters plant the seeds and go. Other times they visit over and over...

I had a daoist master teach me qi gong in my dreams...i also had several himalyan masters visit me one of whom gave me a mantra. The other masters came to me to try and help me steer clear of the path of becoming a familyman...when i didnt pay heed, they stoped visiting :(

WOW! How did that happen? Did you call them out, or ask for them to come? That is amazing!!

Congratulations dear Qigong-brother,

this is a very auspicious sign and shows two things: 1. Your subconscious is healthy and vital. 2. You are starting out connecting to a wider universe. The variety of experiences you can make in dreams are endless. Sometimes dreams are metaphorical and sometimes they are to be taken literally and sometimes they are just a "cleansing of the subconscious". I even had to battle once in a dream. As I shared this with my teacher he said the same thing I am now saying to you "Welcome on the path, my friend." PS: You can always gain great benefit of your dreams by reliving them in a meditation. Just get in trance with your preferred method and visit the monk again, just like you would do a meditation with guided imagery. What you also could do is to set an intent to meet this particular dream guide again while you are falling asleep. It may take some days with focussed intent in order to have this experience but it will work. You can also write the intent on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or under your bed.

WOW! Thank you brother! That is good and awesome news!!!:) I will definitely try what you suggested! Thanks!

Cool dream :)

I would suggest finishing that book? ^_^

Dreaming is one of my favourite things -_-

So interesting+ Bizarre! haha

I'll share one monk related one that you sparked the memory of...

The Dalai Lama gave me 12 golden candles

But I felt these were too precious to be given to me so I hid them in a cupboard in the temple... I think I left the temple after that hmm vague

Later I asked a monk whether or not I should have taken them... he said I should have :lol: ... I think I was questioning my ability... lacking in confidence etc ... the other monk said something along the lines of ... you wouldn't have been given them if you weren't ready.

I think there was some war between two factions while this was happening :wacko: maybe that was another dream hahah... or maybe the war happened after my not taking of the 12 candles.... hmmm interesting ^_^-_-

You are absolutely right! I will finish the book and meditate on what has been presented. I do remember reading a few pages of the book and finding it right on point with what I know and all that jazz.

I came across a post by Stosh just then saying "the best person to analyse dreams is ourself"

Which I agree with - though I guess it doesn't hurt to bounce ideas.

hence the edit ^_^

peace!

Yea, true! But sometimes they are ssoo complicated.

But you right, I have been asking for a guide for ever! It seems that I won't be able to find him in this reality, but I can do through my dreams. That is what I'm getting. I can have a teacher through meditation and through dreams.