Ya Mu

Gift of the Tao II Neigong Movements

As shielding was mentioned in this thread, Ya Mu is there more to shielding than just visualizing the two layers of the shield like you described in your book? I personally never felt the need to shield probably as I come from a background of practicing open style Qigong for quite some time where you consciously merge your field with the universal field (ideally) all the time. I however had a situation recently where I was not sure whether the person had pulled off some energy from me because she reported feeling very hot while I felt a bit of a draining of my energy. Is that possible at all? I always thought that if you have a high vibration people with lower vibration can not drain you as "the stronger spirit always wins" like the late Dr. Glenn Morris used to say. During healing session I used to build a Hunyuan Qi-field which pretty much filters out all sick qi just like a cosmic washing machine. So when you practice healing in SM you may keep your energy clean by using shielding but what is with your environment? How do you prevent sick qi from spilling into the surroundings? Is there a qi-field-building method in SM, too?

PS: From practicing GOT II for a while I got an even deeper understanding of the shamanic aspects of this Qigong. Currently I am reading "Soul on fire" by the late Peter Calhoun and he describes many extraordinary energy events just like you did in your book. The whole practice sparked an interest in shamanism again as I had some very extraordinary experiences during a shamanic workshop I attended a couple of years ago. Some of these feelings and experiences came back and I am having the feeling that I should look deper in shamanism in general. My attitude was before always that shamanism is only for shamans and that you are no shaman without undergoing the shamanic sickness. So no sickness, no shaman - that is what I always thought. What is your take on this?

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 1

First off, we do not visualize in our system. I have posted quite a bit about this.

I have seen many many practitioners who "thought' they didn't need to shield against negative energetics. I have also seen many die young or just get sick, many with the type illness that are unable to diagnose or some generic diagnosis like fibromyalgia. If the practitioner is young and healthy it sometimes takes many years before the sick qi kickback takes its toll.

We also shield for another reason. And that is "cloaking".

I talk about all this in the book. At least I think I did.

You should know that advanced neigong practices have shamanic roots.

• Like 1

Yes Ya Mu, I already knew it as I have read your book carefully but as you know it is a difference between knowledge and experience and I just wanted to comment on the fact that I now start practically experiencing the root of this tradition. So as I understand your comment (as I want to put it to use) is that its again pure intent. "Shielding on" - "shielding off". So I suppose that the energy information of what the shield properly looks like is part of the transmission in SM. I guess you touched upon cloaking in the book but somehow the details escaped me. As far as I understand the term it is that people or beings might react on the energy when you run around constantly "open". Hmm...makes me think a lot. I do often work with larger groups and last week I noticed that I got somehow very nervous and upset with every day and one day it got suddenly better. That afternoon I spoke to a collegue and she mentioned a group that I was supervising that week and how surprised she was that the group is now so extremely centered,focused and relaxed. She did not understand why the group's mood could have shifted somehow so quickly. But it took some toll on me, felt pretty much like undergoing extreme stress. I seem to shy away from shielding a bit as part of my work is quite spontaneous (and gets even more spontaneous with practicing what you teach) in the sense that I somehow give transmissions to people that come out of the situation. E.g. my heart center lights up very strongly and whenever this happens I know that an emotional release is about to happen with the person I am talking to.So shielding in your tradition is more like a one-way-ticket? Nothing sick comes in but the good stuff still gets out? :D

Edited by Pai_Mei

Absolutely. It does not prevent you helping a person. Energetics can go out as needed.

Cloaking gives one many advantages. Others, many of whom have ill-wishes toward a person, cannot "read" the energetics of the person. As in no one will be coming up to you in the grocery store, due to intense glow, wheras they would be if one didn't cloak. One can walk around normally without interference. We choose our places to heal, which happens mostly in our treatment room but can be anywhere.

Now how would you turn all of this into a habit as I understood your words as recommendation for shielding 24/7? Do it as much as I can at different times throughout the day? Or is once a day enough? In the morning and before going to sleep? Any recommendations?

Now how would you turn all of this into a habit as I understood your words as recommendation for shielding 24/7? Do it as much as I can at different times throughout the day? Or is once a day enough? In the morning and before going to sleep? Any recommendations?

One need just intent which is like a command.

As one is in this lineage shielding and that way

had been granted by the transmission one received

so visualisation is not needed as it is there but has to be

take care of from time to time by doing shiedling.

If one do not not know one do as often, if one do listening

one do as it is proper.

Actually it is common sense whenever one is in a rough enviroment

and dealing with harmful, dangerous, aggressive things, humans and before doing practise

and at places where energy vibration is low and or has sick qi, energy of decay and disorder,

The shielding and the food blessing is to keep the status quo of ones own high vibration

on the same level so that one not get pulled down.

In practise energybody expands and one shines and this may attract

not welcomed entities. Cloaking as mentioned serves the purpose that

one do not attract such beings.

While sleep one can be vulnerable to attacks and never know when the council send

you "test your shielding tasks" or other sorts of tests.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Friend. Yes, this was my impression already that the shielding is part of the transmission. Just wanted to make sure I supposed correctly. It is very interesting what you say about tests in dreams. When I was practicing Tenaga Dalam some years ago, I even had to fight in dreams. I remember one dream where I was taken to a colloseum and had to fight what looked like a Daoist Master in my dream. He wanted to test my abilities and mentioned that he had "heard" of me. I could defeat him, thank god :) My teacher at that time gave quite a weird explanation. He was convinced that this had been a place of power that was obviously near the place I live. The place was obviously curious about the "new guy" in town and wanted to see what I am up to.

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 1

Cloaking and shielding is a form of separating oneself from "what is". The fear of what is "out there" that one is shielding oneself from, traps oneself in "local perception" of all that "is" one's true nature.

Best wishes.

Cloaking and shielding is a form of separating oneself from "what is". The fear of what is "out there" that one is shielding oneself from, traps oneself in "local perception" of all that "is" one's true nature. Best wishes.

No.

We are speaking of something beyond your understanding; that is unless you have been secretly practicing this system.

Been having some interesting experiences with GOT lately and wanted others whom practice the systems feedback, feel like I have grown a bit in this practice and my understanding.

I have found that the stronger intent or will/prayer I put behind each movement in the form the more powerful it becomes and the more energy I can shift to the point where it feels like I am pushing a thick wall? It's like every movement is a prayer and the deeper and more enflamed and focused your will/intent is the more powerful the motions and energies become? Like every motion is a deep and profound communion between Heaven and Earth that shakes shifts energies internally and externally?

My 2 cents, Peace

Continuing to deepen this basic understanding and deepen my ability to exercise intent. The same GOT movements that I have been doing for several years are taking on new meaning.....especially the DNA move.....the shift it seems can be very powerful if you really apply powerful intent to the movement.

Also it seems like the stronger and more focused your intent the stronger the space or energetic imprint you leave on the area where you practice.....anyone else have that experience? Also the more dense your able to pack in the energy with each movement seems to make a great difference in the efficiency....experiencing this in deeper and deeper ways as well.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 4

Continuing to deepen this basic understanding and deepen my ability to exercise intent. The same GOT movements that I have been doing for several years are taking on new meaning.....especially the DNA move.....the shift it seems can be very powerful if you really apply powerful intent to the movement. Also it seems like the stronger and more focused your intent the stronger the space or energetic imprint you leave on the area where you practice.....anyone else have that experience? Also the more dense your able to pack in the energy with each movement seems to make a great difference in the efficiency....experiencing this in deeper and deeper ways as well. My 2 cents, Peace

Ah yes,

Remember me saying in class that through raising one's energy body vibration through the shifting process becomes a concurrent development along with intent; they are interdependent. Intent & energy develop together. What you will also find is that your awareness of the energetics of the movements increases the more you apply intent in the healing process utilizing wai qi liao fa. I encourage you to increase your energy projection in helping others.

• Like 2

Ah yes,

Remember me saying in class that through raising one's energy body vibration through the shifting process becomes a concurrent development along with intent; they are interdependent. Intent & energy develop together. What you will also find is that your awareness of the energetics of the movements increases the more you apply intent in the healing process utilizing wai qi liao fa. I encourage you to increase your energy projection in helping others.

Awesome! Thanks for the insights!

My 2 cents, Peace

Ah yes,

Had a pretty cool GOT session today. Gathering so much energy and remaining absolutely concentrated on pushing and holding the energy. The pressure gets so thick that it gets more and more difficult to move. I was wondering can you be moving/shifting too much energy at one time and hurt yourself or overload your system?

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Now that you also do GOT 2, how is the different in sensation in your practise compared to GOT 1?

Edited by tendou

Now that you also do GOT 2, how is the different in sensation in your practise compared to GOT 1?

GOT 1 seems stronger than before…..not sure if there is a correlation…..its difficult to distill cause and effect with this stuff. Could be just do to overall progress.

My 2 cents, Peace

Had a pretty cool GOT session today. Gathering so much energy and remaining absolutely concentrated on pushing and holding the energy. The pressure gets so thick that it gets more and more difficult to move. I was wondering can you be moving/shifting too much energy at one time and hurt yourself or overload your system? My 2 cents, Peace

Yeah, sometimes its like walking through water or thick molasses . I wrote the song Sea of Light (dirty jam room recording now available to anyone for free by asking) to honor this.

You will never be given more than you can handle.

• Like 3

Yeah, sometimes its like walking through water or thick molasses . I wrote the song Sea of Light (dirty jam room recording now available to anyone for free by asking) to honor this.

You will never be given more than you can handle.

Yea, I'd love to hear it.

Up on soundcloud?

John

Yea, I'd love to hear it.

Up on soundcloud?

John

Download Link sent!

• Like 1

So ... after learning and practicing GOT1, what next? GOT2 or SECA/BDE?

Edited by Jox

My understanding is that you should practice GOT 1 for a couple months before moving onto GOT 2. When you feel your ready, then start GOT 2. The SECA/BDE is part of GOT 2. Hopefully Michael will come by and give his Input.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

OldChi has it right.

SECAB&DE is a part of GOT II, although it can be learned by itself as a powerful qigong system. So it is a subsystem within GOT II.

And then we have GOT III.

• Like 2

Thank you Old Chi and Ya Mu for info ... :)

I am going stay with GOT1 for some time and when I will feel it is right time, I will take a look at other two DVD-s ...

Peace, Jox

• Like 1

Watched GOT2 and SECA/BDE ...

Why is there in SECA only heart and spleen organs, why not other three - lungs, liver, kidneys?

Edited by Jox

Watched GOT2 and SECA/BDE ...

Why is there in SECA only heart and spleen organs, why not other three - lungs, liver, kidneys?

Because its Energy Center and not Five Changing Phase.

I am just curious why not liver else it would match Gregor A. Gregorious theory about Chakra.

• Like 1

Because its Energy Center and not Five Changing Phase.

I am just curious why not liver else it would match Gregor A. Gregorious theory about Chakra.

Internal organs store energy, so they supposed to be energy centers ...

Edited by Jox