Ya Mu

Gift of the Tao II Neigong Movements

Made some subtle adjustments to my GOT practice recently and had some rather profound results. Usually when I do the first motion of GOT 1 I just focus on gathering the energy from above and below me within the area I'm practicing. But when you actually set your intent to reaching deep into heaven and earth and use your energy body to reach that area....the depth and space of the practice expands with lightness, your eyes widen with Qi and the bliss kicks in pretty strong.

I was quite surprised by this strong of a change through such a small adjustment. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Just a natural progression of the system. Automatic.

Anyone EVERYONE else (should) have a similar experience.

• Like 3

Just a natural progression of the system. Automatic.

Anyone EVERYONE else (should) have a similar experience.

Hey Michael, thanks for insights and the Qi. :)

GOT 1, mentioned it there.

Only asked because the thread is GOT 2 but the post said GOT 1.

I had an experience at a workshop in 2013 which was eye-opening. During the sixth move of GOT I (which I call "Reach into the Earth"), Michael stepped up beside me and said something like, "It isn't just an exercise. Use your intent reach deep into the Earth."

Then he used his intent to "hold my hand and show me" (for lack of a better description).

Since that moment, I have viewed everything about differently and I have tried to always use my intent and work with energy, as you describe.

Every movement in the system has that same sort of "hidden power" waiting to be accessed. Way cool, isn't it? In fact, I'm learning that EVERYTHING does, not just GOT moves...

• Like 3

Made some subtle adjustments to my GOT practice recently and had some rather profound results. Usually when I do the first motion of GOT 1 I just focus on gathering the energy from above and below me within the area I'm practicing. But when you actually set your intent to reaching deep into heaven and earth and use your energy body to reach that area....the depth and space of the practice expands with lightness, your eyes widen with Qi and the bliss kicks in pretty strong.

I was quite surprised by this strong of a change through such a small adjustment. Anyone else have a similar experience?

OldChi, yes I can confirm your experience. It happened to me after I had rewatched the DVD. At some moves Michael explicitly mentiones the use of the energy body. E.g. the "ChiPump" (move number 8), if I'm recalling it correctly we are supposed there to "dig" deep into the earth. This led me to the idea (or probably I remebered that Michael had mentioned it at the workshop) to use the energy body at the other moves and for chi from heaven, too. So I tried and indeed noticed a difference. It "works" for me as well at most of the other moves and it is constantly developing. As well at GOT II. Today for example, I was able for the first time to reach deep into earth and heaven at move number 3 of GOT I.

all the best!

Edited by forest_quarter
  • Like 3

Yes, I also find rewatching the DVDs periodically to be very helpful and very intense.

• Like 3

Yes, there is more than meets the eye in these movements. Most people watch the dvds and say WTH? Some people watch and see a bit of what is going on and start practicing. THEN LATER re-watch and SEE more of what is happening. It has to do with one's energy body vibration as to the amount of the "behind the scenes" one sees. And remember, INTENT development goes hand in hand with Qi development.

• Like 3

Along with GoT1&2, SECABDE, and S-M, is this a "complete" system in terms of qigong, neigong, neidan (internal alchemy)? For example, will the MCO kick in on its own and the internal alchemy process begin when enough energy is developed, etc?

• Like 2

Along with GoT1&2, SECABDE, and S-M, is this a "complete" system in terms of qigong, neigong, neidan (internal alchemy)? For example, will the MCO kick in on its own and the internal alchemy process begin when enough energy is developed, etc?

YES!!!

A complete self contained system that absolutely needs no other input. 

MCO:

Think of it like this; if one practices trying to force the MCO before they have even built Qi, it can result in stagnations. If MCO opens up naturally and gracefully, less stagnation.

• Like 4

Thanks Ya Mu! I've been looking for an authentic system that will allow the internal alchemical process to begin gently on its own without having to mentally direct/force the issue and just let the chi go/purify/refine of its own accord.

In a dedicated practitioner, will this system awaken latent spiritual gifts in the individual? Pardon the shallow question.

• Like 1

Thanks Ya Mu! I've been looking for an authentic system that will allow the internal alchemical process to begin gently on its own without having to mentally direct/force the issue and just let the chi go/purify/refine of its own accord.

In a dedicated practitioner, will this system awaken latent spiritual gifts in the individual? Pardon the shallow question.

As Ya Mu states better than I could, the system needs no enhancement or supplementation. One of the key aspects is the absence of force -- nothing is forced and everything happens in its own time. In accordance with the old adage "go slow to go fast," the result is a very efficient and comprehensive system of higher-level energetics.

Don't get hung up on stuff you read on the Internet. ;)

Everyone has differing qualities and talents which develop with practice, whether we are talking about hitting a baseball, solving math problems, singing, or energetic healing. Pay attention to the practice and let the journey unfold on its own. Don't chase abilities and don't ever think "special powers" will make you special or powerful.

;)

• Like 3

So, I've been practicing GOT1, GOT2, and the sequential activation. It is a wonderful godsend. Before, I was extremely impacted by my environment. Now, though, I can actually sleep easily without all of the crazy things that would happen during the night over the past few years. It's wonderful; the first time in 5 years I have been able to sleep without disturbances.

It's so much better that I am almost feeling remiss to press forward with some questions. Even so, I do want to know about shielding. My reasoning is from the past few days. I had been at a retail job for 8 hours on a register; the only means I know to limit being impacted by my environment is to be somewhat spacey---as Spotless said, it raises the vibration. It seems to limit how others could influence or pull me. Despite that, at the end of the day I still felt somewhat depleted and my practice felt decidedly different.

Granted, it was 8 hours and that is to be expected. But, again, the next day, myself and my dad went to visit a pawn shop out of curiosity---both because it was well-known in the region and on the road toward home. Anyways, that was a very educational experience. In my mind, it was like when Swedenborg was describing strange spirits that he encountered. In particular, the spirits who "were allotted to have one vice" by the providence of God and, for some reason, it happened to be that these spirits wanted to dwell in the stuff of stale urine and feculence. That was the level of difference between my vibration and the vibration of this super-pawn shop. (Cops and security cameras everywhere, the store radio playing "Bleed the freak"---at least that's what I think the radio hosts called it). And it was a very energetically unpleasant place to be.

So, if it is possible to do shielding in a way that allows me to be a bit more presented-minded and guarded from things that I find in the environment, it would be good.

Hi,

Maybe Brian will come along with some thoughts.I would try but thinking makes my head hurt.

Send me an email.

If not, a couple of things: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this" Doctor replies, "Well, don't do this."

Moral is it may be better for you just to avoid those type of places? When we get more sensitive it is easy to pick up on these type of things. 

Do shielding as described in the book. Forget about any type of illusory mental state that you think you are supposed to be in - just BE. Set INTENT before shielding and shield before walking in to such a place. Ability to shield requires practice.

• Like 2

So, I've been practicing GOT1, GOT2, and the sequential activation. It is a wonderful godsend. Before, I was extremely impacted by my environment. Now, though, I can actually sleep easily without all of the crazy things that would happen during the night over the past few years. It's wonderful; the first time in 5 years I have been able to sleep without disturbances.

It's so much better that I am almost feeling remiss to press forward with some questions. Even so, I do want to know about shielding. My reasoning is from the past few days. I had been at a retail job for 8 hours on a register; the only means I know to limit being impacted by my environment is to be somewhat spacey---as Spotless said, it raises the vibration. It seems to limit how others could influence or pull me. Despite that, at the end of the day I still felt somewhat depleted and my practice felt decidedly different.

Granted, it was 8 hours and that is to be expected. But, again, the next day, myself and my dad went to visit a pawn shop out of curiosity---both because it was well-known in the region and on the road toward home. Anyways, that was a very educational experience. In my mind, it was like when Swedenborg was describing strange spirits that he encountered. In particular, the spirits who "were allotted to have one vice" by the providence of God and, for some reason, it happened to be that these spirits wanted to dwell in the stuff of stale urine and feculence. That was the level of difference between my vibration and the vibration of this super-pawn shop. (Cops and security cameras everywhere, the store radio playing "Bleed the freak"---at least that's what I think the radio hosts called it). And it was a very energetically unpleasant place to be.

So, if it is possible to do shielding in a way that allows me to be a bit more presented-minded and guarded from things that I find in the environment, it would be good.

Yes, Stillness-Movement and the GOT sets which are part of the system are surprisingly efficient, aren't they?

First, and for emphasis, the spirit realm isn't an amusement park. Simply avoid places which are energetically unpleasant and do not seek out ghosts, demons, aliens, monsters, vampires, zombies, Cthulhu or Beelzebub (just to name a few...) Seriously.

Second, you have it backwards -- being in a shifted state (the "spacey" forced higher-vibrational state you mention) is not natural or healthy and actually increases your interaction with your energetic environment rather than reducing it. You shouldn't try to maintain such a state -- over time and with steady & consistent practice, your vibrational energy will continue to rise and to grow naturally. Over time, you will find that you naturally are spending more time in a shifted state, and will learn to walk with one foot in the mundane and one in the energetic. There is nothing about Stillness-Movement, however, that is forced and trying to maintain an expanded and "spacey" energy-body is not what you need to be doing. Instead, spend more time on the closing movement ("Salute to Master Wang") which ends both GOT I & GOT II and practice resting in stillness with gentle awareness on dantien. This is a grounding & centering process which will help to draw in that expanded energy-body. This not only strengthens you but it has the side effect of making you less noticeable from an energetic standpoint (both to the customers you deal with at work and any spirits you accidentally come across). Again, don't seek out such places!

OK, so...

Shielding.

As we practice Stillness-Movement and the GOT qigong sets which are part of that system, we become increasingly clear and radiant. We naturally begin to attract attention to ourselves. We (all of us) are naturally equipped, though, with what an engineer might think of as a "high-pass filter" which helps to block low-frequency energies while allowing higher frequencies to pass through. We are just generally unaware of it. By gently placing awareness on that extant component of our energy-body (for lack of a better description), we can "light it up" and reinforce it. This can be helpful for reducing unwanted attention and for reducing the impingement upon us of "sick qi" -- thereby reducing the likelihood illnesses, which is especially important for the active healer. I'll send you a PM later today with a little more info regarding "shielding."

DISCLAIMER: I am not speaking for Michael here or claiming to represent the system or lineage with this post -- I am trying to share some of my own understanding. Michael or some other more experienced practitioner of this system may very well come along soon to correct what I have said here. In fact, I hope someone within the lineage does so as I always look forward to learning opportunities.

EDIT: Looks like Michael and I were typing at the same time! Funny how that works, eh? ;)

EDIT 2: Added word "contrived" in third paragraph to emphasize distinction between resting in that state as a result of consistent practice and holding that state for protracted periods by willpower.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Is there a point where intent could be too strong----maybe "strong" is not the right word. Is there a point where a strong intent/will  could jump from a state of "allowing" to a state of "forcing"?

I think I might have a bit of difficulty with knowing the role of will/intent. There are moments when the practice is strong but I can't help but wonder if I might be a bit too passive. There are times when it does feel like I am just going through the movements. (This is just a general thing)

On a more specific note, somewhat related to my older post about shielding, I had the house to myself for practicing for a few days. This doesn't happen often. When relatives returned, though, it felt similar to the pawn-shop experience. So, with awareness that shielding might be a good thing, I put my mind to doing that and noticed that it felt like there was already a shield with a sort of pressurized feeling to it. It was something that I felt periodically in the past and thought that was a good sign that things were working the right way. But it became obvious that my mind wasn't settled. It was like little pockets of pressurized smoke somehow moved into my head and clouded my awareness. There wasn't a visual component; it pretty much entirely kinesthetic.

Since I thought my shielding was supposedly working and it would be rude to simply leave after they'd just arrived, I stayed, sat, and talked. It became obvious that this weird pressurize packets that moved into my head weren't going away or getting better. So I eventually went back to my room (where I practice qigong) and there was immediate relief. For the rest of the day, though, it was substantially more difficult to settle my mind. I could coordinate breath and clear some things out but there was a lot more disjointed internal activity than I had been accustomed to.

From ~10:30 to 12:00, I practiced the sequence in GOT:I and GOT:II. When I finished, I felt like a usually do but, even so, wound up waking up with my mind racing and a number of other irregularities around two hoours later.

In retrospect, there would be any number of points where things could have been handled with greater care. What I would like to know, though, is what this type of phenomena actually is and if there is a better way of handling it.

If you haven't already, read Ya Mu's book -- it's on Kindle. If you have, read it again! :)

"Listening" is critical -- compassionate people have a tendency to want to jump in and help but that is not always the appropriate course. When we allow ourselves to shift into "forcing," the intent becomes self-centered. The better path is to set intent on doing what is appropriate ("the will of the Light") and then "listening" for indications of what that will is. This applies to life in general, not just to healing intent...

You see now what I meant about the shield already being there? Practice gently touching that bubble with your awareness many times a day, not just when you feel you need it -- this helps to clarify it and strengthen it, and will make it more effective and more discriminating.

All of us are constantly awash in a sea of energetic ripples and we constantly generate ripples of our own which interact with others just as theirs interact with us. Generally speaking, most people are unaware of this interference most of the time but we are affected by it. As we raise our vibrational frequencies and clarify our energy-bodies through high-level energetic practices (such as Stillness-Movement), we simultaneously strengthen both our ability to perceive the ripples which impinge upon our energy-bodies and the power of our own ripples. We become better antennae, stronger transmitters, more sensitive receivers, more efficient at inductive coupling, whatever. As we practice, we get better at managing this personal growth but the development is somewhat lumpy.

One of my first experiences with aware interaction (that is, interaction of which I was aware rather than interaction which I consciously invoked) was very early in my practice, when I passed a stranger on the sidewalk and was suddenly flooded with waves of sick energy. I hadn't even noticed the guy until then and turned to look. Even before seeing his gray pallor and wasting features, I knew instinctively that he had late-stage cancer. The darkness of that brief interaction stuck with me and I did extra S-M & GOT that evening to help "burn it off." I then contacted Michael for more guidance on shielding -- which he had discussed in workshop and book but which I had neglected as something I didn't really need to consider, at least "not yet." He gave me the same sort of advice I've given you.

You are on the right track.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

Shielding and Cleansing oneself and space are great tools for the psychic frustrations that life often throws at you. Another tool that i picked up from a practitioner was verbal releasing methods. I use it particularly for when people are unintentionally tossing thought forms at me and its disturbing my train of thought and causing me to go on tangents or think about them. Very useful for girlfriends, families and friends whom are bothering you psychically and don't even realize it. (not for serious goo like the cancer example Brian mentioned).  

Example of verbal releasing method (say this):

"Am i willing to release all thought forms put on me by other people in the last 24 hrs." Then answer Yes/No. Its been helpful for me and is a fast food way of clearing out daily bothersome projections. Cheers.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2