ChiDragon

What is Tai Ji Chuan(太極拳) ...?

Animals learn by natural instinct.

Children learn to burn their fingers with fire. It is called the childish play.

Practice is a more serious play if you want to call it play.

Animals learn by natural instinct.

Children learn to burn their fingers with fire. It is called the childish play.

Practice is a more serious play if you want to call it play.

Your last sentence is closest to what we consider play. Practice is just not ENOUGH to describe the way I do my baguazhang. Their are strict rules to our bagua play! in fact several songs, ;)/\.

Play goes beyond practice. Are we not out to rid the ego as daoists? The child playing is pretty much ego free in my opinion.

I feel another way to look at this is the practitioner vs. the player, but that is a whole other can of worms so to speak. I hope this helps you understand where I am coming from Chi Dragon.

Description of FaJin in Chinese

TAI CHI FA JING THEORY

Note: Only Tai Ji Practitioners have the Fa Jin ability. No other types of martial arts have this kind of ability.

TAI CHI FA JING THEORY

Note: Only Tai Ji Practitioners have the Fa Jin ability. No other types of martial arts have this kind of ability.

I respectfully disagree with this statement! Please explain why other martial arts DO NOT HAVE IT and what does fa jin get substituted with in arts other than tai ji.

TAI CHI FA JING THEORY

Ha ha ha ha!

Why do you give a load of stuff that not even a Chinese can make any sense of?

I am a Cantonese by the way. That last video was in Cantonese. I do not even think that speaker in Cantonese knew what he was babbling about either.

Should I ask my son to write to you for you to explain to him what Fajing is? Something I found I cannot explain.

And by the way, have you fajing that you know just what fajing is all about?

Or is it those that know, just do it. Those that do not know , talk and talk and talk and talk about it.

I cannot even agree with your note Only Tai Ji Practitioners have the Fa Jin ability

From all that I have seen from my fellow students and others doing taijichuan. I think at best, one in one hundred might be able to fajing. And perhaps one in a thousand, can fajing at will.

It is like chess that I love to play. Millions play chess. One in a ten ousand can be a International Master. And one in 100 thousand a Grand Master. That does not mean that chess is less because you cannot be an IM.

For those interested in chess, and my exposure to chess, you might be amused at my being a bouncer and protector of my chess hustler friend. And yes! I had to rescue him a few times

Some chess memories, hustler foil, Bali

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/104619.html

And come to think of it, perhaps one in ten thousand or 100 thousand can fajing at will.

Your implication and innuendo that tajiji players all know how to fajing is a joke.

Your other note No other types of martial arts have this kind of ability.

Others have answered. Hsinyi chuan, pakua chuan , yichuan, liuhebafa chuan all fajing.

I started taijichuan with Sunjia , founded by Sun LuTang. He was a Master in Pakua and Hsingyi before he came into Taijichuan.

I have travelled widely in China in mid late 1990s. Into remote areas and Taoist grottos in Ching Cheng Shan as well into better known places like Wudang Shan. I can tell you fajing is not done just by taijichuan people.

Do try to get out of your well.

The world is a bigger and more astounding place then the narrow view you have of things.

The truth can be more amazing, and delightful than the fiction you surrounded yourself with.

The Idiot on the Path

"And by the way, have you fajing that you know just what fajing is all about?"

Yes, I can FaJin(發勁) but not Fa Jing(發精).... ;)

Edited by ChiDragon

"And by the way, have you fajing that you know just what fajing is all about?"

Yes, I can FaJin(發勁) but not Fa Jing(發精).... ;)

:)

How wonderful!

You should not waste time with an Idiot like me.

Go get into the cage of MMA and show them your prowess and make yourself famous and lots of money

:):):)

The Idiot on the Path

Please don't call yourself that. No one can be an idiot with a master like Tinkerbell. You're Learning to Fly on the Path. :)

Please don't call yourself that. No one can be an idiot with a master like Tinkerbell. You're Learning to Fly on the Path. :)

The guy was only try to show a little humbleness within him...... ;)

Fa jin is inherent to all internal martial arts!

That is true. However, I was saying is that Tai Ji has more emphasis on Fa Jin than any other martial arts. It does imply that others are not.

I hope this helps you understand where I am coming from Chi Dragon.

Yes, I know where you are coming from but please don't ask to explain how do I know.... :)

Money is no object.

I think somebody had mentioned something like martial morality in this thread. Another term for martial morality is the "Virtue of Martial Arts". If the "Virtue of Martial Arts" was understood by any MA practitioner, then one may not think about going into the cage of MMA and show them the prowess and make oneself famous and lots of money...... ;)

I call bullshit ;)

Why so.....???

Why people get so hostile when someone claim something that you don't have.....???

PS...Words are really bullshit for the expression of speech. If you don't like what I said, I can always retract my statement.

PPS...I cannot FaJin...... okay....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

The guy was only try to show a little humbleness within him...... ;)

I think somebody had mentioned something like martial morality in this thread. Another term for martial morality is the "Virtue of Martial Arts". If the "Virtue of Martial Arts" was understood by any MA practitioner, then one may not think about going into the cage of MMA and show them the prowess and make oneself famous and lots of money...... ;)

lol, I mentioned martial morality because of your seeming complete lack of humility, which you seem to be familiar with as a concept after all ^_^

and I think Shanlung may have been humoring you with this remark, but better to turn it around this way eh ;)

∞Nelida

It seems to me there is some confusion between fajing and farting :)

Does one of us know the difference....???

oops..........:)

Sorry, I forgot to smile.

Edited by ChiDragon

Everyone talks about practice with the mind and the body. It seems to me that the realm of stillness movement has not been reached by any practitioner. A peace of mind is hard to come by. I guess more effort is needed.

• Like 1

What do you guys think of this?

That was FaJin all along. However, it takes one to know one. If one has no knowledge of what Fa Jin is, then one will never know what the video is all about.

I don't know what you are asking is about the book or the style....??? Anyway, even though it was called the sneak style. Based on the movements, the way I see it is still a regular basic Tai Ji movement.

Edited by ChiDragon

Why so.....???

Why people get so hostile when someone claim something that you don't have.....???

No hostility. I'm not angry.

It's just that I can tell from your posts that you have not developed skill in using FaJin and until you do, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

So I called bullshit.

You read a lot and maybe practice a little but if you want to learn the real thing, you must find a good teacher and practice much, much more.

Your choice...