mike 134

Need serious help please, kundalini problems

I don't see why Seth wants to only help in private? He should help in this thread for others who may need it in the future, as well as be subject to critique.

• Like 1

Wow, I appreciate all the responses ! But first let me tell you guys what happened to me last night. Its really disturbing. I have been doing grounding exercises and trying to get off of gabapentin, a sedative. This is a commonly prescribed and pretty safe med, used for all kinds of things. Its almost like a snake oil, but it makes you slow, and a little dumb. So two nights ago I went to bed with no medication, and got only three hours of sleep all night and was pissed during the day. It was so agonizing that i decided to take a little gabapentin again last night just to be safe.

I feel asleep and dreamed that I was on a table with a surgeon operating on me. I felt the surgeon go inside and felt extreme pain, I was like, stop, plz stop! And just at that point the dream was over, but the real event began. I "died" on that operating table. In fact I was utterly certain of death and going into the beyond, the afterlife. Just as this happened I saw that tunnel again, and I was zooming through it at extraordinary speed. And my body on the inside was trembling, jolting ! I felt myself approaching that state of mystical unity, but I did not quite get there. There was still distance, though small, between self and other. Immediately my consciousness shifted from the " I that was laying on the operating table, dead", to the "regular I that is laying in bed, asleep". But I was still in the tunnel. So I started to ask it questions. Whats going on, and what does the future hold for me ? Just as I did that the tunnel dissipated gradually, and I was fully awake with my heart pounding. The whole experience lasted only seconds. And I remember specifically monitoring my body for streams ofenergy or spinal sensations and again I had none.

Did that have anything to do with the gabapentin, I wonder? I mean again it's a really common medicine taken by tens of millions. Ppl take it for everything from restless legs to neuropathy and usually at way higher doses than me. I had another spiritual experience on that med earlier but I also took it for two months no problem. I also had experiences off the med. I read about this online and it sounds more like a near death experience then kundalini but obviously without the near death. But some ppl say NDE is the same as k.

Edited by mike md

Ice: those are great links, thank you. Q: you say in the first quote that the seventh chakra is the seat of k. So I assume, if I am having altered states, something is wrong up there ? But the second quote says you have problems when prana goes through the two side channels. So based on this I am having side channel problems too? So my symptoms are caused by both the seventh chakra and the two side channels, is that right ? I know also you highlighted stopping most activities but I never really started.

Informer : I try not to think about stuff before I sleep... I know sometimes i complain but theres no sense in living and feeling in the past, I have to move on.

Steam : thx for the link I just walked again barefoot yesterday by a creek and it felt great :)

Bob : good pieces of advice I will keep them in mind I ve never prayed before but hey it can't hurt.

Manitou : thx for ur support. You mentioned blockages... I think there's some kind of blockage in my throat neck chakra. My swallowing muscle, the cricopharyngeus, keeps spasming every time I fall asleep. It really sux cuz it wakes me right back up ! And it's worse if I did heavy exercise the day before, or if I take too many sleeping meds. It's like my body is reacting to and rejecting these things. Dumb body, dumb.

don, mm, I've been in contact with Seth via PM. Reading around it looks like he's held in high regard so hopefully he can help ! On page one he recommended some shaking exercises. Anybody with experience doing this ? Also I will do some light postures. I know the usual advice is to stop spiritual activity once k hits but I sat on my butt for eight months hoping it would go away but it hasn't.... So I need to actively do something. If I just sit around theres nothing to say eight months from now I'm going to miraculously improve.

Edited by mike md

Ice: those are great links, thank you. Q: you say in the first quote that the seventh chakra is the seat of k. So I assume, if I am having altered states, something is wrong up there ? But the second quote says you have problems when prana goes through the two side channels. So based on this I am having side channel problems too? So my symptoms are caused by both the seventh chakra and the two side channels, is that right ? I know also you highlighted stopping most activities but I never really started.

Informer : I try not to think about stuff before I sleep... I know sometimes i complain but theres no sense in living and feeling in the past, I have to move on.

Steam : thx for the link I just walked again barefoot yesterday by a creek and it felt great :)

Bob : good pieces of advice I will keep them in mind I ve never prayed before but hey it can't hurt.

Manitou : thx for ur support. You mentioned blockages... I think there's some kind of blockage in my throat neck chakra. My swallowing muscle, the cricopharyngeus, keeps spasming every time I fall asleep. It really sux cuz it wakes me right back up ! And it's worse if I did heavy exercise the day before, or if I take too many sleeping meds. It's like my body is reacting to and rejecting these things. Dumb body, dumb.

don, mm, I've been in contact with Seth via PM. Reading around it looks like he's held in high regard so hopefully he can help ! On page one he recommended some shaking exercises. Anybody with experience doing this ? Also I will do some light postures. I know the usual advice is to stop spiritual activity once k hits but I sat on my butt for eight months hoping it would go away but it hasn't.... So I need to actively do something. If I just sit around theres nothing to say eight months from now I'm going to miraculously improve.

Hi Mike,

The sensations in your throat come up as suppressing anger. So that would be your mind weakening the body. It feels like it's relaxing when it should be tensing and tensing when it should be relaxing. There was a coordination weakness and a weakness in your tension, relaxation, and effort triad. Both corrected and deleted.

Sincerely,

-Adam

don, mm, I've been in contact with Seth via PM. Reading around it looks like he's held in high regard so hopefully he can help ! On page one he recommended some shaking exercises. Anybody with experience doing this ?

I shake everyday for at least 15 minutes and have found it to be one of the most natural, powerful, profound, and simple ways of clearing things out. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than simply letting loose in the moment and allowing space for whatever arises to arise. Bradford Keeney style is the only style for me! :)

• Like 4

I think this indicates a deep dynamic going on in your life where you are feeling loss of voice, loss of projected power, loss of how you are perceived by others? It's my understanding that we manifest from the inside to the outside, due to who we really Are. Sometimes, asking ourselves, 'why am I manifesting this' will bring answers other than 'why is this happening to me?'

The same could be said of your K awakening; You are manifesting that, it's not being imposed on you from above; you are ready to manifest it and become something Other than what you have been to this point. To develop the third eye does involve internal work, but this is combined with physical phenomena! This is an easy go-in for you - figure out why you're manifesting that blockage in your chakra. Your body is talking to you and trying to tell you something. Only when you see the root causes and take full responsibility for your part in the situation can you effect the change that You, the true You inside you, are trying to make.

It wants to manifest through you; it wants to manifest Love within you; it wants you to love all others as yourself. The K-awakening is just the beginning for us; the brain will continue to search for the truth of its own Being, and the heart will assent when the answers are heard. You will get to the point where nothing will bother you any more, as you will realize that all things are One and therefore, there is no good or bad. The rain falls equally on all; we are but straw ceremonial dogs, as it says in the TTC. But we learn, if we do the work that is required, that we never need be a victim again; that there is no situation in life that can't be handled by Not-Doing, by letting all things take their own rise and their own fall.

Kundalini awakening gets our attention. It's almost like when Don Juan Mateus had to give Carlos Casteneda copious quantities of drugs to shake him out of his left-brain regimented way of thinking, before Carlos could start to grasp the things in mysticism that don't align logically. And none of this stuff really does align logically, once the process starts. with increased Awareness comes the awareness of increased Synchronicity, which sort of throws everything you've ever been lead to believe out of sync. It is truly the world of Here Now. Castaneda would call this the Separate Reality. It's the sorcery of Taoism, of mystic Christianity; certainly there is a wu-wei counterpart within every tradition, as it seems that every master ultimately gets to the same place, regardless of the path taken.

IMO.

• Like 1

I don't see why Seth wants to only help in private? He should help in this thread for others who may need it in the future, as well as be subject to critique.

Not my style.

This kind of work may need counseling elements and in my book is very very private.

This is not something I will change my mind on.

• Like 8

Seth suggested I post where I'm from I live in Richmond va in the states.... Anybody know any gurus there :)

Your not going to solve this in posting.

If your willing to go to Orlando let me know... or contact some others you can travel to.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, :)

The whole point of the Kundalini Tantra quote was to point out that kundalini doesn't necessarily 'go up the spine'. I was happy to know that increased energy flows into the once-dormant areas of the brain causes altered states. Basically, I'm just giving you some information so that you can assess your own situation.

In Taoism, there are three tan tiens, one in the belly, one in the chest and one in the head. Any of these tan tiens can become overcharged and give off too much energy, which is why most Taoist practices end with putting the hands over the lower tan tien to help store the excess energy there.

Have you tried Mantak Chia's exercise called "Venting"? Here it is, from his book called The Multi-Orgasmic Man":

VENTING

1. Lie down on your back. Elevate your knees with a pillow if you feel any pain in the small of your back or lumbar area.

2. Place your hands in front of your mouth so that the tips of your fingers touch and so that your palms are facing toward your feet.

3. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Feel your stomach and chest expand gently.

4. Smile and exhale quietly, making the sound heeeeee. As you are exhaling, push your hands towards your feet

and image that your body is a hollow tube that you are emptying with your hands.

5. Repeat this sound and movement three, six, or nine times, each time imagining that you are pushing this

excess energy from your head, past your heart and belly, though your legs, and out your feet. You can also try

the exercise while standing or sitting. If you are still having a problem venting your energy, contact a Healing Tao instructor or an acupuncturist.

Also, to be quite honest, if I could not get my kundalini to back off and it was ruining my life, I would seek out a well-known authentic kundalini guru and have him/her ground it away.

Actually, I guess I did exactly that. After my kundalini became active, I applied for shaktipat in absentia from Sri Anandi Ma and she became my guru. She is from the line of Dhyan Yogi, who as far as I can tell, was a real saint. Part of the benefit of having a guru is that she/he can help out when things get bad. I know that Sri Anandi Ma and Dhyan Yogi are authentic because I've seen them numerous times in the astral planes.

link: http://dyc.org/

Other recommendations that I would have are these:

I heard that Max (Kunlun) does skype sessions. Max is a very powerful healer, and although he is not selling 'healing sessions', learning Kunlun properly and learning how to ground the energy after might help allot. But I do have to say, I have found that Kunlun intensifies everything. Also, he may just tell you not to mix kundalini with Kunlun. I took the level 1 seminar and learned the techniques (including the Red Phoenix). Mixing Kunlun and kundalini didn't hurt me, just added more juice. But I also know when to shut it down, and ground, and get that energy back down. And luckily, it works for me.

When I did kunlun, it blew open my third eye, to the point where I could see the surroundings through it with my regular eyes closed. People looked like they had a large flame protruding upwards from their midsections. The effect lasted about two weeks and then slowly went away. I did not pursue it because I couldn't understand what I was looking at nor could I find anyone else who could relate to it.

Mark Griffin is another guru whom I believe is connected directly to the source. I can sense it. I have read many of his books and have most all of his pod casts. He is kind of like high-test though. Very powerful and experimental too. After listening to his pod casts, my kundalini becomes very hot, clear and crisp, like I was sitting on the stove, waiting for the heat vapours to float me away.

You have my sympathy. I can't imagine having all the hard parts like the sleeplessness, the astral projections, the effects from lack of sleep etc on their own.

So far, I have had maybe 3 weeks of sleepless nights where a larger center of awareness watches the body lie there, snore etc. This effect was produced by seeking the source during meditations, a form of self inquiry.

I've also experienced the 'electric tunnel' and it is quite disconcerting. It feels like I am travelling at high speed in a tunnel with hundreds of visions and scenes whizzing past. However, when I stop the meditation, the effect goes away. Also, this effect occurs when I do pratyahara (sambhavi - eyes focused on brow) and kechari (tongue on back palate) and root lock while meditating.. This is a form of astral travel where your destination is far away or unknown.

The twitching that occurs for me is when I reach the stage between regular consciousness and sleep. I believe the mind has a natural mechanism to keep the mind awake and the method used is to kick up a jolt of energy in the body somewhere. I will be mediting and suddenly, my arm will lash out and hit the wall. Or, my leg will kick. Sometimes, if I am meditating on the recliner, the jolts are so numerous and unerving that I have to sit in easy posture to stop my legs from shaking. The solution is to get past the transition from normal consciousness to sleep, by just letting go, relaxing more and surrendering..

Once I was sitting in perfect posture on a chair, I took one deep breath, closed my eyes and saw a 'moon' above the brow. Suddenly, flames started coming up the whole body accompanied by profuse sweating and heat. I had to stop. I thought I was going to instantly combust. (That all took place in less than 2 minutes).

Another night, as I lay in bed after reading a Norman Paulsen book called "Sacred Science", the light above my head became very intense. As I lay in bed, the whole backside of the body melted away revealing a huge open space filled with stars. It kept drawing me out there. I was afraid to go. So, I struggled for a long time just to remain in the physical plane because it felt like I was going to die if I went in the space. ( I know this sounds stupid because that is what I've always wanted, but a part of me just didn't want to die).

Actually, I've had so many experiences I could write a book about it. But I learned a few things that have helped me. Things like, use all available means at your disposal, like getting a guru, learning various grounding techniques and the principles behind them. Learn why you are doing the practices you are doing. Understand what may happen. A good thing to know is that sometimes you get the effects from a practice several days later! Stay away from teachings that tell you to do a certain practice but don't tell you about the effects of the practice or what to do if you get into trouble from doing the practice.

So, in your case, you are being put in a situation where you will have to learn as much about all these practices as you can. You probably feel overloaded. Things that can help you sleep at night are: Eating carbs for the last meal of the day so that your body can produce lots of serotonin. You already know about the hands in the dirt grounding techinque. Hot baths. Drink lots of water. Keep your tongue on your palette (if you put your tongue on the palette, can't you feel a mild electric current at the tip of the tongue? ) Find an authentic guru. Some advice will work for you and some won't. Like whether or not to practice moderate sex. Examine your diet. The same nutrients that go into producing sexual fluids are used to nourish the brain. If you drain one, the other becomes deficient. Certain foods will increase the flow (like high protein, garlic, onions, omega 3-6-9). Other foods will slow it down (like high fibre raw vegetables). If you overheat, eat lots of yogurt. Stay away from drugs and alcohol, they will only makes things worse. Pray to Jesus, he is always there for anyone that needs him. :) Learn to watch your thoughts and realize that they are not you, and that you are actually a separate larger being in the background that remains fully detached yet aware.

In a way, I envy you. What you are experiencing is something that is sought after by millions of people. Most people have to work very hard to get to the same state you are in, and some never get even close. Only, you are missing the discipline and knowledge of having had regular 'spiritual' practices and experiences before your 'awakening'.

Good luck

I will pray for you.

:)

TI

• Like 2

Most people have to work very hard to get to the same state you are in, and some never get even close. Only, you are missing the discipline and knowledge of having had regular 'spiritual' practices and experiences before your 'awakening'.

From my experience, ignorance is one of the biggest blessings in disguise. All it takes is the right guidance and a simple practice routine; with that, one can develop quite beautifully.

In my opinion and from my observations, (take it for what it is) many westerners tend to get too caught up in all the unnecessary jargon and focus more intellectually on solving the problem rather than allowing it to naturally unfold. From what I have gathered, we are living in the 21st century and thus we must take literal translations of ancient foreign texts with a grain of salt, trying our best not to conceptualize and box up insights which were not our own to begin with. Sure the traditions offer a great amount knowledge, but the mere fact of the matter is that they were written for their time, in their time, and illustrate natural human phenomena with the language present during that time. What may sound mystical now, could be something so simple, so natural, it is overlooked due to the mere fact that it is sitting right in front of the eyes quite frequently, yet doesn't fit that "mystical" interpretation you thought you were looking for. It is truly a beautiful experience to experience and then read about, rather than read about and then try to experience.

Intent on not getting off topic, this was written in hopes that mike md reads and understands that what is going on with him now is not some absurd problem or mystical experience but rather a truly natural and breath taking humanly process which does not need to be conceptualized, intellectualized or boxed up in any way shape or form. Go with the flow, enjoy, let go, surrender, and live. Trying to find an answer where no answer resides, is like trying to find a piece of hay in the haystack; as Adi Da gracefully puts it, and my Guru gracefully recites it, "You can't get there from here!"

Edited by don_vedo
  • Like 3

Hi Bob

You've really should keep an eye on your pessimistic eye..

Here is the main page of the "Monks of Kauai's Hindu Monastery". There are 22 references to the word "monk".

link: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/ssc/hawaii/monastic_life/

What particular experience have you had with Himalayan Academy?

The book called "Merging With Shiva" is readily available online, published by the HA itself. The hard copy is just as beautiful as the online book.

Also, here is the exact copyright:

link: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_table_of_contents.html

The spirit of this copyright is that it may be used to share the Hindu Dharma with others on the spiritual path as explicitly stated. I see no problem here as there is no mention of 'quotes' and I am not reproducing the book.

:)

TI

Write them and verify exactly what they mean if you want to be sure. I take it to mean the book in its entire script, or to get permission if parts are used otherwise. (such as in a form or context that they haven't had a chance to review and ok) Btw, several people may be "monks" in an Order, while only one is the lineage holder and Sat Guru at a time, also the "HA" publishing you speak of only happens after the head of his Order (of monks, swamis, yogis, etc.) gives approval, who at that time was Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, thus the term monk is only one out of several and more descriptive meanings or titles that are used in Hinduism.

Edited by 3bob

Seth suggested I post where I'm from I live in Richmond va in the states.... Anybody know any gurus there :)

That would be great, but even if people know of good yoga classes, Bhajan groups, or anything that can support him better than just an online connection, then please post :)

Hmm, no one has exactly suggested prayer. (?)

A good thing is that right now you can pray without having a particular system, special methods, knowledge, and years of study. Just pray sincerely in privacy or at a temple (of some kind?) for help. Heartfelt prayer is a spiritual practice that is safe for everyone... while the warnigs about certain types of other "spiritual practices" does sound very valid for your situation.

There are types of beings who can help directly or bring about help indirectly... btw, a deeply sincere and continued prayer can not be refused or ignored by the universe although at times it may seem that way... and what starts and takes place in the subtle realms will end up taking form or effect in the physical world in one way or another!

Very good advice :)

Intent on not getting off topic, this was written in hopes that mike md reads and understands that what is going on with him now is not some absurd problem or mystical experience but rather a truly natural and breath taking humanly process which does not need to be conceptualized, intellectualized or boxed up in any way shape or form. Go with the flow, enjoy, let go, surrender, and live. Trying to find an answer where no answer resides, is like trying to find a piece of hay in the haystack; as Adi Da gracefully puts it, and my Guru gracefully recites it, "You can't get there from here!"

Very nice, don Vedo. I just don't think there's an owners manual for the K-stuff. Relaxation and acceptance seem to be the key for integrating the weirdness. I currently have hot compressed energy periodically escaping from my ears right now. I think my head is about to explode, actually. Kind of like that Weird Al Yankovich underwater scene in that old movie. But the specific weirdnesses seem to pass in their own time, and then it's just a question of being more comfortable and integrated until the next weirdness makes its appearance. What a trip this is. what a luxury it is to have a place to communicate these odd things to those who understand.

don: I'd rather be ignorant of this whole experience! I tried to let it run it's course for months but i realize that the symptoms aren't going away on their own so I have to do something about it.

Going into a situation ignorant is the best way to do it form my experience and by the sound of it, your pretty new to all this stuff so your ignorance in my opinion will do you well. I was more trying to imply that it's not necessary to try and intellectulaize and conceptualize the whole ordeal by reading into and trying to understand ancient foriegn scriptures/texts. Find a teacher you trust and connect with, simply surrender and let all that arises, arise.

"I'm trying to keep it cheap..." Mike md. Has someone said something about money, or do you mean your expensives for logistics? A person can not really pay in money for this kind of help, nor should a true master charge in set terms of cash - but that sure doesn't mean that a price of some kind will not be involved!

Edited by 3bob

I would disregard anything anyone says that it is being or you are being something special or rare. It is an aspect within us all. Anyone who says they have secret for you is trying to sell you something. Don't believe, be skeptical, find only the truth you can know and leave the rest unknown, (ignorance is bliss).

You don't "NEED" a god to be spiritual, the honest ones don't (imo).

For instance, the collective unconscious or universal conscious can be used in place of god. Even the universe itself can be used, the universe being god is the definition of god within panthiesm.

Only one with greed would keep spiritual evolution a secret. There is not a secret, all is within you already.

Edited by Informer
  • Like 1

I would disregard anything anyone says that it is being or you are being something special or rare. It is an aspect within us all. Anyone who says they have secret for you is trying to sell you something. Don't believe, be skeptical, find only the truth you can know and leave the rest unknown, (ignorance is bliss).

You don't "NEED" a god to be spiritual, the honest ones don't (imo).

For instance, the collective unconscious or universal conscious can be used in place of god. Even the universe itself can be used, the universe being god is the definition of god within panthiesm.

Only one with greed would keep spiritual evolution a secret. There is not a secret, all is within you already.

Also, only one with foolishness would put power of various kinds in the hands of a youngster who can not handle it. (and such is not bliss)

• Like 3

Younger in the USA is better chances at success than someone older, because one who is younger is less likely to have calcified pineal gland.

The soft tissue of the adult pineal gland contains more fluoride than any other soft tissue in the body - a level of fluoride (~300 ppm) capable of inhibiting enzymes.

The pineal gland also contains hard tissue (hyroxyapatite crystals), and this hard tissue accumulates more fluoride (up to 21,000 ppm) than any other hard tissue in the body (e.g. teeth and bone).

After finding that the pineal gland is a major target for fluoride accumulation in humans, Dr. Luke conducted animal experiments to determine if the accumulated fluoride could impact the functioning of the gland - particulalry the gland's regulation of melatonin.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

Age is not the issue otherwise, either there is capability or there is not, in this regards.

Edited by Informer