Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Juice

I was going to post on the Phowa thread, then thought its already moving away from topic, why push it further.

Instead of using the word vibrate, can we say some practitioners have more 'Juice' then others. Not just presence, but inner vitality, matched with a transcendental personality that effects everyone near them.

I'm thinking in terms what people who've gone through Kundalini have; Juice, not necessarily enlightenment, but circuitry that's rewired for higher energy. And if it not rewired, they burn out.

Juice:

What is it?

How do we get it?

I was going to post on the Phowa thread, then thought its already moving away from topic, why push it further.

Instead of using the word vibrate, can we say some practitioners have more 'Juice' then others. Not just presence, but inner vitality, matched with a transcendental personality that effects everyone near them.

I'm thinking in terms what people who've gone through Kundalini have; Juice, not necessarily enlightenment, but circuitry that's rewired for higher energy. And if it not rewired, they burn out.

Juice:

What is it?

How do we get it?

If you mean juice in a psychological sense, it's chronic hypomania mixed with monomania. When a person defines their goal and pours every ounce of life energy they have into it, it manifests as you suggest.

I've seen it in my father, and other highly successful people.

It's taking that energy and focusing it into a coherent laser like focus.

These are the people who refuse to give in and die or crash and burn no matter what.

They have on their war paint, and they've burned their cooking pots, and they are focused on one goal to the exclusion of all else.

It doesn't necessarily have to be on a spiritual goal either.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I just read this about an hour ago. See what you make of this yogi. If the accounts are true (which i think so), then that's my interpretation of someone with authentic spiritual juice.

http://bodhiactivity.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/hello-world/

In the martial arts world, i would have to say Grandmaster David Chin is the man.

Edited by C T
  • Like 2

Wow CT thanks for the inspirational story that's some "Heart-breaking Sadhana". This is one of my favorite videos:

-My 2 cents, Peace

I don't know but it feels like "differential" between current psycho/spiritual/consciouness (not doing well with the terms).

Juice:

What is it?

How do we get it?

In my conceptualization of things, this is what happens when a persons' causal body (shen) and/or astral body (chi) are strongly manifesting through their physical body (jing). Which level(s) are coming through result in distinctly different feelings of "juice".

So, generally speaking, to get it you need to either cultivate those more subtle aspects of your being, or cultivate your physical body's ability to channel them onto this level of reality, or better yet, both.

• Like 1

Juice is gained just like muscle strength is gained, through "working out".

Juice can also be gained through sincerity of practice and will as well. You dont necessarily have to practice for x amount of hours for x amount of days to see results just so long as you have the determination and the right sincerity. For those who dont have that special inner drive, lots and lots of practice will gradually build juice.

• Like 2

Juice is gained just like muscle strength is gained, through "working out".

Juice can also be gained through sincerity of practice and will as well. You dont necessarily have to practice for x amount of hours for x amount of days to see results just so long as you have the determination and the right sincerity. For those who dont have that special inner drive, lots and lots of practice will gradually build juice.

SO TRUE! :)

Juice: What is it? How do we get it?

I would like to hear your thoughts about juice, Michael? :)

[matched with a transcendental personality that effects everyone near them]

I have always wondered the same, why do some practitioners catapult and become famous teachers, surrounded by loads of devotees.

While most Qigong teachers have trouble filling their workshops with 20 students. In 2008 I attended a Falun dafa all day conference in Manhattan, at the Hilton hotel, where close to 2,000 devotees showed up. Sitting in the audience, I could feel Li Hongzhi "juice". The effects lasted several days.

The list is endless for Indian gurus. Muktananda, his students built 21 ashrams for him all over the world. Sai Baba with endowments worth hundreds of million dollars. Maharishi Mahesh, yogi teachers of The Beatles...

I have always wondered the same, why do some practitioners catapult and become famous teachers, surrounded by loads of devotees.

While most Qigong teachers have trouble filling their workshops with 20 students. In 2008 I attended a Falun dafa all day conference in Manhattan, at the Hilton hotel, where close to 2,000 devotees showed up. Sitting in the audience, I could feel Li Hongzhi "juice". The effects lasted several days.

The list is endless for Indian gurus. Muktananda, his students built 21 ashrams for him all over the world. Sai Baba with endowments worth hundreds of million dollars. Maharishi Mahesh, yogi teachers of The Beatles...

One has devotees -- the other, clients. Maybe that is one fundamental difference, idk.

Another key point could be because Qigong is not what a lot of Westerners want it to be. In effect, Qigong in Asian countries is a common form of exercise for promoting good health, and not for spiritual cultivation, although in some instances, in can be a tremendous tool for spiritual cultivators, but practicing it in itself is similar to people practicing calisthenics, isometrics or gym workouts in the West.

There are alot of unscrupulous 'teachers' around, simply because people are easily fascinated and distracted, and these same peoples find it difficult to believe that it actually costs nothing to eat well, sleep well, love well, and pray well.

There are alot of unscrupulous 'teachers' around, simply because people are easily fascinated.

This is a good point. I believe the 'hook' used by guru teachers is a display of siddhis. Western students(myself included), easily get impressed by a simple show of siddhis.

I remember reading a story by the Harvard professor Richard Alpert. He travelled and stayed in various ashrams, months at end in India. One night he had trouble sleeping and walking around he was thinking about his mother who had died a few months earlier due to cancer. The next morning his guru calls him in, says you were out under the stars last night, thinking about your mother, she died. guru points to his stomach, says she was big in stomach, her spleen. As soon as Dr. Alpert heard the words 'spleen', he was hooked for life.

However I do believe you(the guru) has to deliver the goods. I mean the super Qigong teachers, Wang Liping, John Chang they have had some sort of rapture. Their juice is very different than a advanced student. Muktananda at his height use to fly around the world in his lear jet. People are not stupid, they want something in return. It is the excess juice that the guru is able to pour out.

My thoughts on juice are greatly influenced by Glenn Morris. He described a level of 'physical' enlightenment (vs. other classical definitions), a state where a person had gone through kundalini and was running higher energy. There circuits were clear and energy was strong. To be around them is to feel the jolt.

His school and KAP program based on it, has the microcosmic orbit as one of its cornerstones. Develop and purify energy, and run it around the orbit.

In I've been around individuals who indeed have juice. Presence beyond simple charisma.

My thoughts on juice are greatly influenced by Glenn Morris. He described a level of 'physical' enlightenment (vs. other classical definitions), a state where a person had gone through kundalini and was running higher energy. There circuits were clear and energy was strong. To be around them is to feel the jolt.

His school and KAP program based on it, has the microcosmic orbit as one of its cornerstones. Develop and purify energy, and run it around the orbit.

In I've been around individuals who indeed have juice. Presence beyond simple charisma.

When it comes downto brass tax its energy development. It doesn't even mean just "chi" it can mean development in Initiation to Hermetics too(Etheric bodies)

I don't know what makes it stick, but i've before developed enough energy to be felt by people who didn't do any sort of meditation, in a daily normal setting.

If you practice enough Qigong and meditation you'll get there the "simple pie" explanation is: Practice!!!!!!

P.S. I also enjoyed his books as they've made sense in regards to my experience. My favorite was where he mentioned chances for fun in the void. Before recently finding KAP I didn't have a method for accessing the void, but I was still having fun after being introduced to some of it's inhabitants by a friend of mine that spent much time exploring it.

Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!Practice!

• Like 1

I had a discussion with someone the other day about a very popular book/movie and the short of it was he was reading this book and coudn't understand what it was about it that made all those people get into it and go wild over it.

If you're into that "dependent origination" idea, the phenomenon is pretty wild.

I read an interesting thing about shaktipat the other day (not the same day as the other thing). The suggestion was that people were going for it because they want to "be saved".

And today I read an article about the way a person uses certain words like "I" and "you" and how that sets up "dominant status" in a conversation.

But the best thing I came across all weekend was an experiment by Daniel Gilbert that apparently intended to prove whom between Spinoza and Descartes was right in their respective postulates of "understanding is believing" vs - well, the Descartes thing.

---opinion----alert

But what does it have to do with the OP?

- enough for me to post

----opinion etc----

IMO it was co

Sign in to follow this