orb

Master Waysun Liao

And forgot to mention there is Terry Dunn's well produced DVD on long Yang style taichi form. Ad to this Olson's tajchi qigong could be good option. And just wonder if there anything special in Liao's materials what really can give profound results?

Master Liao says that the Tao is simple, but goes on discussing it from the same complicated traditional, theist viewpoints of others. You'll know when you come upon a "real deal" teacher not by their theistic views or worship of the phenomena called energy,...but by their contradiction of everything you believe, including your beliefs about gods and energy.

Although energy arises from the Tao,...The Tao has no energy. Anyone who says Chi is energy, is fully asleep to the essence of Chi.

As you are a master of this truth what can YOU do with this?

The people you are badmouthing actually have amazing ability from their training.

So just say it clearly what can you DO as a result of your training?

• Like 1

No,...the supposed connecting (or in Master Liao's case, reconnecting) someone with a god is 100% dishonest,...because there is no god to connect to. Anyone who promotes the false, is false,...even if they believe the false is true. Falsity will never awaken,...how it works is this,...you let go of falsity, which includes theism,...and the truth is there.

People who talk about god,...write books about god,...fully imagining they know god,...are dishonest.

When honest people don't know, they sau I don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smPVh4vg66M

“Start knowing what you really know, and stop believing what you really don’t know. Somebody asks you. “Is there a God?” and you say, “Yes, God is.” Remember: Do you really know? If you don’t know, please don’t say that you do. Say, “I don’t know.”. . . False knowing is the enemy of true knowledge. All beliefs are false knowledge.”

I think that the issue is with the language. Yes there is a God. Call it what you want but that doesn't change it, the only thing that changes is the LABEL. God is real and everywhere. It's been called many things and apparently calling it God doesn't jive with you.

And the Big Bang wasn't a fart from the ass of nothing. God makes it happen. :)

AND on top of that, if you've never even so much as trained with a temple style master then you don't know squat. You can quote all day long and then sit back and pretend to know something about Liao but in the end all you have is . . . Squat. :) that and videos of a guy you obviously like. Don't be jealous of Liao and his connection. You too can have that same connection.

Edited by h.uriahr
  • Like 1

As you are a master of this truth what can YOU do with this?

The people you are badmouthing actually have amazing ability from their training.

So just say it clearly what can you DO as a result of your training?

Through my untraining, I can recognize the difference between that which is true, and that which is not true. The only benifit of doing so, is that one is then able to relate with what will never leave them, and from which they can never leave.

"Man is to be known in three ways:

As inferior, mediocre and excellent.

He who by any means whatsoever

Provides for the pleasures of Saṃsāra

For himself alone,

Is called an inferior man.

He who turns his back to the pleasures of the world

And abstains from evil deeds,

But provides only for his own peace,

Is called a mediocre man.

He who seriously wants to dispel

All the misery of others,

Because in the stream of his own being he has understood the nature of misery,

Is an excellent man.

Standing in the boat of the human body,

You should cross the great flood of misery.

Since later this boat is difficult to get,

Do not sleep now, you fool."

Jewel Ornament of Liberation

And the Big Bang wasn't a fart from the ass of nothing. God makes it happen. :)

AND on top of that, if you've never even so much as trained with a temple style master then you don't know squat. You can quote all day long and then sit back and pretend to know something about Liao but in the end all you have is . . . Squat. :) that and videos of a guy you obviously like. Don't be jealous of Liao and his connection. You too can have that same connection.

Have you seen a Big Bang? If not, why are you discussing it as if you know about Big Bangs. There was no Big Bang.

Lao Tzu and Sakyamuni would agree with Cosmologists Steven Hawking and Jim Hartle, who in their No-Boundary theory, said that since time loses characteristics that separate it from space, the concept of a beginning in time becomes meaningless. There is no BigBang, no singularity, creation or creator, because there is no time.

• Like 2

Have you seen a Big Bang? If not, why are you discussing it as if you know about Big Bangs. There was no Big Bang.

Lao Tzu and Sakyamuni would agree with Cosmologists Steven Hawking and Jim Hartle, who in their No-Boundary theory, said that since time loses characteristics that separate it from space, the concept of a beginning in time becomes meaningless. There is no BigBang, no singularity, creation or creator, because there is no time.

You are an expert I can see I am no match. I take my bow.

Edited by h.uriahr

You are an expert I can see I am no match. I take my bow.

I'm not accepting students,...nor am an expert in the dream of perceived life,...thus your beliefs far surpass all my relative knowledge.

I will offer this,...be a perfect student to your mundane pursuits, and perhaps next lifetime, you'll recognize an interest beyond clinging to dishonesty to make what you don't understand more palatable..

I'm not accepting students,...nor am an expert in the dream of perceived life,...thus your beliefs far surpass all my relative knowledge.

I will offer this,...be a perfect student to your mundane pursuits, and perhaps next lifetime, you'll recognize an interest beyond clinging to dishonesty to make what you don't understand more palatable..

That's mighty thoughtful of you to include the fact that you dont accept students...just in case someone here was wondering.

Best of luck to you. Honestly. Thanks for derailing this to with your perceptions of this non linear illusion...and stuff. :ph34r:

Best of luck to you. Honestly. Thanks for derailing this to with your perceptions of this non linear illusion...and stuff. :ph34r:

Honesty has no need of luck. Attachment to theistic and other beliefs need luck,...to break the cycle of dishonesty. It's all about honesty,...and no honest person promotes a "connection with gods" or teaches that Chi is a force, instead of that from which force arises.

As a New Age Purveyor said, "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"

Did you see it?

How can you say it didn't happen?

John

If there was no big bang, then why is the universe expanding still after 13+ billion years ? That can't happen on it's own. An unbelievably, incomprehensible, inconceivable force was needed to kick start all this off.

This is why i don't like people stating all these "mystical" things as facts - if you are profoundly developed and have direct experience of this stuff - and THAT'S where it's coming from then OK. If that is the case then it is very interesting indeed and please tell us how you got there.

Otherwise its just another useless empty philosophy - doesn't get anyone anywhere. Maybe good for feeding your intellect but that gets boring after a while.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Did you see it?

How can you say it didn't happen?

John

Although cosmologists Steven Hawking and Jim Hartle can theorize through mathematics (see #32 above),...I have full cognizance that There is No Present in Time,...and thus proof that no Big Bang existed. You may feel compelled to discuss Big Bang theories as if you had proof that they do exist,...but you don't and never can In other words, if you believe in Big Bangs, you are attached to dishonesty,...and as long as you are so attached,...spiritual reality will be obscured from you.

You cannot be both Truth Realized, and attached to the way things are not,...no matter how much your 6 senses wants to believe it can.

Beliefs are infinitely complex,...and most will attack those who may upset those beliefs.

The truth is simple.

The ultimate truth of Taoism and Buddhism is simple.

Lao Tzu said, "the Tao doesn't come and go."

Sakyamuni said, "the Tathagata doesn't come and go."

Master Liao doesn't comprehend such simplicity,...but has talked alot about what is not true,...and those who are untrue, love listening to those whose untruth is similiar to their own.

If there was no big bang, then why is the universe expanding still after 13+ billion years ? That can't happen on it's own. An unbelievably, incomprehensible, inconceivable force was needed to kick start all this off.

A Buddhist might respond,...look at everything you perceive as a dream.

Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think (6 senses) is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth...the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

Did not René Descartes, concerning the senses, articulate, “All that I have tried to understand to the present time has been affected by my senses; now I know these senses are deceivers, and it is prudent to be distrustful after one has been deceived once.”

• Like 1

A Buddhist might respond,...look at everything you perceive as a dream.

Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think (6 senses) is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth...the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

Did not René Descartes, concerning the senses, articulate, “All that I have tried to understand to the present time has been affected by my senses; now I know these senses are deceivers, and it is prudent to be distrustful after one has been deceived once.”

This was a nice going thread till you came in trying to convince everyone how much you know and blah blah blah.

I think the issue that people have with Waysun is the term "Temple Style Tai Chi", and that it was the original form of tai chi.

If you look at his form it is clearly a Yang derivative. We know that Yang Luchan studied the Chen form, and we know what the various Chen forms look like. We can be fairly certain that Yang did not study tai chi with anyone else, and developed his form from the Chen. How is it that Waysun's "older" form looks so much like Yang's?

I'm not saying he's not a good teacher, or that he doesn't have the goods. But why make up stories about the origin of the form?

• Like 1

This was a nice going thread till you came in trying to convince everyone how much you know and blah blah blah.

Is it bad that this post made me laugh out-loud?

Did ever the thought occur to you that Waysun Liao was not adressing at all the forms of his taichi?

Not sure I understand your question, but he and his disciples often say the form he teaches, Temple Style Tai Chi, is the original form of tai chi as practiced by Lao Zi.

From the very first page of this thread:

He teaches temple style taichi....which is supposedly the original form of taichi that was taught by Lao Tzu, of which the family styles (like chen or yang taichi) are branched off.

So my question still stands…..

I think the issue that people have with Waysun is the term "Temple Style Tai Chi", and that it was the original form of tai chi.

If you look at his form it is clearly a Yang derivative. We know that Yang Luchan studied the Chen form, and we know what the various Chen forms look like. We can be fairly certain that Yang did not study tai chi with anyone else, and developed his form from the Chen. How is it that Waysun's "older" form looks so much like Yang's?

I'm not saying he's not a good teacher, or that he doesn't have the goods. But why make up stories about the origin of the form?

How many of the single forms have you seen? The long form is not important in temple style, expect for a tool to see whether we can stay in the tai chi state from form to form. Single form is what matters. If you see single form being practiced it'll seem familiar and alien at the same time.

When I first started temple style I had already been doing yang style and didn't know what a form like repulse monkey really is. Or that ward off isn't really a "form", it is an energetic expression.

I've not seen any other style show the understanding or depth in tai chi like temple style has.

• Like 2

I've seen many videos of the form by various teachers under Waysun. If you read my original post, I was simply bringing up a topic that has circulated here and on other boards before.

And yet with several defenders of the style posting here no one has bothered to answer the question. How is it that the "Temple Style Long Form", which supposedly preceded all other tai chi forms, follows the same routine as some of the Yang family variations when we know that Yang Luchan only studied tai chi with the Chen's, and his form developed from that experience?

There is significant research into the history of tai chi, and many published histories, and lineages. I have yet to see any scholar or author mention Temple Tai Chi in their research...

• Like 1

Ah ha, that explains quite a bit. I agree, many schools simply teach movement and form with little intention…