settler

Yin training vs Yang Training

Many people wonder what is a yin and a yang training. Never saw a book discussing this issue and took me quiet some time to discover this by my self.

Yin forms are: wild goose, Dragon and Tiger. Yang forms are: Tai Chi, Baguazhang. (I will discuss this styles because are the ones i have experience ).

Yin forms project energy in the direction of your own Chakras to open them. This doesn't provide a filling of well being was yang does. Once a Chakra is open you can do stuff width it. For example, if you open the hand Chakras you can project energy to heal people, or if you open the Thirt Eye you can establish communication with out using any words.

Yang forms work by creating a force to generate energy which is then absorbed by the body, with grounding, circling and screwing. Tai Chi works manly in grounding, Baghazhang in grounding, circling and screwing.

Yin practice can be dangerous, when you open your Chakras you can project "energy", also can others in to you. Some people complain they are drained in public places or near other people. When a person does not have opened Chakras he can't release negative energy and steal's to neutralize it's own negative. Excessive yin training drains energy, which can be harmful, low levels of energy make you vulnerable to diseases. You will be a person with great control over the energy with none to use.

Yang training is less problematic but if you create to much energy the body start burning out, the excessive energy force the internal organs work more. This is an extreme situation and you will fell very hot.

Wild Goose is much better then Dragon and Tiger, if i was choosing one i go with Wild goose because is cleaner. Dragon and Tiger creates to many layers of complexity.

Bahuazhang in general is much more superior to Tai Chi, but if you planning to be a master you hold want to learn Tai Chi to initiate students. Manly because the complexity of Bahuazhang.

An anonymous youtube grandmaster says: "when you separate Yin from yang you achieve high practice". I agree with him, in order to achieve high levels of Chi you will need to master Yang exercises and Yin.

To complete the Yin training you will need to prevent others from stealing energy or gaining control. To prevents this you can't project emotions which establish a connection used to steal energy. Yang training specifically Baguazhang is very useful in strengthen your character which then helps to projects less in to others, which can help to decrease these theft's of energy.

The use of both styles is the better way. If you chose Wild Goose and Baguazhang, you get a good balance. A reason way this topic was not referenced before probably is the fact that Wild Goose was release to public only 30 years ago, before you could not have access to a full yin form.

My Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/120949884603379/

Sinfest

thanks for your comment.

Tell me what is your experience in the training, please point how what is wrong and what is right.

Yin Vs Yang is wrong. Try Yin and Yang. They work together, whereas yang is more prominent during the day, yin is at night, and there they balance in harmony at sunrise and sunset.

• Like 1

Informer

There are some misunderstanding's about yin and yang. Yin and yang is not an absolute thing is relative, its kind of Eninstein theory of relativity explained by the Chinese people. To have hot you need cold, to have male you need female. The body absorbs and releases energy, in that way you can say that the body is Yin yang. Because the governing vessel is connected to the back where is an area which releases energy and the thrusting vessel is in the front in a area which absorbs energy. This is a theory, and only a theory no one have the tools to prove this in a scientifically measured. They starting to prove acupuncture not by measurements but by results and that's a far fetch thing yet!

Sinfest

"Well uh, for one, I have no idea what you're trying to say there I'm so confused :lol "

Check this site for a free book, its well explained http://globalqiproject.com/the-eight-extraordinary-meridians.html

you can send it to your friends for enlightenment.

Informer

There are some misunderstanding's about yin and yang. Yin and yang is not an absolute thing is relative, its kind of Eninstein theory of relativity explained by the Chinese people. To have hot you need cold, to have male you need female. The body absorbs and releases energy, in that way you can say that the body is Yin yang. Because the governing vessel is connected to the back where is an area which releases energy and the thrusting vessel is in the front in a area which absorbs energy. This is a theory, and only a theory no one have the tools to prove this in a scientifically measured. They starting to prove acupuncture not by measurements but by results and that's a far fetch thing yet!

The 'theory' is something that reveals itself as you practice.

If you practice with masters like wang li ping or Lomax, you get a pretty visceral experience of that theory, and start to understand how they came up with that in the first place.

All these things though need years and years of study and could easily be a life pursuit, where you don't even scratch the surface.

Yin/yang is more of a progression, like bagua is yin to say shaolin. Or we are yang to the earth, while we are yin to the sky.

Yin practice can be dangerous, when you open your Chakras you can project "energy", also can others in to you.

Not in my experience at all.

Go learn from a master dude, seems like you have a lot of misconceptions. And there are a lot out there. Some of the high level guys talk about things completely differently than most books you'll read. And a lot of the websites are people copying other websites, that have inaccurate information.

John

• Like 1

At any given moment in time, a sunrise and a sunset is occuring on this planet. Into the blissful chaos of sleep, only to be abondoned by the rising dawn of a new day.

This kind of comment are beyond pointless:

Sinfest ::

You're butchering everything the book is talking about

JohnC Icon ::

The 'theory' is something that reveals itself as you practice.

First of all with out a scientifically approach we still live in the stone age.

Second why all this obscurity? if you know so much explain your training. Explain how many hours do you train per day, what kind of results do you get, what kind of forms do you use, why it work and why didn't work.

The theory that I'm speaking of and which is the base for my researches/study are from Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, hes study's and research won him "book of the year". where are those pseud-master? Still learning in caves? Still in obscurity? Don't post this garbage here!

Bring me solid prof of your training as i did, as i tried to explained, if you don't have any experience in a daily training capable of measure don't post. If you don't have any experience with Baguazhang, wild Goose, Dragon and Tiger, and Tai Chi don't come to this topic. Posting your Likes and dislikes don't concern me.

An attitude of like and dislike is dangerous to your self and to others. Experience things by your self, don't allow those pseudo-master to govern your life. The theory and training is open for all who seek it and wish to learn and dedicate them self's to learn.

Bring me your masters and i show them the real Chi. I speak for my self I do not speak for others.

If you don't have any useful thing to post don't post. Keep it to your self. Are you still looking for a master to train you? are you still waiting for your mother to spoon feed you? Do you have the capability to learn for your self? What kid of people are you? I see limited people and limited approaches and views to the Chi training.

Posting your Likes and dislikes don't concern me.

i think maybe its cause you're inventing ideas as you go along and have no factual basis other than that you intuited it yourself. You say things in absolute terms when yin and yang aren't even absolute concepts. Taiji builds yin and yang energy for example. Its only a yang practice to you in your model.

Like saying yin practice can be dangerous because you open your chakras and such, I have to agree with the crowd that i have no idea what you are talking about. If people's likes and dislikes don't concern you, don't get so bent out of shape when people disagree with you. Youre taking timeless concepts and kind of reinventing them as you see them. Not only are you begging for criticism, but you're doing it in a falsely self assured and clearly opinionated way.

We aren't in the stone age because we disagree with you buddy. I am glad to see you thinking for yourself and not accepting doctrine de facto, but then again, some doctrines are what they are for good reason.

• Like 2

The title of this thread is meaningless. There is no such thing as Yin or Yang training. Yin-Yang is only a concept to categorize the type of things and movements in martial arts but not to be identified as some kind of training. IMHO If I were you, I would reconsider myself about continuing with this misleading notion...:)

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 2

First of all with out a scientifically approach we still live in the stone age.

Second why all this obscurity? if you know so much explain your training. Explain how many hours do you train per day, what kind of results do you get, what kind of forms do you use, why it work and why didn't work.

I practice way more than you, and I can pee way further too.

The theory that I'm speaking of and which is the base for my researches/study are from Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming, hes study's and research won him "book of the year". where are those pseud-master? Still learning in caves? Still in obscurity? Don't post this garbage here!

Dude, Yang Jwing-ming wouldn't agree with your post.

Bring me solid prof of your training as i did, as i tried to explained, if you don't have any experience in a daily training capable of measure don't post. If you don't have any experience with Baguazhang, wild Goose, Dragon and Tiger, and Tai Chi don't come to this topic. Posting your Likes and dislikes don't concern me.

All you've done is prove your inexperience.

An attitude of like and dislike is dangerous to your self and to others. Experience things by your self, don't allow those pseudo-master to govern your life. The theory and training is open for all who seek it and wish to learn and dedicate them self's to learn.

The master only shows you the way dude. You practice, and find for yourself. No book needed. It is experiential.

And follow your own advice.

Bring me your masters and i show them the real Chi. I speak for my self I do not speak for others.

You couldn't show them much dude. Go learn for yourself.

http://www.qigongamerica.com/

http://longmenpai.blogspot.com/

http://meetjohnchang.com

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 2

Anamatva

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming : "A Yin and Yang can contain another Yin and Yang."

watch this video: http://www.qimagazine.com/video.html - "Daoism and the Skyeye - Part 3"

Michael Tse says in the video "doing one side of the Bagua circle walking is Yin so to balance you need to do both sides, right and left. To be Yin and Yang".

But you could do one circle to left side, and then make 2 circles to right side, and one more circle to left. You still achieve balance correct?

Normally people do 2 circles to the left and 2 to the right, but doesn't mean its the only way to achieve balance.

Its like in a mathematical problem, there is no right or wrong way to do it, was long the result is right you can chose the complexity you desire to finish the problem. Is this is correct?

If you divide a training program in 2 parts, a set is centered in absorbing energy, you can say its Yin , and another centered on gaining energy, you can say its yang. Combining the 2 you will have a yin and yang training. This achieves balance. Is this is correct?

Whats preventing you from dividing your training in a Yin and Yang manner? As long you know what you are doing...

Some one post "I didn't open any Chakras". It have to do with the fact of your past life's, some people can be born with all Chakras open and others with none. And if you are a stubborn and hard listening people you will not achieve high levels of Chi training, because you don't have the flexibility to fell and manipulate Chi.

watch the master performing Wild Goose I, and watch he doing around 50% exercises in to is palms to open them, and watch him send energy to the sky eye at a certain point to open also. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it will not serve for others.

ChiDragon is this explanation misleading to you?

And for those saying i don't have Chi level, I didn't judge you. Its only you trying to control others. Some comments made me remember of Christ accusers, they believe they where in control because they needed to, but in the end was Crist who was in control all along. It has to do how much you are open minded.

When i post the topic Yin training vs Yang training i assumed that you people have read this 2 book "The roots of Chinese Qigong", and "Qigong Empowerment". 2 books that any forum will tell you are the base theory of Qigong. You could have asked "how did you get to that results". I would have answer this way and that way. That's open minded that's Christ path. That's Chi flexibility to be able to deal with problems in a soft manner.

No one is forcing you to read. Yet you keep coming back.

Please inform me of your problems and I will fix them for you.

Thanks for the lack of knowledge and the inflaming it make's me look good.

Yo, we really wish you best,

if we didn't, we would have ignored you and allowed you continue a self destructive practice

empty your cup already

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming : "A Yin and Yang can contain another Yin and Yang."

watch this video: http://www.qimagazine.com/video.html - "Daoism and the Skyeye - Part 3"

Michael Tse says in the video "doing one side of the Bagua circle walking is Yin so to balance you need to do both sides, right and left. To be Yin and Yang".

thats a nice video. Yes, any yinyang divides into more yinyang and comprises more larger yinyang in infinite regression. And yes anything you divide into to can be categorized as yin and yang, usually both ways.

I said what i had to say, and i don't really wish to discuss it further.

Yo, we really wish you best,

if we didn't, we would have ignored you and allowed you continue a self destructive practice

empty your cup already

This is hilarious. You are the True Chi Master! Or not! You say We? as if you own others will? interesting aspect.

Edited by settler

In your first post you said this was your own idea and it is fine to have ideas, but you might want to reconsider. I'm pretty sure Dr. Yang doesn't talk about chakras in his books and I think you are doing him a disservice to seem to ascribe your own ideas to him. Really you're rolling yin and yang and opening chakras and Christ's path all together in your head, please slow down.

• Like 2