Thunder_Gooch

Thank you for the Taoist discussion forum!

Chuang Tzu and the Turtle

It happened that the emperor was in need of a good counsellor and, as he had heard so much about the wisdom of the Taoist, Chuang Tzu, he ordered that he be brought to the palace.

The emperors soldiers hunted far and wide and they finally found Chuang Tzu sitting in the shade of an old tree. They explained the emperors command and the old sage smiled and asked:

There was a turtle who was sitting in a mud pool when he was captured and taken to the palace to be sacrificed there. It was, of course, a great honour but dont you suppose he might have been happier in his pool of mud?

Of course. The soldiers answered.

Then leave me be in my pool of mud and be gone.

zhunagzi.jpg

:wub:

I am already happy with the way this new Taoist forum is flowing. There is so much to learn and apply.

And while I'm happy Buddhists or other energy/mystic-tradition practitioners are contributing to TB I confess I'm beginning to spend more time in this forum than the General one. General forum has evolved into a lot of head-in-the-clouds discussions that I have a hard time relating to - especially since I have zero actual experiences in many of the things being discussed. This forum seems more down to earth and talks about things I can actively put into practice myself.

BTW - the Taoist Forum is not a subforum. It's at the same hierarchical level as the General forum. It's just designed to be more specifically laser-focused on Taoist topics and Taoist-practices.

There's something else I like about it.

I do not have the money to visit a Taoist temple in China. Nor anyone where I live that I can apprentice with like a Taoist priest or lineage. That means a lot of what I learn is going to be a DIY approach which means I'll be relying on a forum like this one to learn about Taoism. Especially Internal Alchemy Taoist practices which is where my main interests in it lie.

I will pitch in to say that the judgement that I had earlier reserved has now been made clear. I very much think that this forum is a good idea. Somewhere where some good solid intent and earnest explorative discussion can take place.

I believe it will provide and much needed vibratory input to the overall site.

:D

• Like 1

Stig, good to see you here.

"I believe it will provide and much needed vibratory input to the overall site."

this is one of those , i agree with you 100% :D

SereneBlue,

"There's something else I like about it."

"I do not have the money to visit a Taoist temple in China. Nor anyone where I live that I can apprentice with like a Taoist priest or lineage. That means a lot of what I learn is going to be a DIY approach which means I'll be relying on a forum like this one to learn about Taoism. Especially Internal Alchemy Taoist practices which is where my main interests in it lie."

you are certainly not alone. i live in rural kentucky. i am very lucky to have some

kung fu bros that have evolved more into the IMA but collectively we are doing the

DIY. this site also benefits a few that never log on here. it has been my experience

that the more i share freely, in return more is freely shared with me. a very remarkable experience so far.

Do the mods mind if bums request specific older/antiquated taoist themed threads to be moved? :huh:

If said historical threads meet the forum's requirement of being Taoist focused I don't see why they can't be moved and I don't see why the other Mods would object to doing this.

In fact, moving old Taoist threads here may give newer people the chance to learn from them who didn't get the opportunity to see them the first time. Many people have joined Taobums in the past few years and I bet a lot of wisdom from older Taobums days would be perfect for deeper or re-exploration in a forum such as this.

I'm sure there are many old Taobums Taoist topics that would still be helpful to Taoist noobs today.

So if you or any other Taobummers have certain threads in mind that you'd like to see moved then start letting us know. It'd be extra helpful if you could actually link to the thread(s) so the Mods could move them immediately.

I will pitch in to say that the judgement that I had earlier reserved has now been made clear. I very much think that this forum is a good idea. Somewhere where some good solid intent and earnest explorative discussion can take place.

I believe it will provide and much needed vibratory input to the overall site.

:D

Each day I like this forum more, I rarely bother with the other.

This is my refuge.

A couple of older threads which would benefit from moving here:

The Secret Of The Golden Flower

The Power Of Internal Martial Arts

Thanks

A couple of older threads which would benefit from moving here:

The Secret Of The Golden Flower

The Power Of Internal Martial Arts

Thanks

Done. :)

I also moved a thread that personally interests me. One about Master Lam and ZZ.

Each day I like this forum more, I rarely bother with the other.

This is my refuge.

Whoa up there lad ... did I just see "Concierge" on your tag ???

;)

Whoa up there lad ... did I just see "Concierge" on your tag ???

;)

Hey! He has found a place of peace and understanding. You leave him alone!!! Hehehe.

So.... anyone notice. Taoist discussion became - general discussion - and then Taoist discussion re-appeared ;)

The Tao works in mysterious ways :D i.e. it wasn't really planned like that just sort of happened.

it wasn't really planned like that just sort of happened.

what a pity :(

a new plan might split Taoist discussion into Tao discussion and Te discussion?

So.... anyone notice. Taoist discussion became - general discussion - and then Taoist discussion re-appeared ;)

The Tao works in mysterious ways :D i.e. it wasn't really planned like that just sort of happened.

Cycles and reversion.

What can I say?

what a pity :(

a new plan might split Taoist discussion into Tao discussion and Te discussion?

Now that one, my friend, might fall into the category of "mission impossible".