ChiDragon

The Chinese Difinition of Chi Kung

Very Wise....!!!

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

According to Ya Mu, Qi is not breath. Him and Terry Dunn, and maybe others would be worth while to ask this.

And it's been my experience that it isn't either, in doing practices like FPQG, the breath will naturally open up and my body do what it is supposed to, without my direction.

That the mind will just mess it up.

You could also ask Jenny lamb through email.

John

• Like 1

According to Ya Mu, Qi is not breath. Him and Terry Dunn, and maybe others would be worth while to ask this.

And it's been my experience that it isn't either, in doing practices like FPQG, the breath will naturally open up and my body do what it is supposed to, without my direction.

That the mind will just mess it up.

You could also ask Jenny lamb through email.

John

Hi there,

I think the Chinese definition of what Qi Gong, depends on where you go?!! I think the starting point is that there are many different forms of 'exercise', where does internal training finish and Qi gong start? Where does Qi gong end and martial art begin? Isn't internal training combined with external, can one be devoid of the other? Perhaps we should be looking at the source and not at its branches?

The Chi starts as "Breath" then turns into "Energy".

Edited by ChiDragon

The Chi starts as "Breath" then turns into "Energy".

Sure and thats one source, not the only source.

If it were, it would be a very limited place to get qi.

Lomax's view.

What I want to know is did you create this threat to actually look at this and be willing to accept a new view on it? Or do you just want this to be true, and are looking for validation through others?

John

• Like 4

Sure and thats one source, not the only source.

If it were, it would be a very limited place to get qi.

Lomax's view.

What I want to know is did you create this threat to actually look at this and be willing to accept a new view on it? Or do you just want this to be true, and are looking for validation through others?

John

Ref link: Sholin Qigong

The practice of Qigong has three requirements.

No.1, regulating your breathing

No.2, controlling your mind

No.3, regulate your body

Now you're just completely making things up. :lol::lol:

LaoTze says:

One who doesn't understand tao laughs.

One who only understand tao a little is with doubt.

One who understands tao practice diligently. ;)

I think you develop that out of qigong practice, but not the other way around.

John

No.3, regulate your body

It says "three requirements" NOT "three results"

Edited by ChiDragon

Apparently. Although I'm not interested in making poisons or bombs. What's your point?

i'd hate to see you or anyone else get hurt by mistake, that's all :)

No.3, regulate your body

It says "three requirements" NOT "three results"

And I'm saying it's incomplete or wrong.

Just because its on a website or in a book, doesn't mean its right.

I let my experience dictate my conclusions. So I practice practice practice.

And sometimes read.

John

• Like 1

What is to gain when we know the Chinese Definition of Qigong,

when we already use it ChiDragon.

Q

Ahh..

Nice to hear from you with more intelligent questions.... ;)

First of all, knowing its origin source is better to be confused with the offshoots.

One who understands the basic fundamental concept will appreciate it more and practice more diligently with better results.

i'd hate to see you or anyone else get hurt by mistake, that's all :)

Thanks :) Well, I've already 'hurt' myself doing it already I guess. Since then I've backed off quite some but I'm still interested in pretty much any material on this stuff (and related). Let's say its a serious hobby :)

And I'm saying it's incomplete or wrong.

I agree. At a minimum, I would add:

4. Regulating Qi

5. Regulating Shen

So then lets try something.

Here is a Qigong Method which heavy based on the idea of breathing.

Are you mind to try this method and share your perception of what is happening in your body and giving possible scientific explaination?

(You not need Ginger, except you want try the 100 days for experimentation, you may order a personal practise discussion from the mods since nobody did yet and your dilligence and disciplin will be very helpful since you already very good on breathing - arording to your post until now, and now people here want to know if there is a difference, since others are maybe not so good and may cheat themselves.).

Feel free to repeat this often as shared in this Video so you have a series of test.

Q

I do not have to wait for 100 days and tell you now. I have been breathing like this by the minute 7/24. Now, I am in front of my monitor sitting on a flat end table in a zezen position and do abdominal breathing as my normal breathing habit. When I watch TV, I am sitting on a 24 inch diameter flat table six inches above the floor and do abdominal breathing.

I did not get sick in the past seven to eight years. I will have a scientific explanation to tell you why I don't get sick because I have enhanced my immune system from this breathing method. I don't care who takes my words or not because in works based on my own believes.

Edited to add:

I heard lots of Chi Kung experts here talking about their learned method and theories; but so far, I haven't seen much of their experiences and results posted in my other thread.

Edited by ChiDragon

ChiDragon,

1. the method is 3 deep breath followed by percentage breathing,Normal breathing then 3 Deep breath with exhale trough the mouth.

2. There is a difference please try this in this way and listen closely to the video. Science always proof and reproof their result after a time.

Edit: You have a chance to see a theory which is slightly different than the mainstream Qigong.

It seems this percentage breathing exist only in that lineage.

Q

Don't be silly.

1. It doesn't matter by the number of breaths or percentage or exhale through the mouth. It was the amount of oxygen inside the lungs that really counts.

If you inhale then exhale too soon, eventually, you have wasted the unused portion of oxygen in the body.

2. Don't believe everything that somebody tells you and use common sense.

PS...

It seems like that somebody does not have any scientific knowledge about breathing and oxygen.

Edited to revise line 1 to read.

1. ......It was the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide inside the lungs that really counts.

PSS...

I was surprised that nobody challenge me on this one. :o

Edited by ChiDragon

Here is the statistic for my survey. These people claimed that they are in better health or healthier than before practicing Chi Kung.

1 .-K-

3 yrs with belly breathing(abdominal breathing)

2. Scotty:

Always feel good and don't get sick.

3. Informer:

"I don't get sick anymore. Other than allergies and a bit of sneezing, my body destroy's any infections before they can get a foothold."

4. OldGreen:

"Physically i have always been in good health. Emotionally and spiritually speaking i am a lot healthier, very balanced, less anxiety."

5. Bauguakid:

20+ years; health is still improving.

6. Lifeforce: 9 yrs,

1. Increased energy and concentration.

2. A sense of extreme well-being and contentment with life.

3. The immune system is significantly boosted. I very rarely suffer from colds, flu, and viral infections.

7. LBDaoist:

9 yrs, "Better flexibility. Less serious illness. Positive vibrations and improved connectedness with those around me."

8. ChiDragon:

1. 36 years(Tai Ji and Chi Kung).

2. Whenever I can.

3. Healthy sights:

a. Corrected my breathing Problem and no more hypoxia,

b. Have lots of Jin,

c. Great muscle tone,

d. Improved eye sights.

e. Sing like a baritone,

f. Fast reflexes and more alert,

g. Strong wrist, arms and legs.

h. Faster reaction on the road and had avoided numerous of car accidents,

i. Did not get sick in the last seven to eight years since practicing Chi Kung,

j. Increase of libido.

4. With lots of abdominal breathings.

ChiDragon,

My good results came primarily from mind methods.

Also my spine was noticeably healed from these methods, in addition to other things.

Edited by Scotty

ChiDragon,

My good results came primarily from mind methods.

Also my spine was noticeably healed from these methods, in addition to other things.

What are the other things, is breathing included...??? If yes, to what extent of breathing...???

I try to be more accurate; and I am not familiar with the "mind method". Can you be more specific and describe the "mind methods"...???

Thank you.

Edited by ChiDragon