Baguakid

Yin Qi vs Yang Qi

Hmmm ... me thinks we need to get back to basics and start again.

OK .... YIN:

vagina.jpg

And .... YANG:

danxia_UNESCO_mainTan_Qingju_1.jpg

Let's continue from there shall we?

24.gif

• Like 1

Hmmm ... me thinks we need to get back to basics and start again.

OK .... YIN:

vagina.jpg

And .... YANG:

danxia_UNESCO_mainTan_Qingju_1.jpg

Let's continue from there shall we?

24.gif

:lol:

Doesn't the rock generally come before the flower though?

(All puns intended)

:)

Here is an example.

The orb of the sun or moon or any planet would not exist without the gravity that is holding it's pieces together. There is no way for it to form.

Without the pieces to be held together there is no orb because well . . . there is nothing to be held together.

from what i've learned, yang chi is hot and yin chi is cool. for myself, i cannot detect the differences in chi temperature but i'm certain that my senses are not yet keen enough to differentiate the two.

from what i've learned, yang chi is hot and yin chi is cool. for myself, i cannot detect the differences in chi temperature but i'm certain that my senses are not yet keen enough to differentiate the two.

By your description, you have felt the chi temperature. If you do not put too much emphasis on Chi in your thinking, then you will know the difference in Chi. Yang Chi was only a description for HOT in words; and same thing goes for COOL, Yin Chi was only a description for COOL. If you can feel the heat, it was said to be that you are feeling the Yang Chi. Same thing goes for COOL.

FYI...

The character 氣(Chi) was used for many many descriptions of different things by the Chinese. Pleas try to distinguish its meaning wisely by not trying to abide by one simple definition as "energy" as most people do.

• Like 1

Hi, people. Let's keep everything straight. If we want to learned the real stuff, let's do it right.

The SKY is YANG and the Earth is YIN. Please consult with the YI JING.

乾(qian2): Heaven is the YANG-est of them all.

坤(kun1): Earth is the YIN-est of them all.

If people treat them both ways, then which definition are we going to abide by...??? You guys are making it confuse as hell.

• Like 1

Interesting,...so it appears I was correct,...Geb = earth = yang, while Nut = sky = yin.

No, sorry, I was trying to explain that you cannot make equations like this.

Also I think I should point out that in the Chinese Tradition Heaven (sky) = yang and Earth is yin (see trigrams in I Ching etc.).

Making correspondences between systems (e.g. China and Egypt) is confusing without first properly defining the terms involved (and even then ....) ... inverting basic principles in any system based on your own ideas is even more likely to confuse.

I have also heard the earth is yin, although I haven't had any evidence or experience to verify that claim.

What would make earth yin and another planet yang? What is the difference?

Is it at all possible that both aspects are present to make earth a possibility even?

What is earth without sky, what is a sky without earth?

These are honest questions, not an argument.

I have also heard the earth is yin, although I haven't had any evidence or experience to verify that claim.

What would make earth yin and another planet yang? What is the difference?

Is it at all possible that both aspects are present to make earth a possibility even?

What is earth without sky, what is a sky without earth?

These are honest questions, not an argument.

All Form is essentially Yang,...of course the patriarchy does not want you to understand that,...just as the Christian calendar does not want people to understand the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship with it.

The formless is Yin,...just as depicted on the T'ai chi T'u.

"all matter is crystallized or slowed down light" David Bohm

All anti-matter is unwinded, high frequency light.

All matter is winded, low frequency light.

I can guarentee this,...no one can ever understand Who they really are, without understanding Who's Who in duality. That understanding may be simultaneous,...but it must be recognized

Sorry to the bearer of bad news.

V

In tantric practices, yang is described as that which descended from Yin (through compression, converging, imploding) and manifests the outward shape of the penis. Yin ascends from Yang (through dissolution, diverging, exploding) and manifests the inward shape of the vagina.

One could say that the movement of Yang is dissolution, diverging, exploding, thus giving rise to Yin and that the movement of Yin is compression, converging and imploding, giving rise to Yang. The analogy with penises and vaginas is squirting ejaculation at the moment of climax from the male vs contraction of the open channel at the moment of climax in the female.

This is the traditional way of dividing things up, but it is a central aspect of yin/yang theory that they cannot actually be separated.

However, the propaganda of self-proclaimed visionaries continually accommodates the absurd misunderstandings of duality. One of these visionaries wrote that male yang is "explosive, centrifugal, warming, destructuring, and dissipating, while the female yin is implosive, centripetal, cooling, structuring, and integrative." Once again, these are ego statements, based on a human-centric viewpoint, not nature's reality. How is dissipating or destructuring warming? How is implosiveness and structuring cooling? These people only encourage a world in which people consider non sequiturs meaningful.

The statement is not that dissipating and destructuring are warming, but that they are an aspect of warmness (it tends to dissipate and destructure faster than coldness does). In living systems this doesn't necessarily follow, though. There are appropriate middle grounds between cold and warmth, where both structuring and destructuring can go on in a way that maintains the expression of life. Both structuring and destructing are necessary, and neither can operate efficiently if there is too much warmth or cold. If there is too much cold the structure of that particular experience of life is lost and is replaced by the structuring of solidity/crystalization. If there is too much warmth the destructuring processes of that particular experience of life are lost and are replaced by the destructuring of chemical combustion or more extreme forms of destructuring.

I do like the viewpoint of space as Yin and form as Yang, though this in no way negates the opposite view to me. It is more like there are inner and outer meanings. Some Yin/Yang diagrams represent this:

ZhoushiTaijitu.png

The diagram below the red circle is an example of this. At one level it is Yang, and deeper it is Yin and then deeper it is Yang again, and deeper still it is neither. This might be a representation of a post-heaven state of affairs, since it shows an opposition of Fire and Water, instead of pure Yin and Yang. I say that it shows an opposition of Fire and Water because in the Yijing, the fire trigram is made of two Yang lines surrounding a Yin line, and the water trigram is made of two Yin lines surrounding a Yang, which is what we have in the diagram, with Fire on the left and Water on the right.

I like that the center is not white or black in this diagram. Some diagrams have the center as white, which I assume to be a reference to "True Yang". I think its ridiculous to call the center either Yin or Yang, since they always contain one another, just as it is ridiculous to say that it is either still or moving. But there is a point at which there is no differentiation, where one cannot say if things are one way or another, so it makes sense to have this center that is neither Yin nor Yang.

Yin condenses from the sky, forming yang/earth; like expanded cold multiples into heat. It appears obvious that your predisposition as to the reality of duality is fixed within a patriarchial viewpoint.

Yin is cold formless, sky; and yang is hot form, earth,...we could reverse the names yin to yang,...but cold, formless, sky, unwinding, exhalation, unfolded, diverging, etc., will always be synonymous with each other,....just as hot form, earth, winding, inhalation, folded, converging, will be the opposite synonyms.

As I mentioned, perhaps that book on light will better help understand Who's Who in Duality.

http://www.archive.o...fLight_djvu.txt

Come find me afterwards, and will have a real dialogue.

... <snip>

I see you have decided what I believe and that it is based on a "patriarchial viewpoint". Egyptian culture was a form of patriarchy I suppose ... but it was one in which women had a strong role and many rites and privileges ... and of course the religion had many goddesses including one's which were seen as creatrix (e.g. Neith). So I don't see how my describing accurately what the Egyptians were saying gives me a particularly patriarchial view point.

Oh and what does " like expanded cold multiples into heat" actually mean?

My view of T'ai chi T'u is not human-centric, but the point of view of duality itself. For example,...a typical human-centric point of view is that light moves 186k mps,...however, from light's point of view, it moves no distance, in no time, thus has no need for speed.

If anyone reads the book mentioned, I'll be glad to continue the dialogue on duality.

I applaud your taking viewpoints beyond human-centric, but if it were not for your human-centric exeprience, how would you have recognized something non-human-centric?

Real understanding works on multiple levels, not just the absolute.

----

I've downloaded the book. It might be awhile before I get to it though.

Well my friend you can have your self-appointed superior view laden with the abstracted concepts you cling to. Far too complicated for mere muck-dwellers like myself.

Would a non-cerebral-centric viewpoint offer such a statement? I accept that you have no interests in this subject beyond what you've predetermined is meaningful and palatable.

"All I know is that my Yang likes to go up and expand whilst my Yin likes to come down and contract." And that delusion is great, for you. Some however may like know that is impossible,...because yang (the centripetal, axial motion of duality) does not expend, and yin (the centrafugal, radial motion of duality) does not contract.

But, in a self-absorbed society, people don't want to see that what they thought was meaningful may actually be meaningless.

V

Would a non-cerebral-centric viewpoint offer such a statement? I accept that you have no interests in this subject beyond what you've predetermined is meaningful and palatable.

"All I know is that my Yang likes to go up and expand whilst my Yin likes to come down and contract." And that delusion is great, for you. Some however may like know that is impossible,...because yang (the centripetal, axial motion of duality) does not expend, and yin (the centrafugal, radial motion of duality) does not contract.

But, in a self-absorbed society, people don't want to see that what they thought was meaningful may actually be meaningless.

V

24.gif

I can see we are going to have fun with you !!!

Oh well ... let's have at it then.

:D

24.gif

I can see we are going to have fun with you !!!

Oh well ... let's have at it then.

:D

I'd prefer to discuss Yin Qi vs Yang Qi,...especially from a Wu Qi point of view.

V