surfingbudda

Stillness-Movement Neigong Review

Read your book, it's so-so, IMO. There are some nice ideas in it, good vibes too, however enough material for a critical review also. I'm not sure I would try your system, I'm waiting for the DVD to make up a decision. Although, I have to admit, it should be very good to topple my first impression: apparently not my cup of tea. Our perspective seems too wide apart. I will let you know what i think about the DVD. Take these as 'opinions of a costumer'.

L1

Hey Little1,

Just wanna add my two cents. I practiced the Gift of the Tao DVD 4 weeks prior to attending my first workshop. IMO, in those four weeks I progressed more than any other internal practice I had previously tried. With that said though, after attending the workshop and getting "activated" by Michael, I can say that the power of my Gift of the Tao practice has exponentially increased. Before the workshop I couldn't even imagine what I'm now experiencing when I practice this awesome form. As stated by someone else on this thread, it all depends on "who we are", our current state of being when we approach these methods and teachings. Some people who are so called naturals at this kind of work might get a WHOLE lot out of the DVD when they first start practicing, while others might need to attend a workshop to really start appreciating this system, thats just way things are. On top of that, the key to any practice as Michael so often states is TIME and Effort, no matter which system you choose regardless of how efficient it is requires much time and effort, I suppose its just about getting the best bang for your buck by finding the best spiritual practice to devote your time to. So far with this system I have progressed more than I could have thought possible in such a short span of time practicing, probably doing an average 2 hours combined stillness-movement and Gift of the Tao daily, however I wouldn't be where I'm at now if it wasn't for the time and effort I dedicated to this system. If I had just practiced for a week or two before or even after the workshop and said, "Ya know this practice is not cut out to what my preconceived notions of it would be so I'm gonna quit". Then I would never have achieved all that I have. I coudn't possibly have imagined where this practice has taken me before I went to a workshop and I'm sure if I stop practicing now I will never know or understand where this practice could take me in the future. Actually an exciting thought to me is that I've progressed as much as I have and am not even at the half way mark for the first 100 days :lol: . I'm only writing all this to speak from personal experience and clarify that IMHO there is no magic potion to drink and instantly become spiritually enlightened, any real progress requires the personal dedication and willingness to try, basically you get what you put in :)

Good luck to your practice and personal journey, I hope you find what you seek and pursue it with your true heart.

Light,

Surfingbudda

• Like 3

Hey Little1,

Hey surfingbuddha, nice name btw!

Happy to see you're doing allright, same goes for @wtm, sorry i forgot to reply.

I've been envolved in a couple of other practices, and in time learned to ask myself key questions before going into any new one, and usually i have the (obnoxious) tendency to challenge/provoke the teacher (You do not truly know someone until you fight them - Seraph said). In China it seems this is a skill that's part of the survival kit of proficient seeker, and it's always legit to use it, nobody minds - it's called yanshi 验师'verifying the teacher' - by whatever adequate means you find suitable. Sometimes you do it right, sometimes you don't, sometimes you find gold, sometimes not. One other thing i learned (the hard way) to wonder about is if the sensations that occur really have the significance they are associated with.

Usually, if what i 'find' is not adequate to my 'constitution',(or myself adequate to it), or if i can't combine it with my main practice, i pass it on to my fellow friends and practitioners... and they pass it on, and so on. So the dvd won't go to waste one way or another.

I try not to see things in black and white, i'm dissociating the teaching from the teacher usually, see outside the charisma, and see beyond the principles;

i try to learn from anybody i meet, anyone can be a medium through which life itself could convey a message.

This is why i try not to pass good or bad judgements, and think more in terms of adequate or not to what i need. I'll let you know how it went about, ok?

• Like 1

(obnoxious) tendency to challenge/provoke the teacher (You do not truly know someone until you fight them - Seraph said). In China it seems this is a skill that's part of the survival kit of proficient seeker, and it's always legit to use it, nobody minds - it's called yanshi 验师'verifying the teacher' - by whatever adequate means you find suitable.

Actually 'obnoxious' is correct. 验师 yanshi is all too often grossly misunderstood by westerners who approach such things VERY differently. I have heard from Chinese teachers directly as well as from their disciples plenty of stories of disrespectful people (not just westerners) who do this, usually even if they hang on as a student they have closed the door to real teaching as the teacher is not interested in them after their conduct. I cannot say that your comment underlined above is correct from my experience at all. Your phrase...

Sometimes you do it right, sometimes you don't,

Is spot on. There is verifying and there is veryfying.

Just my experience anyhoo.

Best,

• Like 3

Ah, come on now. You know you're just telling porkies, he read it all in a book :P:D

Hugs,

SM

...well actually there was this girl who's uncle was friends with someone who's great aunt knew this Chinese Guy who, while not actually knowing qigong, knew about qigong and could pronounce the word properly.

Join us for Neigong in Terre Haute, Indiana August 20th,21st and 22nd and I will introduce you to the girl, well, not actually the girl but a friend who knows...

Hey Little1,

Just wanna add my two cents. I practiced the Gift of the Tao DVD 4 weeks prior to attending my first workshop. IMO, in those four weeks I progressed more than any other internal practice I had previously tried. With that said though, after attending the workshop and getting "activated" by Michael, I can say that the power of my Gift of the Tao practice has exponentially increased. Before the workshop I couldn't even imagine what I'm now experiencing when I practice this awesome form. As stated by someone else on this thread, it all depends on "who we are", our current state of being when we approach these methods and teachings. Some people who are so called naturals at this kind of work might get a WHOLE lot out of the DVD when they first start practicing, while others might need to attend a workshop to really start appreciating this system, thats just way things are. On top of that, the key to any practice as Michael so often states is TIME and Effort, no matter which system you choose regardless of how efficient it is requires much time and effort, I suppose its just about getting the best bang for your buck by finding the best spiritual practice to devote your time to. So far with this system I have progressed more than I could have thought possible in such a short span of time practicing, probably doing an average 2 hours combined stillness-movement and Gift of the Tao daily, however I wouldn't be where I'm at now if it wasn't for the time and effort I dedicated to this system. If I had just practiced for a week or two before or even after the workshop and said, "Ya know this practice is not cut out to what my preconceived notions of it would be so I'm gonna quit". Then I would never have achieved all that I have. I coudn't possibly have imagined where this practice has taken me before I went to a workshop and I'm sure if I stop practicing now I will never know or understand where this practice could take me in the future. Actually an exciting thought to me is that I've progressed as much as I have and am not even at the half way mark for the first 100 days :lol: . I'm only writing all this to speak from personal experience and clarify that IMHO there is no magic potion to drink and instantly become spiritually enlightened, any real progress requires the personal dedication and willingness to try, basically you get what you put in :)

Good luck to your practice and personal journey, I hope you find what you seek and pursue it with your true heart.

Light,

Surfingbudda

I put in bold one of your very true statements. You are doing quite well in your practice.

I try not to see things in black and white, i'm dissociating the teaching from the teacher usually, see outside the charisma, and see beyond the principles;

EXACTLY! The Teacher in this case is simply a cog in the wheel showing how to do the patterns. It is the energetic patterns and associated energetics themselves that are the important thing.

So many times a Teacher's charisma, especially here in the USA, comes across as what many seekers are looking for instead of the system itself. Many times also the more "mysterious" and unreachable the Teacher is the better (definitely if you can't speak directly to him/her but to only one of the students it MUST be a better system, right?). Never understood that. That is why I am a simple country boy who by the strangest set of coincidences had an amazing opportunity to meet an highly accomplished man who asked me to teach others his methods. The Gift of the Tao movements are only another way of doing Stillness-Movement and were contributed to by the wisdom of Teachers Wang Juemin and Y.W.Chang (always called himself Chen Pan Ling's senior student). Master Wang approved the movement system before its release.

• Like 3

Actually 'obnoxious' is correct. 验师 yanshi is all too often grossly misunderstood by westerners who approach such things VERY differently.

Just my experience anyhoo.

Best,

I'd love to hear your experience, i may have alot to learn from it.

I'd love to hear your experience, i may have alot to learn from it.

I do not have the time to write anything lengthy. But the gist was in my last post. My experience has been different to the implications suggested in your statements, and so I commented.

The short of it is I have lost count of the times when I have been told either first hand or second hand (so either from the master/teacher themselves or a disciple (Japanese and Chinese)) about when someone came to check them out and decided to "verify" the teacher. Even if they were humbled and decided they wanted to study under the teacher they were often not taught openly. Sometimes they were even taught incorrectly, or fed ambiguous statements or largely ignored.

So while it is fine to verify so to speak (and plenty of teachers do not mind, as it shows something in the student beyond simply passive acceptance), there is a way to do it and a way not to and the implications are about which doors you are closing or opening with that teacher. The reason I posted was simply I have heard far more accounts of this in the negative and hardly any that come out in the favour or those trying to "verify".

Whether this is in fact different from your understanding or not I have no idea, but I felt your statements may mis-lead others who have less experience and my post was primarily for them rather than your re-education. So apologies if my post implied anything else.

Best,

• Like 2

...well actually there was this girl who's uncle was friends with someone who's great aunt knew this Chinese Guy who, while not actually knowing qigong, knew about qigong and could pronounce the word properly.

I think my cousins friend met her dad once, I might be wrong, but I'm sure he mentioned this 'chee' stuff once....

EXACTLY! The Teacher in this case is simply a cog in the wheel showing how to do the patterns. It is the energetic patterns and associated energetics themselves that are the important thing.

So many times a Teacher's charisma, especially here in the USA, comes across as what many seekers are looking for instead of the system itself.

Very interesting indeed.

Best,

Whether this is in fact different from your understanding or not I have no idea, but I felt your statements may mis-lead others who have less experience and my post was primarily for them rather than your re-education. So apologies if my post implied anything else.

Best,

Of course it has it's risks (even crossing the street has it's risks), however, you may understand, I find it all the way more riskier to trust anyone who pretend they Know, and this is even more so in the case of Western masters... you shared some interesting thoughts nonetheless, thanks!

..anyone who pretend they Know, and this is even more so in the case of Western masters....

Oh, I have seen just as many Eastern "masters" who pretended as Western "masters". A non-exclusive club. One example of such are Eastern scholars who come over here to the west, dress in business suits or silks...market "qigong" which has very little to do with qigong. The problem here is, because those guys are Chinese or from other Asian countries, the public automatically accepts what they are presenting as the real thing versus what a an accomplished Western practitioner presents because they "look the part". Whole cults are based on it.

• Like 1

Oh, I have seen just as many Eastern "masters" who pretended as Western "masters". A non-exclusive club. One example of such are Eastern scholars who come over here to the west, dress in business suits or silks...market "qigong" which has very little to do with qigong. The problem here is, because those guys are Chinese or from other Asian countries, the public automatically accepts what they are presenting as the real thing versus what a an accomplished Western practitioner presents because they "look the part". Whole cults are based on it.

I agree. This is why i kinda 'started' the subject of yanshi. It seems we know next to nothing about it in the West, and forces conspire so that the situation remains this way :lol:

I agree. This is why i kinda 'started' the subject of yanshi. It seems we know next to nothing about it in the West, and forces conspire so that the situation remains this way :lol:

Also, don't think this "pretend master" is not very prevalent in China. I observed over 5,000 people being fooled by this one charlatan "qigong master". It was atrocious.

• Like 1

@Ya Mu. Question.

Do you have any experience with Taichi ? And if yes what do you think of it. Is it good for anything ?(I don't care about its martial art application)....

Thank you.

Also, don't think this "pretend master" is not very prevalent in China. I observed over 5,000 people being fooled by this one charlatan "qigong master". It was atrocious.

Reality has many layers, many of them illusiory, easily manipulable by the shishen, 'the mundane mind'. If one does it believing in it truely as being 'qigong', does this make one 'charlatan'? There are many aware deceivers, as there are many unaware ones. You can't afford not being too careful.

Reality has many layers, many of them illusiory, easily manipulable by the shishen, 'the mundane mind'. If one does it believing in it truely as being 'qigong', does this make one 'charlatan'? There are many aware deceivers, as there are many unaware ones. You can't afford not being too careful.

Yes, I do think the word "charlatan" fit him quite aptly, whether or not he believed what he was doing. A charlatan trained by a charlatan is still a charlatan. IMO, continuity of myths is just as bad as intentionally deceiving because somewhere inside the myth there is deception.

• Like 1

Hey surfingbuddha, nice name btw!

Happy to see you're doing allright, same goes for @wtm, sorry i forgot to reply.

I've been envolved in a couple of other practices, and in time learned to ask myself key questions before going into any new one, and usually i have the (obnoxious) tendency to challenge/provoke the teacher (You do not truly know someone until you fight them - Seraph said). In China it seems this is a skill that's part of the survival kit of proficient seeker, and it's always legit to use it, nobody minds - it's called yanshi 验师'verifying the teacher' - by whatever adequate means you find suitable. Sometimes you do it right, sometimes you don't, sometimes you find gold, sometimes not. One other thing i learned (the hard way) to wonder about is if the sensations that occur really have the significance they are associated with.

Usually, if what i 'find' is not adequate to my 'constitution',(or myself adequate to it), or if i can't combine it with my main practice, i pass it on to my fellow friends and practitioners... and they pass it on, and so on. So the dvd won't go to waste one way or another.

i try to learn from anybody i meet, anyone can be a medium through which life itself could convey a message.

This is why i try not to pass good or bad judgements, and think more in terms of adequate or not to what i need. I'll let you know how it went about, ok?

Hey Little1,

Sounds like you know what your doing :lol: .

"I try to learn from anybody i meet, anyone can be a medium through which life itself could convey a message.

This is why i try not to pass good or bad judgements, and think more in terms of adequate or not to what i need."

I definitely agree with this statement, Life is just one big lesson anyways ^_^ , and what one person is meant to learn this time around certainly isn't the exact same as some other guy.

Peace,

Surfingbudda

• Like 1

@Ya Mu. Question.

Do you have any experience with Taichi ? And if yes what do you think of it. Is it good for anything ?(I don't care about its martial art application)....

Thank you.

Its great exercise and a brutally devastating martial art. You will have to decide for yourself if you want to practice it. For me, since I was not interested in practicing the martial aspect, I compared the efficiency of Gift of the Tao movements and the Tai Jee form I was practicing from an energetics standpoint. And due to time that I had to practice, chose to do Gift of the Tao because to me there was really no comparison as far as energetics were concerned. I think everyone has to determine that for themselves. Note here that I don't think Tao's Gift has any martial applications, other than it would keep a martial artist energized just like it would anyone else. I confess I still play around with the Tai Jee on odd occasions and do intellectually remember the martial applications of many of the moves, but that is not practicing it. If I had nothing else to do all day and night, I would probably practice many of the Chinese arts. As a healer and a Teacher I have to concentrate on what I do, and that is energy manipulation. Therefore I need the highest efficiency energetic system possible. Stillness-Movement (and Tao's Gift) is that system.

edit: You asked did I have any experience with it.

Just a bit. I studied with Y. W. Chang (who always called himself Chen Pan Ling's senior student) for a very few years and practiced for a few more years after that.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

Oh, I have had to browse through this discussion and ponder what thoughts I might add.

from a teachers perspective - I have to agree with snowmonki regarding a student that presses the teacher in what I would regard as a disrespectful manner being in danger of either receiving NO Teaching, In Correct Teaching, or never receiving the core information that would make that system of knowledge truly useful. I am first speaking from a martial arts point of view. i have studied with several top Masters - (the Late) professor Wally Jay, (the late) Professor Remy Presas, Professor George Dillman, Grandmaster William Higginbotham, Grandmaster David Gonzales. I can assure you that none of these individuals would tolerate someone challenging their manner of teaching. Ask all the questions that you want -- they will answer, tell them or the world that what they are offering is bullfeathers and most of them would tell you to leave and not bother them. Choose to stay and bother them -- and God help you. I am reminded of a fellow that challenged Professor Dillman -- his brazilian fighting skill was superior to Professors and he was willing to show him at one of Professors seminars -- disrespectful trying to make the teacher look bad -- and as the person found out a bad idea. So, this person tried to take Professor down so he could choke him out, Professor damn near broke the guys neck as he threw him across the room with a move from a Kata out of the Art (Kempo) that we train in. I have not seen this fellow back at seminars and due to his attitude he has missed out on the opportunity to learn the bunkai/tuite contained in Kempo. Yes, he can study elsewhere, but, if he keeps his attitude he will NEVER be shown anything that would be considered a SECRET of the system. YES, there are secrets that are only shared with the most trusted students.

Now - in regards to the questions that have arisen about Certification and "Transmission" of knowledge... I believe I should begin with saying that I have been through Michael Lomax's Certification Program. I was first looking at a Certification by a different well known Qigong teacher and found that the cost of the other program was quite a bit more pricey than Michaels. But, price isn't everything -- getting useful knowledge that you can use in your life is what we are really talking about aren't we. So if the pricey one -- charged $50,000 but his was System was the Holy Grail and Michaels Stillness-Movement costs $1000 to be in the Certification Program and your seminar costs is reduced by $50 per seminar so it might roughly equal out to the $1000 investment over time, but his system doesn't compare to the Holy Grail then cheaper wasn't better.

However, I've been involved in Martial Arts for 35+ years -- studied with what many would agree are outstanding Masters of their Art. I believe I can recognize a great teacher when I hear them present and when i practice what they have taught me. I do mean practice...I don't mean I read the book and tried it 10 times and it didn't work. No, I mean put some real time and effort behind what I am doing -- hours per day, I start to see results and i will increase the time I spend practicing. from the very 1st class/seminar that i studied with Michael Lomax I was able to do Medical Qigong. The cases that came to me in the early days of my study were pretty much simple cases - Headache, Neck pain, Shoulder Pain, Sprained Ankle. However, from the beginning my treatment results were amazing -- usually 100% response rate -- where i would make a significant difference - headache gone, no more neck pain etc. I just needed to listen/pay attention and even though a person might be telling someone else about their pain - if the spirit moved me to offer to help then I would offer to help. Now almost 4 years later the cases that I get are much more complicated - Lou Gehrig's Disease, Bone cancer, Severe Hip Pain - requiring a hip replacement, Post stroke Patient. These cases have become more complicated because my ability to treat them has grown and grown and grown with each additional seminar I have attended.

I have never failed to learn something new at each seminar. Sometimes its just a reminder of what I've already learned -- a tool that I had in my tool box that I wasn't using. Then within days of the workshop -- I will encounter someone that will need me to use this technique on their case. This is where the book is most helpful. Most people will read the book and think OK that was interesting. But how many will actually take their investment to the next level. Read the book, attend a workshop -- then you have that AH Ha experience -- thats what he was talking about. Then re-read the book and start learning the info and using it in you daily life. The Medical Qigong techniques are priceless! I have outlined each technique complete with an outline of the body, the channels being treated etc as a reminder. Then when i have a case - for instance an Asthma Patient -- I review the info prior to treatment (you can read a previous post about this case report) and my results have baffled many Medical Doctors in my community (I treat mostly Medical Doctors, Nurses, or the Doctors staff)

For me, settling on Michael Lomax and Stillness-Movement was easy -- I know a good teacher when i come acroos one. I had been around others that thought they knew Qigong -- but I wasn't feeling anything -- I went home and tried over and over. However, from the beginning i could feel the Qi and while he was projecting to me (at the time I didn't realize he was projecting - he was behind me during Standing Stillness) I was bouncing all over the place, I thought I had lost my ability to stand still -- heck i was an accomplished Martial Artist I had great balance, as i swerved in all directions. But, it was about the 3rd or 4th seminar in which Michale projected energy to me that I finally got it...I SAW THE KNOWLEDGE IN THE ENERGY, IT WAS LIKE THE END OF A MOVIE REEL -- ZOOM it went by and thought- what the hell was that? Then I understood that this is a true lineage in which the info is passed on energetically and you get the info that you have earned on each projection.

This is Kung Fu man -- Time and Effort. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort -- then don't. If you just want to dabble in this and that -- then go ahead it doesn't really matter to me as you are the one missing out. But, perhaps you aren't meant to be part of this lineage -- only you know for sure

The Certification program, though, is well worth the investment and i am proud to say that I Am Certified by Michael Lomax. I am also committed to doing all i can to help keep Michael from retiring -- the firing is burning deep inside me and this is one of my greatest accomplishments to date.

Thanks for reading.

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 8

Oh, I have had to browse through this discussion and ponder what thoughts I might add.

from a teachers perspective - I have to agree with snowmonki regarding a student that presses the teacher in what I would regard as a disrespectful manner being in danger of either receiving NO Teaching, In Correct Teaching, or never receiving the core information that would make that system of knowledge truly useful. I am first speaking from a martial arts point of view. i have studied with several top Masters - (the Late) professor Wally Jay, (the late) Professor Remy Presas, Professor George Dillman, Grandmaster William Higginbotham, Grandmaster David Gonzales. I can assure you that none of these individuals would tolerate someone challenging their manner of teaching. Ask all the questions that you want -- they will answer, tell them or the world that what they are offering is bullfeathers and most of them would tell you to leave and not bother them. Choose to stay and bother them -- and God help you. I am reminded of a fellow that challenged Professor Dillman -- his brazilian fighting skill was superior to Professors and he was willing to show him at one of Professors seminars -- disrespectful trying to make the teacher look bad -- and as the person found out a bad idea. So, this person tried to take Professor down so he could choke him out, Professor damn near broke the guys neck as he threw him across the room with a move from a Kata out of the Art (Kempo) that we train in. I have not seen this fellow back at seminars and due to his attitude he has missed out on the opportunity to learn the bunkai/tuite contained in Kempo. Yes, he can study elsewhere, but, if he keeps his attitude he will NEVER be shown anything that would be considered a SECRET of the system. YES, there are secrets that are only shared with the most trusted students.

Now - in regards to the questions that have arisen about Certification and "Transmission" of knowledge... I believe I should begin with saying that I have been through Michael Lomax's Certification Program. I was first looking at a Certification by a different well known Qigong teacher and found that the cost of the other program was quite a bit more pricey than Michaels. But, price isn't everything -- getting useful knowledge that you can use in your life is what we are really talking about aren't we. So if the pricey one -- charged $50,000 but his was System was the Holy Grail and Michaels Stillness-Movement costs $1000 to be in the Certification Program and your seminar costs is reduced by $50 per seminar so it might roughly equal out to the $1000 investment over time, but his system doesn't compare to the Holy Grail then cheaper wasn't better.

However, I've been involved in Martial Arts for 35+ years -- studied with what many would agree are outstanding Masters of their Art. I believe I can recognize a great teacher when I hear them present and when i practice what they have taught me. I do mean practice...I don't mean I read the book and tried it 10 times and it didn't work. No, I mean put some real time and effort behind what I am doing -- hours per day, I start to see results and i will increase the time I spend practicing. from the very 1st class/seminar that i studied with Michael Lomax I was able to do Medical Qigong. The cases that came to me in the early days of my study were pretty much simple cases - Headache, Neck pain, Shoulder Pain, Sprained Ankle. However, from the beginning my treatment results were amazing -- usually 100% response rate -- where i would make a significant difference - headache gone, no more neck pain etc. I just needed to listen/pay attention and even though a person might be telling someone else about their pain - if the spirit moved me to offer to help then I would offer to help. Now almost 4 years later the cases that I get are much more complicated - Lou Gehrig's Disease, Bone cancer, Severe Hip Pain - requiring a hip replacement, Post stroke Patient. These cases have become more complicated because my ability to treat them has grown and grown and grown with each additional seminar I have attended.

I have never failed to learn something new at each seminar. Sometimes its just a reminder of what I've already learned -- a tool that I had in my tool box that I wasn't using. Then within days of the workshop -- I will encounter someone that will need me to use this technique on their case. This is where the book is most helpful. Most people will read the book and think OK that was interesting. But how many will actually take their investment to the next level. Read the book, attend a workshop -- then you have that AH Ha experience -- thats what he was talking about. Then re-read the book and start learning the info and using it in you daily life. The Medical Qigong techniques are priceless! I have outlined each technique complete with an outline of the body, the channels being treated etc as a reminder. Then when i have a case - for instance an Asthma Patient -- I review the info prior to treatment (you can read a previous post about this case report) and my results have baffled many Medical Doctors in my community (I treat mostly Medical Doctors, Nurses, or the Doctors staff)

For me, settling on Michael Lomax and Stillness-Movement was easy -- I know a good teacher when i come acroos one. I had been around others that thought they knew Qigong -- but I wasn't feeling anything -- I went home and tried over and over. However, from the beginning i could feel the Qi and while he was projecting to me (at the time I didn't realize he was projecting - he was behind me during Standing Stillness) I was bouncing all over the place, I thought I had lost my ability to stand still -- heck i was an accomplished Martial Artist I had great balance, as i swerved in all directions. But, it was about the 3rd or 4th seminar in which Michale projected energy to me that I finally got it...I SAW THE KNOWLEDGE IN THE ENERGY, IT WAS LIKE THE END OF A MOVIE REEL -- ZOOM it went by and thought- what the hell was that? Then I understood that this is a true lineage in which the info is passed on energetically and you get the info that you have earned on each projection.

This is Kung Fu man -- Time and Effort. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort -- then don't. If you just want to dabble in this and that -- then go ahead it doesn't really matter to me as you are the one missing out. But, perhaps you aren't meant to be part of this lineage -- only you know for sure

The Certification program, though, is well worth the investment and i am proud to say that I Am Certified by Michael Lomax. I am also committed to doing all i can to help keep Michael from retiring -- the firing is burning deep inside me and this is one of my greatest accomplishments to date.

Thanks for reading.

Brion

Kempomaster

Yes, it is what a person puts into it. No effort all talk - no results. Effort - results.

Thanks for mentioning the information based energetics, so many do not understand this. See you in Terre Haute in August.

Yes! Neigong in London.

• Like 1

But, it was about the 3rd or 4th seminar in which Michale projected energy to me that I finally got it...I SAW THE KNOWLEDGE IN THE ENERGY, IT WAS LIKE THE END OF A MOVIE REEL -- ZOOM it went by and thought- what the hell was that? Then I understood that this is a true lineage in which the info is passed on energetically and you get the info that you have earned on each projection.

Will someone explain more on this? How do you see knowledge? Were you able to learn something from the energy alone...if so, care to share an example?

Yes, it is what a person puts into it. No effort all talk - no results.

What about 'awareness'?

From an intellectual standpoint, the movements in the DVD are far from impressive. I recognized some movements as inspired by the magical passes, some of them from popular chi kung, I think they represent your personal development of the two arts, which is nice. Makes me wonder if we aren't supposed to do the same, regardless of the practice - that is, to 'adapt' it to your Self.

At the Heart level, that was where most of the 'action' was felt. For my system of interpretation, this means that the Qi that they work with is houtian, post heavenly Qi. The movements 'polarize' the Qi from the environment, and gather it into different structures, according to the Intention. There is a sensation of 'permeability', the Qi of the body and the environmental Qi blending into one another.

Physically, the movements are light and easy, flexible and almost playful. They don't have the seriousness of a karate kata, or a wushu daolu, they are wide and stretching, and extend beyond the physical.

BTW, i didn't practiced (i don't intend to, until i figure out the compatibility with what i practice now), these are just some... 'observations'.

PS: just when i wanted to post it, the internet connection failed. Could this 'mean' something? Then it quickly restored... so i guess this message is a go.

What about 'awareness'?

From an intellectual standpoint, the movements in the DVD are far from impressive. I recognized some movements as inspired by the magical passes, some of them from popular chi kung, I think they represent your personal development of the two arts, which is nice. Makes me wonder if we aren't supposed to do the same, regardless of the practice - that is, to 'adapt' it to your Self.

At the Heart level, that was where most of the 'action' was felt. For my system of interpretation, this means that the Qi that they work with is houtian, post heavenly Qi. The movements 'polarize' the Qi from the environment, and gather it into different structures, according to the Intention. There is a sensation of 'permeability', the Qi of the body and the environmental Qi blending into one another.

Physically, the movements are light and easy, flexible and almost playful. They don't have the seriousness of a karate kata, or a wushu daolu, they are wide and stretching, and extend beyond the physical.

BTW, i didn't practiced (i don't intend to, until i figure out the compatibility with what i practice now), these are just some... 'observations'.

PS: just when i wanted to post it, the internet connection failed. Could this 'mean' something? Then it quickly restored... so i guess this message is a go.

Awareness comes from raising the energy body vibration. The veils are pierced and filters are burned through in this state. The Gift of Tao movements are energy patterns as seen while in a high vibratory state from practicing Stillness-Movement neigong sitting-sleeping-dreaming (in that order). So really they are reverse Stillness-Movement and will induce Stillness-Movement. In dreamtime they appeared as massive swirling multi-hued patterns. It took me about 15 years to translate these into physical movements. Of course they appear intellectually non-impressive as intellectualism is of the linear mind whereas the movements approach the non-linear.

I have never seen any "magical passes" but quite possibly they were derived from qigong.

All qigong movement will have some similarities, but what is important is the efficiency from the vibratory state induced.

• Like 1

The Gift of Tao movements are energy patterns as seen while in a high vibratory state from practicing Stillness-Movement neigong sitting-sleeping-dreaming (in that order).

Just to add to this. I was watching an interesting show the other day on recent discoveries in the field of physics. What caught my eye was that physicists have just discovered that galaxies actually revolve around eachother in the same exact atomic symbol pattern that we see particles do at the subatomic level. This instantly reminded me of the Gift of the Tao move that resembles the atomic symbol form, these truly are reoccurring patterns found throughout all of nature :lol: . Heres also a really cool video of a wave pendulum showing all sorts of cool natural patterns My link, at one point it turns into a double helix shape which definitely reminds me of the DNA Movement from Gift of the Tao ^_^

Will someone explain more on this? How do you see knowledge? Were you able to learn something from the energy alone...if so, care to share an example?

I apologize that it has taken me a few days to answer your question...and it may take me more than one post to actually get to the root of the knowledge in the energy.

First, I see different images during stillness-movement and when I am getting energy projected to me from Michael. What I saw -- as my previous statement said -- was like the end of a movie reel -- symbols etc flash by in an instant, so what flashed by appeared to be symbols and writings that I didn't recognize -- almost looked like arabic text, thus, my reaction - "what the hell was that?" Then i started to piece the puzzle together, every time I attend a workshop - we practice Stillness, Gift of the Tao, other Qigong, and learn new medical Techniques - and almost without fail - I will run into someone (within days of the workshop) that will benefit from me utilizing the technique(s) that I was just taught. So, when we are healing others - we project energy with INTENT -- them same is true with the Teacher projecting Energy to the student -- but on a much higher level. The energy projection contains the knowledge contained in the Lineage and each person will be ready for a certain amount of knowledge at each successive workshop.

Sometimes we are working on a problem -- be it complex or otherwise -- suddenly -- we can see the answer to our problem. So, the question was asked -- did i learn from what I saw -- YES, YES, and YES I learned from what I saw. Many times when I am working a healing - I will get a direction -- almost like a voice that tells me -- do this, now do this - now the healing is done. Check with the patient -- wow - they will say I feel so much better. I have watched many other "Healers" that are long-time students of Michael -- and they have the same ability -- know where to start with a patient, know when to switch to a different type of energy projection, and know when the work is done. This "Knowing" comes from the Lineage and the energy projections from the Teacher (Michael) that have the info energetically encoded in the system. The more one practices, the bigger and better their connection is with the lineage and the more aha moments they will have.

So - did I see knowledge. YES -- but knowledge is sort of abstract -- we know we have it, but we can't hold it in our hands . Sure a book -- but that's written words -- the knowledge is contained in those words and it's not our knowledge until we digest it. The put it to use,

Now, I recognize the energy projection -- when it comes my way -- and understand it is often pure knowledge of the Stillness-Movement Lineage for me to use when I am ready.

I hope this helps to explain the enrgetic phenomena that I experienced.

Thanks

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 3