Non

taoist lovemaking and karezza

Actually, the prob in perception is this: women use the excuse that since they believe all men cheat and that it's "empirically" ok for men to cheat that she can cheat. Thus it makes it OK but not ok for the man because usually that woman would not want a man to cheat on her.

Well maybe some don't care.

This goes for pretty much any argument that : "because ALL guys do it I can" even though not ALL men do this, only SOME.

OK this goes for everyone: there's no way you can beat around the bush and blame me for ALL of what women do.

THis makes absolutely no sense. You have got to stop with the women hating. It is just stupid and irrational.

Marken is right, it DOESN'T make ANY sense.

As markern has said, for a long time and in many cultures, women who have a lot of sex do not generate a very high opinion for themselves- they are loose, not good women. Fine to play with, but never with any sort of dignity or respect.

I think you are confusing some different ideas.

In some cultures (I'm thinking very much of the western one here), women are given the attribute of hyper sexuality. Not in the sense that it is "okay" for them to have sex, but in the sense that they are the "weaker" sex- they will succumb to temptation more easily (think eve, the apple, original sin, etc) They can be a little less intelligent as long as they have tho looks to make up for it. They shouldn't have an attitude.

But it's not like this is even really a "good" thing. Society is "okay" with it in the sense that that's "just how women work".

And it's something a lot of women have spent a lot of time fighting against. Though in SOME situations it can be turned to an advantage, overall I wouldn't say it is "acceptable" in the sense that it is not looked down on for people to do it.

Not having seen the video.. I was thinknig about that this morning though at work.

So.. if I don't find a mate in this lifetime that fits me... just continue and maybe in another life I can find one that's right for me. I don't find one simply because: i'm different. I'm on the path of spirituality and that's highly uncommon and people actually look at you like you're crazy, etc. it would take a bit of game playing to find one. Conformity, lust, acheiving greatness etc.

I find it hard to be this way. I also thought about Greatness... I've been inhibiting my growth into being "Great" and acheiving Greatness because of the pressure to be 'absolutely perfect' which is definitely impossible. One can be great but COME ON appreciate the fact that it took quite a bit of damn effort, and so what if I'm not perfect?!

So yes... the last thing I wanted to say.. is that.. relationships is hard. You're not working with someone/thing you exert your will/force on. No... it's influence sure but it does not really seem to depend so much on you as much as it depends on the other person's acceptance of you... or so it seems. It seems.

But again.. I guess I'll stick to solo cultivation then.. and then maybe in another life when it's come I can either create one or by magic of synchronicity or even chemistry I can attract a partner and then we can move on to the next level.

Non, I am amazed and saddened at how you routinely display such lopsided thinking!

On the one hand you say you just don't care, that you are going to just cultivate, but on the other you speak of how people will judge you and think of you- it's obviously a topic that weighs heavily on your mind. Denial and repression, refusal to acknowledge that part of yourself, will not lead to liberation.

You talk about how ridiculous "other people" are, but then you hold yourself to their crazy standards!

Each time you take a step forward, you take a step back.

There are some good points in your post. But there are also points that are just going to weigh you down.

It's why I keep strongly encouraging you to look at your thought patterns and question where they are coming from. Because until you do that, you aren't going to get very far.

I ask myself these questions on a daily basis. There is no working around it. It's all the same.

Then your screwed. Best give up.

BTW some of the assumptions of even karezza are poor, but Seth Ananda, Sloppy, and others have some awesome advice.

Give up the hate/anger/self hate non. You may yet have what you want.

John

• Like 1

I found this very interesting. This Taoist monk talks about relationships. What I found particuarly interesting was where he said the key is not to look outside yourself for the answer, but to develop yourself, and your own energy, and that will naturally attract the right person for you when your ready with out trying too hard. I must admit I have not been doing this lol, but it makes a lot of sense.

This.. is in a nutshell everything I have tried to say.

Dmattwads, man keep posting in your thread. I'm reading.

John

Not having seen the video.. I was thinknig about that this morning though at work.

So.. if I don't find a mate in this lifetime that fits me... just continue and maybe in another life I can find one that's right for me. I don't find one simply because: i'm different. I'm on the path of spirituality and that's highly uncommon and people actually look at you like you're crazy, etc. it would take a bit of game playing to find one. Conformity, lust, acheiving greatness etc.

I find it hard to be this way. I also thought about Greatness... I've been inhibiting my growth into being "Great" and acheiving Greatness because of the pressure to be 'absolutely perfect' which is definitely impossible. One can be great but COME ON appreciate the fact that it took quite a bit of damn effort, and so what if I'm not perfect?!

So yes... the last thing I wanted to say.. is that.. relationships is hard. You're not working with someone/thing you exert your will/force on. No... it's influence sure but it does not really seem to depend so much on you as much as it depends on the other person's acceptance of you... or so it seems. It seems.

But again.. I guess I'll stick to solo cultivation then.. and then maybe in another life when it's come I can either create one or by magic of synchronicity or even chemistry I can attract a partner and then we can move on to the next level.

so why do you let other's definitions or perceptions about "greatness" cloud your own way of living?

relationships are meant to be hard because they are meant to be training for you..

the universe created the concept of relationships as a way of testing your mental and emotional states..

if you do not want to be tested, then take the easy way out..

forego relationships and sex and women..

Well here is part of the problem- seems like you've had some bad experiences with a couple of women. Feeling a bit inadequate?

So everything you do you are not only judging yourself, but you are judging yourself by an impossible, unrealistic, fictitious standard.

She probably judges all guys by some ridiculous standards- none of them are fit enough, none of them are rich enough, none of them are nice enough. Just like all guys have probably judged HER all of HER life- not sexy enough, not willing enough, too clingy, etc etc etc.

Not only that, but you, her, and everybody else carry that memory with them, blow it out of proportion, and allow those mental shadows to judge everything you do in life which will NEVER be good enough.

And so I ask you- WHY????

WHY are you living life for other people?

WHY do you carry those people with you LONG after they leave your physical life?

WHY do you let these disembodied ghosts judge and control a life that they have no part in?

LET THEM GO!

Really? Because I'm sure a lot of fuss has been made about how it's the opposite in the world- if a guy fucks a bunch of women, he's a man. If a woman fucks a bunch of guys, she's a whore.

Nor do all women.

Hugh Hefner is an old guy who most people generally agree is ugly as fuck (even as a young man, he looked like and old man, or so I hear). Yet he enjoys young women. Age don't have nothing to do with it, if your goal in life is to fuck a bunch of bimbos for no reason other than that you can. But you don't want that, you've said so in the past, so why are you still attached to this idea?

So start practicing something that will help you resolve these issues NOW, rather than after aeons. Because if you get bogged down in how bad you feel about yourself, enlightenment will never happen, methinks.

Plenty of energetic practices don't involve dual cultivation. Consult the quote from Arthur Ashe in my sig.

Just because something CAN be the case doesn't mean it will, nor does it mean that you won't get sidetracked and set further back.

He's looking at the Scrabble board right in front of him, about to get a triple word score against the wonderfully intelligent woman with whom he is playing.

What were YOU thinking of????

(New game idea: what IS Seth looking at???? :P)

Hugh looks like shit because he has given up all his energies to women.

I rather focus on looking good and be alone than to have lots of women and yet look like shit.

Ultimately though men suffer perhaps the most because women are increasingly seeing men as being feminine because they are being honest and expressing themselves/being themselves while women see "love" as just a game, sex as a game, that men are here to suffer at the drop of a hat on the woman's fault because "she was not turned on" by him having to Be "the Best", Be the Most Brutal, or simply Being "on Top", etc. all she has to do is sit there and look pretty.. which women naturally are!

Women will increasingly look for more more more, and never be satisfied and men just get what they can.

People like to think their relationships are pure, and that they're pure but then not know what "turns them on", and is the basis of their *initial* attraction. It is not pure, it is in most cases selfish, and brutal if one were to see what's going on, altho natural.

When it comes to intial attraction, unless she's knowledgable, any bonding based interaction will always be overrided against it by her primitive 'fertilization mating program' that is BASED ON NOTHING BUT FEAR AND DRAMA. Nothing but, nothing more than FEAR AND DRAMA. With as MANY guys as they have access to, any single woman, no matter her looks, her personality, simply because they have access to so many guys, and who DOG HER, she has no choice but to give in to the temptation.

Because usually TRUE bonding comes AFTER the initial attraction and she is ALWAYS being bombarded with primitive fertilization mating signals.

A woman and especially young, will never get to realize the fullness of taoist based sexuality or karezza simply because she's having too much fun with herself on the 'normal fertilization based mating program' at the mercy though of the many men who would die at her feet.

The myth that older women are better is just false too. Old and young, women are still slaves to their mammalian brain.

They're always on a hamster wheel of guys and cannot stop running in circles to look outside and just observe, or even see that there's life existing beyond. Too much "fun" in the form of short term thrills which she never runs out of, so who needs to think in long term? Or who needs to think in any term?

And too busy mocking men and criticizing them as being "unmanly" when they simple express themselves and are being honest about the sacredness of their interaction, because they realize that the "normal fertilization based mating program" has simply no concern for goodness in any form.

In fact it is even antagonist to anything truly good or truly life affirming.

Many women are screwed up.

Many men are screwed up.

Why do you even waste your time and energies on such screwed up women or men?

• Like 1

This.. is in a nutshell everything I have tried to say.

Dmattwads, man keep posting in your thread. I'm reading.

John

I agree, that was a really good video. Incredibly well put.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/18420-relationships-and-children-will-only-curb-your-spiritual-cultivation/

The creator created the concept of relationships .. he created this system of man and woman so that every person in the world would be tempted to waste all his energy and time on finding the perfect one.. the twin soul or what's the term for it?

yes.. the "soul mate"

the media and the politicians created the charades of the soul mate because they want you to believe in the lie that one's soul can only be complete by finding one's "soul mate"..

almost every body in the world today is trying to fill the lack of love in themselves.. the void in themselves with love from other people..

the media would have you believe that one can only find the love missing in themselves with love from other people..

however, this is a cosmic lie of the highest order..

one can only "complete one's soul" by "REALIZING" the state of the universe within one self.. no other way..

even if a perfect man or woman appears right this second who will love you in every manner possible, one will always feel lonely and the lack of love in his or her own void unless one can delve deep into the sense of the loneliness...

one can only find true love by seeking the love from the Source deep within themselves...

this is why true enlightenment can only be cultivated in places or countries with low population densities..

one needs to face the demons in their own land in order to eradicate them completely..

one needs to go deep into the VOID in order to be .......

complete...

Edited by bodyoflight

one can only find true love by seeking the love from the Source deep within themselves...

this is why true enlightenment can only be cultivated in places or countries with low population densities..

one needs to face the demons in their own land in order to eradicate them completely..

one needs to go deep into the VOID in order to be .......

Interesting. I guess we're all born feeling incomplete and lacking.

The natural temptation then is to fill this void with another person...or sometimes drugs...or something else.

But, what if we resisted that temptation and just really confronted that void? What are we really missing there? Or what if we ARE that void? And so there is really nothing missing at all?

I mean, how can something not there be so powerful as our driving force in life? Seems like anything that does that must be pretty significant..?

• Like 1

yea but.... the people who get sex, relationships, etc. whatever easily are not even going through any kind of training. And even if they start to cultivate, their bodies are at least somewhat satisfied and they know they can achieve something, they have such confidence to start with.

Then again there's the other view that no matter what, that person will also have to face the same inner demons that a involuntary celibate has to when he does start to cultivate because all the past will be rendered useless.

So I duno.

yea but.... the people who get sex, relationships, etc. whatever easily are not even going through any kind of training. And even if they start to cultivate, their bodies are at least somewhat satisfied and they know they can achieve something, they have such confidence to start with.

Everybody has to work on different aspects of themselves in this life.

Some people just don't have problems getting laid. Approaching a woman, turning up the heat, going back home, gettin' it on, leaving sometime later.

That doesn't mean they are somehow better off- they may be much further behind in other areas than you or anybody else.

What worries me, Non, is that you tend to deal in all absolutes, and you have created a system of hierarchies based on just your perspectives, where someone getting laid is better off than someone who isn't, as if that is the measuring stick, the proof that one can connect to another human being.

But there are many a sexual relationship, many a marriage, many a friendship, that is hollow. A sham.

Then again there's the other view that no matter what, that person will also have to face the same inner demons that a involuntary celibate has to when he does start to cultivate because all the past will be rendered useless.

Everybody has to face their demons, but not everybody has the same demons.

The demons you face will be the worst for you, personally. You will say "why is it this? Why can't I fight a dragon, why can't I battle an army, anything would be better than having to face this!" And someone else will look at you and say "why can't I have Non's problems? At least then I could work something out"

You will be targeted at YOUR weakest point. You can't act according to the scales of others.

Everybody has to work on different aspects of themselves in this life.

Some people just don't have problems getting laid. Approaching a woman, turning up the heat, going back home, gettin' it on, leaving sometime later.

That doesn't mean they are somehow better off- they may be much further behind in other areas than you or anybody else.

What worries me, Non, is that you tend to deal in all absolutes, and you have created a system of hierarchies based on just your perspectives, where someone getting laid is better off than someone who isn't, as if that is the measuring stick, the proof that one can connect to another human being.

But there are many a sexual relationship, many a marriage, many a friendship, that is hollow. A sham.

Everybody has to face their demons, but not everybody has the same demons.

The demons you face will be the worst for you, personally. You will say "why is it this? Why can't I fight a dragon, why can't I battle an army, anything would be better than having to face this!" And someone else will look at you and say "why can't I have Non's problems? At least then I could work something out"

You will be targeted at YOUR weakest point. You can't act according to the scales of others.

This is why cultivation is viewed as a war with yourself.

In war, strategies count for everything.

I have always loved strategy games afterall.

Consdier the fact Non that the most masculine and testosterone driven men are used only for casual sex and are not considred relationship material. Women choose men that have more feminine feutures for relationships because they will bond better and stay faithfull (better oxytocin rpoducation abilities and oxytocin levels to begin with) and because they will be better fathers and better partners because of their ability to love and care. This is SCIENTIFIC FACT. Women still want a large part of masculinity but they REQUIRE a fair chuk of love/empathy ability to enter a relationship with a man.

Also consider the fact that the need for strength in a man for a woman is based on her entirely legitimate need for protection for herself and her baby. If she did not priorotze strength she would DIE in a harsher environment than ours. THrougout most of history this has been the case and so these are the genes woman are carying and there is nothing really to be done about that core fact. So womens need for male strength is totally legitimate and stems for her desire for her BABY to stay safe and survive and grow up. If she chooses a man that is too weak and only knows how to care and love she only gets help with what she already is capablle of doing herself. She needs someone that is able to provide both some protective strength and some masculine abilites such as self assertiveness, ability to be stoic and logical in emotional circumstances, ability to look for soloutions rather than focus on empathy etc. This is because she lacks those types of abilites and togheter they make a stronger and balanced union by combining their oposite abillites. So a man that can only bring femininity or is too weak can not give her anything she needs he would actually just become a burden in the way a child is. She is not able to protect her man but needs this protection from a man. So this is why at the bottom, as a base of atttraction you need some degree of strength to apeal to her. Built on top of that qualitites such as love and care become important and a relationship can be built focusing on that but within a yin yang dynamic where the woman provides a more feminine type of love and care and the man a more masculine type of love and care. Some of this can be harsh but it is actually fair an understandable. The women that chose otehrwise died and did not have their genes carried on and so are not arround today.

Througout history it has been the case that men have had to prove themselves to a larger degree than women in order to find a mate but the flipside of that for women has always been that there is very little she can do to increase her attractiveness, her possibility of choosing how her life becomes has alkmost always been small or non excistant, she has had little ability to protect herself, she has also historically done more work than then man, she has aslo historically been looked down upon and had her self esteem diminished by cultural perceptions of women being second rate.

THe strength required though have little resemblance to teh violent stuff you are talking about. THe average joe that is not very dominant or strong or aggressive do get women. Almost everyone does. Furthermore most women do not have many sex partners. I ahve recently seen some statistics and there is a fair number who remain virgins untill marriage, a alrge number who only have two, three maybe six boyfriends untill they marry and a large chunk of women whi ahve a few boyfriend and maybe one or two or three casual encounters. MOst of these womean date normal nice guys. THe women who date teh alpha player types generally have A LOT of partners and so make up most of the alphas sex partners. THis means few women actually have much sex or relationships to guys that even resemble what you are talking about.

You've learned from the pickup community, who learned and took things from evolutionary psychology in the SAME way Non has and applied it to trying to gain connection. With anger and hostility towards women.... although it is getting better.

Consider that 90% of those guys don't have a fucking clue. there are a few solid guys though, and the trend is getting better, more healthy and the like.

It's based on poor assumptions, just because they haven't seen what is available, so they call it true.

Hell I knew those guys back when all of them were just starting out, and was at the project hollywood while style was there.

Your links earlier are interesting.

John

Edited by JohnC

Did you ever think you're just looking too hard and in the wrong places ?? Years ago I got divorced and felt pretty bad about myself, giving up on relationships and such. I started going to yoga classes, with the only intention of healing myself. Within no time at all I had many girls asking about me, wanting to be friends and more. Honestly, I got more attention than I ever wanted. Why ? Because I was working on myself, and they saw it. I wasn't there to play games or meet chicks. It was my church for lack of a better analogy. And the best part, the women I did meet were also working on themselves. We were all on the same path. I'm not condoning using cultivation classes as a way to meet women, but if you put yourself in the position to meet like-minded people you will.

Aren't you in school for TCM ? There should be some like-minded individuals there. ..

And a little story. . . a few years ago I was with friends in China and we met a niegong master who did private consultations and healings. My friend went to see him. This friend was a very hardcore practitioner, attends the local Taoist temple religiously, had given up on having relationships, and was "sticking to solo cultivation". Actually his attitudes towards women reminds me of Non. Anyway, the first thing the master says to him is "what the hell are you doing ?, you don't need to act like a monk, get out there, meet a woman, and have sex. Live a normal life and practice our cultivation. You're missing out on life living the way you are".

• Like 3

The advice that is given in these threads tends to be all over the place.

"Don't bother with spiritual practices, seek out a woman to date!"

"Stop looking for a woman, it turns them off, just do spiritual practices."

Personally I like the advice to "learn how to forget and go with the flow, have pleasurable energy and no longer look for anything or give a crap."

• Like 2

The advice that is given in these threads tends to be all over the place.

"Don't bother with spiritual practices, seek out a woman to date!"

"Stop looking for a woman, it turns them off, just do spiritual practices."

Personally I like the advice to "learn how to forget and go with the flow, have pleasurable energy and no longer look for anything or give a crap."

That advice seems like it'd fall into the latter category ;) Spiritual practice combined with "stop looking" :P

Non,

You are a healthy young man, not blind, not deaf, not a dwarf, not sitting in a wheelchair or missing a leg or arm right?

You have food on the table and a place to live right?

You have a college education right?

You live in a free country where you can surf the internet freely and whine about not getting laid and how messed up society/women is right?

You don't have to sell your body to creepy old men to be able to support yourself right?

Then you are better off than probably 90% of the worlds population.

You have so many possibilites in your life that most people can only dream about.

Now go and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what the fuck whining about the same thing on a forum for almost 2 years is doing and don't start another thread like this ever again.

Edited by Gjeken
  • Like 2

Non,

You are a healthy young man, not blind, not deaf, not a dwarf, not sitting in a wheelchair or missing a leg or arm right?

You have food on the table and a place to live right?

You have a college education right?

You live in a free country where you can surf the internet freely and whine about not getting laid and how messed up society/women is right?

You don't have to sell your body to creepy old men to be able to support yourself right?

Then you are better off than probably 90% of the worlds population.

You have so many possibilites in your life that most people can only dream about.

Now go and look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what the fuck whining about the same thing on a forum for almost 2 years is doing and don't start another thread like this ever again.

Im sorry but its posts like these that actually make things worse.

Edited by Non
  • Like 2

It's meant to be a kick in your butt and have you look at it from another perspective cause it's not a big deal even if it feels like the whole world to you at this moment. I've been where you are and i know how it feels and i would love to go back in time and give my past self a big smack in the head to make him wake up and do something different and take action.

From my perspective i don't see you making any progress when you start threads that keeps you stuck in the same thought patterns repeating the same thing over and over, or do you feel yourself that you're going somewhere better doing this?

If you compare how you feel now and when you first joined this forum is there any difference? Is it worse or better?

• Like 2

Every time I see this topic title I read "Taoist lovemaking and pizza"

Sounds good :lol:

It is called the ladder theory: http://www.laddertheory.com/

No matter how Non improves himself he always looks upper than his level. Maybe he tries to reach like minded girls but they have a different standard and he is at the bottom of their ladder. So there is no chance to you Non but to improve your own value, not in your own eyes but in the eyes of the girls. And that's the most difficult thing because you have no feedback from the girls, but if by some chance the girls will look for you to talk to you, that means they look for some value in you which was developed in the meantime.

• Like 2

No matter how Non improves himself he always looks upper than his level. Maybe he tries to reach like minded girls but they have a different standard and he is at the bottom of their ladder. So there is no chance to you Non but to improve your own value, not in your own eyes but in the eyes of the girls. And that's the most difficult thing because you have no feedback from the girls, but if by some chance the girls will look for you to talk to you, that means they look for some value in you which was developed in the meantime.

exactlywhy I need to just end it all and commit suicide.

Because there's just no way in this hell that a woman will ever like me. The fact is they all go through hundreds and thousands of guys and no matter what I do, I'll never be enough, there will always be someone better than me.

Women are so distanced and immune to most men.

Edited by Non

Because there's just no way in this hell that a woman will ever like me. The fact is they all go through hundreds and thousands of guys.

Hundreds and thousands?? I wish :)

Besides, I quite like you. :) Oh wait. I'm too fff-ing old. :lol:

Because there's just no way in this hell that a woman will ever like me. The fact is they all go through hundreds and thousands of guys and no matter what I do, I'll never be enough, there will always be someone better than me.

Women are so distanced and immune to most men.

KEEP TRAINING!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Like 1

Hmmm...That is probably accurate as far as how it works in most "normal" American social circles today (and perhaps other Western cultures, I don't know). But what if the way gender dynamics operate in America today is almost completely based on social conditioning, with only the slightest vestige of natural sexuality/gender polarity remaining, but since we are all so conditioned we cynically say "Of course it works this way, it's how we are biologically programmed"?

For example, money is a social construct, so it cannot be "natural" for women to be attracted to money. It is social conditioning, actually for both sexes: money represents something to women, and moreover men with money feel differently about themselves than men without money. But since sexuality, at its root, is natural, not conditioned, if a man feels the way men with money are conditioned to feel about themselves (you are important, you are a success), and moreover he has what women are conditioned to believe money represents (social power, etc.) then the attraction will still be there. At least I suspect so.

What if when a man learns to shake off his conditioning and get in touch with his natural masculine sexual polarity, the "way attraction works" completely changes? Because he will then activate women's natural sexual polarity, which lies dormant underneath all the conditioning? And deep down women really really want a man that can do this?

(BTW the trained eye can spot a mathematical physics enthusiast from a mile a way B) )

Edited by Creation
  • Like 1