ANGRY CHINESE MAN

Homosexuals attacking Taoism on FB

We are considering what to do with this thread. Meanwhile, enjoy.:)

Hehehe. I would have to go way off topic in order to enjoy myself in this thread.

But anyway, I think it probably would be a valid discussion if we were to relate homosexuality with Taoism. If we keep in mind that all is under and within the realm of Tao I just don't see how there could be a conflict.

And if a homosexual group (don't know why they would need a group for) wants to use a particular symbol I suppose it is up to them unless the symbol is copyrighted or is a trademark.

Of course, I have no reason to ask anyone their sexual preferences because I am here to talk about Taoism and not sexuality.

But then, I see no problem with someone wanting to rant about some group using a symbol that they hold in high regard. However, the symbol is man made and doesn't really apply to anyone's individuality.

I doubt that I have said anything of any value here but then I would suggest that I am not the only one.

For anyone who wishes to accept it, I wish you a very happy homosexual life.

Hello you alls.

There's no IP match on our new member, the thread starter here.

We are considering what to do with this thread. Meanwhile, enjoy.:)

oh. Well I very much like this song

Yes! Love that GC and Wichita Lineman. I actually heard a Fresh Air interview with Jimmy Webb, who wrote this song on the story behind it. Why, cat...um, er...thanks for posting...aw, shucks... :wub:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Who beds whom in politics can make people angry. :angry:

haha. And notice obama mentions Wisconsin as little as possible, pretty sad

:lol: :lol:

That's hilarious!

I doubt that I have said anything of any value here but then I would suggest that I am not the only one.

:lol:

For anyone who wishes to accept it, I wish you a very happy homosexual life.

So you mean you're not gonna' wish any hetrosexuals a happy hetro life then? What about the bi-sexuals? You gonna' ignore them too? Pandas? Discrimination!

oh. Well I very much like this song

NeiChuan, I'm not sure if that was deliberate on your part on not, but 'blue oyster' cult is very apt.

From the Police Academy series, the infamous 'Blue Oyster Bar:

I think I spot a Daoist in the background somewhere.

Incidently, since we're on the topic, there is something I've always wondered about. Putting Daosim in a few categories first: Philosophical Daoism, religious Daoism and cultivational Daoism and taking a focus on cultivational Daoism (I know they do mix a fair bit, but just for practical purposes).

So here's the thing. Bit of breathing cultivation, ok. But what happens when it comes to sexual gong fu if you're homosexual. I get it that you put A into B (male female) and then can draw off energy, or circulate energy in much the same way as you stick a plug into a socket (that's not the most beautiful description of the sex act I know) . But.... how on earth can it work from a homosexual viewpoint?

I don't wanna get graphic, I'll take it you know where I'm going (I don't mean I'm personally going there) but how can it work? Seriously. Any idea?

Perhaps I'm thinking too much about polarity and sockets('ah la' ying yang theory). I'm just wondering see, I mean is it like if I go to another country I have to get a plug convertor kit?

How can it work in view of sexual gong fu? Or does it work? I'm curious (I don't mean I'm like 'curious' in the 'personal ads' kind of way)

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

So you mean you're not gonna' wish any hetrosexuals a happy hetro life then? What about the bi-sexuals? You gonna' ignore them too? Pandas? Discrimination!

Hehehe. I've been caught again.

Yes, following every post I make I wish everyone "Peace and Contentment", even the bi-sexual Pandas.

Are you for real ???

He joined a day before making this post. Chose a name that he thought was appropriate, but in fact is horribly racist (only someone incredibly ignorant would choose this kind of nick). Then he made his bigoted rant in the hopes of drumming up trouble. Yes he's for real, but the reality is he's not a Taoist and his only reason for coming here was to try to stir up hate.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Incidently, since we're on the topic, there is something I've always wondered about. Putting Daosim in a few categories first: Philosophical Daoism, religious Daoism and cultivational Daoism and taking a focus on cultivational Daoism (I know they do mix a fair bit, but just for practical purposes).

So here's the thing. Bit of breathing cultivation, ok. But what happens when it comes to sexual gong fu if you're homosexual. I get it that you put A into B (male female) and then can draw off energy, or circulate energy in much the same way as you stick a plug into a socket (that's not the most beautiful description of the sex act I know) . But.... how on earth can it work from a homosexual viewpoint?

I don't wanna get graphic, I'll take it you know where I'm going (I don't mean I'm personally going there) but how can it work? Seriously. Any idea?

Perhaps I'm thinking too much about polarity and sockets('ah la' ying yang theory). I'm just wondering see, I mean is it like if I go to another country I have to get a plug convertor kit?

How can it work in view of sexual gong fu? Or does it work? I'm curious (I don't mean I'm like 'curious' in the 'personal ads' kind of way)

It's about yin and yang. Everyone has both, regardless of gender. Even then, who says one has to practice sex in order to cultivate Qi? Sex is an intimate and enjoyable process. It's sole purpose isn't to propagate life or cultivate Qi. (Even with this said, I think most would agree, if one wishes to cultivate Qi, ideally it should be practiced with a man and woman.)

As an aside, I think most Taoist texts are intentionally ambiguous about this topic. The idea is that whatever one does in the privacy of their own homes is entirely up to them, so long as it remains in the privacy of their homes (harmonious living and all that). This is also the reason there aren't (and never were) a large number of openly gay men or women in China compared to western civilization. Homosexuality was there, it was just never openly practiced, nor vehemently persecuted (aside from the cultural revolution).

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Whatever gets you through your life without intentionally causing unjustified harm to others.

(I had to carefully word that so that I expressed myself honestly.)