strawdog65

What will be the future earth society?

Those videos were never intended to be relevant to the subject .Just thought it would be funny to fool you into watching two stupid ass videos and see how you respond.lmao.

Edited by michael245
  • Haha 1

Those videos were never intended to be relevant to the subject .Just thought it would be funny to fool you into watching two stupid ass videos and see how you respond.lmao.

OK ... Ya got me> :lol:

How about this though.....

The current "occupy wall street" and other "occupy"

events are being influenced by the very things I'm talking

about with things like "The Zeitgeist movement" and the

resource based economy featured in the "Venus Project".

People want change.

As long as money can buy power, there will be no real change.

The entire economic model needs to be replaced.

The Resource Based Economy Idea is one that needs

real, worldwide, consideration.

• Like 1

Strawdog65, I think the resource based economy will happen eventually down the road. I actually enjoyed the zeitgeist movie,the first one being the best.

Strawdog65, I think the resource based economy will happen eventually down the road. I actually enjoyed the zeitgeist movie,the first one being the best.

michael,

Have you seen the last(3rd) one?

It goes into the psychological aspect of where we are

presently and what we need to do to escape it.

What bothers me most about people being so "anti" about the

whole idea is that their attitude is based on them satisfying

their own need for the greed they feel towards things they

either want or already have.

Most of us here on this forum take it for granted that we were fortunate

enough to have been born into a western type of society, and with all of

the attributes that a western society affords those lucky enough to live

in such a society. There are billions of people on this planet not so

fortunate. Their ill fortune being nothing more than happenstance.

The opportunities we have in a western society, jobs, food, education,

rights we are given, and freedoms we are permitted, are not always

deserved.

The billions living with near nothingness, born into that way of living,

with little chance of escaping the cycle, they are unfairly living lives

of squalor while we live lives of relative ease.

We are inadvertently responsible

for these people living the way they do.

We are responsible because we enjoy what we have because the products,

things we want, are produced many times by these poor people.

Very few people in our society ever think that we are part of

what keeps the billions of poor people, poor.

The profit based/Greed infrastructure of business demands a workforce

that is paid as little is possible. All, to supply products to the few

that can afford them.

Profit based/greed economics is a crime against Humanity.

There will never be true equality among people as long as there

is a profit to be made, and a corporation to exert the power that

comes from this greed, we will always be stuck in this vicious cycle.

The elimination of the profit/greed based economics is the only

way to create a world society/civilization that would be equal

and just for ALL Humans.

• Like 1

(Sigh).

Straw Dog, you're just wonderful. That's all.

Thank You Manitou... :wub:

It is people like yourself, that understand that we ALL really are

interconnected on every level, that are making the difference that will

change human consciousness in our future.

I bow to your immeasurable contribution to making the world a better,

kinder, and more loving place. :wub:

Thank You Manitou... :wub:

It is people like yourself, that understand that we ALL really are

interconnected on every level, that are making the difference that will

change human consciousness in our future.

I bow to your immeasurable contribution to making the world a better,

kinder, and more loving place. :wub:

It sort of takes one to know one, if you know what I mean? :blush:

I see our input here on the internet as a physical thing that is forming the world consciousness in some particular direction. It's like everything's coming back to one Word or something. So hard to put a finger on. Forums like TTBs hopefully are evolving upward, if we keep our minds open. But even Taoism has a structure that must be transcended, far as I'm concerned.

I so love that you think outside of the lines. That's what I bow to. I have a question that I'll PM you with.

From this link:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-10-crowded-earth.html

Crowded Earth: how many is too many?

October 23, 2011 by Marlowe Hood and Richard Ingham

Already straining to host seven billion souls, Earth is set to teem with billions more, and only a revolution in the use of resources can avert an environmental crunch, experts say.

As early as 1798, Thomas Malthus gloomily forecast that our ability to reproduce would quickly outstrip our ability to produce food, leading to mass starvation and a culling of the species.

But an industrial revolution and its impact on agriculture proved Malthus and later doomsayers wrong, even as our numbers doubled and redoubled with accelerating frequency.

"Despite alarmist predictions, historical increases in population have not been economically catastrophic," notes David Bloom, a professor in the Department of Global Health and Population at Harvard.

Today, though, it seems reasonable to ask if Malthus wasn't simply a couple of centuries ahead of the curve.

On October 31, the world's population is officially scheduled to hit seven billion -- a rise of two billion in less than a quarter century.

Over six decades, the global fertility rate has roughly halved, and amounts to a statistical 2.5 children per woman today.

But this varies greatly from country to country. And whether the planet's population eventually stabilizes at nine, 10 or 15 billion depends on what happens in developing countries, mostly in Africa, with the fastest growth.

As our species has expanded, so has its devouring of the planet's bounty, from fresh water and soil richness to forests and fisheries.

At its current pace, humankind will need, by 2030, a second planet to satisfy its appetites and absorb its waste, the Global Footprint Network (GFN) calculated last month.

And through the coal, oil and gas that drive prosperity, we are also emitting greenhouse gases that alter the climate, potentially maiming the ecosystems which feed us.

Racked by civil war and poverty, Somalia's population is projected to grow from about 10 million today to 22.6 million by 2050. Ninety-nine percent of married Somali women have no access to family planning.

"From soaring food prices to the crippling effects of climate change, our economies are now confronting the reality of years of spending beyond our means," GFN's president, Mathis Wackernagel, said.

French diplomat Brice Lalonde, one of two coordinators for next June's UN Conference on Sustainable Development, dubbed "Rio+20," said Earth's population rise poses a fundamental challenge to how we use resources.

"In 2030 there will be at least another billion people on the planet," Lalonde said.

"The question is, how do we boost food security and provide essential services to the billion poorest people but without using more water, land or energy?"

This is why, he said, Rio+20 will focus on practical things such as increasing cleaner sources in the world energy mix, smarter use of fresh water, building cities that are environmentally friendlier and raising farm yields without dousing the soil with chemicals.

But such options dwell far more on the impact of population growth than on the problem itself.

Braking fertility rates would help the human tally stabilize at eight billion and haul poor countries out of poverty, ease the strain on natural resources and reduce climate vulnerability, say advocates.

For some experts, voluntary birth control is the key.

Geoff Dabelko, director of the Environmental Change and Security Program at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, cites Somalia as a case study of what happens when women have no access to contraception.

Racked by civil war and poverty, its population is projected to grow from about 10 million today to 22.6 million by 2050. It has the eighth-highest birth rate in the world and an average of seven children per family.

A 2010 study in Colombia found family planning explained less than 10 percent of the country's fertility fall. The real driver was improved standards of living.

Even before the country fell into a full-fledged crisis, a third of its children were severely underweight, according to UNICEF. Ninety-nine percent of married Somali women have no access to family planning.

Many economists, though, argue that the answer lies more in reducing poverty and boosting education, especially of women.

A 2010 study in Colombia found family planning explained less than 10 percent of the country's fertility fall. The real driver was improved standards of living.

Even so, at summits that seek to shape Earth's future, tackling population growth head-on is almost taboo.

"When I attended the UN environment conference in Stockholm (in 1972), the No. 1 item on the agenda was out-of-control population growth," recalled Paul Watson, head of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a radical green group.

"When I attended the 1992 conference (in Rio), it wasn't even on the agenda. No one talked about it any more."

Demography was similarly absent from the UN's 2002 Johannesburg Summit, when Earth's population had climbed to six billion.

Why does "how many is too much" remain absent from the top tables?

One perceived reason is the opposition by religious conservatives to contraception or abortion. Politicians, too, may see no mileage in addressing an issue that will only cause them headaches and yield benefits several decades away.

But for some critics, population measures are synonymous with the mistakes of coercive sterilization in India in the 1970s or China's "one child" policy, which has led to a gender imbalance in favor of boys.

From this...

...in favor of boys.

The solution is not birth control, because a too high population is the symptom of the problem of this corrupt system. To follow such a solution, would mean to allow corruption and follow the path of destruction. You really think that in the future people will move away from nature? Such a future would not remain for long. The people should not become less human, they should become more human. Population controll sounds great for many people who do not trust in the good nature of men, but it will backfire in the end. Territorial dispute is the same as population control.

What is the diffrence between removing someone's testicals and killing him? There is no diffrence. It is an illusion, to trick your mind by rationalizing such destructive behaviour. We are not cattle, we are not machines, we are human beings.

With the right system, technological advancements would skyrocket trough the roof and will outgrow the growth of the population. Increasing the capacity of our home trough technological advancements has always been the answer and will remain that answer for a long long time to come.

Don't fear war, poverty and hunger. Fearing it will only put you in a position of vulnerability and will allow people to control you based on those fears. They can prevent you from having babies by only handing out food that causes infertility. Infact, its already happening right now. You must ask your self what you are afraid of that you accept such things and allow it.

Edited by Everything

The solution is not birth control, because a too high population is the symptom of the problem of this corrupt system. To follow such a solution, would mean to allow corruption and follow the path of destruction. You really think that in the future people will move away from nature? Such a future would not remain for long. The people should not become less human, they should become more human. Population controll sounds great for many people who do not trust in the good nature of men, but it will backfire in the end. Territorial dispute is the same as population control.

What is the diffrence between removing someone's testicals and killing him? There is no diffrence. It is an illusion, to trick your mind by rationalizing such destructive behaviour. We are not cattle, we are not machines, we are human beings.

With the right system, technological advancements would skyrocket trough the roof and will outgrow the growth of the population. Increasing the capacity of our home trough technological advancements has always been the answer and will remain that answer for a long long time to come.

Don't fear war, poverty and hunger. Fearing it will only put you in a position of vulnerability and will allow people to control you based on those fears. They can prevent you from having babies by only handing out food that causes infertility. Infact, its already happening right now. You must ask your self what you are afraid of that you accept such things and allow it.

??

I gave this post a second reading in order to ferret out the ineffable profundity that escaped me the first time around, and all I took away was the assertion that 1. fear not, technology will save us, and 2. to lose our balls is to lose our heads.

• Like 1

Everything...

You do realize I was quoting an article from a web site, and that these are not things I said, nor personally believe... right?

I was using this article as a way to say...something must be done to better provide

for the world in which we live.

Ideas like The Venus Project are what I personally support.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

Everything...

You do realize I was quoting an article from a web site, and that these are not things I said, nor personally believe... right?

I was using this article as a way to say...something must be done to better provide

for the world in which we live.

Ideas like The Venus Project are what I personally support.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

A world not based on greed.

A world where doing for others is just an everyday thing.

Giving freely what gifts we have to offer, and never

having to worry about where we will sleep or how we

will come by our next meal.

A world into which the children(all children) are given an

education because it profits the world to have educated inhabitants.

A world in which all people have lives of meaning and are able

to contribute to the society as a whole.

Remove the "need" for what is needed.

Freedom is a lightness of being, because worry has been removed.

Picture this,

Imagine more,

Stretch beyond,

what we were before.

People!

Yes You!

Look at the discord of our present world.

Look at the injustice of our present system of

governing.

Isn't it time for some change?

The Venus project is an Idea we should all

look at more closely.

All of the "occupy" movements all over the world,

seek change, moving away from corporate greed,

to a better life for all people.

Who really believes that our present form of governing,

world wide, is the system that will satisfy the needs

of the future world?

The Venus Project is an Idea.

It is not perfect in any sense.

It is a good place to start.

one might also ask what will be the future of the Earth soul Herself? (and the body of the Earth)

• Thanks 1