Maddie

Money Karma?

ok now my "WTF" sing above my head is huge and blinking. Since I got to San Antonio I have been told by two places that they would hire me. The first place still says that they are waiting for "paperwork" and this is after a month practically. I was supposedly hired for another job the day before last and was supposed to start today and then they called me last night and said they are reevaluating the possition. Before I came to Texas the only thing I could find was delivering pizza, and before I came to Washington, I was working for Starbucks in Alaska. Before returning to Alaska I had tried to move to Texas before and spent 7 months looking for a job, and finding nothing. I could go on, but I think just that little sample is enough to get the gist of my career life. It's not because I don't want a job, or money, or anything like that, cause I do, in fact I have no idea how I am going to pay my rent, so wanting money is the first thing on my mind right now. I see other boobs with less education, intelligence, and work ethic than me get these pretty good jobs, and so I'm left standing there with the big neon "WTF" sign over my head. In a past life was I a big fat capitalist pig who paid his workers low wages like Scrouge? I'm so utter fed up with this, as it has been going on for a long time and I'm sick of it. What the hell do I need to do to change this?

i can relate. check this out last month all i wanted was a temporary 2 month warehouse job at amazon. at orientation i was called out of the group and into an office with 2 others. when i went in they said something in my background check came up, they didnt know the specifics but whatever it was they couldnt use me. i was puzzled as my criminal background doesnt have anything that would have disqualified me. the next week i get the disclosure letter apparently i owe a credit card company 592$ or sth like that . and the temp service with amazon used that as a reason not to hire me. of course i could appeal their decision but the appeal process would take longer than the job would last. the last 2 years i have been a welding student going to school 2 days a week and getting about 5 grand each semester for myself after the school gets their cut. so there may be other possibilities for income. good luck (btw i have thought of alaska from time to time, maybe its just my fantasy

I generally don't really like to think about money and career stuff too much, but sometimes the situation becomes so problematic that I can't help but wonder how this topic ties into the bigger picture. I just totaled up my past earnings for the past 19 years and averaged it, and my average earnings of 19 years of adult life equals $8603. a year. I don't know why I do not seem to ever be able to get a good job, and make any money, but since this has gone on for so long it does make one wonder WHY? I am not an alcoholic or a drug user, I am pretty responsible and a hard worker, so what gives?! Is this karma? or what?

Hi brother!

I have had the same problem as you and I am a strong beliver in the karmatic laws, you seem to be to. that is why I am going to tell you what worked for me and wich mindset was the most effective.

first of all I noticed that I needed help with this task and there was something I had not learned simply because I never was interested in money, that does not mean I did not get what I needed when I needed it. I am typing this from my brand new Mac book pro i7 that costs a smal fortune. I have not earned a single cent for the past 2 years.

I am very greatful for the information I have learned and the state of mind that I have accuired. a state of mind where there is no differance between a million dollars and a single cent, called total abundance. but this does not mean it is easy to earn 1 dollar, it is harder to earn one dollar if you hate what you are doing but a lot easier to earn a million if you love what you do and it keeps you in a good mood or "vibration" it creates a kind of momentum.

I think you are looking for an answer like this. this is my second or third post on this forum and the last one I wrote a year ago or so and somehow i stumbled upon this post... Im here for a reason today. but first you must understand the true principles of karma and the laws of attraction (this is something you cincerly ask for), build up chi etc and live by the golden rule, they say you dont find books, they find you. in the stories of king Solomon (wheltiest man on earth) he asked for the wisdom of the heart so he could rule his nation. wich heart and who he asked is up to you to decide.

you must start to meditate on money and create your own world from the inside out, some wants to be billionaires some want to be industrial workers, do what resonates in your heart and you will never have to work a single day in your life. what resonates in your heart is the harder thing to find, and it takes time and meditation, and do not be discouraged because its a tough line of work with competition etc you live here to enjoy life, if you really want it you will get it whitout a doubt, just dont loose faith. the second you loose faith you loose faith in karma and karma gives you exacly what you ask for do you understand? and you will lose more faith and you will end up exacly where you are again. they once asked Micheal jackson in an interview why he tought no one belived in "god" anymore he said it is because you cannot se "god" we most often belive only in what we see, karma requires patience and self control.

I said once if you sleep and dream and you notice that you are dreaming. you could wish for a ferrari and it would manifest instantly! but when you wake up the physical world is active and it would be imposible to manifest a car into your world without breaking a few physical laws. a law cannot be broken OR ignored.

when you wake up you DO NOT TURN OF YOUR MIND you turn on the physical world.

you could lie to me and say you have no desire whatsoever for money and I would belive you but we all want to live good lifes and money is an important part of it. you could manifest the most beautiful life but you are to lazy... honestly I was to and from time to time I slip back to my bad behaviours. YOU MUST GROW LIKE A TREE

like a seed you have planted in your heart never stop growing become a man and be like water let an abundance of love welth and health flow trough your experience on this beautiful planet of ours. be a filantropist and build schools and hospitals. give back to the world and the world will pay you with 100% accuracy.

A friend of mine once asked me of money and said then let me gamble and win money. I said you can fool yourself but not the universe.

Be of assitance to mother earth and mother earth will be of assitance to you.find your true calling in life and be what you always have dreamt to be and be as rich as you were intended to be.

The universe is and has always been perfect and there is nothing you can do about it. just as there is gravity there is karma... ask einstein!

the first book that will find you is

Napoleon hills - law of succes in 16 lessons.

now its all about dedication and how much you want it and a game of disciplin and habits.

and the first quote for making money will come from steve jobs.

"connect the dots"

God bless you and I hope that the stars will stand in line for you and guide you trough your life just as they have been guiding me all my life, find the tao in a beautiful world.

Thank you.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that now I am reaping what I have sown for the past year, and I am a very happy man with a great future in one of the most if not the most challenging lines of work. I work with major labels (universal, Sony etc) and I am a man of great value. my father said to me that working in the music buissness is like lottery all my life. I proved him wrong... and I cant even play an instrument! I am still waiting and praying for the day I am nr one on billboard. we must always grow.

Thank you for all your blessings and prayers.

Edited by nashenas

My god, what a wonderful thread. What wonderful responses and incredibly different abstract approaches to the same problem. I LOVE the idea of thinking of a penny the same as a $100 bill. No differentiation, no judgment; perfect for those of us who have the deep guilt of being a 'have' rather than a 'have-not'.

In a little anonymous book called The Impersonal Life (a metaphysical must-read which will lead directly to the I Am consciousness) it states somewhere that money is the perfect analogy for something else, but it stops right there and doesn't quite tell you what the analogy is. Apparently this question's been knocking around my brain, because the answer suddenly came to me; I think the analogy is ENERGY. Money, whether it's a penny or a million dollars, is a representation of stuck energy, just waiting to be used.

How very Tao.

Also, someone in this thread said something about the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous be applied to the same problem we're discussing - the reasons why we manifest lack. I've looked back and tried to find it but can't -

But I've been a member of AA for 30 years, and it occurs to me that the 12 steps would absolute Kick Butt on the manifestations of lack. I wouldn't be surprised if others haven't already thought of that and started it...the steps are used for everything else under the sun.

Hi brother!

I have had the same problem as you and I am a strong beliver in the karmatic laws, you seem to be to. that is why I am going to tell you what worked for me and wich mindset was the most effective.

first of all I noticed that I needed help with this task and there was something I had not learned simply because I never was interested in money, that does not mean I did not get what I needed when I needed it. I am typing this from my brand new Mac book pro i7 that costs a smal fortune. I have not earned a single cent for the past 2 years.

I am very greatful for the information I have learned and the state of mind that I have accuired. a state of mind where there is no differance between a million dollars and a single cent, called total abundance. but this does not mean it is easy to earn 1 dollar, it is harder to earn one dollar if you hate what you are doing but a lot easier to earn a million if you love what you do and it keeps you in a good mood or "vibration" it creates a kind of momentum.

I think you are looking for an answer like this. this is my second or third post on this forum and the last one I wrote a year ago or so and somehow i stumbled upon this post... Im here for a reason today. but first you must understand the true principles of karma and the laws of attraction (this is something you cincerly ask for), build up chi etc and live by the golden rule, they say you dont find books, they find you. in the stories of king Solomon (wheltiest man on earth) he asked for the wisdom of the heart so he could rule his nation. wich heart and who he asked is up to you to decide.

you must start to meditate on money and create your own world from the inside out, some wants to be billionaires some want to be industrial workers, do what resonates in your heart and you will never have to work a single day in your life. what resonates in your heart is the harder thing to find, and it takes time and meditation, and do not be discouraged because its a tough line of work with competition etc you live here to enjoy life, if you really want it you will get it whitout a doubt, just dont loose faith. the second you loose faith you loose faith in karma and karma gives you exacly what you ask for do you understand? and you will lose more faith and you will end up exacly where you are again. they once asked Micheal jackson in an interview why he tought no one belived in "god" anymore he said it is because you cannot se "god" we most often belive only in what we see, karma requires patience and self control.

I said once if you sleep and dream and you notice that you are dreaming. you could wish for a ferrari and it would manifest instantly! but when you wake up the physical world is active and it would be imposible to manifest a car into your world without breaking a few physical laws. a law cannot be broken OR ignored.

when you wake up you DO NOT TURN OF YOUR MIND you turn on the physical world.

you could lie to me and say you have no desire whatsoever for money and I would belive you but we all want to live good lifes and money is an important part of it. you could manifest the most beautiful life but you are to lazy... honestly I was to and from time to time I slip back to my bad behaviours. YOU MUST GROW LIKE A TREE

like a seed you have planted in your heart never stop growing become a man and be like water let an abundance of love welth and health flow trough your experience on this beautiful planet of ours. be a filantropist and build schools and hospitals. give back to the world and the world will pay you with 100% accuracy.

A friend of mine once asked me of money and said then let me gamble and win money. I said you can fool yourself but not the universe.

Be of assitance to mother earth and mother earth will be of assitance to you.find your true calling in life and be what you always have dreamt to be and be as rich as you were intended to be.

The universe is and has always been perfect and there is nothing you can do about it. just as there is gravity there is karma... ask einstein!

the first book that will find you is

Napoleon hills - law of succes in 16 lessons.

now its all about dedication and how much you want it and a game of disciplin and habits.

and the first quote for making money will come from steve jobs.

"connect the dots"

God bless you and I hope that the stars will stand in line for you and guide you trough your life just as they have been guiding me all my life, find the tao in a beautiful world.

Thank you.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that now I am reaping what I have sown for the past year, and I am a very happy man with a great future in one of the most if not the most challenging lines of work. I work with major labels (universal, Sony etc) and I am a man of great value. my father said to me that working in the music buissness is like lottery all my life. I proved him wrong... and I cant even play an instrument! I am still waiting and praying for the day I am nr one on billboard. we must always grow.

Thank you for all your blessings and prayers.

My intuition tells me two things about what you said. The first is that this is pretty good and deep stuff that I need. Though I don't really understand it. The second thing my intuition tells me is that I think the fact that I do not really understand what you have said (though I believe it is good) is a large part of the problem. I think the same thing that does not allow me to understand what you said, is also the same thing that is causing my problems in the first place.

My intuition tells me two things about what you said. The first is that this is pretty good and deep stuff that I need. Though I don't really understand it. The second thing my intuition tells me is that I think the fact that I do not really understand what you have said (though I believe it is good) is a large part of the problem. I think the same thing that does not allow me to understand what you said, is also the same thing that is causing my problems in the first place.

you need to spend some serious time on it then. if you want to acquire riches trough karma you need to study karma. you must understand why a lot of philosophies and religions have rules where you need to give % of your income to charity etc. you must understand that "The mind is everything. What you think you become- Buddha"

work on your higher energies I.E 3rd eye Anja chakra etc , you must be able to see opportunities that comes your way grab them and cultivate them. when you ask for something you will acquire it wether you want to or not but if you have 2 thoughts one of acquiring and one where you think it is imposible there will be a conflict where you first want something and then you dont want it, you must be calm and in absolute faith until you can reap your harvest.

I would suggest that you read a few books, if you do not understand what I wrote you will need to educate yourself until you understand what I just wrote or you need to stop thinking about karma and get a job, if your situation is stable at this moment you should make time to study laws of karma and the laws of personal success. you need love, you need wealth and health. but you must be willing to first give all of those to acquire them, does it sound fair?

give love to a person and the person will give you love give the same person hate and you will receive hate, make that same person laugh and that person will make you laugh. basic karma 101.

you are your own teacher, you will learn only what you want and what you need. if you need money you must know how to acquire it so that it becomes one of your habits only then you can be like water, bruce lee knew this so does many martial artists but they were into selfdefense and fighting it is a part of confidence (confi-dare in latin means to belive in the ultimate not belive in yourself even tough its the something it is very different). another example is the samurajs they always had to overcome the fear of death before going to battle. you need to overcome the fear of poverty ,you do not want to think about death in a fight with weapons, the same way you dont want to think of poverty in your personal battle because that will be acquired with 100% accuracy, ask yourself have you had thoughts % of being rich or being poor lately ?

they say time is money if you want to be a billionaire for example you need to hurry since a tree wont grow in one day, do you want to be the tallest wisest tree in the forest or do you want to be the gras on the ground or you might be happiest somewhere in the middle. these are questions a wise man should ask himself!

jesus, mohamed, buddah. were all rich. the so called heavens does not include poverty or lack only abundance. where are you?

always go for perfection until the curses that have been put upon you dissolve. make someone thin believe they are fat and they will become fat.. that is a curse.

but do that and I guarantee that you to will become fat ;)

be with a woman and have toughts of cheating and see what happens. (do not do this)

I do not know much about the taoist methods yet but I am studying it and I have not yet read about anything that reminds me of karma in the Tao philosophy I suggest that no one ever becomes attached to only one philosophy, a philosophy is something personal and is always being governed by the same laws of the universe, but how do I know that you see the world exacly as I do?

You to should create your own philosophy a philosphy that resonates with your heart and your higher self and never starve yourself in ANY way. but try to find the middle way that the great teachers( Buddah ) are preaching about. the middle way has nothing to do with the amount of money you will ever make or the amount of love you will have or health etc, but that is a very deep metaphor I hope you understand this one day so that you can teach me what I have forgoten to learn.

read all of the true knowledge that the great teachers have provided you with but always remember that they all speak of the same universe and "god" and that the one "god" is within yourself the creator, the tao the vessel of god allah god shiva etc. we all live under the same stars dont we? we just see it indifferent ways :)

to quote lao tzu

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

walk i the light.

My god, what a wonderful thread. What wonderful responses and incredibly different abstract approaches to the same problem. I LOVE the idea of thinking of a penny the same as a $100 bill. No differentiation, no judgment; perfect for those of us who have the deep guilt of being a 'have' rather than a 'have-not'.

In a little anonymous book called The Impersonal Life (a metaphysical must-read which will lead directly to the I Am consciousness) it states somewhere that money is the perfect analogy for something else, but it stops right there and doesn't quite tell you what the analogy is. Apparently this question's been knocking around my brain, because the answer suddenly came to me; I think the analogy is ENERGY. Money, whether it's a penny or a million dollars, is a representation of stuck energy, just waiting to be used.

How very Tao.

Hi!

I would like to know more about your and the tao way of how energy is used for manifestation and how it is transformed etc, and this thing that is called alchemy. I will read the book you mentioned it seems to be a good one by what you are saying I think the analogy is very deep and about the negative state of mind of universal lack. witch is the only sin " The only sin is limitation" someone wise said.

Could you please teach me how to transform my energies It feels lke my second chackra has been overexposed due to some experimentation from my part. I would like to know what to search for on the forum or if you know of any thread or person who is good at the tao philosophy that could help me get my self to the next lvl.

I know very little of the tao metaphor and philosophy but they are all the same thing in the end what I am looking for is what I do not know, and I do not know what I do not know :)

thank you and many blessings.

Could you please teach me how to transform my energies It feels lke my second chackra has been overexposed due to some experimentation from my part. I would like to know what to search for on the forum or if you know of any thread or person who is good at the tao philosophy that could help me get my self to the next lvl.

I am such an airhead when it comes to posting on this site. Sorry for the double dip.

Nashenas - there are lots of people on this site who could give you various methods for diffusing the energy in your second chakra. I would suggest posing this very question (about the stuck qi in chakra 2) as a separate question in a separate thread. I, like you, got here through a different path (more shamanic) but find that all the paths seems to meet here in some fashion. My way of dealing with my own kundalini activity (when it gets too fired up) is to lay face down on the grass and to let the energy drain into the earth. But it sounds like your problem is more complicated. Please start a new thread on that question so you'll get the really knowledgeable answers....

Manitou and EV,

So would money as "energy" (IMO it is "potential" energy) imply that bankers and the govt and certain corporations are "energy vampires"? And once "they" have got a hold of all of this "energy" we give them, what's the goal? Just to have a big pile of potential? To relieve others of their potential? I beg the question "potential to do what"?

I agree that we "vote with our wallets" to some extent but IMO those amounts are so "small" in comparison to the stuff that actually drives major economic and political currents that I sometimes think it wouldn't feel to the "vampires" like much more than a mosquito landing on the hide of an elephant. I'm kind of rambling free form here. :huh:

I also believe it's disingenuous to attribute "karma" to a situation where much of the time IMO, the person under "karmic" money issues doesn't have full knowledge of "how it works" and so may shift the blame onto themselves or question their "worth." The example of the temp agency doing a credit check (sounds like what it was) and then not hiring the person is IMO beyond the pale.

I have obviously been doing a lot of research on this topic the lately, and also a lot of introspection. The most pluasable thing I have come up with is that my Root chakra needs working on as it is the chakra that is all about survival issues i.e. money, job, career, rent, ect... and these are exactely the issues that are my problem now. A few months ago I had similar problems with sexual issues and did a lot of work on my sacral chakra and that did wonders.

Nashenas the method I use to work on my chakras is mainly the MCO. I either power it with chi from my dan tien, or what I have been doing a lot lately is powering it with jing using the cold draw. Another method I use for working on a chakra is to simply breath into it until I feel more chi in it than before.

As far as working on my Root chakra I have shifted back to placing an emphasis on doing standing meditation again as I feel that this is a very root chakra activity.

Hi dmattwards,

I have something to say to you that encompasses concepts of Taoism, Buddhism and the Highly Reincarnate view held by some of the peers of Taoism and Buddhism. I will make two posts intended for you - the first one will be on your question of karma, the next one will be more hands-on about your situation and what you can do about it.

First re. Karma - I would like to give you a caricature of each:

The Highly Reincarnate view

According to the highly reincarnate view you are currently in life at the lower part of the wage chain (worker level), you can reincarnate to lower management in the next. After that life, you can reincarnate again - perhaps one life you'll be a civil servant before making it to upper management. Eventually, if you reach CEO level and remain virtous you may even make it to head of state or church before finally reaching enlightment. In this view, you reincarnate automatically and moving up only depends on the goodness vs. the badness of your deeds during this life.

The Buddhist view

Yes, there is absolutely karma and something can be done about repairing it. You need to find out what is blocking you, repent and repair those bad deeds from previous life that are holding you back and then move forward from there. If you give up all physical desires and allow your heart to become pure, you too can achieve buddhahood.

The Taoist view

There may be karma. See to it that you make the best of this life, because life is hard to come by. With some adequate amount of hard work and determination you make become immortal.

I'll try to get my second post off to you tonight, but gotta go for now.

No I don't think it's Karma, people have used Karma theory in this way in many Asian countries for a long time as a form of mind control as the vast majority of the wealth in many Asian countries is controlled by a very small percentage of the population so to stop them rising up in revolutionary arms and changing the situation they told the people it was their Karma why it was like this. It's another form of mind control hypnotising the masses to keep them placid and asleep.

You failed to understand the depth of karma by associating it with society. Far from that, karma are the consequences of your mental workings which manifest themselves as thoughts, actions and speech.

Meditate on this.

Edited: I forgot to give you an example.

In one of my past lives, not far from this one, I had everything a human would desire: fame, power, wealth and Qi. But I failed in the high level spiritual department and as a result I developed a huge EGO and suffering to others including wife and son. In this lifetime, I had to learn that high level spiritual development one needs to leave behind: fame, power, wealth and ego. ;)

Edited by Gerard

Hi dmattwards,

I have something to say to you that encompasses concepts of Taoism, Buddhism and the Highly Reincarnate view held by some of the peers of Taoism and Buddhism. I will make two posts intended for you - the first one will be on your question of karma, the next one will be more hands-on about your situation and what you can do about it.

First re. Karma - I would like to give you a caricature of each:

The Highly Reincarnate view

According to the highly reincarnate view you are currently in life at the lower part of the wage chain (worker level), you can reincarnate to lower management in the next. After that life, you can reincarnate again - perhaps one life you'll be a civil servant before making it to upper management. Eventually, if you reach CEO level and remain virtous you may even make it to head of state or church before finally reaching enlightment. In this view, you reincarnate automatically and moving up only depends on the goodness vs. the badness of your deeds during this life.

The Buddhist view

Yes, there is absolutely karma and something can be done about repairing it. You need to find out what is blocking you, repent and repair those bad deeds from previous life that are holding you back and then move forward from there. If you give up all physical desires and allow your heart to become pure, you too can achieve buddhahood.

The Taoist view

There may be karma. See to it that you make the best of this life, because life is hard to come by. With some adequate amount of hard work and determination you make become immortal.

I'll try to get my second post off to you tonight, but gotta go for now.

God knows where you got this from. I think it is very wrong and not your own thoughts just posted from anywhere and everywhere. Seems rediculous to me

Hi dmattward,

Here's the second post I promised you on your financial situation related to Taoism.

I recognize your problem. Sounds like you're down and out currently (running costs, but no income). This will be little solace, but over time many people, including taoists have succumbed to hunger.

For the long run, are you looking at cause and effect? To help you on the way, please allow me to summarize what you have said. You have an education, but you are not putting it work (i.e. you take unskilled, low-wage jobs with low job security. Having done this for 19 years, I gather that you never really sat down and thought through: a. What do I want to achieve by 5 years time (in your case, job situation-wise) b. Compared to my current skill-set and experience, what is missing? c. What do I need to undertake to achieve this goal?

I realize that one of these WTF signs that you have been experiencing may begin to light up again - but think about it: Cause and Effect! Perhaps you're in the current situation because your focus when things are going well is spiritual development rather than including spending some thought and effort on setting a goal and doing the gong fu required to achieve it?`

Try to write it down - spend a few weeks mapping out those imaginary scenarios. Then meditate on it - connect the heart and mind and ask your higher self to have a look at it for you, then let go and probably after a while (suddenly and in an instance) it will be crystal clear to you.

If any of this resonates and you want to some feedback or a more detailed set of questions to ask yourself, please feel free to PM me.

In any case, good luck - I really hope that you will have a break-through very shortly to get you back on track.

Edited by devoid

A shamanic friend of mine in Palm Springs owns an art gallery. He would be all over you to get further away from the problem and triangulate what your community needs. Study your community in an abstract way and Create something for yourself that addresses what your community lacks. This is getting away from looking for the traditional "job" mindset and getting into something much more creative. Even consider volunteering at something for a while to learn new skills or as an entree into a particular field you're interested in. Say you love animals; there are many ways to volunteer within that sphere. Volunteerism leads to jobism. I once approached an escrow company to work free for 2 weeks, and she could hire me if she liked what I did. It worked - I was an escrow officer for her company within a couple months. What I'm getting at is that in these times, the onus is on us to be more creative than the next guy.