Stigweard

My Resignation as a Moderator

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!?????

(Or as a retired cop would say, WILLIAM TANGO FRANK???)

Please stick around, friend. We do seem inundated with smartasses right now. They'll be gone...

• Like 4

We have mods? ;)

My point exactly.

Is there really that much moderation going on???

Back to practice.

Craig

• Like 1

:D

It's nobody's "fault", and yet it is everybody's "fault".

Every person involved, without exception, was acting out of the united belief of how amazing this forum is and the desire to preserve and nurture the spirit of TaoBums. Sometimes when we are hammering away at each others words we can forget this and wrongly see enemies when in truth we are all fighting for the same thing, I know I am guilty of this.

There are no enemies amongst us, there is no "us and them", we are all just a bunch of bums floundering our way through the wilderness, trying to make sense of it all, and yet united by the fact that we are all in this together.

I believe this "togetherness", that each of us contributes to, is where the real spirit of TaoBums lies and it is with that same "togetherness" that we will work our way through the current turbulence and co-create ways and means to make our participation with TaoBums even more enjoyable and rewarding.

:D

Stig,

This is great :) I agree completely.

I want to point out what is one of the greatest things I have ever seen anywhere in cyberjunk land (he he)

Something you did without any powers of moderation, just with your own sense of, well can I say virtue?

Remember the rather strange guy a couple of years ago that thought people were out to get him? and had one guy in particular that thought had hacked into his system and caused a lot of trouble for him? Sorry, I don't remember names. Many here tried to help this guy settle down. Then the other guy showed up here and there was a real freaking out ready to happen. There was real bad feelings and possible evil deeds if you believe in that stuff.

Anyway here comes Stig and very skillfully negotiates a truce. And gets a bunch of bums to chip in to buy him some "Fu", remember that?

This was such a generous, kind, caring, skillful, and powerfull interaction.

This you did without moderation. It was so much better that way. ANd you or anyone else with the right stuff could do it again.

ps, I have always considered you a friend, and I still do.

I hope you are well.

peace

• Like 3

...we are all just a bunch of bums floundering...

...on a beach, hoping our flopping brings us to the ocean...fin flicks from fellow fish who know a seaward vector are what this place is about.

Strange times most places...strange here too. Saddened. Not surprised. This forum is a dark shadow of the bright, friendly place of joyful, helpful exchange that it once was.

Friendliness is what has most been lost...we don't flick each other toward the sea as much as we flick each other up the beach...so sad. Remember what Albert Schweitzer said: "The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others"...IOW, flick others toward the sea of their realization.

You've always tried to do so here in my opinion Stig.

Thank you.

Please keep showing us what you know in the manner that you have...mod or not.

With much respect, mostly Love,

xeno

Edited by xenolith
  • Like 1

This forum is a dark shadow of the bright, friendly place of joyful, helpful exchange that it once was.

Hi Xeno,

I don't agree. The positive spirit is still alive and doing very well here. These changes that the board is going through right now is just something that had to happen. It is part of the evolution of the board.

And while some are experiencing pains as a result of what is happening at the moment it is also a moment of realization for all the members here.

I place no value judgements on what has happened as I do not have enough information to do so. But I will suggest that what is happening right now will bring about positive results.

Yes, I feel for those who are experiencing the pains of the events at the moment. But we are Taoists. We understand that change cannot be prevented. The opposite of destruction is creation - a new opportunity for advancement along our path.

Peace & Love!

(I had to include that in this post.)

Hi Marblehead,

Not aware of the changes that you refer to...moderators? Agree that there is still much positivity here...but from my perspective, much less than there once was...referring to a time before you became a member...positive of the absence of a positive correlation! ;)

Positively,

xeno

Edited by xenolith

Every time I saw "THE JANITOR" under your picture I always remembered the scene from The Crow after Gideon gets wasted by Top Dollar and Grange states "I'll have the janitor come on up" classic!

02:48

Hi Marblehead,

Not aware of the changes that you refer to...moderators? Agree that there is still much positivity here...but from my perspective, much less than there once was...referring to a time before you became a member...positive of the absence of a positive correlation! ;)

Positively,

xeno

Yeah, I don't rememeber anything from before I was born. Therefore I can't speak to an earlier time.

No, when speaking to changes I wasn't speaking directly to the moderating team. I thought and still believe that they were doing a fantastic job. I saw no reason for Mal to resign any of his authority nor of Stig to resign his position. But I know only what I see typed in the open forums so I am sure I am lacking of much info concerning this entire matter.

But yes, change is a given. Members come and go; moderators come and go; a constant flux of reversion and cycles. As with Buddhist reincarnation, hopefully each cycle will lead to something better. There are some people who are just not the type to be a moderator. I could never be one because I am too combative. Others could not be one because they become too emotionally involved in their decision-making, others just simply don't have what it takes to be a moderator.

But bottom line, I think this board is a lovely place for people with all kinds of backgrounds to mingle and share ideas and thoughts, ask questions and offer suggestions.

It is my opinion that Stig is a very wonderful person. I felt pain when I read his opening post. But I know he did what he felt he needed to do.

Enough!