surfingbudda

Taoism Vs Buddhism

Listen buddy, you are diverging the attention of your birth country to America. I don't care about America in general since I was not born in America. I said it again, America is a developed nation. Women have more rights than in another parts of the world, period. Are you an idiot since you seem to have a lot of book knowledge in Hinduism and Buddhism.

http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/25-04-2013/124414-india_rape-0/

That article says 22 minutes. For America its 1 minute. So much worse in America.

Edited by alwayson

Why don't you compare crime statistics country by country and get back to me.

I don't care about crime statistic. I care about the rights of women, specially Indian women. Yeah, there are hopes in your country with people like you having an enlightened mind. BTW, your heart chakra has not been opened because you don't have compassion for Indian women.....

Edited by ChiForce

I don't care about crime statistic, idiot.

Of course you don't. Because India has less crime and rape than other countries.

Of course you don't. Because India has less crime and rape than other countries.

Sad.....very sad.......

Sad.....very sad.......

You are right. I should just admit the truth.

Indian men are patriarchal rapists who view women as subservient.

If Indians viewed women as subservient (as someone hinted at), what about the whole Indian woman jewelry thing that's been going on for centuries? This is one of the major Indian traditions and another feature of outright matriarchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUr2E4dfs0Y

How come that $2 a day paid staff wasn't sporting any bling? haha.

So the bride's family is expected to provide the gold as the dowry......

"gold-plated jewelry shops in the poorest villages."

NEW DELHI: Facing problems of wide literacy gap and a patriarchal society, only 10 per cent of women in rural India own land in their name, according to the UN.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-10-12/news/34412783_1_women-claim-land-documents-regional-programme-director

"87 per cent of the women claim that their husbands did not want them to own land. In 57 per cent of cases culture and religion were important barriers and only 12 per cent of women respondents say they have or believe that they will inherit land from their parents," it said.

http://www.integralworld.net/harris32.html

In her book 'Moebius Trip' Giti Thadani tells of her travels all over India to seek out 'yogini' temples. The yogini is a term used to describe a great many forms of the goddess. It is very similar to the Buddhist dakini. India was once covered in yogini temples. They are quite different to the standard Aryan temple. They were usually circular and open to the sky. Alcoves in the walls held various forms of the goddess and some held gods. Thadani described finding one site that held four gods with erections, thus echoing the seal depicting the proto-Shiva I mentioned earlier. These temples also often contained a yoni stone, a stone carved to represent a woman's vulva. The goddesses of these temples were usually autonomous, independent of male gods. Some scholars have argued that some of the current Indian goddesses were once also independent, especially Saraswati and Kali-Durga, but were later assigned consorts by Aryan priests.

I'm taking a few short cuts (otherwise this introductory article will be too long) but essentially there is a considerable body of evidence to show that prior to Aryan influence Dravidian Indian worshipped the goddess. Thadani's books contain wonderful photos of yogini statues; the one that stands out for me is a cobra-headed yogini of the 9th century from Orissa.

ARYAN PATRIARCHY AND

DRAVIDIAN MATRIARCHY Ray Harris

http://www.integralworld.net/harris32.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=kT0s8TXoffsC&pg=PA231&lpg=PA231&dq=gold+in+rural+indian+patriarchy&source=bl&ots=74dmp-gs-v&sig=-cSIPkysH_N-rqGVy_3ON2Vxt0U&hl=en&sa=X&ei=SPSOUcmoIJKBqQGnxoHQCw&ved=0CEQQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=gold%20in%20rural%20indian%20patriarchy&f=false

Female Infanticide In India: A Feminist Cultural History

By Rashmi Dube Bhatnagar, Reena Dube

Typically, rural gold sales fall whenever there is fear of insufficient rains because that can lead to a squeeze on farm incomes.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124765314868944525.html

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

So the bride's family is expected to provide the gold as the dowry......

Jewelry buying is independent than anything to do with weddings or marriage.

Its possible the video didn't make this very clear.

Women be buying jewelry their entire life.

Edited by alwayson

How come that $2 a day paid staff wasn't sporting any bling? haha.

First off you don't wear bling as your daily wear. Secondly poverty is a different issue than patriarchy, isn't it?

First off you don't wear bling as your daily wear. Secondly poverty is a different issue than patriarchy, isn't it?

Depends how you define wealth -- personally I could care less about Gold - but if you are controlled by a Solar Ritual Priest Patriarchy then gold is the real standard of wealth as it is the Solar sacrifice money. So if the women's family provides the gold and the husband can take the gold -- and so who is being sacrificed? The patriarchal ritual Solar priests demanded that the circular Lunar Silver female ritual altars be at first made the same "size" as the solar male rectilinear sacrifice altars but then around 1200 BCE iron became more valuable than silver in India since iron means weapons - and so the female circular altars were covered up and replaced, etc. by the Solar rectilinear ritual priest patriarchy:

http://www.amazon.com/Moebius-Trip-Digressions-Indias-Highways/dp/1876756543

Fueled by 15 years of road trips, this traveling history follows the search for relics, lost temples, and sacred sites that comprise the archaeology of lesbians in ancient India. While exploring the places, stories, and people of India, the author goes beneath the surface of more recent patriarchal cultures that have neglected or desecrated icons of the sacred feminine to reveal the marvels and mythology nearly forgotten by history.

Farmers always get a low price compared to demand since the infinite math is based on logarithmic wealth standards - the Pythagorean Theorem originated in India around 3000 BCE -- as the first logarithmic justification to "contain" infinity using Solar patriarchy ritual priest geometry.

So land has to be expanded via chariot warfare -- because of rectilinear plow-based farming - it uses up the fertility of the land compared to hoe-based matrifocal horticulture.

And so the farmer gets the worst deal while the focus is on the logarithmic-based technology as an "infinite material production" scheme - Gold as Solar alchemy destroying the Earth-Lunar harmony -- creating desertification.

http://niranjana.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/moebius-trip-digressions-from-indias-highways-by-giti-thadani/

The country’s malnourishment rate is still among the highest in the world at 46 percent, almost twice that of sub-saharan countries. India ranks 67 in the Global Hunger Index. Hunger and malnourishment has gone up over the last 15 years, he said.

“India has the highest number of malnourished children in the world. The number of hungry people in India has gone up. Our GHI is worse than it was 15 years ago, but sub-saharan africa does not have our billionaires. The difference is stark in India,” he said.

http://www.firstpost.com/economy/wef-is-an-entertaining-sham-says-p-sainath-130112.html

Aryan-speaking charioteers, sweeping in from the north in about 1500 B.C., probably dealt the death-blow to the ancient Indus Valley civilization. But a few centuries later, by the time the Aryans compiled the Rig Veda, their collection of hymns and religious texts, the chariot had been transformed to a vehicle of ancient gods and heroes. Imprint on Languages

Chariot technology, Dr. Muhly noted, seems to have left an imprint on Indo-European languages and could help solve the enduring puzzle of where they originated. All of the technical terms connected with wheels, spokes, chariots and horses are represented in the early Indo-European vocabulary, the common root of nearly all modern European languages as well as those of Iran and India.

In which case, Dr. Muhly said, chariotry may well have developed before the original Indo-European speakers scattered. And if chariotry came first in the steppes east of the Urals, that could be the long-sought homeland of Indo-European languages. Indeed, fast spoke-wheeled vehicles could have been used to begin the spread of their language not only to India but to Europe.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/02/22/science/remaking-the-wheel-evolution-of-the-chariot.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Mathematics and the Divine: A Historical Study

edited by Teun Koetsier, Luc Bergmans

googlebooks

http://books.google.com/books?id=AMOQZfrZq-EC&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=seidenberg+ritual+priest+solar+pythagorean&source=bl&ots=q5CCx8TpNh&sig=N_I9yb4Xvv-hcyJ6alAKpCHPbjw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nPuOUbCIBY-0rgHt8IDoCw&ved=0CEwQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=seidenberg%20ritual%20priest%20solar%20pythagorean&f=false

In each case, the altar seems

to be simple and part of the
domestic
ritual, performed within the home
and different from the Agnicayana ritual which is a (relatively) “public”
ritual. In the one (late) case in which the Rigveda description implies
a shape, it is quadrangular (RV 10.114.3; cf. Potdar 1953: 73). In the
domestic ritual of a few centuries later, about which more evidence is
available, the altar is circular. Though not referred to, it is likely that
this circular altar was already known at the time of the Rigveda.
The Yajurveda was composed between 1000 and 800 B.C. and a full
third of it is devoted to the Agnicayana. The language is still similar
to that of the Rigveda but begins to develop in different directions
(see Renou 1956: Ch. I; Witzel 1989). Whatever the difference in
language between the two Vedas with their numerous subdivisions, it
is likely that there were also social and ethnic differences among its
users. Most of the Rigveda was probably composed by members of the
semi-nomadic Indo-European pastoralists whose tribes and clans had
trickled in across the mountain ranges that separate Central Asia from
Iran and the Indian subcontinent; whereas parts of the Yajurveda are
more likely to have been composed by indigenous Indians who had
become bilingual by adopting the language of these incoming tribes
as a second language (cf. Deshpande 1993). Why they adopted this
alien language has not been satisfactorily explained; but the fact is not
in doubt and not confined to India: it holds true of Indo-European in
general (see Mallory 1989: 257–261).

That the ritual was originally nomadic is indicated by a variety
of other facts. Ritual manuals prescribe that the payment of fees to
priests should preferably be made in the form of cows to which some
other animals may be added; or the sacrificer may give his daughters in
marriage to some of the priests; but payment cannot be made in the form
of land.

http://books.google.com/books?id=XHxkvLUIENIC&pg=PA232&lpg=PA232&dq=The+Square+and+the+Circle+of+the+Indian+Arts++By+Kapila+Vatsyayan&source=bl&ots=w3HcXaljH_&sig=fyDKURSduc1XR3k_rOCyCX4nJGg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8QSPUf_NMYm6qAHHsoCIBQ&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBDge#v=onepage&q=The%20Square%20and%20the%20Circle%20of%20the%20Indian%20Arts%20%20By%20Kapila%20Vatsyayan&f=false

googlebooks

this cites The Square and the Circle of the Indian Arts By Kapila Vatsyayan

So the body as the circle has the center as the navel -- just as with the lower tan tien in Taoism.

Between fourth and seventh centuries A.D. Brahmanas appeared to have settled in Kerala and established their religion....The square shape is basically the form of the vedic fire altar and strongly suggest the vedic mooring. It is categorized as the nagara style of temple in the architecutural texts. The rectangular plan is favoured for the Ananthasai Vishnu (Lord Vishnu in reclining posture) and the Sapta matrikas (Seven Mother Goddesses).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_Kerala

Something I'm wondering is how much these shifts and changes in mathematical calculations and such that you talk about a lot impacted the average joe in day to day life. Now I'm sure joe farmer out there was not pondering all of this directly but I imagine that through the process of cultural conditioning and the collective sub-conscious it must have changed the way he lived and out looked his day to day life. I'm just wondering how?

Something I'm wondering is how much these shifts and changes in mathematical calculations and such that you talk about a lot impacted the average joe in day to day life. Now I'm sure joe farmer out there was not pondering all of this directly but I imagine that through the process of cultural conditioning and the collective sub-conscious it must have changed the way he lived and out looked his day to day life. I'm just wondering how?

who controls the land for example - like in the Bushmen culture the females control the land - why? They dig up all the tubers, collect the nuts, gather the water, etc. So they also control where the males hunt...... and the males have to provide for their wife's family for three years -- living with the wife's family - before the male can "consummate" the marriage!!

So the opposite is true for modern humans which practice "female exogamy" - which is also what chimpanzees practice - chimps also have warfare and rape, etc.

So the female leaves her family to go live with the male's family - and basically is "sold" to the male and this is also how the male then controls the land with plow-based farming.

The female is not strong enough to push the plow with the oxen -- but the female does the horticultural gardening.

So like when I went to the oldest Berber village in Morocco - the females did all the farming - no plowing. They used humanure for compost. haha.

So the females' primary job is as a farmer but the female rarely owns the land - and this plow-based farming is ultimately not sustainable.....

A study conducted on the status of women farmers in Uttar Pradesh shows that only 6% of women own land, less than 1% have participated in government training programs, 4% have access to institutional credit and only 8% have control over agricultural income.

http://www.greengrants.org/2013/04/09/women-farmers-the-invisible-face-of-agriculture-in-india/

Gender discrimination runs deep at many levels: Women manage every aspect of farm work, but are not considered farmers. They toil in the fields—planting, sowing, weeding, and harvesting—but are not landowners. They harvest and process the produce, but men largely control the market and income.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_agriculture_in_India

Land ownership opportunities also have a critical impact on human development with freedom from violence. According to a 2005 study of marital violence and property ownership, 49% of propertyless women experience physical violence and 84% experienced psychological abuse. Ownership rights saw a drastic decrease in violence. Among women who owned both land and house there was only 7% physical violence and 16% psychological abuse.

who controls the land for example - like in the Bushmen culture the females control the land - why? They dig up all the tubers, collect the nuts, gather the water, etc. So they also control where the males hunt...... and the males have to provide for their wife's family for three years -- living with the wife's family - before the male can "consummate" the marriage!!

So the opposite is true for modern humans which practice "female exogamy" - which is also what chimpanzees practice - chimps also have warfare and rape, etc.

So the female leaves her family to go live with the male's family - and basically is "sold" to the male and this is also how the male then controls the land with plow-based farming.

The female is not strong enough to push the plow with the oxen -- but the female does the horticultural gardening.

So like when I went to the oldest Berber village in Morocco - the females did all the farming - no plowing. They used humanure for compost. haha.

So the females' primary job is as a farmer but the female rarely owns the land - and this plow-based farming is ultimately not sustainable.....

http://www.greengrants.org/2013/04/09/women-farmers-the-invisible-face-of-agriculture-in-india/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_agriculture_in_India

In another one of my discussions with my ex-gf who was the anthropologist we were discussing human violence (war,rape) and if I remember her explanation correct it was something along the lines that humans and chimps are both sort of nuts because we developed large cerebrums which along with the higher IQ brings with it greater tendencies for problematic behavior. [i'd say it certainly applied to her at least lol].

Then I asked her if that was THE reason why the Bonobos were more peaceful but according to her they had "issues" because they were totally sex obsessed.

So whats your say? Does a larger cerebrum bring with it greater problems necessarily or is there something else going on?

Edited by dmattwads

I've always thought it was quite interesting how the "enlightened" west makes decisions regarding other cultures. We try to change the way they live and behave, because our society is supposedly superior, yet how can we justify this? Are american's really happy people? Are they any happier than Indians or Malays or even Hondurans? The irony is that in recent times a large portion of the illegal immigrants that come to America to take advantage of the American Dream, end up leaving after just a short time, seeing through much of it for what it is, a lifestyle of consumption and misery, compounded by a culture and economy that strives to consume, but not really create anything worthwhile.

I'm wondering whether anyone ever bothered asking the women of these other countries whether they feel like they're taken advantage of, or have we decided that they are and hence we need to step in and convert them to a superior culture such as ours? I think its time that we stop trying to interfere in other cultures and start working on our own, because I think we can all agree we have a long way to go before we really offer happiness. There are far too many incidences to quote here, but suffice it to say, Iraq, Afghanistan, Central America, South America, and Vietnam come to mind.

Anyways this is vastly off-topic. Neither Buddhist or Taoists would advocate interference in other customs, I guess only Westernized intellectuals feel the need.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

In another one of my discussions with my ex-gf who was the anthropologist we were discussing human violence (war,rape) and if I remember her explanation correct it was something along the lines that humans and chimps are both sort of nuts because we developed large cerebrums which along with the higher IQ brings with it greater tendencies for problematic behavior. [i'd say it certainly applied to her at least lol].

Then I asked her if that was THE reason why the Bonobos were more peaceful but according to her they had "issues" because they were totally sex obsessed.

So whats your say? Does a larger cerebrum bring with it greater problems necessarily or is there something else going on?

well the bonobo male rarely ejaculates. So actually modern humans are much more obsessed with male ejaculation than the bonobos!

http://books.google.com/books?id=wR-_vgtCQP4C&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=male+bonobo+ejaculation&source=bl&ots=-5sREGI5PT&sig=v6RtBY0UCtTx0mdNKZOOmF0gSoM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gRKPUd-hI8vdqwGEh4DYCg&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=male%20bonobo%20ejaculation&f=false

googlebooks

The cerebrum is the emotional center of the brain - ejaculation addiction means cortisol stress increase from dopamine addiction of the cerebrum.

There are two different dopamine circuits in the brain - the cerebrum is for the primal emotional bliss from sex -- but also controls the other dopamine addictions like gambling, drugs, any type of "win-lose" emotional gambit like most sports as a kind of warfare exercise....

But there's another dopamine circuit which is the prefrontal cortex and that's for rational planning - so your brain gets a bliss spike from the expectation of a goal to be achieved.

So these circuits are related but if the cerebrum one dominants you get a positive feedback cycle of addiction because the male ejaculation causes the dopamine bliss to switch from the parasympathetic to the stress sympathetic nervous system as a cortisol spike.

So then the male ejaculation addiction goes back for more dopamine cerebrum bliss but it only ends in greater cortisol spike and so on as a positive feedback cycle that gets worse.

So the bonobos are controlled by the parasympathetic relaxation dopamine circuit which is the female orgasm that goes from dopamine to increased serotonin and then to increased oxytocin of the heart - so from the right side vagus to the left side vagus -- the right side is up from the reproductive organs to the brain and the left side goes down to the heart.

So the females cooperate to make sure the males don't get violent -- and so the bonobos are peaceful but their sex is actually the opposite kind of sex that is dominant for chimps and modern males. The Bushmen sex was a culture like the bonobos - as is the qigong and yoga shamanic training that originates from the bushmen culture.

So basically civilization with left brain and right hand dominance is an attempt by the females - and this started with chimps - to use technology to protect themselves from male rape -- whereby the males see the females as property to use as they will. So the males provide meat but demand sex as rape. So the females said - well just use spears to get our own meat and so we don't need the males.

So humans originated as a kind of hybrid of chimps and bonobos but for humans it is lunar menstrual synchronization that is tied to language development for long distance hunting to ensure more iron for more blood loss for long term child care for bigger brain adults, etc. So the females again cooperate by menstruation synchronization for a "sex strike" that ensures the males can not claim the females as property through rape - since the females are all ovulating at the same time so if they cooperate it ensures the males can not just grab a different female at a different time. So this cooperation was through ritual trance dance healing energy using the lunar iron chi energy -- called N/om as the original kundalini energy and this was tied to female control of the land also.

So yeah it's a deep issue because as the original humans traveled around earth this original Bushmen culture was retained by slowly changed as humans became more sedentary -- and so more abundance and so the males became arrogant -- thinking they didn't need the females to gather food and control the land and so the male ejaculation addiction began with war and rape, etc.

In africa there is cultural practice of cutting women's genitalia to promote marital fidelity. Folks were very relieved when it was made acceptable by western influences that they no longer need to keep to the practice. It is just my opinion that it is possible to apply ones own biases to folks of other cultures.Blaming western culture as everyone else's bane belies the embrace of many aspects of it.Just judge yourself if you must judge and leave the rest of us westerners to do the same.

well the bonobo male rarely ejaculates. So actually modern humans are much more obsessed with male ejaculation than the bonobos!

http://books.google.com/books?id=wR-_vgtCQP4C&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=male+bonobo+ejaculation&source=bl&ots=-5sREGI5PT&sig=v6RtBY0UCtTx0mdNKZOOmF0gSoM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gRKPUd-hI8vdqwGEh4DYCg&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=male%20bonobo%20ejaculation&f=false

googlebooks

The cerebrum is the emotional center of the brain - ejaculation addiction means cortisol stress increase from dopamine addiction of the cerebrum.

There are two different dopamine circuits in the brain - the cerebrum is for the primal emotional bliss from sex -- but also controls the other dopamine addictions like gambling, drugs, any type of "win-lose" emotional gambit like most sports as a kind of warfare exercise....

But there's another dopamine circuit which is the prefrontal cortex and that's for rational planning - so your brain gets a bliss spike from the expectation of a goal to be achieved.

So these circuits are related but if the cerebrum one dominants you get a positive feedback cycle of addiction because the male ejaculation causes the dopamine bliss to switch from the parasympathetic to the stress sympathetic nervous system as a cortisol spike.

So then the male ejaculation addiction goes back for more dopamine cerebrum bliss but it only ends in greater cortisol spike and so on as a positive feedback cycle that gets worse.

So the bonobos are controlled by the parasympathetic relaxation dopamine circuit which is the female orgasm that goes from dopamine to increased serotonin and then to increased oxytocin of the heart - so from the right side vagus to the left side vagus -- the right side is up from the reproductive organs to the brain and the left side goes down to the heart.

So the females cooperate to make sure the males don't get violent -- and so the bonobos are peaceful but their sex is actually the opposite kind of sex that is dominant for chimps and modern males. The Bushmen sex was a culture like the bonobos - as is the qigong and yoga shamanic training that originates from the bushmen culture.

So basically civilization with left brain and right hand dominance is an attempt by the females - and this started with chimps - to use technology to protect themselves from male rape -- whereby the males see the females as property to use as they will. So the males provide meat but demand sex as rape. So the females said - well just use spears to get our own meat and so we don't need the males.

So humans originated as a kind of hybrid of chimps and bonobos but for humans it is lunar menstrual synchronization that is tied to language development for long distance hunting to ensure more iron for more blood loss for long term child care for bigger brain adults, etc. So the females again cooperate by menstruation synchronization for a "sex strike" that ensures the males can not claim the females as property through rape - since the females are all ovulating at the same time so if they cooperate it ensures the males can not just grab a different female at a different time. So this cooperation was through ritual trance dance healing energy using the lunar iron chi energy -- called N/om as the original kundalini energy and this was tied to female control of the land also.

So yeah it's a deep issue because as the original humans traveled around earth this original Bushmen culture was retained by slowly changed as humans became more sedentary -- and so more abundance and so the males became arrogant -- thinking they didn't need the females to gather food and control the land and so the male ejaculation addiction began with war and rape, etc.

And this shift is part of that transition you were talking about from lunar/matriarchy to solar/patriarchy? And with the solar/patriarchy came agriculture, the infinity containing mathematics, war, rape, ejaculation addiction, and all that other jazz?

I found that video you posted a few days ago where that lady was talking about the connection between solar worship and the Christ myths.

Edited by dmattwads

In another one of my discussions with my ex-gf who was the anthropologist we were discussing human violence (war,rape) and if I remember her explanation correct it was something along the lines that humans and chimps are both sort of nuts because we developed large cerebrums which along with the higher IQ brings with it greater tendencies for problematic behavior. [i'd say it certainly applied to her at least lol]. Then I asked her if that was THE reason why the Bonobos were more peaceful but according to her they had "issues" because they were totally sex obsessed. So whats your say? Does a larger cerebrum bring with it greater problems necessarily or is there something else going on?
Its just my opinion, but yes, our capacities for abstractions predictions and novelty comes at a price, clarity of purpose sanity etc..

In africa there is cultural practice of cutting women's genitalia to promote marital fidelity. Folks were very relieved when it was made acceptable by western influences that they no longer need to keep to the practice. It is just my opinion that it is possible to apply ones own biases to folks of other cultures.Blaming western culture as everyone else's bane belies the embrace of many aspects of it.Just judge yourself if you must judge and leave the rest of us westerners to do the same.

Actually it doesn't in my opinion. Westerners have a history of trying to impose their own views on other cultures and it started in the middle ages with the crusades. Much of it has nothing to do with humanitarian sentiment, but rather as a way for us to grab a piece of the pie. We send people in to westernize a country and then set it up so that these countries are essentially supplying the west with goods at a fraction of their actual value. It's mostly about money, sometimes religion, and very rarely humanitarian.

Alwayson,

I would say India is becoming more westernized, but it's not quite there yet. I would say they're a few decades away from the problems endemic in the states.

Aaron

Bonobos have promiscuous sex to mitigate hostilities and to cement social bonds, male on male female on female , icluding juveniles, everyone seems to agee on that, making much more of it is speculation beyond purpose