Gauss

Falun Dafa thread - open discussion...

Ok,

so if ANYONE READING THIS HAS BECOME MORE FOND OF DAFA BECAUSE OF GAUSS'S PROPHECY POSTS, PLEASE REPLY...

Because I really doubt this. And if there is no one who has, don't you think you need to seriously reassess your actions here?

As for the rest of your points they have been argued well against, I think, with no avail, so.... :wub:

Uhh, I do (reply), and those who do may be the minority. But FD was never about popularity contest, if you want popularity American Idol may be still accepting applications.

I sometimes think posting about FD in Taobums is kind of like doing the 5th exercise, but without the physical pain. Just post something good about FD here and let the comments(mostly negative) come in - now that's some good karma burning and De transfer.

Edited by levo

Just post something good about FD here and let the comments(mostly negative) come in - now that's some good karma burning and De transfer.

I think you have got it backwards here.

The responses were made so that Mr Gauss and the 'silent' supporters of FD can have a chance to wash and churn out their (personal idea of) baddie karma thru exercising their muscle of 'forbearance' - the more negative you guys think the responses are, the more chance you get to increase your merits (this is according to Mr Gauss' personal view, not FD, as he has faithfully reminded on more than one occasion) - so its as if those here who patiently try to highlight the flawed premise of the OP are like bodhisattvas selflessly offering out opportunities to Mr Gauss (and supporters) to gain 'rectification' certificates of merit. Imagine if no one responded at all, it would just go to show there are no compassionate beings here on TTB, and Mr Gauss/supporter(s) would not have had the great fortune to bring their 'rectification' to another level thru increased forbearance.

So do not assume that the comments are mostly negative. Its just that you have missed seeing the higher intent and good in the 'bad' ones, is all.

Anyway, this is another example of a major flaw in FD.. all this talk of polarized states of things and people doing bad things and reaping bad karma and all that nonsense. Its just too simplistic a view that fail to incite any serious ponderations. This is not in accord with authentic Buddhist teachings at all, not sure about the other mainstream Eastern traditions. Such views can immediately be seen by mature, authentic practitioners as a sort of ploy aimed at fear-based brainwashing en masse. Since such weak concepts have already been proven to work big time (and is now crumbling equally as big a time) in most catholic countries, FD could have thought it a model worth emulating. Almost like hedged betting - its not a new thing. One is reminded of the potentially harmful impact such ideologies may cause.

Edited by CowTao

Uhh, I do (reply), and those who do may be the minority. But FD was never about popularity contest, if you want popularity American Idol may be still accepting applications.

I sometimes think posting about FD in Taobums is kind of like doing the 5th exercise, but without the physical pain. Just post something good about FD here and let the comments(mostly negative) come in - now that's some good karma burning and De transfer.

Actually, you got the fundamental principle of FD(xinxing) cultivation..

Just write a positive post about FD in here, take a harassment from the usual guys with a humble gratitude(in your heart) and by then you raised your realm and can sit longer in exercise 5 without pain... :)

Good luck and thanks for your message!

I think you have got it backwards here.

The responses were made so that Mr Gauss and the 'silent' supporters of FD can have a chance to wash and churn out their (personal idea of) baddie karma thru exercising their muscle of 'forbearance' - the more negative you guys think the responses are, the more chance you get to increase your merits (this is according to Mr Gauss' personal view, not FD, as he has faithfully reminded on more than one occasion) - so its as if those here who patiently try to highlight the flawed premise of the OP are like bodhisattvas selflessly offering out opportunities to Mr Gauss (and supporters) to gain 'rectification' certificates of merit.

You actually make a good point here. But I do think Levo has understood xinxing cultivation very well.

I would say the principle of xinxing cultivation is understood however it's practice in this context is misguided IMO. Review intention. Attachments seeking De gained improperly. Let it come natural in daily life. Don't set it up or go looking for it.

My humble opinion and nothing more :blush:

peace!

I would say the principle of xinxing cultivation is understood however it's practice in this context is misguided IMO. Review intention. Attachments seeking De gained improperly. Let it come natural in daily life. Don't set it up or go looking for it.

peace!

You are right of course. :)

The principle is understood but it was a joke consciously looking to gain "De" from some users here...

If someone does that I would say he is lacking compassion(Shan). We must try to help everyone, no matter which belief they hold.

Actually, you got the fundamental principle of FD(xinxing) cultivation..

Just write a positive post about FD in here, take a harassment from the usual guys with a humble gratitude(in your heart) and by then you raised your realm and can sit longer in exercise 5 without pain... :)

Good luck and thanks for your message!

I think your perception of being harassed here is down to your rigid attachment to your system more than anything else ie it's all your karma and attachments and doesn't have much to do with the intention of most of the people who reply.

I think your perception of being harassed here is down to your rigid attachment to your system more than anything else ie it's all your karma and attachments and doesn't have much to do with the intention of most of the people who reply.

A joke is a joke.. :)

My emotions count for nothing and have nothing to do with my true self.

What matters is Dafa and if people can understand xinxing cultivation like some people obviously can do in here.

Oh ok.

Sorry then go on Gauss! You're doing good!

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

peace!

Of course you're right. It was a joke. We can joke you know.

Peace to you also friend.

Over to another extremely interesting matter.

It is known since ancient time that the "Light" will first come from the North(many have said that meant Sweden) at Judgment Day, it is mentioned in many ancient western prophecies.

To my knowledge there is just one city called Falun in the world, it is placed in Sweden - in the north of Europe:

http://maps.google.se/maps?q=falun+map&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Falun,+Falu&gl=se&ei=m1rZTLyGDo3rObXOvLIJ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q8gEwAA

If Falun Dafa is the way of the future mankind, would it not be interesting to investigate the local history and legends of the city of Falun and its name?

What I found is astonishing:

In the Nordic religion "Asatro"(which means "Asia belief" in English) - there is a "river called "Slidr" coming from the east to rectify all evil and Slidr means "God-Li-He" translated from the ancient Nordic language....

The Poetic Edda - the prophecy of Voluspa:

36. River falls east

through venom dales

with scissors and sword;

Slídr is its name.

The city of "Falun" in Sweden has a name which was originally derived from a local river also called the "Falu river" running through the city...

See the resemblance with the river Slidr...

The "yellow river" this Falu river is also called in ancient words and this river has given name to the city of Falun.

The Falun emblem has a yellow center swastika and it is whirling like river water in the form of the swastika. Furthermore the famous wheel of the divine in the bible is said to make sounds like from water flowing...

http://www.falundafa.org/intro/0-falun.htm

That local Falu river in local tradition is said to "divide the city of Falun into a divine part and a horrid part"...

It is said nothing can grow on the horrid side of the city(there was a mine on that side in old times) while the other side of the river is flourishing with nice houses, plants, flowers etc...

Speaking about the judgment and good people being separated from wicked people at judgment.

In fact the city of Falun has judgment included in the legend of its local Falu river....

Edited by Gauss

Ok,

so if ANYONE READING THIS HAS BECOME MORE FOND OF DAFA BECAUSE OF GAUSS'S PROPHECY POSTS, PLEASE REPLY...

Because I really doubt this. And if there is no one who has, don't you think you need to seriously reassess your actions here?

As for the rest of your points they have been argued well against, I think, with no avail, so.... :wub:

I haven't exactly been quiet.

I find Gauss to be sincere but his concentration on Doomsday Prophecies are a turn off as the doctrine of Master Li's infallibility. His talks about FD's take on Buddhism (with its Lord Buddha = God) I find it way off center from what the main doctrines the human Buddha expounded(or from what I was taught the Buddha taught). I like my Buddhism deity free and maybe its not mainstream, but the tradition is there.

On the lighter side there is wisdom in his tradition and I see it in posts he's written on other subjects. But when he writes about FD I don't. But that's me.

Michael

I am impressed with Gauss. In my opinion he is able to remain compassionate and tolerant, while remaining strong and not being too weak or humble. THis is impressive when faced with some people who seem fairly mean and insist on trying to portray the system he practices in a bad light.

Of course people can always improve and be even better, and it is very hard to find the right balance between strength and humbleness, but I recognize the difficulty for him when some people are not going to hear anything but what they want to hear, and will do anything they can to twist what he is saying into something negative.....

• Like 1

Thanks Immortal4life for your kind words.

I know for a fact that self-complacency will lead to more obstructions in my cultivation path so I will try to take everything lightly, positive or negative feedback.

Anyway, since last time I researched a bit more about the legends of Falun and the old religion of Eddan.

Who will survive the end of days called "Ragnarok" according to Eddan:

In the place called Hoddmímir's Holt there shall lie hidden during the Fire of Surtr two of mankind, who are called thus: Líf and Lífthrasir, and for food they shall have the morning-dews. From these folk shall come so numerous an offspring that all the world shall be peopled, even as is said here:

Líf and Lífthrasir, | these shall lurk hidden

In the Holt of Hoddmímir;

The morning dews | their meat shall be;

Thence are gendered the generations.

Note that the name "Li" is included in the survivors names. It does not take much to speculate that it means those who believe in Li Hongzhi will make it through. And they will generate a new civilization in this world.

Now compare this tale with the legends of the city of Falun(the first treasure according to legend was the copper mine and the second one has been a secret throughout the ages. 1992 the mine was shut down and Falun Dafa was introduced to the world..):

"When the real treasure of Falun is found(by two twins or a twin girl it is said) it will generate as many houses as there are pebbles along the road of Falun."

Hence we are talking about a new civilization there too generated by the city of Falun.

We have spoken about Swedenborg earlier in this thread. It turns out his family farm still exists on the eastern(the divine) side of the city as a tourist attraction today. Swedenborg was very active in the copper mines of Falun since he was the chief expert of mineralogy(and much more) in Sweden....

And Swedenborg made an allegory where he said "Falun is situated in the east"... Of course the city of Falun is not in the east side of Sweden. He meant something else..

What are the odds that Swedenborg(considerring everything he said) of all places in the world has ties to the city of Falun? I find it amazing.

All feedback is welcome!

Edited by Gauss

I don't think it's really my place to judge other people's paths, but I find these subjects, like history, ancient culture, prophecy etc. fascinating

Could you tell me more, like a basic introduction, to what the religion of Eddan is? I'm not familiar with it

Edited by Immortal4life

I don't think it's really my place to judge other people's paths, but I find these subjects, like history, ancient culture, prophecy etc. fascinating

Could you tell me more, like a basic introduction, to what the religion of Eddan is? I'm not familiar with it

Thanks Immortal4life. I try to assist you here.

Eddan is the central scripture in the Nordic religion "Asatro". It is a polytheistic religion with many Gods, and Odin is the highest. The myth holds that the Nordic people reincarnated from Asia to Scandinavia and hence Asia is the center of focus in Asatro.

One believes the highest wisdom comes from there and that the rectification of the world will come from Asia(the river "Slidr" from the east). It is very fascinating to say the least.

They also predict an eternal winter called "Fimbulvinter" in Scandinavia during the last three years before Ragnarok(judgment).

English link: http://www.cybersamurai.net/Mythology/nordic_gods/LegendsSagas/Edda/ProseEdda/ContentsEnglish.htm

Asatro is still practiced by some people.

From my earlier post above:

In the Nordic religion "Asatro"(which means "Asia belief" in English) - there is a "river called "Slidr" coming from the east to rectify all evil and Slidr means "God-Li-He" translated from the ancient Nordic language....

The Poetic Edda - the prophecy of Voluspa:

36. River falls east

through venom dales

with scissors and sword;

Slídr is its name.

Note "Li" in the name Slidr. In my post above we learned that the sole survivors of Ragnarok would be "Lif" and "Liftrasa". Always "Li" is included..

The city of "Falun" in Sweden has a name which was originally derived from a local river also called the "Falu river" running through the city...

See the resemblance with the river Slidr in Eddan.

The "yellow river" this Falu river is also called in ancient legends and this river has given name to the city of Falun.

The Falun Dafa emblem has a yellow center swastika and it is whirling like river water in the form of the swastika. Furthermore the famous wheel of the divine in the bible is said to make sounds like from water flowing...

http://www.falundafa...tro/0-falun.htm

That local Falu river in local tradition is said to "divide the city of Falun into a divine part and a horrid part"...

It is said nothing can grow on the horrid side of the city(there was a huge mine on that side in old times) while the other side of the river is flourishing with nice houses, plants, flowers etc...

Speaking about judgment and good people being separated from wicked people.

In fact the city of Falun has judgment included in the legend of its local Falu river....

Some links to Falun Dafa and Li Hongzhi from the various Nordic legends and the ancient religion Asatro here would be:

Asatro - Eddan - Slidr - Lif - Liftrasa - the yellow river of Falun splits the city of Falun into heaven and hell - the double treasures of the city of Falun in the legend "Brorslotten(The Lion Share)" by Nobel prize winner Selma Lagerlof - the Falun Dafa symbol and its similarity with the typical Falun city red color and the yellow river splitting the city in two halves - The copper mine(first treasure in the legend of Falun) in Falun shut down in 1992, the same year Falun Dafa(the second main treasure of Falun, the big secret of the city of Falun in all the legends) was introduced to the world - the complete prophecies about Falun Dafa from Emanuel Swedenborg - the family farm of the "Swedenborgians" exists on the eastern divine side of the city of Falun and is a tourist attraction.

The links are many and overwhelming and they are too obvious to me, the more one researches the more one finds. Maybe it is no coincidence that Master Li visited Sweden as one of the first western countries in 1995 to spread the Fa there. In fact he just visited extremely few western countries and now resides in the US.

It seems nothing happens as a coincidence.

Edited by Gauss