bbsoft0

Ling-pao pi-fa

i am translating it right now. if u make effort i will point out yr mistakes.

In that case I will definitely not be diheartened, and keep up my efforts. Thank you!

YM, sure there are easier ways to attain this knowledge, but it is at the same time valuable practice for me. Since I study chinese medicine I also study chinese, and I keep up studying classics of chinese medicine (in chinese) on a daily basis. So this is part of my learning process. But, it is true that we do not need to learn spanish to dance salsa.

the sponsor of the second edition directly contradicts this:

顾或者曰:「昔锺祖云此经以八卦连十二时,其要在艮, 三田反覆,要在泥丸,下手工夫, 姑借咽气漱液为喻,而真气口诀,实在口传心授,不在文字间也。」 予细读数次, 见修真口诀, 详且尽矣,其词虽隐而不发,其道则已跃如也。

A visitor told me:...........the oral secrets were not put in writing. I, however, after reading many times, (was able to) see the true oral secrets....

LOL, I guess an introduction to a book that goes for sale can hardly say "you have just wasted your money, this book cannot be understood without a master"

Moreover, the world is simply filled with people who believe they know this and that, who think they have understood: just browse this forum and you will see

YM

LOL, I guess an introduction to a book that goes for sale can hardly say ..., this book cannot be understood without a master"

in your merriment u missed that the intro ALSO says exactly that.

Further the point of reprinting was not making money - it was to earn good karma; those books very rarely were bought by the practitioners becouse then as now those were few, they were bought for their poetical and talismanic value, and to earn good karma.

Moreover, the world is simply filled with people who believe they know this and that, who think they have understood: just browse this forum and you will see

YM

true but not relevant

Nice to see you posting again YM. Sanity needs all the help it can get around here :lol: .

Nice to see you enjoy YM's posts. I think his merits can stand on their own, no need to prop them up by putting down the rest of the TTB community.-_-

Nice to see you enjoy YM's posts. I think his merits can stand on their own, no need to prop them up by putting down the rest of the TTB community.-_-

Well, from memory I recall you and YM rarely see eye to eye.

Would you prefer I welcomed YM back by posting in your personal practice forum? Then you could continue your policy of deleting posts you disagree with. Or perhaps, you, like you accused me, didn't get the humour of the post?

Deleted a perfectly humorous post because someone found me even here in order to take offense at the humor and call it some other names, in fact call my intent names it didn't merit... and I didn't feel like explaining myself.

I suspect YM would not have deleted my post, or his own. He would have responded with facts, rather than censorship, instead. I do hope this post doesn't fall victim to extraordinary rendition.

Well, from memory I recall you and YM rarely see eye to eye.

Would you prefer I welcomed YM back by posting in your personal practice forum? Then you could continue your policy of deleting posts you disagree with. Or perhaps, you, like you accused me, didn't get the humour of the post?

I suspect YM would not have deleted my post, or his own. He would have responded with facts, rather than censorship, instead. I do hope this post doesn't fall victim to extraordinary rendition.

mjj,

I'm sorry I deleted your entry from my personal forum without so much as arguing with you, but it so happens that arguing with you bores me, so I decided against it and chose an easy way out, which is what a personal forum is for -- to have a shield which a public forum may not provide. At the main forum, people have to wait for mod action until someone insults someone. At a personal forum, however, all they need to wait for is to get bored, and voila... no subject to discuss.

To those who are listening in on the insinuations: mjj accused me of "deleting posts I disagree with," so for information purposes I make it known that I do not, in TTB mod capacity, delete anything from the main forum, ever, with the exception of my own posts (if I've changed my mind before someone has responded to them.) Turns out he didn't know or didn't care that personal practice forums are moderated by persons practicing writing in their own forum, so I moderated his post away from my personal practice forum as the mod of Taomeow's Personal Practice Forum, not as the mod of TTB. I winked at him here because in that exterminated post he accused me of exactly the thing he just did here (praising someone by putting down everyone else). Guess I overestimated his sense of humor once again. My bad.

As for YM: I do not deny someone his or her merit merely because we seldom see eye to eye.

Over and out (I hope... mjj, this really, really bores me, so I really, really hope you're done with the issue, if not, take it to PM, OK? -- let's not bore everyone else). Apologies all around for a boring post.

mjj,

I'm sorry I deleted your entry from my personal forum without so much as arguing with you, but it so happens that arguing with you bores me, so I decided against it and chose an easy way out, which is what a personal forum is for -- to have a shield which a public forum may not provide. At the main forum, people have to wait for mod action until someone insults someone. At a personal forum, however, all they need to wait for is to get bored, and voila... no subject to discuss.

To those who are listening in on the insinuations: mjj accused me of "deleting posts I disagree with," so for information purposes I make it known that I do not, in TTB mod capacity, delete anything from the main forum, ever, with the exception of my own posts (if I've changed my mind before someone has responded to them.) Turns out he didn't know or didn't care that personal practice forums are moderated by persons practicing writing in their own forum, so I moderated his post away from my personal practice forum as the mod of Taomeow's Personal Practice Forum, not as the mod of TTB. I winked at him here because in that exterminated post he accused me of exactly the thing he just did here (praising someone by putting down everyone else). Guess I overestimated his sense of humor once again. My bad.

As for YM: I do not deny someone his or her merit merely because we seldom see eye to eye.

Over and out (I hope... mjj, this really, really bores me, so I really, really hope you're done with the issue, if not, take it to PM, OK? -- let's not bore everyone else). Apologies all around for a boring post.

No, I don't think I will. Not with your attempt to put me down and twist the issue.

I made it perfectly clear in my recent post to Mal that I was not aware of any posts being deleted in the main forum. I made it perfectly clear that my comments were in reference to a post being deleted in a personal practice forum (I said the same to Stigweird when he PMed me). So, no 'insinuation' otherwise. Anyone can see my post saying such, and all such related posts, on the appropriate thread.

Hello Mal,

Stigweard PM'ed me about this and I told him it was in one of the personal practice forums, not the main one. I don't recall seeing any posts being removed from the main forum. Apologies for any confusion there.

The next time I see someone write utter BS about others in their personal section, I'll just post a response in the main forum instead. TTB's is afterall a forum, and as long as the rules are followed, there surely shouldn't be any problem with this. :)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/776-no-insults-in-taoistpersonal-practice-discussion/page__pid__215614__st__20entry215614

I really don't care if it bores you or not. I do care that you made a public statement that England, France, Germany and Spain are largely devoid of good taijiquan teachers, compared to your 'star spangled haven'. I care because it is simply not the case-quite the opposite. The claim that these countries have to get people in, like your teacher, for seminars because there are 'few, if any' teachers of the same level in these countries is not the case. Europe has a number of fine taijquan masters, and I think I can assert that based on having spent time with some of them. My post stated this and provided links to the websites of several organisations, groups and individuals.

That hardly compares to my comment about the 'sanity' of the forum. That things can, do and have gotten crazy and out of hand here is beyond dispute. I did not personalise my comment-you chose to do that. Purely because you wanted to get back at me. Shame you could not have done so by addressing the issues you raised and I replied to. That you were too 'bored' to hardly addresses the issue. It simply says you chose to avoid the issue because you were wrong, and didn't simply have the honesty to admit it.

Now, if your comments were all simply made in jest, then it would have been quite easy to say as much. You didn't. You deleted your post and mine and then played the 'I'm so above all this kind of stuff' card.

Pray do not play the condescension card. I think I have enough years of experience in all of this, from running and moderating forums, to qigong, neigong and taijiquan to offer a valid opinion. If you disagree with it, back your opinions up with something solid. If you can't, then forgo the bluff card or the arrogant response. It doesn't wash.

they were bought for their poetical and talismanic value, and to earn good karma.

I don't get it, how can buying a book earn you good karma eh?

Mjj, TM,

- men have the innate habit of speaking and understanding in general terms

- women have the innate habit of speaking and understanding in personal terms

I don't get it, how can buying a book earn you good karma eh?

easy, buying a sacred book means that the teaching will be spread and preserved in this vehicle, until the book reaches someone whom it will speak to, so its a good deed. Also the book itself was considered a talisman that will improve buyer's lot by its physical proximity to the person.

I don't get it, how can buying a book earn you good karma

In fact it doesn't

There are (other) books which are considered 'meritorious' for those who spread them, so in a way purchasing them and spreading their words can bring 'good karma'.

Most commonly however people who can are required to support their printing and they are then distributed for free.

But that is not the case with this or similar books, which are not really meant to be spread among people but are usually made for the initiates.

The most common 'merit' book is for instance the likes of 太上感应, these are very simple 'what to do' books meant for the common population (peasants) that are supposed to generate a 'good' 善 society.

It is true that some classics have a 'talismanic' power and simply owning them provide some sort of 'blessing', but again this is not the case of the mentioned books but more those real classics like the Dao De Jing.

YM

...are not really meant to be spread among people but are usually made for the initiates.

YM

an introduction to a book that goes for sale

so which is it?

Also, again YM directly contradicts the author of the second foreword

愿与海内读... Hoping that (in the land ) between the seas this will be read...

Sounds like "meant to be spread among people " to me.

some classics have a 'talismanic' power....this is not the case of the mentioned books

if u say so.

post-53524-128603147758_thumb.jpg

Edited by TianShi

Thanks again YM.

'merit'

To better understand what you mean, could you please expand a bit on what this word means to a daoist practitioner?

Thanks again YM.

To better understand what you mean, could you please expand a bit on what this word means to a daoist practitioner?

It's 功德 in Chinese, the favorable response from Heaven after one makes a virtuous action

If you read the popular 太上感应 which is also available in English it is explained quite well, it's basically the law of action and reaction

YM

Does someone translated Ling Bao Bi Fa on English?

Does some hear about Ling Bao Ming?

There are works related to Master Lu Dong Bin that question authenticity of Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Ormus

Does someone translated Ling Bao Bi Fa on English?

Does some hear about Ling Bao Ming?

There are works related to Master Lu Dong Bin that question authenticity of Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Ormus

There is the translation Of Ling Bao Bi Fa to french By Farzeen Baldrian Hussein which is very good IMO. I don't know of any in English though

Do you have this French translation complete as pdf maybe?

Ormus

No sorry, I don't have it as pdf. But you can buy it here, it's not realy that expensive imo and as far as I know it's the only western translation available as a book. https://www.amazon.fr/Proc%C3%A9d%C3%A9s-secrets-Joyau-Magique-dalchimie/dp/2866810090

Edited by TheDustAutumn