rodgerj

Stillness Movement

yes, in the same vein muscular tension inhibits qi flow.

or kinking an electrical cord forcefully enough stops the electricity.

• Like 1

edit - will keep practicing, experimenting ask questions later

Edited by sinansencer

The term "Stillness Movement" has been bothering me quite sometime. IMO It would be more appropriate to look at 'stillness' as 'static' and 'movement' as 'dynamic'. Static and dynamic are more of an adjective rather than putting two nouns together such as "Stillness Movement" as proper term. After all, it has less confusion.

• Like 1

The term "Stillness Movement" has been bothering me quite sometime. IMO It would be more appropriate to look at 'stillness' as 'static' and 'movement' as 'dynamic'. Static and dynamic are more of an adjective rather than putting two nouns together such as "Stillness Movement" as proper term. After all, it has less confusion.

Honestly, you were told multiple times on different threads about the system. You do have to pay attention and not make stuff up. There is no confusion whatsoever. It is called Stillness-Movement. That IS the name of the system.

Static-Dynamic is an OK term as well. They really mean the exact same thing. But non-technical people would have more confusion calling it that.

Static - Stillness

Dynamic - Movement

sinansencer

Stillness-Movement should be done exactly like I taught in the workshop. Many thousands of hours of practice arrived at that which is taught. If you have any questions about what I taught in the workshop please email me or call me and I would be glad to clarify. Hope you are doing well!

• Like 4

dynamic stillness; heartbeat, breath

Static movement; skidding on my ass down the slide :D

I do appreciate that.... :)

If I may add:

Dynamic / stillness VS heartbeat / sitting; breathing / sitting

Static / movement VS stillness / heartbeat; stillness / breathing

Static/dynamic as:

internal(static) VS external(dynamic): emptiness of the mind / body movement as in Spontaneous Chi Kung;

external(static) VS internal(dynamic): zazen/breathing; zazen / all the vital activities takes place inside the body.

@Ya Mu...

Just ignore me.... :)

Edited by ChiDragon

"Static/dynamic as:
internal(static) VS external(dynamic): emptiness of the mind / body movement as in Spontaneous Chi Kung;
external(static) VS internal(dynamic): zazen/breathing; zazen / all the vital activities takes place inside the body."

Except the Stillness-Movement neigong is:

internal (static), stilling the mind, [then not vs but allowing] internal (dynamic) which occurs due to specific internal - dynamic energetics then allowing external body - dynamic.

In a sleep lab, we have measured brain waves (mine) doing standing stillness-movement for a time period of 3 minutes. Within 3 minutes, while standing, the brain went through the first 3 stages of sleep going steadily deeper and the body was moving.

So Stillness - mind leads to internal energy Movement leads to external Movement of body. Really, it is the internal movement which is important. It simply follows that some external will occur as the body conforms (if we ALLOW) to the patterns internally, a microcosm-macrocosm thing. This allowing IS the body alignment with energetics.

• Like 5

Thanks yeh I hope you are well too, I have found answers to my "questions" cheers :)

Just want to note an unexpected and interesting experience that happened today ,

was nodding my head to some music i was working on and before i knew it S-M kicked in !

haha , head nodding stillness movement , coool !

• Like 2

Just want to note an unexpected and interesting experience that happened today ,

was nodding my head to some music i was working on and before i knew it S-M kicked in !

haha , head nodding stillness movement , coool !

Nice. :) I've noticed that in addition to music, other things that can set off spontaneous S-M for me are walking through or contemplating natural environments, and sudden epiphanies that break the usual linear chain of thought.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 2

Nice. :) I've noticed that in addition to music, other things that can set off spontaneous S-M for me are walking through or contemplating natural environments, and sudden epiphanies that break the usual linear chain of thought.

I have noticed this as well. Deep prayer always sends me into s-m.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 3