Gerard

Time to move on

Do you feel like an ogre? I never called you an ogre. Are you projecting? Funny thing is ...it's you who constantly makes an 'ogre' out of people who disagree as you can see by my list. Now that's hilarious! :o

have a good one!!

Ok.

Size isn't everything ... or so I like to believe. :)

Nice post Apepch7!

One pat on the back and one virtual hug for you.

(I just had to do that, you know.)

Peace & Love!

Apparently this right is seen by some to be the exclusive status that belong to those who profess allegiance to Taoism.

Its amazing that those who seem so agitated by what they read are the same people who proclaim that their intention here is to learn and share. Well, if i was agitated by someone's words or actions, the first thing i would ask myself is, where does this agitation/aversion arise from? And work at it from there. By screaming at others it only serves to detract me from finding the root cause of the lack of ease in myself. Its almost like a distraction that prevents me from seeing that others too have their stuff to work through, and this forum can often be the very source that reveals things not so much about the projected disdain and ugliness of others, but more so the revelation of my own shortcomings in facing up to where exactly this projection is coming out from. If i can keep this mindfulness, i am usually grand, but at times its easy to lose it, not because there are stupid things being said by others, its simply my own lack of tolerance and acceptance that gets in the way.

Perhaps this is one of the ways to grow thru learning, no? If everyone agrees with everyone else, what is the point of discussions? Look at some of the Taoist philosophy threads... All one sees are pats on the back and sweet exchanges of niceties, like 10 responses tops, all congratulatory in nature, all in agreement of sorts. "Yeah, i feel the same, this is it, the way its meant to be, i realized it and so on", and thats the end of the thread. Discourses are meant to incite deeper introspections into what makes us want to tick, and what ticks us off. Often these do not create too much comfort. Should it be that comfort is what one seeks, then perhaps this is not the place to get it. So what if its not? No need to throw tantrums around, and blame others for one's own inability to rise above the convoluted frailties of online discussions.

just some reflections...

Truly insightful, in my opinion. :lol:

Well, I have heard it said that when Mary and Joseph travelled to Bethlehem she was on his ass the entire trip.

I don't know what this has to do with anything but I thought it was relevant when it came to my mind.

Peace & Love!

Well, I have heard it said that when Mary and Joseph travelled to Bethlehem she was on his ass the entire trip.

I don't know what this has to do with anything but I thought it was relevant when it came to my mind.

Peace & Love!

So you guys are like my collective wife? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you guys are like my collective wife? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehehe. Like I said, I have no idea of its significance.

Peace & Love!

Are you unwilling to not be reactive? If you take another point of view to my posts that I am just speaking my own experience and view, and not take your own button reactions so seriously. You'll have another outlook and perception.

I'm just matter of fact and speak what I feel and experience to be right. I actually have far more supporters than those that post. They are scared of you guys... honestly. You guys are pissed off from your own state of seeing.

I speak life and my experience of life through Buddhist terminology, that is all. That's all. Because someone said the way is narrow, doesn't mean your mind has to be.

That's not being reactive. This is feedback for you, bro, from a lot of us here. Why can't you shift your message? Your many! supporters here are all silent because of...?

Why do they not just say so. Nobody will attack them for saying they support you. Your behavior here is obnoxious. You could probably make some Buddhist points if you weren't so dense about this. Is this too much for many of us here to ask? I keep noticing there are many more here who find you obnoxious ("look in the mirror" "you're projecting" etc., is your typical response.) This is getting old, man.

Who are your supporters? Your refusal to say makes me call into question that there is not that many. You speak life and experience through Buddhist terminology, "that's all"? I find that others, including mikaelz are able to do this in a way that is not preachy and superior anymore. CowTao is respectful and circumspect in his postings.

The reason we are reacting to you is your repetitive, boorish behavior, invading many topics--like this one!--over and over again and ruining many discussions. So while I appreciate Mr Cow's points, it's not for us to keep asking why your obnoxiousness bothers us all so much, but for you to check your own insufferable compulsions!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

The best thing for an argument is not words and ideas, but to stop arguing!
Arguments are a symptom of confusion.

The only real way to stop arguments then is to convincingly end the confusion. For example, few people debate a "flat Earth" or heliocentricity anymore.. But with the arcane subject matter under discussion here (nature of existence/existence of nature), that is not likely going to happen anytime soon... :lol:

So, until we're all enlightened, let the show go on...

Edited by vortex

So, until we're all enlightened, let the show go on...

I just wanted to say that I love that video clip in your signature! It is so cool!

Peace & Love!

Thanks Marblehead & Songs!

Your many! supporters here are all silent because of...?
Well, I don't normally post "attaboys" because I don't think this forum needs to be a popularity contest...but just for the record, I'm a big fan of Vaj here for his expertise in Buddhism. I enjoy learning about stuff I'm interested in, but not very familiar with yet...and feel fortunate that he takes his time to teach what he knows here.

I also admire his tenacity in the face of vocal minorities and not caving into peer pressure. Only weaknuts do that. :D

I do realize many may disagree with him - but they are always free to prove him wrong or ignore him.

Thanks Marblehead & Songs!Well, I don't normally post "attaboys" because I don't think this forum needs to be a popularity contest...but just for the record, I'm a big fan of Vaj here for his expertise in Buddhism. I enjoy learning about stuff I'm interested in, but not very familiar with yet...and feel fortunate that he takes his time to teach what he knows here.

I also admire his tenacity in the face of vocal minorities and not caving into peer pressure. Only weaknuts do that. :D

I do realize many may disagree with him - but they are always free to prove him wrong or ignore him.

Yeah I've actually used the info I got from Vaj's posts on Buddhism in a couple of philosophy classes/clubs/conversations to help clear up some finer points that another person was attempting to make..... so, props for spreading some info.

Well, just don't expect any of us Taoists to offer to kiss and make up, Okay?

Peace & Love!

5-

I'm not saying his posts are a waste of time, but he invades and derails many threads, and touts the superiority of his path and states that others are inferior, over and over= obnoxious

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

5-

I'm not saying his posts are a waste of time, but he invades and derails many threads, and touts the superiority of his path and states that others are inferior, over and over= obnoxious

I agree. Actually, I believe that he has a lot to offer those who wish to learn his understandings. But like you said ...

As long as he continues to disrupt discussions of Taoist concepts by injecting his wrong-view Buddhism into the discussion there will be members here who will be on his case.

Peace & Love!

Why can't he start his own Buddhist thread and all his followers and he can live it up as much as possible without invading other threads and we can always peek n to see how much fun y'all are having? he can post appropriately in all other threads and save the hardcore Buddhist manifestoes for the Buddhist corner?

Hey Vaj, are ye listening? Whaddya think??????

Well.... that's two more pages of 'Durkhrod says goodbye/not goodbye'.

Who's saying goodbye now then?

Maybe we should have a new section on the site, just like there is a lobby for saying 'hello', there can be an exit point for 'goodbyes'.

I really don't like goodbyes. They have always brought tears to my eyes and they make my little ole heart feel so heavy.

Peace & Love!

Why can't he start his own Buddhist thread and all his followers and he can live it up as much as possible without invading other threads and we can always peek n to see how much fun y'all are having? he can post appropriately in all other threads and save the hardcore Buddhist manifestoes for the Buddhist corner?

Hey Vaj, are ye listening? Whaddya think??????

It's already pretty obvious what he thinks. He won't do it. He's a troll and an energy vampire. He wants to share his suffering but he doesn't know that what he's doing. He thinks his annoying others over and over with the same thing is justified because he's helping you find your suffering, and of course it isn't his fault because as he looks down from on high he will tell you that if you're suffering that it's your fault, due to your ignorance, and he wants to help you see that. It is true in a way, but in reality he is instigating it on purpose.

That's how he justifies it mentally to himself, but he's really just a common energy vampire, acting like a cheap whore, he's 'selling' his wares in order to feed off your energy. Can't you tell that he's really enjoying his little game of being an annoyance, he thinks he's above it all but he's hurting inside.

As with all trolls and energy vampires, even though they are disturbing the members in what actually is a covert attack, they do it in a way that doesn't break any of the rules. And that's the problem with rules, lowlifes manipulate them for their own benefit.

So, as with all trolls and energy vampires, the only thing that will make him leave is for no one to respond to him. This will at first cause his attacks to get less subtle as he pushes harder for negative reactions. However, even if most agree to not respond to him there will always be the spoiler in a group like this. If everbody did go along with it then the troll will start saying agreeable things in order to get a response, but as soon as it starts over he will revert to his energy vampire ways.

Of course the ugly thing will tell you to put him on ignore, knowing full well that doesn't work because you will still read his comments quoted by others.

Edited by Starjumper7

Well, all my grandparents are dead, as are there ancestors before them. That's all the proof I need.

Actually it's not dogmatic, it's provable. They are dead

Where is your proof of the afterlife. Nobody has come back from death and talked about it.

I don't want to hear quotes from 'holy' books either.

This is the main problem where people fails to understand one of the basic principles of Buddhism: impermanence.

Why do you think you will remain the same after the physical death you will eventually experience in your life form as "adept"?

And I am not talking about dogma. Do this simple test for me:

Think of a dog. Try to keep this thought for 10 minutes in a non-stop fashion, and let us know if you were successful.

If you succeed then the Buddha was totally wrong.

This is the main problem where people fails to understand one of the basic principles of Buddhism: impermanence.

Why do you think you will remain the same after the physical death you will eventually experience in your life form as "adept"?

Think of a dog. Try to keep this thought for 10 minutes in a non-stop fashion, and let us know if you were successful.

Are you saying you can't think about a dog and write a detailed essay about it for 10 minutes? That's thinking about a dog for 10 minutes. I don't understand your point. How would that invalidate the Buddhas 4 truths?

Woof!!!!

I really don't like goodbyes. They have always brought tears to my eyes and they make my little ole heart feel so heavy.

Peace & Love!

You big softee you.

My solution is no one ever says goodbye then.

That way then there's always the possibility and hope they may come back..... like a lost lover! :D