Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

MANIFESTING

Pietro,

I've seen my transitioned grandmother, so I've not had a problem with the concept of channeling. But I was a hardcore Buddhist when I was first introduced to her, so her material sounded too nice and not enough hellfire and brimstone of samsara for me. But I'm an intellectual type and was willing to explore it and eventually I felt that Abraham's explanation of causality had great explanatory power than even the most accessible Buddhist teachers that I have studied. As teachers, they embody the spirit better than Esther does but her articulations are superior--I'd say two decimal places worth of accuracy.

Even if you don't believe in channeling, just pretend that she got hit on the head at a young age and has some unusual ideas to consider.

On their website, they have an introductory CD you can download for free to see if it's the kind of thing that you dig. My favorite books she's written are the Sara and Seth kid stories, I think there are three books. But you can also find her recent books in any bookstore in the US to flip through. I've got plenty of tapes, and would be happy to mail them your way.

The big test of her theory came with Mrs. Yoda, but it could be done much easier with a co-worker or somebody you don't spend much time with. Just imagine that person being shitty for a few days and see how they treat you and then imagine them being angelic for a few days and see what happens.

Don't see the best in people for their sake, see the best in people for your sake!

-Yoda

Pietro,

I've seen my transitioned grandmother, so I've not had a problem with the concept of channeling. But I was a hardcore Buddhist when I was first introduced to her, so her material sounded too nice and not enough hellfire and brimstone of samsara for me. But I'm an intellectual type and was willing to explore it and eventually I felt that Abraham's explanation of causality had great explanatory power than even the most accessible Buddhist teachers that I have studied. As teachers, they embody the spirit better than Esther does but her articulations are superior--I'd say two decimal places worth of accuracy.

Even if you don't believe in channeling, just pretend that she got hit on the head at a young age and has some unusual ideas to consider.

On their website, they have an introductory CD you can download for free to see if it's the kind of thing that you dig. My favorite books she's written are the Sara and Seth kid stories, I think there are three books. But you can also find her recent books in any bookstore in the US to flip through. I've got plenty of tapes, and would be happy to mail them your way.

The big test of her theory came with Mrs. Yoda, but it could be done much easier with a co-worker or somebody you don't spend much time with. Just imagine that person being shitty for a few days and see how they treat you and then imagine them being angelic for a few days and see what happens.

Don't see the best in people for their sake, see the best in people for your sake!

-Yoda

Hmm, much to process. Yes, I shall try, and thanks for the tip. I find funny how you keep refering to teachers I never heard, as if obviously I should know them long time ago. Who is Esther? :)

Never mind.

I'll see, download, order, test, and report.

Pietro

Funny true story... I was thinking the other day, maybe about a month ago, about what kind of car I'd want to get next, and I decided I wanted a Honda Accord, no real reason, I just feel good about them and they seem reliable. Been driving my Mazda my whole life. Well, get this-- a friend of mine calls me today and tells me he's moving in a month and asked if I wanted to buy his car (a Honda Accord.) I really would much rather he stay in town than buy his car, so I'm hoping my manifestation power isn't that strong.

More manifesting news. Early this week I wanted to collect some rock songs w/ the theme of dreaming in them. Something to listen to at night, maybe help my dream work along. The next day I saw a compillation album, all dream songs and on sale :)

Strange.

Michael

Thankx for the discussion... I always just wonder in how far our wishes materialized interfere with the life of others who haven't asked for what we wish...

Harry

Sunshine,

If you buy the theory that one's own vibrational transmission manifests itself whether it's Thelerner buying a cd or Yoda getting a collapsed lung... (ie both for good or for bad) then it's impossible for one person to interfere with another and a sense of liberation arises.

My friend who was on his deathbed this last year blamed his doctors, his wife, his genetics, his karma, etc for his situation. After he got tired of fighting the disease he decided that death was the best option and that dying with peace in his heart was to be his objective. Somehow he was able to release others from their responsiblity for him and very quickly he recovered 99% and his recovery continues. It came with it a discovery on a very deep level that his life is his responsibility and that he can only victimize himself.

-Yoda

Sunshine,

If you buy the theory that one's own vibrational transmission manifests itself whether it's Thelerner buying a cd or Yoda getting a collapsed lung... (ie both for good or for bad) then it's impossible for one person to interfere with another and a sense of liberation arises.

My friend who was on his deathbed this last year blamed his doctors, his wife, his genetics, his karma, etc for his situation. After he got tired of fighting the disease he decided that death was the best option and that dying with peace in his heart was to be his objective. Somehow he was able to release others from their responsiblity for him and very quickly he recovered 99% and his recovery continues. It came with it a discovery on a very deep level that his life is his responsibility and that he can only victimize himself.

-Yoda

Some very deep and powerful insights, Yoda. What I mean is things like this:

if I manifest a lottery win... I wil be the one getting something which originally was intended for somebody else... by my manifesting I have interfered with somebody elses life...

what about this

Harry

imo, lottery winnings aren't predestined for anyone specifically. Just take what you want from life, life will make more.

Traditionally, people think in terms of "supply and demand" and they assume that there's a shortage of abundance instead of Jesus' "ask and you shall recieve" model. Thelerner just bought a rare cd on dreaming and I manifested a collapsed lung and Lozen gets an Accord... say if everybody started desiring dreaming cds, more would be made. Same for popped lungs and Accords. I believe that this reasoning can be used to explain larger phenomenon as well like the vibration of the planet one is born on, etc. But is most easily tested on the small experiences like the cds and so forth and go from there. Asking for more love and peace is yummier than desiring gizmos, but no problem with that either especially if you love gizmos then you'll be in on the love vibe, just getting at it the long way around.

On and off in my life I've been in the groove where I could manifest anything that I desired with just a gentle amount of thought like in the cd example. It takes a certain amount of satisfaction level to manifest like that all the time. I've been in places where I couldn't manifest a happy thing worth anything so I'm reasonably understanding of both the abundancy and scarcity paradigms. Both seem very real when they are your daily experience. Just look at kids or nature if you ever want to recharge your belief in abundance and happiness.

-Yoda

I think part of the problem in manifesting is trying to manifest big things right off the bat. I got blown away by how fast I have manifested some simple things. Now I want to try going for some larger situations and things, but I think that they have to harmonize with my life theme as I understand it in the moment. Everything has to be in charactor so to speak.

I wanted to upgrade my tv mostly for watching dvds and videos. I generated feelings of how it would feel having the new tube then let it go. I almonst didn't care about it. A week later I was intalling cabinets in someones home and I noticed a tv in the garage that looked like what I imagined the new tv would be like and thought whether that would be my tv. At the end of the day the homeowner offered me the tv and a video player.

My friend's keeping his car, btw. Which is good because I haven't manifested the money to buy it from him yet, ah hah hah.

Lozen,

Then you have manifested an opportunity to focus your desire and play with it for awhile to entice more money your way.

-Yoda

Me trying to "entice money" and "focus on desire" just feels so ego-based. I'm not really into manifestation. I prefer prayer. I may not get what I want, but I always get what I need.

imo, steps 3-6 are all the same: feeling good. If that takes letting go, ritual, meditation, chikung, planning, hard work, tithing, gaining merit, becoming more specific about what you want, becoming less specific about what you want, playing golf more often, having sex more often/less often/retention/no retention, visualizing your enemies dying before you, visualizing the benefits that your desires will have for others, thinking about how much your parents would approve/disapprove, etc. Do whatever it takes to feel good. This is a much bigger step than focusing desire. Thelerner had just a casual desire for his cd and feeling good and worthy about his desire is what brought it to him.

...... So now you have to work through the things that are blocking you from manifesting what you want.

This is where you need to start changing your beliefs. Sunshine, in his post illustrated his belief 'that there are finite number of resources, and if you get them, someone else looses out' - this is one of the main beliefs that stop people from getting what they want out of life, and I'm glad Yoda caught on to that.

Now Yoda's take on this, I believe, comes from Abraham, and while it's very appealing to assume we're at the end of a pipe of infinite possibility, I'm not sure I regard Abraham's word as conclusive.

For example Barry Long, (and I'm not saying his word is conclusive either, but it does show that other views are possible) in his book "A Prayer for Life", says that poverty and hunger are entirely a consequence of some peoples prayers being weaker than other people's. In short, that resources, on this planet at this time, are very clearly limited.

Else why are people starving to death, while we try to manifest the ideal car/job/whatever?

Also thoughts about whether you deserve what you want, whether you would feel comfortable having what you want, what family and friends would think if you got what you wanted. Is it really possible to have what you want? etc etc. These are all blocks to manifesting .....

Do we think the mothers of dying children "aren't comfortable enough" with the idea of their child surviving? Or is it just that their manifesting suffers from a lack of the feelgood factor? Surely they are sincere enough, wholehearted enough to cause a few cosmic ripples?

Now I'm not trying to paint myself as ultra-virtuous. I don't give my salary away. I'm not special. It's just that all this getting oneself nice stuff is in no way a spiritual practice and really shouldn't be confused with one.

Why should we "get what we want out of life"? Listen to that phrase. We, separate, go up to life, extract what we want, and take it back to our bubble? We can't get anything out of life. We're in life. And what we want is the problem.

"Not my will, o lord, but thy will be done." How about a bit of that?

Grrrrrrrrr. :angry:

Now Yoda's take on this, I believe, comes from Abraham, and while it's very appealing to assume we're at the end of a pipe of infinite possibility, I'm not sure I regard Abraham's word as conclusive.

For example Barry Long, (and I'm not saying his word is conclusive either, but it does show that other views are possible) in his book "A Prayer for Life", says that poverty and hunger are entirely a consequence of some peoples prayers being weaker than other people's. In short, that resources, on this planet at this time, are very clearly limited.

Else why are people starving to death, while we try to manifest the ideal car/job/whatever?

Do we think the mothers of dying children "aren't comfortable enough" with the idea of their child surviving? Or is it just that their manifesting suffers from a lack of the feelgood factor? Surely they are sincere enough, wholehearted enough to cause a few cosmic ripples?

Hi Ian, there's no way to know what goes on in someone else's mind or their expectations..who knows?

Now I'm not trying to paint myself as ultra-virtuous. I don't give my salary away. I'm not special. It's just that all this getting oneself nice stuff is in no way a spiritual practice and really shouldn't be confused with one.

Why should we "get what we want out of life"? Listen to that phrase. We, separate, go up to life, extract what we want, and take it back to our bubble? We can't get anything out of life. We're in life. And what we want is the problem.

"Not my will, o lord, but thy will be done." How about a bit of that?

Grrrrrrrrr. :angry:

To me this is more of the 'poor = good' 'denial=virtuous' belief system. It doesn't have to be that way. As far as a spiritual practice, consider this. A person 'Joe' has a desire. He can deny it or satisfy it. Why is denying it a spritual practice and satisfying is not a spiritual practice? Could not satisfying desires also help one to break through this illusion as well?

Getting nice stuff is not necessarily bad and giving away your salary is not necessarily virtuous.

And when you say 'not my will...but thy will'..what are you saying? Is there necessarily a conflict?

Just some thoughts..

T

As far as a spiritual practice, consider this. A person 'Joe' has a desire. He can deny it or satisfy it. Why is denying it a spritual practice and satisfying is not a spiritual practice? Could not satisfying desires also help one to break through this illusion as well?

Well, no. At least not nearly as often. Because satisfying the desire involves Joe running along with the mind that formed the desire, whereas denying it brings him into conflict with that mind and offers far more chance to witness and detach from said mind. If gratifying every desire that came along worked as spiritual practice a lot of us would be enlightened. Because that's what most people try to do all day every day.

Getting nice stuff is not necessarily bad and giving away your salary is not necessarily virtuous.

And when you say 'not my will...but thy will'..what are you saying? Is there necessarily a conflict?

Yes, unless you're enlightened, god-realised, transformed by direct experience of the stillness within and possessing permanent access to the peace that passeth understanding, then there damn well is a conflict.

Does that describe you? It doesn't me.

Individual will is petty, selfish, mental and aligned with fear and greed. Even when it's trying really hard to be nice. Right now I may seem like I'm trying to champion virtue in some half-assed way, but I just want to be right.

We read a lot, all of us. We have access to a lot of teachings about what it's like to be an achieved spiritual person. And we tend to apply some of those ideas to ourselves even though we haven't got there. At all.

I know the old Sufi parable about the teacher who lives in an opulent mansion, and the seeker disdains him and goes to a poor teacher, who explains the foolishness of the seeker's preference. "He lives in wealth because he is immune to wealth and I live in poverty because I am immune to poverty"

But we are not enlightened teachers, any of us. (If I'm wrong in that, any of you, then please, an announcement. And some tips!)

I'm going out on a limb here. It sounds like many people on this board have experiences of great connection, great stillness, central channel stuff, wherein their awareness is transformed. But I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that any one of us has been so transformed, permanently, in terms of their perception of themselves and their nature and boundaries, that they can rightly say with confidence that they are manifesting the will of undifferentiated life when they want something.

Am I wrong? I'd love to hear the details.

Misc new agey, imo type thoughts:

we are all enlightened and perfect.

We created the entire physical universe from absolutely nothing, so I believe we can figure out how to get plenty of energy for everyone back out of one rock as time goes on.

Just as some people are good about manifesting in one department of life but not so hot in another dept. it's like that in the third world... they aren't so good at manifesting material wealth but do they really want SUVs anyways? Probably not as much as we do. Are they better at manifesting smiles and happiness???? Many would say yes. Line up 50 Haitians and 50 Americans, put them all in a room and I'd put money on the Haitians being many times happier and laughing more. A friend of mine is from Peru and he said that even the most poor people have more fun than the wealthies of Americans. Of course, it's impossible to really assess what anyone else is feeling, but just a hunch...

Obviously, starvation isn't cool. Fortunately victims of extreme chronic pain are in the vast minority of the population. But it plays by the same rules as everything else in life. You get what you think about. Once a thought pattern is entrenched in a social network, it's very hard to change. That's why meditation is so useful. It's easier to clear your thoughts and raise your vibe than to change your thought patterns straight up.

So how do you know that individual will is based on greed and is generaly selfish and petty?

It can't help it. Individual will is a product of the egoic mind. The egoic mind produces and maintains the illusion of separateness, and anything and everything it wants is to further its own survival, and boost the sense of its own identity, which is not in the interest of the individual or any other person. It is the obstacle to spritual cultivation. Period.

It's very clever. It can argue all day and say that x, y and z will benefit the wider community, but it won't. The wider community will still be identified with their egoic minds and nothing will have changed.

It's just shuffling the pieces around.

Or so this egoic mind is convinced, anyway. Time I took it away and resumed my endeavor to give it some time off. Sorry for ranting.

Well, no. At least not nearly as often. Because satisfying the desire involves Joe running along with the mind that formed the desire, whereas denying it brings him into conflict with that mind and offers far more chance to witness and detach from said mind. If gratifying every desire that came along worked as spiritual practice a lot of us would be enlightened. Because that's what most people try to do all day every day.

Yes, unless you're enlightened, god-realised, transformed by direct experience of the stillness within and possessing permanent access to the peace that passeth understanding, then there damn well is a conflict.

Does that describe you? It doesn't me.

Individual will is petty, selfish, mental and aligned with fear and greed. Even when it's trying really hard to be nice. Right now I may seem like I'm trying to champion virtue in some half-assed way, but I just want to be right.

I just hope you can see how what you are saying is so prejudiced with your particular point of view and belief system and is not necessarily true for everyone. Denial being something good is an example. Couldn't denial make a person dwell even more on what they don't have. Can't you say more people are denied what they want than actually get what they want. Are people getting enlightened because they are denied things? Obviously not.

I personally don't see it as good or bad. I'm not going to put a value judgement on it.

Many of us seem to have this instant dislike to someone manifesting a ferrari, for example, rather than a hamburger for a starving person. Why do we have to judge it, why can't we see it as energy without a good or bad label attached to it?

I'm going out on a limb here. It sounds like many people on this board have experiences of great connection, great stillness, central channel stuff, wherein their awareness is transformed. But I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that any one of us has been so transformed, permanently, in terms of their perception of themselves and their nature and boundaries, that they can rightly say with confidence that they are manifesting the will of undifferentiated life when they want something.

Am I wrong? I'd love to hear the details.

I've said this in another post, I don't pay much attention to experiences people report. Like colors and heat and bursts and feelings, etc. There's so much self perception disorder that it becomes almost meaningless.

What do you mean by 'the will of undifferentiated life when they want something'?

Hope you're not getting annoyed or anything by my tone..i'm doing this while I'm working so I'm in a perpetual state of rush, not thinking through enough,etc..but I'm enjoying the conversation and the ideas..

T

Sign in to follow this