Eviander

Kundalini

The whole Idea is to make The effects of meditation harder to epxpireince because you just become so conductive ... The point of the meat is to weigh you down,..

Correct.

Different things are appropriate at different stages. To use a metaphor, in the beginning stages people have difficulty lighting a fire and so you work hard in certain ways in order to get a fire going. Later stage, after kundalini awakening, it's like your whole house is suddenly on fire and so you do some of the opposite things that you were doing before.

Meats provide rich nourishment and help you ground. Blood and yin Chinese tonic herbs also help ground and nourish. Also minerals. It's important to get minerals in liquid form (either gel caps or straight liquid). Posts re: minerals here and here.

(Not that you'd avoid herbs at any stage, nor minerals really. But early stages you need less meat.)

btw, I've found these acupts to be extraordinarily helpful. :)

You know what man, I never said I was perfected or that I had perfect vision, i dont even know how you would deduce that. Why because I say you lack ground? What gives you the vision to say i need to move up from it. I was never sarcastic or reactionary with you, unlike you with me, But I guess i struck a nerve.You should look into a book called the wheels of life, A huge book on the chakcra's. the author herself saying that you CANT have enough ground. Also all her practices for each chakra our grounded. What i was saying is not What i came up with, Just what others have tought and have helped me from the Psychotic break I was in. Good luck yuanqi I think we have gotten to the point where constructive talk will no longer take place.

Mikaelz

That is actually the point, K fully active is not some easy pretty thing to deal with the way its espoused by alot of sources, It hard, rough and burn your mind into a crisp. The whole Idea is to make The effects of meditation harder to epxpireince because you just become so conductive towrds any energy that one long session can leave you fuzzy for weeks or months. A healing session by an energy worker can send you into paranoia, disassociation or make you physically sick ect.. The point of the meat is to weigh you down, to make life bearable. Go to the Kundalini support forum. Nothing I am saying I am making up. Its something that has helped alot of people on there. The spiritual emergence netowrk also gave me similar reccomendations. Trunks at one point help me realize the importance of grounding my practice which was not at the moment. kundalini sickness is usually about lacking ground as is not being able to intergrate the energy.

Thats why i put the LOL on there man. RELAX its all good. Like i said two different paths. I enjoyed our debate and conversation!

Im going to write few words on my kundalini expirience that started to happen about 6 years ago as its somewhat different than the other posters.

Which is the main reason of posting it,to show how different things work for different people.

Kundalini was strongly triggered off by some family misfortune at the time.

Firstly foodwise i eat lighter (vegan)food (have been veggie for 15 years )than ever before and find that very beneficial,im feeling very light sometimes as if merging with air so to speak.And loving that feeling.I feel that with eating wholesome ,unrefined food is very important.And if eating meat then i suppose ,lean and lightly prepared.

Another thing that is of big importance in my opinion is firstly to work with ones emotions,relating to people,everyday life,events taking place.Understanding reactions,why are they happening .Inquiry into why youre sad ,happy,enjoying or angry from where it comes from.

If those are really understood relating strongly to those emotions will drop away and peace will creep into life slowly or fast.Its a very important point as it doesent leave too much room for kundalini terrors .And kundalini becomes very sweet.For me this is real grounding.

Its important to be gentle and loving ,and have loads of patience,and accept and accept and accept whatever is happening.With awarness of course,im not saying here that we should become like door mats.

For me biggest key is learning patience under all circumstances.But everyone has their own boogie man.

Excersise is very important to keep body healthy. Especially that there is a lot of reviring going on in the inner organs too.Also various methods like chi kung,yoga ,massage or whatever the taste may be- help improve various mental/bodily difunctions acquired throughout the years.

And to GET OUTDOORS ,get some fresh air,go for a hike or a swim ,run in the fields...as often as possible.Get into sun ,its soooooo good and healing.

I definatley agree with you in the self inquiry part, needing to understand your motivations for doing certain things. I do think that, that happends as a result of kundalini for most people, though some may need to focus on it more than others. Also just make sure you are supplementing with methylcobalamin sublinguil tablets if your vegan, A defiency is not pretty at all.

Yuanqi I am relaxed but i get alot of crap for being 20 anyways, I guess its sensative spot I must work on, :) Thing is I fell 40 in my head, but i did enjoy it :P

Cat the easiset way to put it is like this. Kundalini is really about alchemy, Very powerful, intense and it like the gas pedal is floored. It will urge you to release all unconcoius repressions, insecurities and coping mechanisms. It will alter who you are 180 degrees, changing radically sometimes daily. Possibly hitting you with 20 years of growth in 2-3 years. Kundalini effects are no joke, yuanqi is correct stating it is a beggining, a powerful slingshot to catapult you into spirtual journey. Mine happend rather young, dont know the consequences of that yet. I was pot smoking, very emotionally unstable, insecure up the wazoo and just delusional in a lot of ways. After kundalini My interest are in physics, philosophy, natural and spiritual sciences, health and longevity, inner peace and compassion ect... and most important I actaully know more about who i am and learn more everyday. Thats more or less what kundalini would do, at least that general theme.

The stories are great!

I've had variants of stuff that several posters have mentioned. IME "Kundalini" is an ongoing realization of the formless in form. Get used to it?

IME, until "something" happened, probably in hindsight some kind of provocation like sun-salutes and heavy curiosity for "esoteric" practices in my case, I was utterly convinced that I was "wrong" somehow. And it hurt. Like a cat that everyone wants to see as a dog so treats it like a dog, expects it to bark when it can only meow, fetch sticks when all it wants is to sleep in the sun;-)

Of course I'm still often wrong but I don't feel wrong as a person. I loved Trunks posts about it all (and he has some extremely helpful resources on his site BTW)

The "biology" of it is truly fascinating and I think there's a lot of advice of how to deal with that and suggestions to integrate. Which IMO is the whole bloody point ;-) Other practices will help smooth things out. There's also context and companionship to help. I thank TTB's for so much in that respect (despite the snarky arguments we have;-))

Because it's ongoing, I would take the suggestions to take one's time to integrate and avoid burnout as very good ones.

:o:o

The stories are great!

I've had variants of stuff that several posters have mentioned. IME "Kundalini" is an ongoing realization of the formless in form. Get used to it?

IME, until "something" happened, probably in hindsight some kind of provocation like sun-salutes and heavy curiosity for "esoteric" practices in my case, I was utterly convinced that I was "wrong" somehow. And it hurt. Like a cat that everyone wants to see as a dog so treats it like a dog, expects it to bark when it can only meow, fetch sticks when all it wants is to sleep in the sun;-)

Of course I'm still often wrong but I don't feel wrong as a person. I loved Trunks posts about it all (and he has some extremely helpful resources on his site BTW)

The "biology" of it is truly fascinating and I think there's a lot of advice of how to deal with that and suggestions to integrate. Which IMO is the whole bloody point ;-) Other practices will help smooth things out. There's also context and companionship to help. I thank TTB's for so much in that respect (despite the snarky arguments we have;-))

Because it's ongoing, I would take the suggestions to take one's time to integrate and avoid burnout as very good ones.

The biology of kundalini website is a really good resource. especially on philosophy and the biology portion of it all. Supplement suggestions are good too. I do think her take on diet is a bit new agey and I dont really agree with them. I think a balanced diet and also cooked food is good. Really there is no need for wheat grass juice and an all raw food diet with the avoidance of meat, is not really that necasary. Trunks really does diserve alot of respect, as I sated above his site has been one of the turning points for me. Kate you are corect, we need to intergrate intergrate and after that more intergration. ;) with the whole feeling wrong as a person, i understand where your coming from. Secret smile and inner smile has helped with that, along with really sensual free sex with my wife. :o

Im going to write few words on my kundalini expirience that started to happen about 6 years ago as its somewhat different than the other posters.

Which is the main reason of posting it,to show how different things work for different people.

Kundalini was strongly triggered off by some family misfortune at the time.

Firstly foodwise i eat lighter (vegan)food (have been veggie for 15 years )than ever before and find that very beneficial,im feeling very light sometimes as if merging with air so to speak.And loving that feeling.I feel that with eating wholesome ,unrefined food is very important.And if eating meat then i suppose ,lean and lightly prepared.

Another thing that is of big importance in my opinion is firstly to work with ones emotions,relating to people,everyday life,events taking place.Understanding reactions,why are they happening .Inquiry into why youre sad ,happy,enjoying or angry from where it comes from.

If those are really understood relating strongly to those emotions will drop away and peace will creep into life slowly or fast.Its a very important point as it doesent leave too much room for kundalini terrors .And kundalini becomes very sweet.For me this is real grounding.

Its important to be gentle and loving ,and have loads of patience,and accept and accept and accept whatever is happening.With awarness of course,im not saying here that we should become like door mats.

For me biggest key is learning patience under all circumstances.But everyone has their own boogie man.

Excersise is very important to keep body healthy. Especially that there is a lot of reviring going on in the inner organs too.Also various methods like chi kung,yoga ,massage or whatever the taste may be- help improve various mental/bodily difunctions acquired throughout the years.

And to GET OUTDOORS ,get some fresh air,go for a hike or a swim ,run in the fields...as often as possible.Get into sun ,its soooooo good and healing.

Really nice. Thats the healthiest approach to Kundalini I've ever read. What is happening in our minds is key. In general I hear only desperate or reactionary people seeking temporary relief and to be unburdened of the responsibility of guiding themselves to higher ground. I am happy to see someone with a strong mind who is going with the flow of evolution.

I stayed veggie as well. Compassion to all beings is one of my core values, and I express that through vegetarianism.

Also, I try to go full throttle inasmuch as I can, and no, I didnt burn up like a crisp or go mental. The logic is very simple. In the lower levels of cultivation, there is much pain, cruder, hormonal swings, and only by refining your energy does it become more blissful. I know many people who dont cultivate actively and have awakened Kundalini, so they will be stuck in the low levels for years. Patience=long term outlook, ability to take suffering in stride as a positive development. Achieving full englightenment I imagine is not that easy, takes great sustained effort.

I'm not saying I advise everyone to go full throttle, but you can if you have the mental resiliance. Why stay in the lower levels when the kundalini wants to help you evolve to a better place.

There is nothing spiritual about not eating meat. All things must die. Something must die for you to live. Poor plants, who shows them compassion? Who shows the billions of bacteria that are trying to kill you right now yet are iradicated by your immune system compassion. It is egotistical for us to honor life similar to us (animals) and disregard the unsimilar (plants, bacteria). Plants feel you know..... Who saids you cant just bring heaven down into the earth, Much easier than pulling the earth towrds heaven. Suffereing does help us grow no doubt, BUt only by showing you Why you suffer but it is counter productive longterm, Take in stride makes it sound like pain is good no matter what, and that is not the point of kundalini, This the point= :lol:^_^:wub::P:D;)

There is nothing spiritual about not eating meat. All things must die. Something must die for you to live. Poor plants, who shows them compassion? Who shows the billions of bacteria that are trying to kill you right now yet are iradicated by your immune system compassion. It is egotistical for us to honor life similar to us (animals) and disregard the unsimilar (plants, bacteria). Plants feel you know..... Who saids you cant just bring heaven down into the earth, Much easier than pulling the earth towrds heaven. Suffereing does help us grow no doubt, BUt only by showing you Why you suffer but it is counter productive longterm, Take in stride makes it sound like pain is good no matter what, and that is not the point of kundalini, This the point= :lol:^_^:wub::P:D;)

Yeah, my mom makes the same arguement, and she really loves plants. I thought I chose my words carefully to avoid making universal moral judgements when I said "Compassion to all beings is one of my core values, and I express that through vegetarianism." Clearly you can believe that not eating animals makes no difference and is not compassionate at all. But its not about being right or wrong, its the internal shift you get when you express what you think is compassionate. This is a fairly unusual way to approach ethics, but I have come to this conclusion by observing my own energies, and how compassion is related to spiritual evolution within my own physiology.

The rest of what you said I dont get, but no need to explain, its nice enough just to type some words to people about a topic I care deeply about, and I hope thats good for you too.

Edited by de_paradise

:o:o

The biology of kundalini website is a really good resource. especially on philosophy and the biology portion of it all. Supplement suggestions are good too. I do think her take on diet is a bit new agey and I dont really agree with them. I think a balanced diet and also cooked food is good. Really there is no need for wheat grass juice and an all raw food diet with the avoidance of meat, is not really that necasary.

Her view is new-agey? haahha.. dude.. more like ancient-agey. Humans used to eat raw prior to cooking, actually there's one guy who I forgot his name has a theory that the brain has been deteriorating due to humans eating too many cooked foods. Cooking vegetables kills the good stuff inside. Lightly cooking is alright i'd say but raw food is not bad for you if you have good digestion already, not weakened from fungus infection (dampness or candida) like me!

and btw, what's good for you won't necessarily be good for someone else. We are all, afterall, somewhat different.

along with really sensual free sex with my wife. :o

you're 20 and married? daaaamn. :huh::P

There is nothing spiritual about not eating meat. All things must die. Something must die for you to live. Poor plants, who shows them compassion? Who shows the billions of bacteria that are trying to kill you right now yet are iradicated by your immune system compassion. It is egotistical for us to honor life similar to us (animals) and disregard the unsimilar (plants, bacteria). Plants feel you know..... Who saids you cant just bring heaven down into the earth, Much easier than pulling the earth towrds heaven. Suffereing does help us grow no doubt, BUt only by showing you Why you suffer but it is counter productive longterm, Take in stride makes it sound like pain is good no matter what, and that is not the point of kundalini, This the point=

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that plants feel while animals on the other hand do. Animals are sentient, they perceive and feel. Bacteria don't, plants don't. Maybe some bugs do, but i'm not a taxologist. Anyway there's no way that you can say that vegetables are more worthy of "living" than an animal; you're positing some philosophical proposition here that cannot be proven. There isn't even a good argument for it. In reality, there is empirical evidence that animals feel pain and even some animals are smart enough to have self-awareness. Plants lack all the conditions necessary for sentience.

As for killing animals, I think that's up to each person. Personally I do eat meat but I'm cutting back. I think in today's world there are enough supplements out there, and enough protein through other means, that make the killing of other sentient creatures totally unnecessary.

Edited by mikaelz

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that plants feel while animals on the other hand do. Animals are sentient, they perceive and feel. Bacteria don't, plants don't. Maybe some bugs do, but i'm not a taxologist. Anyway there's no way that you can say that vegetables are more worthy of "living" than an animal; you're positing some philosophical proposition here that cannot be proven. There isn't even a good argument for it. In reality, there is empirical evidence that animals feel pain and even some animals are smart enough to have self-awareness. Plants lack all the conditions necessary for sentience.

Really? None at all???

Secret life of plants

I just sort of had a 'kundalini break through' today. I realized that I was actually causing a blockage in my heart center area by making excuses not to feel deep love for the whole of existence. Weird because now I am starting to feel strong sensations of a sort of love that is beyond the personal self..

Im not angry just passionate. Would you like me to post a few rebuttals to the Paleolithic raw concept? Also im not alienating, just stating my observation on the whole concept of eating only plant life to spare an animal, which I consider myself to be one. Plants are alive. period. A reaction is a reaction. Plants don’t want to die, they are built to survive just like buffalo. That’s why they have a bunch of nasty little food chemicals to protect themselves and harm herbivores. Taking life is taking life, I don’t care if its a plant and animal or bacteria. You keep stating differences comparing animals to yourself and showing the difference between plants , so animals are better based on that argument. EGOtistical. I have maid no half ass concocted argument to make myself feel better about eating meat, If my conclusions had led me to believe animal life was more sacred than another life, I would be a vegetarian. I am part of the food chain, I accept my place in it.

http://www.dietshock.com/2009/06/05/why-are-humans-different-from-all-other-apes-it%E2%80%99s-the-cooking-stupid/

http://www.boston.com/ae/books/articles/2009/05/24/how_storytelling_and_cooking_helped_humans_evolve/

Also the enzymes in food have very little to do with human digestion. I don’t think I need to research the issue more. Before I got into the predicament i am in I was going to be a clinical dietician. I have spent at least 1000 hours on nutritional research. An all raw diet in not necessary in my opinion, it wont change. You say im delusional, But if it is known that eating meat was something humans have evolved to do, Something that made us human and people wont do it because of an egotistical misplaced sense of compassion, then who is delusional? I feel gratitude before each meal thanking the animal for giving its life, knowing it died to fulfill its place in nature.

There's no evidence that the brain evolved due to cooking foods, though you may be right about how far back the tradition went. http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/when-did-humans-begin-to-cook/ Cooking was more of a cultural thing and allowed humanity to develop socially.

"Also the enzymes in food have very little to do with human digestion" I'm talking about the specific enzymes and vitamins present in vegetables that lose potency and bioavailability when cooked too much. Sure the protein, carbs, and fats don't get destroyed.. but what about the essential fatty acids (which the brain needs desperately for fuel) and antioxidants (which serve as fuel for the immune system)?

I'm not a raw food expert, nor do I even follow the diet. I just think its ridiculous to call those who follow such a diet 'new-agey' when they are just eating consciously, and in good health, with their fellow non-human beings in mind. It's egotistical to have awareness of other's pain response and right to live? I'm saying animals are more evolved than plants. They feel, they perceive, much more so than plants do. Go touch a plant and see what happens; then go touch an animal. That is empirical evidence, not theory. They are more worthy of compassion than plants because of this; their subjective experience possesses consciousness of perception, consciousness of feeling, even consciousness of rudimentary thought through desire impulses. Some, if not most, animals actually dream. If you had to save a human or a dog who would you save? If you had to save a dog or a plant who would you save? C'mon man, you're digging yourself a hole.

Humans surely weren't created by God 6,000 years ago with a cooking pan in their hands. I'm not sure what sort of rebuttal you can make. You're saying humans always cooked? About brain size, the current brain is actually shrinking dramatically. Not saying its connected to cooking, who knows, but its an interesting scientific find by a recent Harvard study. Too lazy to find it right now.

There is a connection apparently between eating meat and evolution of the brain. That I cannot deny. There's also a connection between religious institutions and the development of civilizations and science. Should we always keep these mythological religious institutions around then? Is the effect dependent upon the cause? Like I said, there is considerable research being done about supplementation of the necessary vitamins which we get through eating meat. I know plenty of vegans, vegetarians, and those that eat raw which are all extremely smart, creative, healthy, and active. All happen to be spiritual too. They all supplement and do just okay. If you reduce who you are to 'just an animal' then of course that gives you no need to change. If you are just an animal, why not live in the woods and lick your mother's ass for breakfast? Ah, but you're not just an animal.. you're a little bit more than that.

Edited by mikaelz

You know what man? I like you :) your smart and stubborn as hell, I like that

No more need to debate, you are a very smart guy but we wont get anywhere with this, you have definatley made a good point with the whole animal bit, I will meditate on that,

For the record, humans shouldnt eat raw food ever :lol:;)

Edited by Ramon25

You know what man? I like you :) your smart and stubborn as hell, I like that

No more need to debate, you are a very smart guy but we wont get anywhere with this, you have definatley made a good point with the whole animal bit, I will meditate on that,

For the record, humans shouldnt eat raw food ever :lol:;)

Shouldn't ever? I think billions of humans everywhere should wake up to your call to arms. :P

Anyway, if you practice meditation, and have a small amount of inner chi sensing it never fails to eat a meal and then watch the inner changes. Or even just watch your normal vitality levels. If you become fatigued after a meal, or energized after a meal.. I'm just saying that a bit of attention goes a long way. It doesn't even require research.

Then again, "they" say that common sense really isn't so common.

Have been having kundalini experiences for the past two years now and they have not been well to say the least. My third eye is starting to open and I am having semi-clear visions of snake entities, snake eyes, and sometimes a blue eye (I have brown eyes) that is in the center of my head. I also am developing clairvoyance outside of my inner eye.

Anyways..I would like some people to share their kundalini experiences they have had and share some good ways to deal and develop the energy.

Halucinogens will not activate it - What has happened is that you have lost controll.

You are meeting what is called "The Guardian of the Gate" which is your fears, hopes and desires in a lucid dream like halucenogenic state of mind.

Good luck as you have done this to yourself.

The only way out of the trip is Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C in average doses. B Complex is the mind's vitamin. According to what you took - it may take some time to get it out of your system.

If the situation gets too heavy the hippies used to titrate the halucinations with medical pot but that is very expensive and some places it is illegal without a Dr.'s prescription ...

Halucinogens will not activate it - What has happened is that you have lost controll.

You are meeting what is called "The Guardian of the Gate" which is your fears, hopes and desires in a lucid dream like halucenogenic state of mind.

The only way out of the trip is Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C in average doses. B Complex is the mind's vitamin. According to what you took - it may take some time to get it out of your system.

If the situation gets too heavy the hippies used to titrate the halucinations with medical pot but that is very expensive and some places it is illegal without a Dr.'s prescription ...

Lost control of what?

Who calls it "The Guardian of the Gate"?

Sorry I have no clue what your talking about. Whether the hallucinogens did or not is irrelevant I guess...the real consideration is that my kundalini has been activated..its been well documented this energy takes the symbol of snake imagery in your third eye...

I just discovered that my lack of feeling love has blocked it at my heart chakra...or w/e you want to call it and now I am starting to feel better because I am feeling this love..

When the process gets rough and if its real it more than likely will, just remember it is a gift. When I began at 17 I must have been in one of the hardest places to have it in because of my family and their beleifs. So just remeber it works for the good.