SFJane

Why I am against 'powers'

kinda looks like a personal insult, hope not. If so please refrain and get real. If you have something to say, say it.

Edited by Ya Mu

The electric car is not comparable. People from all places, at all times, have wished for and sought after psychic power. Are we to believe that over the millennia not one single solid, documentable tradition or example has come forth? I'm not trying to make anybody mad, but just think about this issue honestly. There would be no way to suppress the support for these kinds of abilities should they actually happen to exist.

The electric car is not comparable. People from all places, at all times, have wished for and sought after psychic power. Are we to believe that over the millennia not one single solid, documentable tradition or example has come forth? I'm not trying to make anybody mad, but just think about this issue honestly. There would be no way to suppress the support for these kinds of abilities should they actually happen to exist.

Documentation isn't the problem.

I wrote 4 different posts and they all wound up getting long and not really going anywhere.

I agree that someone making a claim should be willing to go the whole 9 yards in validating their claim. It's the scientific process, which is really just common sense. If you make the claim, follow through. If you don't (or can't) want to follow through, don't make the claim.

I know supporters don't want to hear this, but if psychic powers were documentable in the least then the whole world would know about it. It would not be a secret. Large portions of the population would spend their lives practicing. Before responding in objection, think about the argument and see if it actually makes any sense.

I used to believe that. But now I know for certain that psychic powers do exist. So how come large populations do not practise, why are they merely mythical? Why dont you just visit Ya Mu and have him qigong you? The door to proof is open. Go visit Max and ask him to blow your mind. Otherwise you are going to continue being ignorant.

The ones who seek to not believe are as desperate and sure in their vision as those who seek to believe - I wonder who will fare better off?

For those who believe that everything they know is all there is - I am truly sorry for such self-imposed limitations.

The Dao unveils to only those deserving, the nature and whys of 10,000 reasons I cannot speculate on.

Meditation has brought me many things I did not consciously ask for, but things that I now know have been there all along; I cannot fathom that many who throw away the possibilities of human phenomena meditate regularly.. I know I am not special in that when I meditate, certain realizations come to me and only me, for the source is open to ALL, but ALL do not open themselves to the source, therein lies the problem. Why, one asks, if these possibilities do exist, are they not pursued by many entire populations? Haha, because meditating in silence with no sure promise of anything, for how long no one can tell you in order to uncover truths that may not exist is a far more appealing path to the mass populace than the self-obsession of image, material possession/idolatry, attention, nightclubs, beer/smoking/drugs...chemical release/feel-good galore..fast living..?.

and one asks why many do not seek such possible powers, as if that in itself must be the reason they do not exist? Because things of a spiritual nature are not generally handed to you on a plate, unlike the gluttonous food and beer and cocaine that society is so infatuated with today.

Admittedly, without experience, why should one believe? I used to be blinded by my doubts and lack of first-hand experience of the unknown, but I always retained a shimmer of hope, perhaps that is why all has come to me for which I have asked for; I cannot blame those who recoil in the face of what they do not understand for a lack of being. . . consciousness is a powerful thing, as long as someone does not want to believe something exists, it will simply not. Change the lens, not the landscape, and see what follows. . .

When deep in meditation, silence is the forebringer of all truth, for the Dao speaks no language, but its inaudible whisperings can be heard by all. The concept of faith is often a religious association, but it is derived from the sense that one must believe that even though nothing is apparently happening in meditation, that nothing is fronted unto ones surface mind, that the Dao is nurturing the quiet listener with its eternal sustenance, and man stands up reawakened. . .

One who refuses to accept the infinite paradoxes of life will never grasp the most fundamental of truths . . .

Edited by fizix

The ones who seek to not believe are as desperate and sure in their vision as those who seek to believe - I wonder who will fare better off?

Those who meditate and do.

Ya Mu,

Sorry got your name back to front my bad! Let me clear something up, my teacher doesnt sit there all day doing party tricks but he had the abilty to show and also materialize his chi at anytime. Just like you demonstrating to move someone isnt hard ive also done that to people. Rich mooney and alot of others Paul Dong or someone plus many others, its not that hard to do. But moving a thing that doesnt live inside a glass where no air can get in and make the paper sway, spin in directions of his hands, as well materialize his energy takes more skill then a living person that also wants to experience it and could aslo be part of influence of the teacher.

Some people are more receptive to others and some dont even have an experience in some cases but maybe feel some heat (which still is a experience but not like what you clip is). If you catch my drift!

So If you have the abilty to move objects inside glass ( put piece of paper inside a glass and put it upside down) so no air can get in and start moving it around at will then your chi and mind connection is pretty strong. And can you please make a clip of it since you make clips of moving people?:)

Showing you can move people is an abilty, so if you say oh I dont do things like that then that is rubbish you just made a clip so time to show your abilty if moving paper is just a small thing?!

anyway its weird how people are 1st to dismiss it, or say why do it, if u have the abilty and can show it why not show people that life isnt just about getting up taking a shit and going to work, coming home nd getting old then dying. You know what I mean, show you skill be truthful and respectful you aint showing off its showing that life is moire then being born, school, work, death.

regards

Garry

P.S With good training and real methods you will attain it even if you may not want it, then what will you do Jane?

Not necessarily, I have met people with siddhis who practiced nothing. Spiritual realisation was already developed and siddhis waiting to be unleashed. Very old souls who just needed a little push to awaken their powers but who were neither seeking nor interested in them.

Telepathy, mental healing of others, ability to communicate with other humans via the ether, etc. are normal for some humans who unlock them almost instantly...others requires years and years (or lifetime after lifetime) of internal cultivation. Truth is these blessed individuals I know of live in an environment of little mind. Somewhere in northern Asia away from the cities and mental pollution. The funny thing about them is that they don't care less about psychic powers, otherwise they would be writing books or have attracted media attention on them already, like John Chang and others. And one of them happens to be an accountant, lol. She just leads a normal life and cares less about stardom.

Look for example at the Buddha Boy, do you think he attained the power of concentration and bigu state by rigorous childhood training? Nah, he is simply channeling the Divine into him.

For the rest of us, we need to keep on cultivating and working hard on moral virtue and helping those in need.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

You said an Old soul just need a push, whatever the push is is the method!!! :P Some people are born with the knowing some need the methods, regardless we all have it some need methods well most whatever that maybe!!!

Ape

OK, I will share the push here in this particular instance:

Qi transmission via enlightened teacher. Very simple. :)

Hi everybody!

Please excuse the interruption for the regularly scheduled comic relief!

My A.C.O.A. character traits are coming to the fore!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programing

post-53655-127052809055_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!! hehe

I just think there is nothing wrong with attaining abilities some get so pissed cause they didnt after so many years and then try and debunk it or say its not good to have them leads to evil or shit like that!

Anyway its all good!

Ape

Look, my dad has lived in Hong Kong or in the Phils his entire adult life. Malaysia and the Phils are known for their fake magicians, fake doctors and fake psi tricks. Your average Malaysian and Philippine villager is not the most educated person walking around out there and is easily impressed by skilled showmanship. Any one of you TBers with a year of chi kung training and a knowledge of cool 7th grade science class tricks could go to Malaysia and impress the hell out of the locals.

Sorry Jane... I am Malaysian, and just want to say this observation is pretty outdated. May be true back in the early 60s.

Malaysia is the most technologically progressive nation in South East Asia for the last 10 years. I am sure 'the locals' are not as gullible as you have tried to imagine them to be.

Unless you have actually spent time in these places, it might be wise not to assume that supernatural tricksters and charlatans abound there...

Perhaps some of you have wondered why I seem so down on cultivation for siddhi, empty force demos, psi and the like. I thought I'd offer an explanation and see what you folks think. This is a long post but I beg of you read it carefully. Please.

enormously long post snipped

Just my thoughts on this. I've read roughly 85% - 90% of what you wrote. A lot of it is just repetition (like describing the various powers, yea, I understand, two three of the best examples would be enough for me to get the point, or maybe even 5, but I had to quit reading at some point as I wasn't getting any truly new information after a while).

All this time you've been developing powers you never actually understood magic. You still don't. BK Frantzis asked some good questions, but his questions were just a starting point (and not even a good starting point, probably because BK Frantzis either doesn't understand magic himself in the first place, or just wanted to dissuade you).

The good news (and keep in mind, all this is just my opinion) is that you didn't lose or waste anything. All that experience is still valuable. You've been making an enormous error by trying to brute force your way. You thought that if you only were more stubborn and practiced longer and with more devotion, you'd get some powers.

Let me ask you this. Imagine you had all the powers. All of them (or maybe just one all-embracing power? why would you need separate and different powers for different tasks unless your powers were limited/specialized for each task?). How would you, having all those powers (or one true power), produce an experience of an earthly human being, of this here "reality" with all its limitations? How would you go about it?

If you can understand what I am saying above, you'll understand something important.

Oh and think about this too. If you have all this power, would you still be insecure? And if you had no insecurity and no fear, would you really be as destructive as you imagine with all those powers?

There is a lot, a shitton that you don't understand yet. I like your honesty though; that's rare. You stand out as a real practitioner. You've made mistakes but at least they are honest mistakes, unlike 99% of people who don't make a sincere effort and whose mistakes are fake mistakes.

Hey Gold... good to see you back! I have missed your interesting and often thought-provoking arguments.

Trust you are well friend...

Ya Mu,

Sorry got your name back to front my bad! Let me clear something up, my teacher doesnt sit there all day doing party tricks but he had the abilty to show and also materialize his chi at anytime. Just like you demonstrating to move someone isnt hard ive also done that to people. Rich mooney and alot of others Paul Dong or someone plus many others, its not that hard to do. But moving a thing that doesnt live inside a glass where no air can get in and make the paper sway, spin in directions of his hands, as well materialize his energy takes more skill then a living person that also wants to experience it and could aslo be part of influence of the teacher.

Some people are more receptive to others and some dont even have an experience in some cases but maybe feel some heat (which still is a experience but not like what you clip is). If you catch my drift!

So If you have the abilty to move objects inside glass ( put piece of paper inside a glass and put it upside down) so no air can get in and start moving it around at will then your chi and mind connection is pretty strong. And can you please make a clip of it since you make clips of moving people?:)

Showing you can move people is an abilty, so if you say oh I dont do things like that then that is rubbish you just made a clip so time to show your abilty if moving paper is just a small thing?!

anyway its weird how people are 1st to dismiss it, or say why do it, if u have the abilty and can show it why not show people that life isnt just about getting up taking a shit and going to work, coming home nd getting old then dying. You know what I mean, show you skill be truthful and respectful you aint showing off its showing that life is moire then being born, school, work, death.

regards

Garry

Hi Garry,

I'll leave that sort of thing to others as I have enough qi projection to do with humans, and horses and dogs and goats or whatever I need to do to help. In fact, I have a back-list so I'd better shorten this post and do my job.

I consider it a waste of time - obviously you don't. That is OK. Why don't you post a video of this if that is what interests you? One comment about the video I posted. Quite a few of these type video's are with the person doing the projection in the front. Easy to "cue" the student, either on purpose or subconsciously. The projection I did was from the back; the student had no idea whatsoever what I was doing. I never said I was the only one who could do this; I have several students who can do this as well; I have seen quite a bit of qi projection in my lifetime.

You will never see me wasting my energy; I have been taught to respect the Divine nature of energy manipulation. With this respect and alignment, my abilities to help others has grown.

I realize you feel that it is all intent and energy, so to you moving paper seems like a grand thing. And I respect that. But to me it is not.

I mean no disrespect to your teacher. I know it is possible to move paper and I do really believe he could do it. Just not my thing. I still think it does nothing to help anyone.

Not necessarily, I have met people with siddhis who practiced nothing. Spiritual realisation was already developed and siddhis waiting to be unleashed. Very old souls who just needed a little push to awaken their powers but who were neither seeking nor interested in them.

Telepathy, mental healing of others, ability to communicate with other humans via the ether, etc. are normal for some humans who unlock them almost instantly...others requires years and years (or lifetime after lifetime) of internal cultivation. Truth is these blessed individuals I know of live in an environment of little mind. Somewhere in northern Asia away from the cities and mental pollution. The funny thing about them is that they don't care less about psychic powers, otherwise they would be writing books or have attracted media attention on them already, like John Chang and others. And one of them happens to be an accountant, lol. She just leads a normal life and cares less about stardom.

Look for example at the Buddha Boy, do you think he attained the power of concentration and bigu state by rigorous childhood training? Nah, he is simply channeling the Divine into him.

For the rest of us, we need to keep on cultivating and working hard on moral virtue and helping those in need.

Thoughtful post.

I agree that it depends on who you are (your terms: Old soul). Some people awaken with just a small amount of "awakening" energy projection. Others will never awaken in this lifetime. Others will just surprise the heck out of you and go from "can't feel anything", "don't believe anything", "go to work come home and watch TV" to BAM.

I have a few minutes to post. I should be in the GGPark right now working out but I got a very late start this morning. I'll try to get to MD, 3bob and everyone else but for now, this.

P.S With good training and real methods you will attain it even if you may not want it, then what will you do Jane?

I assume that you did not mean for this to come across as insulting. By your account the Water Method of Taoist meditation is not a real method and the ten thousand hours I put into it in the late 90s was not good training.

According to your definition of siddhi, I demonstrated more siddhi between the ages of 13 and 19 than most of you will ever witness in your lifetime. Perhaps you missed the part where I stated that I had actual followers. People who wanted to train in the occult and in chi in order to get my 'powers'.

Then I rejected the entire lot of them and just worked on the water method. After several years I managed to cure myself of the most severe form of bipolar disorder there is in addition to schizophrenia andpost traumatic stress disorder. None of those illnesses ever returned. Ever.

I have been told to my face by supposed 'scientists', medical doctors, psychologists and psychiatrist that there was no cure for those conditions and I would never get over it. Thanks to my long hard and good training with real methods I overcome those genetic and behavioral conditions. My sister and mother both have bipolar as well. My mom chose the rosary and the crucifix and it never cured her. My sister tried lithium and lives as a disabled adult. Neither of those women are happy and content in their life. I beat the odds. I beat the genetics. I beat the prognosis. All thanks to practicing Bruce's material. According to your definitions, the ability to supernormal heal is also a siddhi.

Yet I reject any notion that I have siddhi now or before on one simple ground. I can not prove it in the court of science. I could easily prove it with people who are predisposed to believe. I would rather teach one skeptic than an army of uncritical, unskeptical 'believers'. Having mindless followers is not the road to enlightenment or spirituality for them or me.

If you really want siddhi, I'll tell you how to get them. You cheat. Screw all that kundulini, lower dantien, auras, transmissions and attunements. Put yourself in a closed room with no distractions for days and just focus on your upper dantien becoming a miniature star. After awhile create an energy grid between the energy gates in your ears, eyes and third eye. This should look like a triangle that surrounds the upper dantien. Follow the light lines from your dantien to your third eye, your eyeballs and your ears and then back to your upper dantien.

Things will start happening and you can congratulate yourself on all your new powers that only work occasionally that only your closest friends believe in that you can never prove in a science lab. But you will ' know' that psi is real and that you have it. Except only you know that and of course your unskeptical groupies, students, followers, coven members or what have you. Then you can go to a forum and tell people siddhi is real and that if you train hard with the right methods it will happen eventually.

I am not opposed to the idea that a human mind can develop real abilities. I posted that 4.5k wordcount monster partly so I could demonstrate just how openminded on the subject that I have been since I was a child. I simply have higher and harder standards of proof that must be met before I agree that someone has a cultivation induced 'power' than most of you seem to. I am not going to go over easy and show awe, respect or pledge mine because someone put a chopstick through a table. After years of studying psi, magic and siddhi I am not easily impressed anymore.

Edited by SFJane

I assume that you did not mean for this to come across as insulting. By your account the Water Method of Taoist meditation is not a real method and the ten thousand hours I put into it in the late 90s was not good training.

I have been told to my face by supposed 'scientists', medical doctors, psychologists and psychiatrist that there was no cure for those conditions and I would never get over it. Thanks to my long hard and good training with real methods I overcome those genetic and behavioral conditions. My sister and mother both have bipolar as well. My mom chose the rosary and the crucifix and it never cured her. My sister tried lithium and lives as a disabled adult. Neither of those women are happy and content in their life. I beat the odds. I beat the genetics. I beat the prognosis. All thanks to practicing Bruce's material. According to your definitions, the ability to supernormal heal is also a siddhi.

Yet I reject any notion that I have siddhi now or before on one simple ground. I can not prove it in the court of science. I could easily prove it with people who are predisposed to believe. I would rather teach one skeptic than an army of uncritical, unskeptical 'believers'. Having mindless followers is not the road to enlightenment or spirituality for them or me.

Well, psychic siddhis often occupy a middle ground between low anecdotal standards subject to confirmation bias & fraud to exceedingly high scientific standards of repeatability at will. IOW, I think siddhic occurences can often far exceed the standards of probability...while not quite meeting the rigorous standards of science. Similar to someone winning the lottery, lightning strikes or tornados. Natural phenomena is often simply hard to replicate in the lab, by nature. Which means that it could be very likely that they actually happened...but would be difficult to prove scientifically because they are not easily repeatable under controlled conditions.

I think several of your psychic anecdotes would fall into this category. They definitely aren't scientifically PROVEN, but cannot be easily logically or scientifically explained away either. The point here being that we should allow some room in the middle of the spectrum, instead of polarizing everything as black or white. Just because something can't be scientifically proven - does not mean it didn't happen legitly.

For example, with your same argument, BKF's Water Method isn't scientifically proven, either. Not by a long shot. You may have attained results while using it - but correlation =/= causation. Also, the Scientific Method demands that the results be repeatable. Good luck trying to organize a mass group of people with your prior conditions willing to spend hundreds of hours doing BKF's qigong under scientific monitoring. If you couldn't convince your own family members to do so, good luck trying to convince enough random strangers. And good luck trying to raise the funding to study a treatment with little profit potential. IOW, folk methods that require a lot of personal effort like these will probably never be scientifically proven - because people are too lazy to do them & there is no profit motive to recoup the costs for such studies.

If you really want siddhi, I'll tell you how to get them. You cheat. Screw all that kundulini, lower dantien, auras, transmissions and attunements. Put yourself in a closed room with no distractions for days and just focus on your upper dantien becoming a miniature star. After awhile create an energy grid between the energy gates in your ears, eyes and third eye. This should look like a triangle that surrounds the upper dantien. Follow the light lines from your dantien to your third eye, your eyeballs and your ears and then back to your upper dantien.

Things will start happening and you can congratulate yourself on all your new powers that only work occasionally that only your closest friends believe in that you can never prove in a science lab. But you will ' know' that psi is real and that you have it. Except only you know that and of course your unskeptical groupies, students, followers, coven members or what have you. Then you can go to a forum and tell people siddhi is real and that if you train hard with the right methods it will happen eventually.

Interesting. Although are you now saying that siddhis are real and can be attained through "psychic" training?

PS - According to the John Chang videos, the team of scientists did set-up & control the parameters of all his experiments - including relocating to random locations to perform his LED diode test, for instance. Or are you saying they were in on the act?

Overall, you made some great points and I agree that many of us were initially drawn to these arts looking for superpowers to overcompensate for worldly insecurities. And of course, later came to find out that these those superpowers are a lot harder to come by than portrayed in pop culture fantasy genres...lol. But as we matured, our motivations changed so that didn't matter much anymore, anyways...

Edited by vortex

Well, psychic siddhis often occupy a middle ground between low anecdotal standards subject to confirmation bias & fraud to exceedingly high scientific standards of repeatability at will. IOW, I think siddhic occurences can often far exceed the standards of probability...while not quite meeting the rigorous standards of science. Similar to someone winning the lottery, lightning strikes or tornados. Natural phenomena is often simply hard to replicate in the lab, by nature. Which means that it could be very likely that they actually happened...but would be difficult to prove scientifically because they are not easily repeatable under controlled conditions.

I think several of your psychic anecdotes would fall into this category. They definitely aren't scientifically PROVEN, but cannot be easily logically or scientifically explained away either. The point here being that we should allow some room in the middle of the spectrum, instead of polarizing everything as black or white. Just because something can't be scientifically proven - does not mean it didn't happen legitly.

IMO, she is making it black and white because she needs to. But many of us don't need to.

I predict that she won't allow any room in the middle of the spectrum, but the rest of

us can and will do so as we please.

It's often hard to tell the Bullshitters from somebody who might actually have experienced

something.

For example, with your same argument, BKF's Water Method isn't scientifically proven, either. Not by a long shot. You may have attained results while using it - but correlation =/= causation. Also, the Scientific Method demands that the results be repeatable. Good luck trying to organize a mass group of people with your prior conditions willing to spend hundreds of hours doing BKF's qigong under scientific monitoring. If you couldn't convince your own family members to do so, good luck trying to convince enough random strangers. And good luck trying to raise the funding to study a treatment with little profit potential. IOW, folk methods that require a lot of personal effort like these will probably never be scientifically proven - because people are too lazy to do them & there is no profit motive to recoup the costs for such studies.Interesting. Although are you now saying that siddhis are real and can be attained through "psychic" training?

PS - According to the John Chang videos, the team of scientists did set-up & control the parameters of all his experiments - including relocating to random locations to perform his LED diode test, for instance. Or are you saying they were in on the act?

Overall, you made some great points and I agree that many of us were initially drawn to these arts looking for superpowers to overcompensate for worldly insecurities. And of course, later came to find out that these those superpowers are a lot harder to come by than portrayed in pop culture fantasy genres...lol. But as we matured, our motivations changed so that didn't matter much anymore, anyways...

Yeah, I agree that a lot of this stuff is just immature, real or not. I think

that is another explanation why don't see people going out to prove it.

I consider kind of insulting that she considers anybody who doesn't think the way she does, to be brainwashed, but that is all about her, not anybody else.

Because if we do follow her way of thinking, the brainwashing factor could very well still be at work.

Notice she did not use the scientific method in thinking about her own experiences when she converted over to the "science jargon" way of thinking.

She just simply became a convert.

Edited by tyler zambori

Nostradmus alert!!!

This is pre Steve Irwin and Dawn Brancheau !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9g7UYJbZjw&feature=related

Just perceptive? Psychic? Common sense?

Respect to all...even though they don't burn us for non conformity anymore (right)?

They still may...Haldol, ativan, and MAO's OH MY!

Remember Tibet, Salem, inquisition, crusades, J Edgar Hoover

I love you all

Peace out...

Rob

10,000 hrs, ive been doing my art for 25yrs how many hrs you think I put in, plus teaching, plus healing you not the only that thinks they train hard! I dont so to a few seminars of Francis and say im a devoted student, i was and still am a close door disciple of some rare arts, lived and trained in china and hongkong, taught Kung fu / qi kung since 1992 so please dont start with ive put in more time than you B.S.

We all have mental illnesses some more then others, so you have it as well so do I!

BK Francis, doesnt do much for me at all, but whatever floats your boat.

Sorry , but soon as someone questions you , you seem to not like it this is life dont worry just be happy with what you do if you didnt need to post something that you didnt realize was gonna get some negative feedback. Negative in a way I mean i disagree and so does others!!

Ya Mu,

If you read my post, I never said my teacher or myself sits there trying to move paper he simiple can do it as well many other things. To prove to people that come to visit him he would show it on people and also none people.

You seem to be busy, with your practice that is great love to visit you one day for a treatment, and feel you move me like in your clip (no disrepect intentded) just want to experience your energy since you do it everyday with Divine powers.

regards

Garry

Edited by Spirit Ape

...After several years I managed to cure myself of the most severe form of bipolar disorder there is in addition to schizophrenia andpost traumatic stress disorder. None of those illnesses ever returned. Ever.

I have been told to my face by supposed 'scientists', medical doctors, psychologists and psychiatrist that there was no cure for those conditions and I would never get over it.

Forgive me for skipping ahead towards the real issue...last time I did it, someone accused me of playing games and taking pot-shots...

Why didn't you subordinate yourself to the judgment of the professionals? They did not give you permission to heal, nor presumably permission to make the attempt. Yet you apparently did it anyway.

You believe your healing is real, whereas your previously claimed superpowers were only cases of self-delusion. I don't doubt that. But one has to wonder, then, whose opinions we should accept at face value, whose we should consider carefully, and whose we should disregard.

Would you have us trust those professionals whose relative ignorance you have already demonstrated, via your unauthorized healing?

Should we trust you, SFJane? Surely there are a few on this board, whose own relevant accomplishments place you in the position of relative ignorance. Surely you realize that?

By your own admission, you don't know what you are talking about in regards to "powers". You tried and mostly failed, except in temporarily flattering yourself, and in gathering a few followers who were even more deluded than you were. (Please don't take this as a criticism--I wish more people here would make such gracious admissions, especially when the facts are obvious to everyone else.)

Recently we've heard from a few people who don't claim to have them, but are definitely "against" them (sometimes for reasons they don't care to examine in depth). And we've heard from people who claim to have them, or know others who do, and contend that they aren't so troublesome and dangerous after all. What should we make of that?

Edited by Martial Development

I'm curious to see how power seekers can reconcile their quests with concepts of Wu Wei. All I seem to hear about is striving, striving, and more striving.