SarahMoriko

What do the bums think about this guys Taoist "principles"?

That nature is unkind serves as a reminder... When we laze on our porches and savor cool summer breezes... nature seems pretty sweet. That a hawk hovers above looking for field prey is part of the scene and not bad nor good.

kindness has little place in the natural world. But we as beings who wish for - & attempt to attain transcendance of our more basic mind-sets - can behave with kindness and may be afforded that luxury as we will it!

Knowing ones' place in the world is very important. A sage need not act as others need to act. His place and activities are not typical of human behaviors...He spends his time with different concerns.

love to all- Pat

Red Pine in his Taoteching compares straw dogs to Christmas trees. I must admit, it gives a different color to the passage.

The original intent of bringing live trees indoors has been lost for the most part. That we subvert the true meaning of the act by killing millions of trees every year appalls me! So yeah its a straw dog in that it belies our activity as something other than what it actually IS...

I often see any "straw dog" as a sort of fake/false effegy

Mao said that the atomic bomb was a straw dog for the industrialists... Meaning that they would not use the real thing, but only offer the image of doom to curtail activity that went against industrialist desires/activities...

Chunyi Lin Hello my dear friends! People ask me about earthquakes. Mother Earth has to balance herself and there are nature changes. She has a way to breath and the earth moves. During the changes we can help her balance the energy by qigong, prayer and meditation. After changes happen we can go within and ask what we can do to make things better.

2 hours ago