Seth Ananda

Johny Chang/Liping Lotus position?

Sweet. Is that from

*** The teachings and Practices of the Early Quanzhen Taoist Masters

S. Eskildsen

SUNY Press, 2004

??

Post #73 comes from Eskildsen, the 'sitting in lotus' thing comes from Wang Liping's group publications in chinese

YM

Wow -- Wang Liping -- the real deal. Amazing. thanks. Maybe you can translate more of his writings as there seems to be a huge demand for it -- of course that might impede on the whole $$ schtick. haha. Maybe the Wang Liping associates can hire you? Oh well. Full-lotus has been very good to me and his 4 hour session -- tied down -- in the beginning of Opening the Dragon Gate -- is awesome.

Post #73 comes from Eskildsen, the 'sitting in lotus' thing comes from Wang Liping's group publications in chinese

YM

Bravo Ymwong :D ,

Your time & Effort is much appreciated over here. Thanks a million for making the teachings available in english. Some of this material is so in-depth.

This sounds like such an advanced system with so many key points to remember. It would be virtually impossible for anybody to practice on their own, That being said however, I still find the information priceless .

Thankyou very much,

Bob Smith

Thanks very much also Kathy, This is just great. They do sound like some great techniques. And the best part is its probably very safe. Some styles may have similar techniques but could be very dangerous, I would fully trust the Methods being offered by your school however.

All the best,

r.w.smith,

You are welcome. There will be more information in the future. We don't mind some crazy guys insult, we want people know what is the true Tao/Dao.

Thanks very much also Kathy, This is just great. They do sound like some great techniques.

r.w.smith,

You are welcome. There will be more information in the future. We don't mind some crazy guys insult, we want people know what is the true Tao/Dao.

Dear Kathy,

thank you very much. I'm sure "some crazy guys" owe you an apology, but even if it is not forthcoming, we will do our best to dissuade them from "returning the bad for the good" in the future.

• Like 1

Dear Kathy,

thank you very much. I'm sure "some crazy guys" owe you an apology, but even if it is not forthcoming, we will do our best to dissuade them from "returning the bad for the good" in the future.

An insult is a feedback too...

I'm not in Ken in Kathy's shoes, but if I were, I would pay attention to people that are ready to give feedback without keeping to social appearances.

If hypotetically, I represented a school, I'll choose my words ten times before I let them appear on a public forum.

Otherwise, the school will loose alot of credit, and eventually the guys in charge would find out and correct the situation. But some things cannot be corrected any more...

Wouldn't you agree that these kind of exchanges will occur more often than we like, especially in the field of 'teaching the unseen'? (especially in a clash of cultures)

Didn't it occur often in Chinese history that masters and teachers were challenged, and then judged by their behaviour and reaction?

Would they use the occasion to offer a nice lesson of wisely solving human differences, or would they resort to threats and insult back?

To some people, choosing a school is choosing a destiny... it's like choosing a partner in life.

They make up their minds regardless of any threats.

The ones that are just interested in stealing the techniques and do it they're own way, they count for nothing. They may kowtow a thousand times and tell you what you want to hear.

The ones that want to invest all of their power, and heart and mind into it, will measure, and measure and measure... It's them that I, if I were to represent a school, would pay attention to. Because they rarely talk. Mostly, they talk thru their silence...

*bowing out*

L1

Didn't it occur often in Chinese history that masters and teachers were challenged, and then judged by their behaviour and reaction?

Would they use the occasion to offer a nice lesson of wisely solving human differences, or would they resort to threats and insult back?

It's certainly an interesting "cultural" exchange. :lol: The Chinese get crude insults, the West gets privy to ancient secrets!

Anyhow, Kathy has taken the high road and responded to a hateful bigot with kind compassion. I think this says a lot about her and how's she's been taught. Longmen Pai cultivates virtue, not just power.

Meanwhile, Niko has not acknowledged the helpful responses from numerous Chinese posters here or offered any apology, much less thanks. Guess it's always easier to ignore any behavior that does not support your own preexisting racial prejudice - than to change that personal prejudice. Every coin has 2 sides. But if you only choose to see the "bad" side (like Niko and many of us at times), then you are intentionally skewing your perception solely to rationalize your own bias. So, who's the real "racist pig" here??? :rolleyes:

I think he appears to suffer from deep-seated rage issues and may want to look into Freudian projection, confirmation bias & cleansing his liver of anger. Ultimately, it all goes back to YOU.

BTW, I have also suggested more translations of the Taoist canon before. However, I consider that a helpful favor, not some rightful entitlement.

This thread contains posts from spoofed ID's

David Coletti

and

niko (wind) hatzakis

These ID's are not the real life David Coletti and Nik Hatzakis and as such DO NOT represent their views.

These false members have been banned and our sincere apologies to the real David and Nik.

-Mod Squad-

• Like 1