Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hi all and Sifu Terry!

It's my first week doing FPCK and I'm loving it so far! I was fortunate enough to have plenty of free time to spend around 3 hours a day on every set from Volume 1 and 2. In the morning I do MSW 3 (90 80 50 20) then in the afternoon do all the rest in the evening. Might change it up a bit soon. The DVDs and this thread (which I'm still reading through) provide so much information to learn from. So far I have made a few observations:

-Every set feels like it affects a different part of the body, for example the first seated warm up meditation (5 60 80 40 30) affects my upper back and neck, the first time I did it my back and neck ached that day, but as I kept on going the ache seems to move higher and disappear. The third seated meditation (50 10 50) affects my lower back, that ache is slowly going away too. MHP (90 50 40 20 10) makes my legs feel like they are bubbling and they sometimes shake a lot. The second seated warm up meditation (50 30 10) is the one that has the most noticeable affect of feeling qi (or what I think is qi, I may be wrong), I can do it very slowly and it feels like my arms are floating up and down, like my hands are on a giant balloon being inflated and then deflated. MGM (60 40 20) is interesting because after a while it seems like there is a faint smoke between my hands and my vision starts to feel like the beginning of a mushroom trip. The others have an effect but these are the most noticeable so far. Hopefully these results are consistent with everyone else! 

In terms of my health there is nothing really noticeable yet, however last night I looked in the mirror and my face was full of blackheads and whiteheads and they were all sticking out! I've never had anything like that in my life. Then this morning after a shower they were all gone. I didn't use any face soap or exfoliation, just rinsed my face with water and when I remembered to check if the blackheads or whiteheads were still there the ones sticking were all gone and my face was smooth. I still have some left which are deeper so I'll keep an eye on those to see if they all come out like yesterday. Has anyone experience this?

I would like to thank Sifu Terry for making the DVDs and giving the world an easily accessible way to learn FPCK and also thank Earl Grey for recommending FPCK to me!

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone celebrating!

EDIT 1:

Some other effects I’ve noticed since starting FPCK:

1) I sometimes get night terrors where I have really intense feelings of fear in a nightmare and start talking/crying in my sleep. In the week that I’ve started FPCK I have more vivid dreams (nothing scary) and I’ve been laughing myself myself awake twice already

2) for the last year I’ve had a problem with hair follicle infections in my nose, I would have painful pus filled spots. Since starting FPCK I’ve had one extremely painful and big spot but this time it’s appearing on both the inside and outside of the nose, I’m hoping my body is finally purging it, let’s see how it plays out

EDIT 2:

The most visible effect of FPCK so far has been my vision. Everything is much clearer and I can see longer distances. Any light seems to be more vibrant as well

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 3

I’m now approaching 4 months of practising FPCK and I’m pretty relieved that my practice routine seems to be settling down. However, unlike previous routines such as Silent Illumination meditation or a simple ZZ stand, there always seems to be more stuff to learn, and I’ve had to accept that this is part of the process.

One aspect of having a practice that uses a range of techniques is I’m having to learn how to listen to my instincts in regards as to what meditation to do on what day. There’s a fairly simple approach here whereby I simply cycle through all the meditations, but as I’ve yet to familiarise myself with them, there is a degree of guess work of what to do when.

As for things that are pretty stable, the main one is I now only do one session a day, with two meditations in it, one static and one moving. I used to do two sessions a day, but I just don’t have the motivation to keep doing the second session. This means I now rotate between either standing or sitting each day, which has the benefit of reducing the strain on my knees.

When I used to stand every day my knees were fine, however due to the calming nature of the FPCK energy, I find myself sinking slightly lower in to my stances, which very mildly strains the knees. However, by alternating between a sit one day and a stand the next, the knees are fine.

I’ve also adjusted my seated posture from a chair to a low wooden stool with my legs very slightly crossed, which is an improvement.

I’m also pleased that my energy levels have increased sufficiently so I now do some warm up exercises before the meditations. For the time being I’m doing nothing more than what Lam Kam Chuen recommended for beginners of ZZ, which is knee, hip and arm rotations. I’ve actually changed the knee rotations to knee raises, as I feel this is a slightly better joint loosening exercise.

I’m planning on changing this simple 3 exercise warm up to the 8 Brocades, and then later still onto Wong Kiew Kits 18 Lohans.

As far as familiarity goes, I’m good with about a third of the published material, am learning another third, with the final third set to be learnt later on in the year.

I find there’s a really good element of body conditioning that goes on in this practice as a number of the standing meditations use the horse stance. I go as shallowly as possible so my legs don’t shake near the end of what might be 30 minutes of standing moving meditation. But the muscles are finding this easier as time goes on and I’ll lower this depth in time.

The other physical aspect I like is the internal stretching that goes on as I try to perform the meditations as slowly as possible. I’ve been doing the 8 Brocades one day a week during my day off from FPCK and I’m happy to notice it’s improving as time passes, and this is something I wasn’t expecting.

I’ve also been performing Shibashi on my day off just to give myself a break from the breathing sequence and this is another calming and balancing energy practice that nicely compliments FPCK.

When I’ve got to the point of knowing all of the publicly available material by heart and can perform all the moving meditations smoothly and effortlessly, I may well look into something else, however for the time being I’m very much enjoying this particular journey and I’m gaining many benefits from this practice.

• Like 3

Hi all and Sifu Terry,

I have a question specifically related to Monk Holds Peach (90 50 40 20 10). Today while I was doing it I didn't have the shaky legs as much as I did in previous days, it was mostly calm and my body was swaying back and forth (Western Wall style as Shifu Terry said before) but I would also have times where my torso would contort to the right and left, sometimes so much that I would be facing 90 degrees to the left instead of facing forward. In this case should I force my body to move back to face forward or just let my body go where it wants?

Jonathon

• Like 1

Found the answer to my question here:

On 3/2/2017 at 9:22 AM, zen-bear said:

AQ

Hello Aeran and Shiva33,

I'm glad to read that you've both experienced swaying/circling of the torso from the base of the spine in your practice of the "basic" FP seated meditations on Vol.2.  Every complete system of Yoga from any culture will unlock this spine-related energy that has been given a name by each respective yogic culture.  In Taoist Meditation, the primal energy at the base of the spine is raised and circulated by practicing "Turning of the Wheel" or "Circulation of the Light" as taught in "The Secret of the Golden Flower." 

With respect to this kundalini experience in FP Qigong practice:  with enough practice, one will be able to discern the "awakening" and flow of the primal energy at the base of the spine as apart from coordinated or non-coordinated muscular spasms that also occur at the beginning stages of any meditation practice that accompanies general detoxification.

Typically, the coiling spinal energy or kundalini is felt as an electric current, and the bodily movement that it induces are smooth and symmetrical circles and spirals...that take hold of everything from the base of the spine (if one is seated) to the top of the head.  Today, was the first warm day in Los Angeles in a while 74 degrees.  And I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon to do an extensive practice that reviewed 4 arts that I practice.  About 1/3 of my total practice time was spent on these 3 advanced Monk Serves Wine meditations from Volume 7 (in this order):

(70 50 20 10)

(80 70 50 30)

(60 70 40  5)

I mention this practice because each of these MSW Meditations [and each and every one of the entire set of 24 seated MSW meditaions] induces a slightly different configuration of energy flow that manifests in slightly different swayings and coilings of the torso and sometimes arms.  The combination of the first and last MSW meditation, I believe, caused in me very pleasant and relatively fast windings of my body from the upper chest to the top of the head (Shasrara or crown chakra)--that included circling of the head and winding of the neck.  The second MSW that I did (80 70 50 30) did NOT cause any windings anywhere in the body, but proceeded to intensely "heat up" the energy in the torso at the exact levels of wherever my hands were placed or moving during this meditation.

As you delve into the MSW Meditations in Volumes 2 and 7, you will discover this fact--that each meditation induces a subtly unique. sublime pattern of involuntary swaying and coiling.

Besides this forecast of what fun and bliss lies ahead, I also decided to make this my opportunity to remind or teach here for the first time:

That no matter how much involuntary swaying, circling and spiraling of the torso and extremities takes place and no matter how sublime, gassy, or rapturous those movements are, always return to meditation in repose with absolute stillness and make sure that in every FP practice session, you spend more time in perfect stillness than in involuntary swayings, rotations, and spiralings.  The spontaneous and totally involuntary circling, no matter how rapturous, are not the point of the exercise but a passing by-product.  And if one fixates of gets too attached to involuntary movements, that will impede one's yogic progress.  As my favorite teacher in Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung, John Davidson, said, 

"Jiggly meditation will get you nowhere."

If you've read this entire thread, you know how I so love to quote Hexagram 52 of the I Ching, "Keeping Still", which is an entire hexagram serving as a foundation teaching for all Chinese Yogas that expounds very clear yogic instructions and explains how correct and incorrect practice leads to healthy and unwholesome outcomes, respectively--and to correct and aberrant behavior, also respectively.

KEEPING STILL. Keeping his back still          So that he no longer feels his body.

• Never forgot that this is the essential fundamental teaching--especially for beginners.

Enjoy your further explorations of "The Mystery Dance" -- the serpentine dance of your kundalini energy.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 2

Some observations I’ve made in my second week of FPCK

• dog sometimes sits next to me during practice, waits in my meditation spot for me to start, likes to lick my fingers and palms while meditating 
  • Constant high pitched noise heard all the time, sometimes cicada/cricket sounds as if I’m in rainforest 
  • Stronger effects after meditation, I have to rest more
  • Starting to see some bluish mist/smoke above hands in MGM, feels like energy building up in between hands, when I try to push my fingers it’s like pushing two of the same sides of a magnet together (15 mins)
  • Feeling of pulsing of fingers and thumb in MHPeach (15 mins)
  • Bubbly feeling in LDT during MHPearl (15 mins)
  • BTB takes around 20 mins
  • Calves are very tense and tight during MHPearl (15 mins)
  • Tension in upper back moved down to lower back and then right thigh in one SMWU 1 session (20 mins)
  • Sometimes tension, tightness and shaking in upper arms, feeling of wind and pressure in ears SMWU (7 sets)
  • Tension and tightness in lower back, moves up to left thigh and sometimes legs shake in SMWU 3 session (15 mins) constant feedback caused in nearby subwoofer 
  • Tried switching up my practice and did MSW 1,2,3 before the standing exercises. When I did BTB I didn’t break a sweat until the end, normally my face and back are drenched early on
  • Starting to see more blue colours when eyes are closed, sometimes sky blue but mostly darker shades

EDIT: SMWU is the seated meditation warm ups from DVD 2!

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 6

Greetings to all FP Qigong practitioners.  And

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF THE WATER TIGER!

I am extending this celebration I did on New Year's Day last Tuesday after I gave a private lesson I gave to my friend and student Dr. Roy Page at my usual teaching spot in Santa Monica (I'm back in SoCal for a  working vacation):

This form is called the Bok Fu Pai Ten Hook Eagle Claw Attack Form.  And it is a basic form in the Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu system that GM Doo Wai had all of us (in the 1991 to 1997 class that I formed around him).  This is the first time that I ever committed this form to any visual medium.  I was inspired to dust off my muscle memory's cobwebs and demonstrate this  authentic White Tiger Kung Fu form because it's the Year of the Tiger...and there aren't any Tiger or Tiger-Crane kung fu practitioners these days.  I'm sharing  it here to provide all  FP Qigong practitioners with the cultural context of the FP Qigong art.  Although FP Qigong can stand on its on in comparison with any system of Chinese Qigong and any system of Yoga in the world, historically, It's not a stand alone system, but one of the health "safety nets" of the Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu system.  Sun Yi Gung, which my Sihing Garry Hearfield preserves, is another health safety net (and more).

At any rate...

Best Wishes to All  for Help and Health in the New Year.

and may your year be charged with all the primal attributes of the Tiger:  

raw power, strength, determination, and uncommon courage.  

mitakuye oyasin

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Week 3 Observations

• Starting to see blue aura around fingers, feeling like I’m holding and pressing against a balloon between my hands during MGM, feels like my field of view is getting wider (15 mins)
  • First time seeing FPCK sky blue colour during BTB (25 mins)
  • Energy radiating from upper back and electric feeling in laogong during MHPeach (15 mins)
  • Sometimes wind in ears and legs shaking during SMWU3
  • Sometimes intense tongue spasms in MSW3
  • More FPCK sky blue colour when eyes are closed during practice 
  • Stronger electric feeling in laogong throughout the day 
  • Bags under eyes almost completely gone
  • Blue colour starting to guide and show me how fast to do movements during practice
  • Sometimes see world through “blue filter” when finishing meditation
  • When I do MGM outside I can see bright particles flying around in between my hands 
  • Pulsing sensation like a heartbeat felt in LDT during MHPearl supine 
  • No more high pitched sound, only cricket/cicada sound
  • Hearing has gotten better. I can hear chickens somewhere in the neighbourhood at 4:30am, sometimes keeps me up at night!
  • Hands sometimes glow when I bring them near closed eyes during practice 
  • Sometimes my body aches in the area I had a shingles outbreak
  • Scars on my palms seem to be disappearing, but need to keep an eye on it and compare over time to confirm 
  • I had the first nightmare since starting FPCK. I was working in a kitchen with a lot of live crabs and one escaped into the garden. When I went to get it back the crab chased me around then went to get its friends to chase me around. I don’t have a fear of crabs, but I was scared of getting pinched! Normally when I experience fear in dreams/nightmares I wake up when confronted with monsters/demons/ghosts/possessed people. However this time instead of waking up I found a shovel in my dream and managed to whack the crabs. It was the first time in a dream/nightmare where I was able to confront and successfully deal with something that was chasing me.
  • Dreams are becoming like lessons. In one dream I was a drunk Marlon Brando during filming on set who couldn’t do what the director wanted, in another dream I had to sacrifice myself to vampires to save my friends who were running away. Got drunk then meditated, ended up levitating into traffic
  • I had my first dream about FPCK where I was in a public park and wanted to heal a dog’s foot but was too self conscious and shy to do FPCK in public.
  • I had a nightmare that woke me up. I was in my room in an apartment and this kid from the building next door came in, I remember him being Indian. I ignored them because somehow I knew something bad was going to happen to them that day and I shouldn’t interfere and just let nature take it’s course. Then I started writing some words on a piece of paper with watercolour brush while they left. I forgot what words or phrase in English it was but the first letter was S. For some reason I wrote the S last and made it much bigger than the other letters. I made a mistake and had to keep going over it. In the end it somehow looked like Chinese calligraphy and when I finished I heard kids screaming from the street outside. I then thought I should have done something to keep that neighbours kid from leaving so I could have prevented this from happening. I looked out the window and the kid’s spirit was flying up the side of the building, but he was much lighter complexion and had blonde hair. I screamed in my dream then woke up freezing cold and shivering, while exhaling so loud and heavily. I could also feel some energy moving around my back. It happened around 6:30am.
Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 6

So I’m currently reading Opening the Dragon Gate, and I’m at the part where Wang Liping visits Mount Emei (chapter 13). In a cave at the top of the mountain he meets the Cloud Roaming Wayfarer who was 118 years old at the time and described as “an aged man with the face of a child and dark hair”. Interesting to see the results of FPCK confirmed by Wang Liping!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, searcher7977 said:

Sifu Terry,

Thank you very much for the gift of FPCK, I hope these holidays have found you well! I have two questions I'm hoping you will be able to answer!

Quick background: I am currently somewhat bedridden, suffering from chronic fatigue that has plagued me for a decade, and completely disabled me for the last 2 years. This is likely due to both enormous amounts of stress and improper/unguided buddhist meditation throughout the last decade. I was diagnosed with "zen sickness" at one point by a legitimate rinzai zen monk. I have decided to give up seated "stillness" meditations for the time being and instead try to heal myself with more yang, moving, physical practices. I used to be a very active athlete, and cumulatively have about a year of experience with various qigong practices and (Wu-style) Tai Chi before I got to this almost bedridden state. 

My questions are: 

Would it be okay to use the circling blocks warm-up in DVD Vol. 3 as a beginner (to FPCK)? I ask because it incorporates shifting weight back and forth, which seems to have a healing effect on me. 

How can I approach Flying Phoenix Chi Kung when it is difficult and sometimes impossible to do the breathing sequences? I can do them some days, but other days my will-power and awareness completely disappears, and its impossible for me to control my breathing. On those days sometimes I can only do the warm-ups in Vol. 1 for a minute or two at a time before I have to lie down.

My plan was to just do the warm-ups or even the just the forms in DVD Vol. 1, one minute at a time for months if necessary, until I was healed and strong enough to be able to do the proper breathing sequences. 

Thank you very much for your time!

-Aaron

Hello Aaron,

I'm very sorry to take so long--2 months--to reply to your post.  But I had to go to my hometown of L.A. for 6 weeks to take care of long neglected work there that turned out to be extremely laborious.  I didn't teach much during those 6 weeks either.

At any rate, thank you for you kind holiday wishes.  I hope this new Year of the Tiger is going well for you.

Here are my answers to your questions (in bold colored italics):

Would it be okay to use the circling blocks warm-up in DVD Vol. 3 as a beginner (to FPCK)? I ask because it incorporates shifting weight back and forth, which seems to have a healing effect on me. 

Answer:  Yes, you can use those exercises on Vol.3 as a warm-up for a beginner to FPCK.  One can use virtually any Tai Chi movement repeated as a warm-up to FPCK practice.  Such as the 3 warm-up conditioning exercises taught in the first 40 min. of my (all-time best-selling Tai Chi For Health Short Form or TCFH Long Form DVDs.

How can I approach Flying Phoenix Chi Kung when it is difficult and sometimes impossible to do the breathing sequences? I can do them some days, but other days my will-power and awareness completely disappears, and its impossible for me to control my breathing. On those days sometimes I can only do the warm-ups in Vol. 1 for a minute or two at a time before I have to lie down.

Just do what you can when you can.  To get the full benefits of FPCK, you must do the breath-control sequences correctly. 

But if you experience a  "lack will-power and awareness" on certain days, just let the FP practice go on those days until you get your mental focus back.  The breath controls require mental concentration and thereby exercise your nervous system.  And if you happen to be so agitated, depressed or just so distracted so that you cant do the breath controls, don't practice FPCK on those days. 

*Instead, you might want to learn and practice Taoist Elixir Method  (Tao Tan Pai) Basic 31 Meditations, the first-level practice of the Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu and Nei Kung traditiion, which is an even other Taoist monastic Qigong system is based on a totally different cosmology compared to Flying Phoenix and does not involve the unique "percentage breath controls" found in FPCK.  Tao Tan Pai is almost as rare is Flying Phoenix and is much older. I am one of about a dozen instructors in TTP.  You can learn it from me through my  ongoing Sunday 2-hour Qigong class 4pm-6pm EST, which will resume next Sunday  (after I took a 6 week business trip to west coast).

Good luck with your FPCK practice.  And I hope it has gotten easier for you since you posted your questions.

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 10:49 AM, centertime said:

Hi,

Could you have a morning session as well? For me, being in Europe, the current times of the session are the worst.

I tried to go..but I was too tired...to follow.

Hi Centertime,

I'm sorry to take so long--2 months--to reply to your post;  I was in Los Angeles for 6 weeks of business unrelated to FPCK and Chinese arts. 

I am still forming my teaching schedule for 2022 and will try to work in a morning Zoom classes so you and other Europeans can take them.  

Thanks for your interest.

Happy New Year of the Tiger.

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Just wanted to share this!

For most of my life I’ve had bad eyesight, and was virtually blind when not wearing glasses and decided to get laser surgery to fix my eyes. My prescription was -11.25 in both eyes when I went for the preliminary check up, and the doctor told me that the surgery will only fix my eyesight by 10 so the final result would be -1.25 at best but most likely around -2. She gave me glasses with that prescription to see how my eyesight would look like after the surgery and it was pretty good, except I wouldn’t be able to read long distances. It wasn’t able to read the eye chart from the chair in the opticians office, the writing was blurry. But it seemed good enough for me, my eyesight in general would be fine for everyday life and having a pair of glasses in pocket for long distance reading is a small price to pay. 

For the last 6 weeks I have been practicing FPCK every day, usually from 1 to 3 hours, but for the week of my surgery I did FPCK every morning when I woke up for an hour followed by 10 minutes of stillness, then 10 minutes of waigong after breakfast, 10 minutes of neigong after lunch and then 10 minutes of stillness between dinner and sleep.

Yesterday I had the surgery and when I got home I carried on with my schedule of 10 mins stillness at night, then today I did the usual hour of FPCK then stillness, then waigong later on before going for my post operation check up. When it came time to test my vision with the eye chart, the doctor was visibly shocked when I could see the large letter “E” on the eye chart, since it was predicted that I wouldn’t be able to see it that well after surgery. We carried on and she was getting more and more shocked as the letters became smaller, and eventually I could read up to the level of someone with perfect vision! They did more tests on my eyes and found that my left eye now has a prescription of 0 (meaning perfect vision) and my right eye now has a prescription of -0.75! It’s already rare enough for a prescription to improve beyond a value of 10 and even rarer for it to be this good less than 24 hours after the surgery. 

I believe that this improvement was only possible due to practicing qigong, waigong, neigong and stillness. I can’t pinpoint exactly which ones worked the best for my eyes but it doesn’t matter, I’m sure they all played a part. Now the next step is to see if my right eye improves from -0.75 to 0 when I have my next check up!

Here is my before and after prescription.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Just wanted to share this!

For most of my life I’ve had bad eyesight, and was virtually blind when not wearing glasses and decided to get laser surgery to fix my eyes. My prescription was -11.25 in both eyes when I went for the preliminary check up, and the doctor told me that the surgery will only fix my eyesight by 10 so the final result would be -1.25 at best but most likely around -2. She gave me glasses with that prescription to see how my eyesight would look like after the surgery and it was pretty good, except I wouldn’t be able to read long distances. It wasn’t able to read the eye chart from the chair in the opticians office, the writing was blurry. But it seemed good enough for me, my eyesight in general would be fine for everyday life and having a pair of glasses in pocket for long distance reading is a small price to pay. 

For the last 6 weeks I have been practicing FPCK every day, usually from 1 to 3 hours, but for the week of my surgery I did FPCK every morning when I woke up for an hour followed by 10 minutes of stillness, then 10 minutes of waigong after breakfast, 10 minutes of neigong after lunch and then 10 minutes of stillness between dinner and sleep.

Yesterday I had the surgery and when I got home I carried on with my schedule of 10 mins stillness at night, then today I did the usual hour of FPCK then stillness, then waigong later on before going for my post operation check up. When it came time to test my vision with the eye chart, the doctor was visibly shocked when I could see the large letter “E” on the eye chart, since it was predicted that I wouldn’t be able to see it that well after surgery. We carried on and she was getting more and more shocked as the letters became smaller, and eventually I could read up to the level of someone with perfect vision! They did more tests on my eyes and found that my left eye now has a prescription of 0 (meaning perfect vision) and my right eye now has a prescription of -0.75! It’s already rare enough for a prescription to improve beyond a value of 10 and even rarer for it to be this good less than 24 hours after the surgery. 

I believe that this improvement was only possible due to practicing qigong, waigong, neigong and stillness. I can’t pinpoint exactly which ones worked the best for my eyes but it doesn’t matter, I’m sure they all played a part. Now the next step is to see if my right eye improves from -0.75 to 0 when I have my next check up!

Here is my before and after prescription.

Hi!  What did they say how well you would see after the surgery?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, centertime said:

Hi!  What did they say how well you would see after the surgery?

They said my vision would be -1.25 at best but most likely around -2.00. Basically at the stage where you can’t read the eye chart at all in an opticians office.

Here are some examples:

-2.00, the predicted outcome:

-1.25, the maximum result the surgery should have given me:

0.0, completly normal vision:

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

They said my vision would be -1.25 at best but most likely around -2.00. Basically at the stage where you can’t read the eye chart at all in an opticians office.

Here are some examples:

-2.00, the predicted outcome:

-1.25, the maximum result the surgery should have given me:

0.0, completly normal vision:

For me,this is better.

0 D seeing clearly up to 2 m at least

-1.25D seeing clearly up 0.8m

-2D seeing clearly up to 0.5m.

Edited by centertime

1 minute ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Ah, I had myopia (shortsightedness). Never had a problem with hyperopia (longsightedness). 

I did not put - in front of Ds.

25 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I don’t understand your point but it doesn’t matter anyway my eyesight is fixed perfectly. Prescriptions will soon become a distant memory. 

The next question is... how stable will your result/eyesight be? Will the results stay? My guess is.. if you keep doing Chi Kung, there is higher chance they stay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, centertime said:

The next question is... how stable will your result/eyesight be? Will the results stay? My guess is.. if you keep doing Chi Kung, there is higher chance they stay.

The optician said that there is always a chance that eyesight can get worse, due to old age and other factors so there is no guarantee that it will stay. However there is no guarantee that it will get worse either. 

But yes I will continue to do daily chi kung because I believe it helped me to get the more than optimal results from this surgery. Even in the month before the surgery I would notice my eyesight continually getting better and better with consistent practice. I could see further and clearer than I normally would, and lights look more vivid and vibrant than from before doing any chi kung. It’s like the difference between watching something in SD and then watching it in HD. 

My next goal is to see if I can get my right eye from -0.75 to 0 by the time I have the follow up appointment at the eye clinic next week. I think FPCK can help with the healing process to get it perfect but only time will tell!

21 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

The optician said that there is always a chance that eyesight can get worse, due to old age and other factors so there is no guarantee that it will stay. However there is no guarantee that it will get worse either. 

But yes I will continue to do daily chi kung because I believe it helped me to get the more than optimal results from this surgery. Even in the month before the surgery I would notice my eyesight continually getting better and better with consistent practice. I could see further and clearer than I normally would, and lights look more vivid and vibrant than from before doing any chi kung. It’s like the difference between watching something in SD and then watching it in HD. 

My next goal is to see if I can get my right eye from -0.75 to 0 by the time I have the follow up appointment at the eye clinic next week. I think FPCK can help with the healing process to get it perfect but only time will tell!

By the way, people reported eye sight improvement with all kind of Chi Kung... and Buddhist exercises.

Anything that improves your mind and body.

• Like 1

Actually, in another lineage I belong to, “high” qigong styles like FP improve eyesight.

This over generalization from centertime does not explain how the eyes are healed because traditionally we treat patients, not symptoms. What FP does is severely under appreciated by saying qigong in general heals the eyes… simply not true. It is specific top notch styles that do this and FP is known to be good for thousands of conditions.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

Hi all,

I am learning Moonbeam Splashes on Water  and need some clarification.

1. How many times extended arms in front of body goes down and up (in DVD with voice it says 2.5 cycle: down up, down up, down, and in demonstration www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJsEElHygQ at 1:30 its 1.5 cycle).

2. After presses and pushes. When swinging arms left and then right: does head need to follow right hand till the end like in youtube video at 4:03, or stop just facing forward at left hand like in DVD with voice.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Chainikas said:

Hi all,

I am learning Moonbeam Splashes on Water  and need some clarification.

1. How many times extended arms in front of body goes down and up (in DVD with voice it says 2.5 cycle: down up, down up, down, and in demonstration www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJsEElHygQ at 1:30 its 1.5 cycle).

2. After presses and pushes. When swinging arms left and then right: does head need to follow right hand till the end like in youtube video at 4:03, or stop just facing forward at left hand like in DVD with voice.

Thank you.

1. flap the arms up and down twice after lowering it the first time.

2. facing forward only, do not turn your head left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2022. 03. 05. at 11:20 AM, Earl Grey said:

Actually, in another lineage I belong to, “high” qigong styles like FP improve eyesight.

This over generalization from centertime does not explain how the eyes are healed because traditionally we treat patients, not symptoms. What FP does is severely under appreciated by saying qigong in general heals the eyes… simply not true. It is specific top notch styles that do this and FP is known to be good for thousands of conditions.

I am responding to this "this over generalization from centertime does not explain how the eyes are healed "

Let me try to explain as I see it, how eyes are healed... or why they are not healed.

I have some theories based on books and my own experience:

- When you do not see well, you retreat inwards... You back off the world because it is dangerous to be in touch with the world.

Let us say it can be..  One makes a decision to withdraw...   Also, you have less and less energy. therefore you do not have energy to see well... to expand... Your comfort zone gets smaller and smaller... You may become rigid and freeze.

-When you do Chi Kung... you unfreeze yourself.. patterns in the body.. tensions in the body.... because you move.

When you have a tension in yourself , it affects your body , not just your eyes..  Also, some tension in the eyes are mirrored on various  parts of the body which means if you move them... you relax them and they can affect your eyes as well.

You also start "softening" blockages.. and walls placed in your mind and in body. That is why people have nightmares when they tried to improve their eyes... because they release negative fears and experience kept under the wraps or buried.

So each time you do Chi Kung you soften your walls...blockages inside your bit by bit... Often it is not smooth process. Too much released is then people feel very bad performing some Chi Kung. Best Chi Kungs give your little side effects.

-Doing Chi Kung also allows you gather energy which can be used to solve "blockages"... Blockages can be considered to be created because of buried internal conflicts well...  They are reawakened when you do Chi Kung... However, good Chi Kung gives you good energies that allow you to solve previously unsolved conflicts better this time.. When that happens you may solve the problem, release blockages.. Chi flows better... you start healing.

-Blockages can be complicated....the energy network can be in bad state.. Then Chi Kung can overload the system... and you get "Chi deviation"....  Good Chi Kung releases your blockages in order that comes with the least suffering... Bad Chi Kung may start  releasing big blockages , then you get stuck because you cannot process it... It is a "meal" that is too heavy or too toxic..to "digest".

Good Chi Kung helps you to transform blockages into better energies.. (internal achemy) that allows you to process blockages easier. Good Chi Kung gives you the energy type/Chi that you miss, that you need to solve internal conflicts.  Less good Chi Kung gives your energies that do not help you much because you do not need those. It is like taking the right energy "vitamin".

- Eye blockages often come with  neck, shoulder/spine blockages as well.. so until those are resolved, eyes may not improve. In those cases, you can think Chi Kung does not work... or it may work just slowly and you do not notice it. Eye blockages can mean blockages in the head, brain..... As conflicts reawaken again, you may experience headaches again. So they may be temporary.

So it can be very complicated....

-Buddhist exercises.. can also make you less "walls"... as steer you beyond "the ego" that maintains those walls.. 

Blockages are not bad things..in themselves they are created to prevent energy overflow and burnout in the system. You create them when you cannot handle something in life. (A life situation in general or pain).However, if there are too many of them.. that the chance of healing is low... because Chi can flow very badly... In principle, blockages can resolve themselves ,this could happen on its own. Though some healing happens naturally but when you acquire more new blockages than you resolve...because of new bad life experiences. then your eyes sight gets worse..  As life goes on new challenges can come while you have not solved the old ones.. creating a downward spiral.

Now Chi Kung can speed up problem resolution.. so you may get more healing than new blockages,... In fact, you may resolve some ancient blockages.

Edited by centertime
  • Like 2