Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Hola eduardo

Es bueno que te hayas expuesto a las 10 Meditaciones San Gong de Feng Do Duk que presentan al GM Doo Wai demostrándolas. Sepa que los 10 San Gung Med son una práctica avanzada y son mucho más fáciles de aprender y memorizar y también tienen un mayor efecto una vez que ha aprendido las artes hermanas más básicas como FP Qigong o Sunn Yi Gung que enseña Sifu Garry Hearfield. Además, FP Qigong tiene 24 "Meditaciones del Monje Sirve el Vino" que son todas poderosas y profundas y de las cuales más de 1/2 tienen una hermosa y compleja coreografía. Solo he publicado 8 de las 24 meditaciones sobre MSW en mi serie de DVD CKFH. Los estudiantes serios tienen que estudiar conmigo en persona para aprender el resto del sistema y corregir su meditación "Rayo de luna" y su piedra angular "Meditación permanente de forma larga" (enseñada en el Vol. 4). O en algunos casos raros, enseñaré a un estudiante intermedio o avanzado a través de Skype o Zoom. Todo eso es para decir que una vez que uno aprende todo el Sistema FP, las 10 Meditaciones San Gung son mucho más fáciles de aprender y memorizar.

Pero si tiene el impulso y la disciplina para practicar cada una 18 veces por serie de forma regular como prescribe GM Doo Wai en el video, entonces puede aprender efectivamente las 10 Meditaciones SG de esa manera y obtener grandes beneficios. Siempre que hagas series de 18 repeticiones, no puedes equivocarte. Pero de todos modos lo mires, los efectos de los 10 SG Meds son mucho más poderosos, profundos y transformadores una vez que tienes FP Qigong y / o Sunn Yi Gung en tu haber.

Y sí, estoy pensando en hacer un video enseñando las 10 Meditaciones SG. Durante el año pasado, revisé y perfeccioné mi práctica de SG Meds. 1 a 9. Ahora estoy comenzando a revisar y limpiar las telarañas de la décima, la Forma Celestial de las Ocho Diosas, que es la tonta. Lo que conozco como una de las meditaciones más complejas que he visto en mi carrera en las artes marciales y yóguicas chinas. [Lo único que rivaliza con él son algunas de las meditaciones del Golden Flying Phoenix, que sé con bastante certeza que NADIE está listo para ello en este momento ... porque practicar Golden Flying Phoenix sigue siendo impresionante, ¡Estiramiento alucinante para mí!] Para ser honesto, tengo que practicar la Forma de la Diosa Celestial durante aproximadamente 6 meses más antes de sentir que estará lista para la demostración pública. Porque ' Ha pasado tanto tiempo: 25 años desde que lo aprendí en 1996 de GMDW, y me he desarrollado mucho en las artes Bok Fu Pai, en Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung y en el Tai Chi de Cheng Man-Ching, mi práctica de 8 La Forma Celestial de las Diosas ahora apenas se parece a cómo la practiqué cuando la aprendí por primera vez. En ese entonces, mi práctica parecía "de madera", y nada como la demostración de GM Doo Wai. Ahora parece fluido y sustancialmente similar al nivel de matices GUNG de GM Doo Wai. y nada como la demostración de GM Doo Wai. Ahora parece fluido y sustancialmente similar al nivel de matices GUNG de GM Doo Wai. y nada como la demostración de GM Doo Wai. Ahora parece fluido y sustancialmente similar al nivel de matices GUNG de GM Doo Wai.

Disfruta tu práctica.

Sifu Terry Dunn

---------------------------------------------------------------

Querido maestro

Terry Dunn

Muchas gracias por tan valiosa información, realmente creo que es asombroso siquiera pensar en lo poderosos que son los sistemas enseñados por ustedes, el Maestro Gary y el Gran Maestro Doo Wai.

La humanidad necesita aprender de estos sistemas de ejercicio de chi kung para alcanzar la salud y la paz interior.

Tan pronto como su DVD Sang Gong salga a la venta, muchos de nosotros lo compraremos.

Atentamente.

Edited by Eduardo

On 12/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, ChiGungPractitioner73 said:

I practiced Monk Gazing at the Moon for 12 mins (after dark) while actually gazing at the moon for the first time: Wow! Felt like the posture was supercharged, went home and did 18 reps of BTB (21 minutes, so faster than recommended), Monk Holding the Peach and Wind Above the Clouds. I felt an emptiness in my Hui-Yin area afterwards, which is a feeling I've only gotten from doing the BFSYG Level 1 Long Form before. My hips also moved frictionlessly from side to side, which I've only experienced once before, after one of Sifu Terry's Tai Chi Chuan classes where we did 1 hour and 45 mins of warm-ups before we got into the form, making it feel very smooth and natural.

If you haven't tried actually looking at a nearly full moon while doing MGAM, do it! It'll empower the whole rest of your practice session.

Hi CGP,
Sorry to take so long to reply, but's been a rough winter and spring filled with many obstacles to my teaching coming from weird quarters.  But I'm glad to hear that you've been experiencing profound channel-opening effects from the FP Qigong and Monk Gazing At Moon in particular--AND from MGAM while gazing at the moon.  There is a saying in the Chinese arts, especially in kung fu:  "The secret is always found in the beginning."

Good that you have BFSYG practice to compare FP Qigong to.  Keep up the good practice and get deeply into "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" and then capstone Long Form standing Meditation taught on Vol.4 o the dvd series.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

terencedunn.substack.com

• Like 4

On 1/1/2020 at 1:41 PM, virtue said:

It's 100% non-serious horsing around by yours truly. Nothing to get offended for, and no disrespect meant or implied.

One year and 190+ days after this post, I finally read for the first time that little discussion following Virtue's reposting here of my answer to his question on PM regarding holding the tongue on the roof of the mouth during FP Qigong practice...and I just want to say that I at first reading, I certainly did not take the slightest offense to Virtue's referring to me as "Lord of the manor" or as anything but fun jocular and horsing around, which I kinda enjoy.  Not only was it fun and harmless, but I recall that Virtue's postings of questions were always good ones that furthered the discussion of better FP Qigong practice. 

So if you'll want to have a contest blogsite-wide to come up with new jocular monikers for me, each time I answer a post, knock yourselves out!!!

Sifu Terry

P.S.  btw, Virtue, FYI, I am NOT actually "the great 'Zen-Bear'"--even though I picked  that as my screenname when i was asked to join this thread in 2009 by "Fu_doggy."  Remember what Alfred J. Korzypski taught all sane people to maintain their sanity:  "WORDS ARE NOT THINGS; ONLY THE THING IS THE THING."   The name "Zen-Bear" was there, as I created it in 1991,  but the actual personage by the name of Zen-Bear has yet to enter into our culture or zeitgeist and therefore has not begun to transform consciousness to any significant--or even the slightest-- extent.   But if you want to see the actual Zen-Bear v1.0, v2.0 , v3.0 and v.4.0 , you can find each one at various points along this Timeline Exhibit that I created around 2013 and updated in 2016.  But Zen-Bear v?.0 will finally make a full-fleshed entrance onto the earth plane, possibly later this year.  Definitely by next year.  So in the meantime and for all time,  you and all Daobums doing FP Qigong,  may refer to me as the "Progenitor of the great Zen-Bear."   Here is the proof of Zen-Bear's, the original Kung Fu Panda's, pedigree:

http://www.kungfupandalawsuit.com/Timeline_Hotspots_New.html

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

terencedunn.substack.com

• Thanks 1

I was wondering if it is OK to do the standing like a tree meditation before or after the flying phoenix meditations. They seem compatible to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, the fool said:

I was wondering if it is OK to do the standing like a tree meditation before or after the flying phoenix meditations. They seem compatible to me.

Yes--I have done both Zhan Zhuang and Flying Phoenix one after the other, and they are a good complement. 

Just make sure your Zhan Zhuang is taught to you properly and your understanding is good, otherwise, Flying Phoenix will be there to help heal any potential injuries you get from standing improperly. 

• Like 2

Note to all FP practitioners:

Just a reminder that MSW#3 on Vol.2--the seated Meditation 90 80 50 20, aa the "Waker Upper"--should NOT be done at night time--especially by beginners--if they intend to go to sleep at their usual, regular time.  It is best done by everyone in the morning for an alert and productive.  Otherwise, they will be in for a rude insomnia.

Last night, during class #7 of the 11-week FP Qigong elective course (EL-258) that I teach for Emperor's College of TCM, I developed this agenda on the fly and taught it:

1.  Warm-ups:  toe-circling walk
2.  Bending the Bows 9x very slowly
3.  Wind Above the Clouds (2 rounds)
4.  instruction for the first time in "Wind Through Treetops":   2 demo "dry runs" and then two rounds with the breath formula (80 50 30)
5.  5 min. break
6.  MSW #3 (90 80 50 20) - "The Waker-Upper" - one set of 7 rounds.
7.  Monk Gazing At Moon - 8 min.
8.  Monk Holding Peach - 10 min.
9.  MSW #2  (50 40 30 10) - one set of 7 rounds to ensure restful sleep and avoid insomnia caused by #6 above.

Good practicing.

Sifu Terry

terencedunn.substack.com

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Hi, for the sleeper meditation at the end of a repetition you bring the palms back together to sky meditation pose then you open them and bring them back to your knees... if your doing more than one repetition do you still bring them to your knees? Im guessing that is a yes but i just want to make sure.

Also i saw there is another addition to the meditation which is at the near end of a repetition.

A Nuanced Teaching for "the Sleeper" Meditation

A nuanced teaching for the Sleeper (50, 20, 10) meditation so as to encourage all serious FP practitioners:

A) This meditation starts with the palms in front of the heart.

B ) When one brings the palms up the centerline with back of the hands touching and turn the palms clasped in "prayer" position, you actually bring the fingertips up to the third eye (brow chakra) for a split second, and then slowly lower the palms back down to the heart level.

I will have to try this.

Edited by BluePhoenix133
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

Hi, for the sleeper meditation at the end of a repetition you bring the palms back together to sky meditation pose then you open them and bring them back to your knees... if your doing more than one repetition do you still bring them to your knees? Im guessing that is a yes but i just want to make sure

Yep!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:37 AM, Astral_butterfly said:

FPCK resulting meditative state is my elixir and I use it preciously. My cat recently went missing and I sought help in my meditative state. I was promised his return with certain details and it happened exactly as in my vision within the FPCK meditation. For nearly 3 weeks of him going missing I was serene thanks to this. I know exactly when the meditative state is upon me and I mostly just chill but sometimes I use it like with my cat.

Edit: I feel the chi bubbling like a small spa in my LDT when it is activated. Sometimes I get this outside of the meditation too.

HI ASTRAL B. (ADHI),

Sorry to take 7 months to read your posting and to finally reply.

Wonderful that your FP Qigong practice facilitates deep meditative states in which you can extend your consciousness far beyond the limits or boundaries imposed by the consensus reality.

"SPA" CONGRATULATIONS!   Your experience of "chi bubbling like a small spa in my LDT" is a sign proper cultivation in Qigong--both in Tao Tan Pai Qigong and Flying Phoenix Qigong. I experienced the "full bubbly spa" in the early 1980's when I was practicing only Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung and Yang Tai Chi Chuan.  So I knew then  that it was due to the TTP pracice.   And yes, the warm roiling action of chi in the "cauldron" of the tan tien can also occur spontaneously when you're not practicing the Qigong.

Keep up the good practice.  See you in Zoom class soon.

Sifu Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, zen-bear said:

HI ASTRAL B. (ADHI),

Sorry to take 7 months to read your posting and to finally reply.

Wonderful that your FP Qigong practice facilitates deep meditative states in which you can extend your consciousness far beyond the limits or boundaries imposed by the consensus reality.

"SPA" CONGRATULATIONS!   Your experience of "chi bubbling like a small spa in my LDT" is a sign proper cultivation in Qigong--both in Tao Tan Pai Qigong and Flying Phoenix Qigong. I experienced the "full bubbly spa" in the early 1980's when I was practicing only Tao Tan Pai Nei Kung and Yang Tai Chi Chuan.  So I knew then  that it was due to the TTP pracice.   And yes, the warm roiling action of chi in the "cauldron" of the tan tien can also occur spontaneously when you're not practicing the Qigong.

Keep up the good practice.  See you in Zoom class soon.

Sifu Terry

Dear Sifu Terry

Thank you so much  you made my day!

There are two things I wish to add to what I have written in this thread.

Some may recall I mentioned a presence once. I was very perplexed and asked others here who it could be. It has been a long time since I wanted to say, the presence is me. A higher, wiser, better version of me, who loves me unconditionally and never leaves my side. The one who helps me make the right decisions and helps me through bad times. This is an extremely loving being, different from the conscious me I feel in every day life.

I have always had a theory that bad/unhealthy energy is disorganised and light relects poorly from it so we (who can see these things) see it as dark. My take is that FPCK gets in between our atoms and reorganises them. The blue is a réflection of the pattern it creates. It is not an entity, it is a configuration/ blueprint. And we create that blueprint with the breathing. We transform our inhaled energy like a dj transforms sound waves. 

I wish to add I have been doing almost nothing but Monk Holds Pearl in supine.

But I wish to try out the two rejuvenating meds of volume 7. I know I should pass by volume two, which I have barely touched, but I am tempted to try regardless. I may in one week combine two from volume one and two from volume two, then alternate with the two from volume one and seven respectively the other days.

Thank you once more Sifu for this system, for sharing it with us. It is indescribably beautiful to me.

All my best 

Astral B 

• Like 3

I'm posting two links to threads from Alchemical Garden about my experience with healing my covid19 case, especially with respect to the role of Flying Phoenix. 

Here they are if you want to see them directly, but I am also copying the Flying Phoenix post because of its relevance here. 

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/157/

https://forum.alchemical.garden/threads/158/

I am expanding specifically my overall experiences with using the internal arts to heal my covid19 infection that I had earlier written about in this thread. As I have already made general findings in my experiences, the focus here is on my Flying Phoenix routine and a recap of what I discovered with how Flying Phoenix qi treats the disease.

To start with, Flying Phoenix qi, as we know, is intelligent--I've found that it is not only alive, but has a healing spirit with a consciousness of its own. The bliss states students have mentioned before are not imagined, they are very real since this qi attacks all diseases, including those of the mind, which is why those who are repelled by the practice are evil, since only the truly good can continue to practice Flying Phoenix and reap the fruits that it bears.

A caveat is that for several months, I had taken a pause from Flying Phoenix due to an intense year of developing internal power through my Xin Yi practice. While I remained healthy through Xin Yi and especially daily Zhan Zhuang, the big difference with normal practices like Baduanjin and Zhan Zhuang compared to Flying Phoenix is that the celestial qi and spiritual growth is much, much, much different. My Xin Yi exercises and Zhan Zhuang helped me with natural growth of my own innate spiritual self and good health and longevity, whereas Flying Phoenix goes beyond what is natural, especially since it does not follow any Traditional Chinese Medicine framework.

As a result of not practicing Flying Phoenix, I had depleted my reserves greatly, and so I was vulnerable to infections that are beyond natural bodily defenses derived from Daoist longevity practice. I had practiced here and there throughout the several months I stopped, but not enough to maintain superior health and protect the mind and body against incursions of disease. This was a golden opportunity to test the effects of Flying Phoenix.

Around the second or third day, I could only do supine Monk Holding Pearl, and managed to get 15-20 minutes in at a time, multiple times through the day. I couldn't do much as I was too tired and needed to rest, sleeping many, many hours of the day and night. Around the fifth day, I managed to do three MSW meditations, the MSW long form that Sifu Terry teaches and is not available on the DVDs, 18 repetitions of Bending the Bow, Moonbeam Splashes on the Water, and the long form, which supercharged a lot of my healing. This left me so tired that on Day Six, I couldn't do any practice and simply slept in again.

By the seventh day, I began doing three MSW meditations and the MSW long form, then Bending the Bow for 18 reps, Moonbeam, and long form, and felt my mind returning to its Buddha Nature. Around the ninth day, I began my mornings with several standing meditations, usually Mong Gazing at Moon, Wind Above the Clouds, and Wind Through the Treetops, then some flash meditations, and finally, Monk Holding Peach. Afterwards, I would do 3 MSW meditations and the MSW long form, then take a nap, wake up, do supine Monk Holding Pearl for around 20 minutes or more, get up, do 18 repetitions of Bending the Bow, Moonbeam, and finally, long form.

During the times I would practice, I would see my cats and dogs begin gathering around me and watching me in my room, coming from the balcony or the living room to watch or just sit near me. Normally, the only way to gather the five of them is to bring out the snacks, but it seemed like they were there to make sure I was okay and possibly take some of the healing qi that the Flying Phoenix was generating in the vicinity.

The more I practice, the more I find myself in communion with the spirit of the Flying Phoenix, and it is reminding me of several things: it is to help us remember our Buddha Nature, and it is here to liberate us from suffering in the form of disease and illness. The Flying Phoenix qi and the spirit behind it hates the coronavirus because it is unnatural, it is an aberration to nature. And so when healing, the Flying Phoenix qi directly targets diseases compared to other forms of qigong that I practice, but with the coronavirus, the Flying Phoenix qi seeks to exterminate the coronavirus with extreme prejudice. It is as though the level of disgust for the coronavirus is so high that this is the closest to hatred that an enlightened entity can feel that compels it to destroy the coronavirus because of the great suffering the disease causes.

As part of the healing of the mind and spirit, the specifics of the Flying Phoenix meditations that I have been practicing are all important for healing from covid19. You must do all seated practices from volume 2 and volume 7, and each MSW and basic seated meditation targets different lobes of the brain, which is crucial to protecting your cognitive functions and preventing damage that covid19 can cause. It will also heal those parts of the brain too, so cycle through at least 3-4 MSW daily to protect your mind and brain. I have also noticed a gentle buzz that goes around my tongue, my respiratory system and especially around my sinuses to help me recover my sense of smell and taste.

Always strive to do Monk Gazing at Moon, Monk Holding Peach, and Monk Holding Pearl for an equal amount of time due to the importance of balancing static meditation with the dynamic movements, and because those three static standing meditations energize the three dantians and balance them.

When you have done at least 3 seated and 3 standing meditations, this should be your absolute minimum for practice, but try to do more again later if not all at once. Since I did at least 3 standing and then 3 seated, I would either go immediately to the next three mandatory meditations that must be done exactly as described: 18 repetitions of Bending the Bow, Moonbeam Splashes on the Water, and long form, because it will spread the qi throughout the body and relax it so that you have perfect harmony and relaxation necessary to reap the benefits of Moonbeam and long form together. When you cultivate a lot of qi beforehand with three other seated and standing meditations plus all three static standing meditations, you are already carrying a reserve of qi, which, when distributed evenly throughout the body with Bending the Bow 18x, will align you greatly with the spirit of the Flying Phoenix.

So in short: 1) start your day with any three or more standing meditations, ideally at least one or two of them must be 10 minutes of static practices like Monk Gazing at Moon and Monk Holding Peach, 2) do three seated Monk Serves Wine meditations, and ideally, add the long form MSW that you may learn from Sifu Terry 3) you may take a break or continue, 4) lie down and do Monk Holding Pearl for at least 20 minutes or more, 5) conclude with 18 repetitions of Bending the Bow, and one set each of Moonbeam Splashes on the Water and the long form. For extra help, go to sleep by doing these seated meditations: 50 40 30 10 from volume 2, and 50 20 10 from volume 7.

You will not only heal yourself, but animals, humans, and spirits in your vicinity will have indirect benefits from your practice, because you are not succumbing to the suffering that the disease brings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I am guessing that if anyone followed these excellent sounding suggestions they might not have time to do anything else during their waking hours. May I ask how much time it took in total to do all of these routines? 

And may I ask how you know that the qi from FP directly works on brain lobes? I am not disputing that claim, I am just very curious how this  can be determined without using a PET scan?

If medical science was interested in real integrative medicine then they would invest in using their equipment to perform experiments on people who claim to have been healed from qigong. 

Since I healed the worse virus that I ever had in my life in 2013 by using qigong and the virus was gone over night because of that, I have no doubt that Johnny has healed his Covid virus via Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. But I think qigong will not make significant inroads into mainstream society without scientific proof. The average person only trusts the medical profession when it comes to their health. That is why in America we now have an emergency outpatient treatment center in every strip mall and a drug store at most intersections in every city. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tao stillness said:

I am guessing that if anyone followed these excellent sounding suggestions they might not have time to do anything else during their waking hours. May I ask how much time it took in total to do all of these routines? 

And may I ask how you know that the qi from FP directly works on brain lobes? I am not disputing that claim, I am just very curious how this  can be determined without using a PET scan?

If medical science was interested in real integrative medicine then they would invest in using their equipment to perform experiments on people who claim to have been healed from qigong. 

Since I healed the worse virus that I ever had in my life in 2013 by using qigong and the virus was gone over night because of that, I have no doubt that Johnny has healed his Covid virus via Flying Phoenix Chi Kung. But I think qigong will not make significant inroads into mainstream society without scientific proof. The average person only trusts the medical profession when it comes to their health. That is why in America we now have an emergency outpatient treatment center in every strip mall and a drug store at most intersections in every city. 

I spent about 1-2 hours a day doing this because I want to heal myself faster. Covid19 is very debilitating.

As for the lobes, somewhere in this thread Sifu Terry mentions the sleeper and waker upper MSW meditations go for the front and back lobes respectively.

I wasn’t able to do all the meditations every day because some days I’m so tired that I can barely get an hour of it with the MSW meditations and a few short standing practices. Today for example was just the flash meditations, basic seated meditation 3 (50-10-50), and MSW long form. I got knocked out and slept most of today, but this is because adequate sleep is necessary for FP to be most effective, and so I would have to say that my need for more sleep is because of FP determining that more rest on top of my evening cycle will better absorb the qi.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I spent about 1-2 hours a day doing this because I want to heal myself faster. Covid19 is very debilitating.

As for the lobes, somewhere in this thread Sifu Terry mentions the sleeper and waker upper MSW meditations go for the front and back lobes respectively.

I wasn’t able to do all the meditations every day because some days I’m so tired that I can barely get an hour of it with the MSW meditations and a few short standing practices. Today for example was just the flash meditations, basic seated meditation 3 (50-10-50), and MSW long form. I got knocked out and slept most of today, but this is because adequate sleep is necessary for FP to be most effective, and so I would have to say that my need for more sleep is because of FP determining that more rest on top of my evening cycle will better absorb the qi.

Thanks for the reply! Wow, 1-2 hours a day of qigong is not hard to do at all. I was thinking that it was taking you several hours a day to do Flying Phoenix. Your post is making me think that it might be worthwhile for me to go back to doing a significant amount of FP. You have laid out a good sounding routine. I cannot learn the long form, it is too much for me to memorize at my advanced age, and I don't have the MSW long form, but I can do the rest of the regime that you posted. Very glad to hear you are healing. If Sifu Terry says that the brain lobes are effected by FP, that is good enough for me because that kind of claim would come from his direct experience of feeling exactly where the Qi is going in his body. 

• Like 2

Update:

I'm following up based on some suggestions from Sifu Terry.

Firstly, the above regimen at the end takes me an average of 1-2 hours a day. Usually it's not more than 75-90 minutes in one go, but often I will split up my practice and do more, because there's no penalty for doing more Flying Phoenix and generating reserves. So I go beyond the minimum requirement if I feel like it later in the day to continue the bliss state and physical healing.

I also want to clarify what I mean by Buddha Nature: all beings have this inherent quality within us. Do you like generosity? Do you like love, understanding, patience, compassion, acceptance, kindness, and forgiveness? Well guess what: those are not unique to Buddhas, saints, or sages. Yes, they are very much qualities that we admire those accomplished beings for having, and what they teach us is that we all can achieve those qualities and bring them to the forefront. Why do we admire them? Because Buddha Nature is something we understand as something beautiful and natural; we like it when someone treats us with those qualities and respect someone for having those characteristics, and the reason it resonates with us is because we have it in us and all just need proper guidance and tools to bring it out to the front. Practicing the Flying Phoenix art also brings forth a lot of catharsis for me and a lot of pent-up anger, hurt, pain, and frustration, especially from years of abuse and neglect that indicate my many unmet needs since I was a child. Stirring the pot and bringing this up makes me aware of it, but it also gradually fades away as I am able to feel that physical healing that eventually allows me to relax and release the physical, emotional, and mental tension from the body.

Flying Phoenix qi heals the body first and foremost, which is necessary because this is what covid19 attacks first. As the body becomes weaker, the mind and spirit are tested, and for many people lacking these spiritual technologies, they break easily. As they break their minds and spirits, it allows the physical disease to take stronger effect. This is the wonder of the Flying Phoenix art: it heals the body, disintegrates the disease, and also soothes the mind and spirit.

In hindsight, as two individuals have pointed out to me, one a very wise friend and the other Sifu Terry, the spirit of the Flying Phoenix is incapable of "hate" or "exterminating the coronavirus with extreme prejudice". This is a result of the passions ignited as the healing brings back lost vitality and will to live, and I've improperly phrased this characterization of the Flying Phoenix when working with it to heal me. Hatred is the most destructive base emotion, and this is not what the Flying Phoenix qi has, it is probably more accurate to characterize it as a righteous, nurturing love and fiercely protective force, like a mother lioness protecting her young. And what more is it very protective of? The coronavirus is unnatural, unnatural, unnatural.

It is now day 14. Today, I have done Monk Gazing at Moon, Wind Above the Clouds, Monk Holding Peach, Wind Above the Treetops, Basic Meditation 1 (5 60 80 40 30), MSW long form, AMSW 2 (80 70 50 30), 3 (70 50 20 1), and 4 (60 70 40 5) from volume 7, Monk Holding Pearl, Bending the Bow 18x, Moonbeam Splashes on the Water, and the long form. This took about 105 minutes, just under two hours.

There is a progressive feeling of life being pumped back into me even if practicing this much tires me out. I do this, I feel like napping midway, if I fall asleep, I continue, but today, I didn't nap, I just did it all continuously and felt more energized the more I practiced. By the time I finished the long form, I was awake for another hour, then took a nap for an hour. The weakness is less after a FP nap, and the fatigue is less debilitating. It's reminiscent of when I was a child and used to drink hot chocolate and marshmallows in front of a fire place during the winter and fall asleep cuddling my dog.

• Like 2

I have been away for  long time.   No good reaso, although the covid-19 contributed..   During that time I did a good bit of yi jin jing,  Shaolin Temple.  I also did the ba duan chin almost daily sometimes more than one style.  And I continued to teach a small class of tai ji in our very rural community of Cascabel,  AZ.  Actually the political situation contributed to a good deal of progress in my practice.  Every time some disturbing development occurred I would do a meditation /  qi gong form or taiji.  the meditative nature of this practice increased for me during the crises.   Limiting the number of types of qi gong has had the effect that monkey mind has receded.  I do catch it also so when I do recognise it I let it go. 

I am writing now because I have begun a gong of (I hope) 108 days every day The Long Form.  Today i completed 23 days of that practice.  I review the long form on youtube in addition to make sure I am being relatively faithful to the one Sifu Dunn teaches.  (there is at least one other example.)   In the past i often reached 35 min per route and occasionally 39!   Today I did 25 min and that is basically what i am doing every day.

At 80 yo approaching  3^4  heh heh,  I am aging gracefully compared to my peers.   I still do a certain amount of cow herding for our ranching coop,  though I am retired mostly.. 

Well, the principal reason for writing was to acknowledge the gift that Sifu Dunn has contributed to my senior years.   And to encourage members of this forum to keep up their Flying Phoenix practice It really does pay off in physical and in spiritual health.

Hoa Binh

peace is the way

• Like 10

Making noise during practice, when i practice i feel the need/automatically start to make a grumbling noise and it seems the chi is stronger when i do... thing is if i want to practice with people i dont really want to be doing that kinda embarrassing :D.

Also laugh i little sometimes, so is this an indication i have some kind of damage or channel open which is making me do this, is this a problem?

On 8/31/2021 at 8:31 PM, ridingtheox said:

I have been away for  long time.   No good reaso, although the covid-19 contributed..   During that time I did a good bit of yi jin jing,  Shaolin Temple.  I also did the ba duan chin almost daily sometimes more than one style.  And I continued to teach a small class of tai ji in our very rural community of Cascabel,  AZ.  Actually the political situation contributed to a good deal of progress in my practice.  Every time some disturbing development occurred I would do a meditation /  qi gong form or taiji.  the meditative nature of this practice increased for me during the crises.   Limiting the number of types of qi gong has had the effect that monkey mind has receded.  I do catch it also so when I do recognise it I let it go. 

I am writing now because I have begun a gong of (I hope) 108 days every day The Long Form.  Today i completed 23 days of that practice.  I review the long form on youtube in addition to make sure I am being relatively faithful to the one Sifu Dunn teaches.  (there is at least one other example.)   In the past i often reached 35 min per route and occasionally 39!   Today I did 25 min and that is basically what i am doing every day.

At 80 yo approaching  3^4  heh heh,  I am aging gracefully compared to my peers.   I still do a certain amount of cow herding for our ranching coop,  though I am retired mostly.. 

Well, the principal reason for writing was to acknowledge the gift that Sifu Dunn has contributed to my senior years.   And to encourage members of this forum to keep up their Flying Phoenix practice It really does pay off in physical and in spiritual health.

Hoa Binh

peace is the way

Dear Charlie,

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well and have been keeping holistically fit with a variety of practices that you've  begun another gung of (you hope) 108 days of doing the Flying Phoenix Long Form Meditation.  I remember back around 2011 when you discovered FP Qigong and first starting posting to this thread.  You shared that you had retired to ranching in northeast Arizona and I recall that because of your extensive background in Tai Chi, you went straight to teaching yourself the  Long Form standing meditation using Volume 4 of the DVD series...  and that doing the Long Form twice a day was all that you needed to fuel your day-to-day ranching activities.  Your enthusiasm and compelling reports of the initial fruits of your FP Qigong practice were most gratifying for me to hear as a teacher and very inspiring of others, who would delve into the FP Qigong system at least as far as the Volume 4 Long Form meditation, which is the capstone exercise of the Flying Phoenix system.  Your early testimonial was one of several that at that time caused this thread to take off in terms of interesting and high quality contributions, and caused, I believe, hundreds--if not thousands-- of people to explore the Flying Phoenix.  Likewise, I believe that  your present encouragement of FPCK subscribers to keep up their Flying Phoenix practice will be well heeded!

I wish I was back in SoCal so that you could visit my classes when you were in the region as in the past, but I will continue to teach in New England due to new opportunities opening up here for me--after long efforts-- to get FP Qigong (and also Tao Tan Pai Qigong) researched and studied by hard science.  More on these developments later as this research gets established. 

Meanwhile, I continue to teach Flying Phoenix Qigong in a weekly 2-hour Zoom class on Sundays from 4pm-6pm EST, which I started in March 2020 at the start of the first pandemic lockdown.  This class combines a 30-min. practice of the Tao Tan Pai Short Form Power Yoga (5 qigong exercises) as a foundational catalyst (and warmup) that enhances and prolongs the healing and rejuvenating effects of the following 90 minutes of FP Qigong.  The powerful synergies have been attested to by all practitioners who've taken the course.  More details and sign-on info for this class (and for my 2 other classes and upcoming 3-day workshops) is on my Newsletter:   terencedunn.substack.com

Peace is indeed the way.

All the best.

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Greetings Flying Phoenix Qigong practitioners and enthusiasts,

This was the order of practice of last Wednesday night's Intermediate Qigong & Kung fu Class, livingstreaming from 6pm EST, which ran 2 hours and 40 minutes

(with Flying Phoenix  form corrections for each individual participant):

1.  Tao Tan Pai Cane Form -- 3 rounds

2.  Tao Tan Pai Short Form Power Yoga (5 parts)

3.   Instruction in Yang style Tai Chi broadsword form -- 70 min. 

4.  Moonbeam Splashes on Water -- 2 rounds 

5.  "Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation"  (Long Form standing meditation, Vol.4) -- 2 rounds

6.  Advanced Flying Phoenix Qigong -- Meditations  #1, #2, and #3.

Prerequisite for this class is proficiency in the (memorized) practice of all the first 7 FP Qigong  standing meditations (as presented on Volumes 1 and 3 of the Chi Kung For Health DVD series and all of  the 6 seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations as taught on the Volume 2 DVD.  

Course content and registration info. for this class is on my Newsletter,   terencedunn.substack.com     

mitakuye oyasin                                                                                                                                                                            ("Lakota prayer that means "To all my relations" or "All are related" or "Help and health to all my brothers and sisters") 

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello again to all Flying Phoenix Qigong practitioners:

Next Friday through Sunday, October 1 through 3,  I will be teaching my first 3-day FP Qigong workshop since October of 2019.  This first workshop of 2021 will be on Flying Phoenix Qigong and will cover all the FP meditations on Volumes 1 through 7 of the Chi Kung For Health DVD series.

Zoom participation:

Although the vast majority of FPCK subscribers live outside of New England--and the U.S., for that matter, I want you all to be aware of this workshop because all eight of its 2-hour sessions can be accessed via Zoom at the lowest tuition ever.   This workshop will be an excellent opportunity to give yourself the immersive experience of FP Qigong practice--6 hours on Friday, 6 hours on Saturday and 4 hours of training on Sunday.  All joining us via Zoom can ask all the questions they want to ask about FP Qigong training, plus all participants will receive feedback on their Qigong form throughout the workshop by yours truly.

As participants in my 3 weekly Zoom classes (FP Qigong, Tao Tan Pai Basic 31 Meditations,  and Yang Tai Chi Chuan) since Feb. 2020 know, the normal class fees for a single 2-hour class is $40; an 8-class series costs $280; the  16-class series is $500.  But for this coming weekend's workshop, as indicated below in purple text, the entire training of 8 two-hour sessions can be taken for $210, or any individual class can be accessed for $30. 

Below is the information pasted from my Newsletter,  terencedunn.substack.com

I hope to see many of you there online next Friday.  If you questions about the workshop training, feel free to post questions here.   

mitakuye oyasin

("Lakota prayer that means "To all my relations" or "All are related" or "Help and health to all my brothers and sisters") 

Sifu Terry Dunn

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A.   OCT. 1 - 3: FLYING PHOENIX HEALING QIGONG

(“Fei Feng San Gung”) is a rare and powerful medical Qigong system that was created more than 400 years ago by renowned Taost monk Feng Dao Deh of Ehrmeishan that normally imparts tangibly energizing and rejuvenating effects and deep meditative states of consciousness with remarkable swiftness--within 40 to 60 minutes of practice.  In this workshop, you will learn 80% of this authentic Taoist monastic system of hygienics –comprised of 8 standing and 24 seated, stationary and moving meditations that imparts a wide range of salient health benefits: improved respiration, circulation, metabolism, neuro-muscular function, balance, flexibility; higher energy levels, increased bone strength, stronger immunity, and the allostatic reversal of many signs of aging. (Time limitation of a weekend workshop permits only 7 of the 8 Standing meditations and only 8 or 9 of the 24 “Monk Serves Wine” seated meditations to be taught.)

Flying Phoenix Qigong imparts its remarkable health benefits through a yogic mechanism that brings all the organ functions of the body under the regulation of the subconscious mind. In each Flying Phoenix Meditation, this super-regulating process and energy cultivation is brought on by (A) an easy-to-do breath-control formula followed by (B) a meditation in repose or a serene moving meditation using repetitive natural movements that are done three times slower than typical Tai Chi form speed. The esoteric breathing formula that precedes each Flying Phoenix meditation ignites a specific flow of Qi in the body; the concomitant posture and movements circulate this Qi through specific orbs of the body. A unique feature of this yogic mechanism is that it requires no visualization whatsoever. Flying Phoenix Qigong is easier to learn and practice than Tai Chi and its health benefits are tangible, visible, profound, and more immediate.  Practitioners have found that the most remarkable quality of Flying Phoenix Qigong is that it s allostatic (restorative) effects continue long after one’s practice has ceased.

"Flying Phoenix Qigong practice significantly elevates parasympathetic tone.  90 minutes of practice of this Qigong is restorative in real time and over time afterwards."                                                           --– Yetsa A. Tuakli-Wosornu, M.D., M.P.H., IOC Dip. Sp. Med.  Assistant Clinical Professor, Yale School of Public  Health Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Workshop schedule:   

This weekend workshop consists of 8 two-hour sessions with 3 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday at these times:

Friday:  11am - 1pm; 3pm - 5pm; 7pm - 9pm

Saturday:  10am - noon; 3pm - 5pm; 7pm - 9pm

Sunday:  10am - noon; 2pm - 4pm

Tuition:

$295 early registration

$330    day of workshop

$45      for each of the eight 2-hour sessions ($40 / session prepaid) 

** Zoom participation:  $30 per 2-hour session or $210 / all 8 sessions

Please send payment via Paypal (to [email protected]) or via Zelle (to [email protected]) •

Rooms:  

There are only 3 rentable rooms at Tao Retreat:

One room with bathroom:  $350 / day

Two rooms with a shared. bathroom:  $248 / day

Ten floor beds in the main tea house / event hall:  $60 / night

[Room or floor bed rent includes each day’s meals]

•• However, there are plenty of comfortable bed & breakfast inns and resorts in and around the town of Catskill. For example, Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort:   https://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/resorts-lodging/wolffs-maple-breeze-resort

Meals:

2  excellent meals plus one smoothie or light soup before sleep.

• Meals are included with room or floor bed rentals   • Meal plan for non-residents:   $50 per day.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

TO MAKE ROOM AND/OR MEAL PLAN RESERVATIONS, - PLEASE CONTACT Yurong 豫容 Julia Li 李 at: [email protected] 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

BTW, the chef at Tao Retreat cooks authentic  Xichuan cuisine that I consider the best I've had in America (and I've had a lot of great Chinese food in my lifetime).  No exaggeration.  Imho, the food alone is worth going to Tao Retreat!  :0)

And for those not partial to excellent Chinese food, there are many restaurants nearby, ranging from nice Italian and seafood restaurants to fast food.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"The vitalities of heaven and earth, of sun and moon, are inherent in our bodies. If consciousness and reality do not stray, creation is always in the palm of your hand."
                                       ---Chang Po-Tuan, The Inner Teachings of Taoism

Long term Flying Phoenix practice activates man’s latent healing potential and cultivates a tangible superabundance—a reserve—in the body of the distinctive Flying Phoenix Healing Qi (Energy) that has extraordinary healing properties and behavior unlike the energy generated by any other form of Yoga.  In the course of providing a wide range of splendid health benefits, Flying Phoenix Qigong’s yogic methodology integrates mind and body so swiftly and deeply that it develops a high degree of structural sensitivity that imbues the practitioner with access to deeper levels of jhanic absorption (i.e., supramundane consciousness often described as “At-One-ment” and what in Hinduism yoga practitioners call “Samadhi”, as described in Patanjali’s ancient ashtanga yoga texts). This access to samadhic states provided by Flying Phoenix Qigong naturally carries over and can enhance other methods of meditation.

In 1997, after a workshop I gave in St. Paul, MN, Prof. Fred Underwood, who had recently retired as chairman of Indo-Tibetan Studies in the Department of Religion at Columbia University and an expert in meditation and yogas, commented that Flying Phoenix Qigong imparts the “physiological or kinetic component of bliss or enlightenment,” and that the Flying Phoenix Qigong experience gave him understanding of what the early Buddhist scriptures mean by “touching Nirvana with your body.”

Scenes from past FP qigong workshop sessions:

A.  "Bending the Bows" – a cornerstone basic moving meditation in the Flying Phoenix Qigong system:      

B.  Monk Gazing At the Moon – the keystone meditation of the FP Qigong system:  

https://www.facebook.com/terence.dunn/videos/10217924053044659

C.   Monk Holding Peach--an extremely easy to do FP Qigong meditation that opens all the energy channels of the body after 10 minutes of practice.

https://www.facebook.com/236579434951/videos/907977532737639
https://www.facebook.com/236579434951/videos/303496763708076

D.   And Advanced "Monk Serves Wine" seated meditation (not taught in the CKFH DVD series):
https://www.facebook.com/terence.dunn/videos/10217921403938433

E.   An advanced Flying Phoenix Qigong meditation, taught after the Long Form capstone meditation has been well established:

F.   A moving meditation from the extremely rare and powerful "10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven" Qigong system, consisting of 54 exercises, organized in 3 sets of 18 meditations.  Unlike Flying Phoenix Qigong, the energy cultivated in this meditation is not a purely healing energy, but one that can also empower martial arts:

https://www.facebook.com/terence.dunn/videos/10217924083405418

•••Subscribe to Sifu Terry Dunn's free monthly Newsletter to stay abreast of all future workshops in FP Qigong, Tao Tan Pai, Neigung, and Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan (in the lineage of Prof. Cheng Man-ching and William C.C. Chen):   terencedunn.substack.com

Art by Hilma af Klint

265156dc-4ba0-4261-a8ae-3d78728c1278_554

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

just checking in  ... i am now at day 60 of my gong  FPCH long form.   I have had one close call to missing,  and indeed did a rather 'quick' set.   The form  has made much progress of me  lol.   I continue to do 25 min sets,  Recently,  several 26 and 27 min. 

The quiet / silent portion of the form gradually has increased,   Some days are quieter than others,  but overall silence grows as does my balance.   Since beginning this form 10 years ago,  I have had some issues with the last movements which require standing on one foot/leg,   I still do.  

I will keep this short,  but  encourage all who participate here to  follow the dao as expressed in  FPCH.  Thanks again to sifu.

peace my friends on the Way

ridingtheox

• Like 4

Question.

I'm now currently doing standing meditations in the morning and seated meditations in the evening. I am drifting towards a 10-minute static meditation followed by 20-minute moving meditation. On the first DVD there are three static standing meditations which I'm going to cycle through over the course of three days. On the second DVD there is only one static seated meditation. Now I know that the standing static meditations can be performed either seated or while lying down. My question is, is the initial breathing sequence the same for the static meditations regardless of whether you're stood, sat or lying down?

Edited by Miffymog

36 minutes ago, Miffymog said:

Now I know that the standing static meditations can be performed either seated or while lying down

Incorrect. Only Monk Holds Pearl, 50-40-30-20-10 can be done standing or supine. The rest can't be done seated or supine and only can be done standing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1