Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Some LHBF for you Si Hing...

Thanks, Si-hing Garry, for the clip of your powerful and nicely focussed opening to LHBF. The opening of your LHBF Form except for the very first movement is very similar to the Form that I've been (slowly, very slowly) learning from Master Chan Ching Kai in NYC since about 1998. The first version I learned from Dr. York Why Loo (as seen on my published DVD) has very different opening movements. LHBF is one of my favorite internal arts along with Yang Tai Chi, of course, besides the Bok Fu Pai system.

For the past week or so, I have been pondering similar thoughts and feelings (the ones written about in the article below), as I just turned another year older on Sat.
Interesting that I also just now found this article regarding (yoga) practice. (I am posting this mainly to 'bump' the thread again into some new interaction.)

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10821/why-im-not-interested-in-having-a-cool-yoga-practice.html

Edited by Healing Artist
  • Like 1

Hello FP practitioners:

I hope I've caught up with the thread and responded to every posting directed towards me. If not, please don't interpret my missing your post as anything personal...just post a new note and flag your original posting by number and I will get to it or send me PM identifying your post.

I'm in the 2nd day of a self-designed 4 day intensive weekend (which I may extend to 7 days) in which I am practicing 4 hours of neikung every morning and 4 to 5 hours of kung-fu and Tai Chi in the evenings (outside of teaching). And I want to share my recent observations about the power of the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung system in terms of its tangible activation of specific parts of the brain. I recently realized that my Flying Phoenix/Bok Fu Pai Chi Kung practice and overall meditative awareness gradually cultivated by 18 years of Tao Tan Pai Neikung practice and 11 years of Yang Tai Chi training (primarily under Master Abraham Liu from 1980-1992) prior to meeting GM Doo Wai has evolved to the point where I can speak precisely and accurately about the brain-activation effects of FP Chi Kung. This actually came about starting in mid-July when I suddenly experienced the high meditative effects of the Oneness Meditative movement of Sri Bhagavan just by reading a thread posting from Tao Stillness (Steve Mehl in Pennsylvania) in which he conveyed the words of Eric Isen, a deeksha in that tradition, who works as a medical clairvoyant (quite effectively, I might add) and who on that occasion remotely read the effects of some non-Flying Phoenix mediations in the Bok Fu Pai system. Steve’s post is #2318 on page 145; my response to him after I experienced the very uplifting Oneness Meditation's brain activation is post #2327 on page 146.

This morning was devoted to Qigong. I practiced the following over the span of 3 hours:

(1) 3/5 version of the Tao Tan Pai neikung known as Five Dragons (60 min.)

(2) The 22-movement seated FP Qigong that I have taught Fu_Dog,

(3) Two full sets of advanced seated meditations from Volume 7: 70 50 20 10 and 80 70 50 30 (40 min.)

(4) The Long Form Standing Meditation (on Volume 4 of series) done in 15 minutes time

(5) Two advanced standing Bok Fu Pai healing meditations, each done in sets of 18. (These are the most advanced healing meditations that GM Doo Wai ever taught (in my experience) but that GM Doo Wai did not label as part of the FP System. He just called them advanced healing meditations.) They cultivate a superabundance of FP Healing Energy and facilitates is spontaneous transfer in healing others. During one private practice session, GM Doo Wai commented that if practiced properly, these "healing" meditations will "punch through" a particular classmate's Iron Shirt that the GM had taught him.

(6) Sealed off with the Fourth and Eighth Sections of Eight Sections Combined (20 min.)

(7) Sealed off with one round of GM William Chen’s 60-part Yang Tai Chi Form.

Again, from reading Steve’s post #2318, I want to emphasize that as a wonderful side-effect of so many years of FP Qigong practice, I was able to experience the Oneness Meditation tradition’s energization of the brain—that is very different from the past brain-activated states experienced in my preceding 37 years of meditative practice. What I experienced was the very specific activation of the parietal lobes and top portion of the forebrain., which has the effect of causing one to lift one’s head a bit and stretch one’s back more vertically—“upright.” And the very odd thing was that each time that returned to look at the posting, I experienced the same brain activation to the same level of energy-intensity. It was a most pleasant and delightful revelatory experience of this yogic adage in action: “When you are ready, the knowledge will be made available to you.”

More details of this almost accidental “tapping in” to the high meditative state of Sri Bhagavan’s Oneness Meditation movement and other HSC’s (higher states of consciousness) will be discussed in my forthcoming book on FP Qigong. But I wanted to share this somewhat revelatory experience with you all in order to encourage you all to long term practice. FP Qigong is for life—and beyond.

All best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

Sifu Terry,

I decided to check the forum quickly before doing some FP and retiring for the night, and it's encouraging and uplifting to get a glimpse of where years of disciplined effort can take one. I remember, after trying Flying Phoenix for the very first time, having the distinct awareness that I'd truly come across a system that would bountifully reward me, based what effort I put in. This was after bumbling around with several incompetent teachings, feeling like I took a step back for every step forward, mainly from lofty and unfulfilled spiritual expectations. Reading your experiences, I am reminded of this gnosis we are blessed to have freely available - a clear path, a tangible outlet for earnest action. Thank you for your sincerity, openness, and readiness to share and help. Enjoy your retreat.

- David

• Like 1

Hello FP practitioners:

I hope I've caught up with the thread and responded to every posting directed towards me. If not, please don't interpret my missing your post as anything personal...just post a new note and flag your original posting by number and I will get to it or send me PM identifying your post.

I'm in the 2nd day of a self-designed 4 day intensive weekend (which I may extend to 7 days) in which I am practicing 4 hours of neikung every morning and 4 to 5 hours of kung-fu and Tai Chi in the evenings (outside of teaching). And I want to share my recent observations about the power of the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung system in terms of its tangible activation of specific parts of the brain. I recently realized that my Flying Phoenix/Bok Fu Pai Chi Kung practice and overall meditative awareness gradually cultivated by 18 years of Tao Tan Pai Neikung practice and 11 years of Yang Tai Chi training (primarily under Master Abraham Liu from 1980-1992) prior to meeting GM Doo Wai has evolved to the point where I can speak precisely and accurately about the brain-activation effects of FP Chi Kung. This actually came about starting in mid-July when I suddenly experienced the high meditative effects of the Oneness Meditative movement of Sri Bhagavan just by reading a thread posting from Tao Stillness (Steve Mehl in Pennsylvania) in which he conveyed the words of Eric Isen, a deeksha in that tradition, who works as a medical clairvoyant (quite effectively, I might add) and who on that occasion remotely read the effects of some non-Flying Phoenix mediations in the Bok Fu Pai system. Steve’s post is #2318 on page 145; my response to him after I experienced the very uplifting Oneness Meditation's brain activation is post #2327 on page 146.

This morning was devoted to Qigong. I practiced the following over the span of 3 hours:

(1) 3/5 version of the Tao Tan Pai neikung known as Five Dragons (60 min.)

(2) The 22-movement seated FP Qigong that I have taught Fu_Dog,

(3) Two full sets of advanced seated meditations from Volume 7: 70 50 20 10 and 80 70 50 30 (40 min.)

(4) The Long Form Standing Meditation (on Volume 4 of series) done in 15 minutes time

(5) Two advanced standing Bok Fu Pai healing meditations, each done in sets of 18. (These are the most advanced healing meditations that GM Doo Wai ever taught (in my experience) but that GM Doo Wai did not label as part of the FP System. He just called them advanced healing meditations.) They cultivate a superabundance of FP Healing Energy and facilitates is spontaneous transfer in healing others. During one private practice session, GM Doo Wai commented that if practiced properly, these "healing" meditations will "punch through" a particular classmate's Iron Shirt that the GM had taught him.

(6) Sealed off with the Fourth and Eighth Sections of Eight Sections Combined (20 min.)

(7) Sealed off with one round of GM William Chen’s 60-part Yang Tai Chi Form.

Again, from reading Steve’s post #2318, I want to emphasize that as a wonderful side-effect of so many years of FP Qigong practice, I was able to experience the Oneness Meditation tradition’s energization of the brain—that is very different from the past brain-activated states experienced in my preceding 37 years of meditative practice. What I experienced was the very specific activation of the parietal lobes and top portion of the forebrain., which has the effect of causing one to lift one’s head a bit and stretch one’s back more vertically—“upright.” And the very odd thing was that each time that returned to look at the posting, I experienced the same brain activation to the same level of energy-intensity. It was a most pleasant and delightful revelatory experience of this yogic adage in action: “When you are ready, the knowledge will be made available to you.”

More details of this almost accidental “tapping in” to the high meditative state of Sri Bhagavan’s Oneness Meditation movement and other HSC’s (higher states of consciousness) will be discussed in my forthcoming book on FP Qigong. But I wanted to share this somewhat revelatory experience with you all in order to encourage you all to long term practice. FP Qigong is for life—and beyond.

All best,

Sifu Terry

Very inspiring!

Does the book will be published soon?

• Like 1

Sifu Terry,

I decided to check the forum quickly before doing some FP and retiring for the night, and it's encouraging and uplifting to get a glimpse of where years of disciplined effort can take one. I remember, after trying Flying Phoenix for the very first time, having the distinct awareness that I'd truly come across a system that would bountifully reward me, based what effort I put in. This was after bumbling around with several incompetent teachings, feeling like I took a step back for every step forward, mainly from lofty and unfulfilled spiritual expectations. Reading your experiences, I am reminded of this gnosis we are blessed to have freely available - a clear path, a tangible outlet for earnest action. Thank you for your sincerity, openness, and readiness to share and help. Enjoy your retreat.

- David

Hello David,

I'm glad that you've intuited and are in the process of discovering that Flying Phoenix Qigong will yield bountiful rewards of self-healing, enhanced vitality, mental acuity, healing powers, and spiritual attunement. As a complete yogic art, its "rate of return" is so much higher and more efficient than many sets of exercises out there that has been labeled "Qigong"--especially so many of the "modern" qigong methods that are nothing more than calisthenics coordinated sometimes with breathing cycles that actually have a rate of return close to zero. --In that they just don't produce any healing of any kind--for starters. Simple as that. (In my forthcoming FP Qigong book, I recite some anecdotal comments made by GM Doo Wai about the quality of Qigong systems being taught in America that are similarly ruthlessly true.)

You are correct in describing Flying Phoenix Qigong practice as a Gnostic blessing--a clear and self-contained systematic process for physical and spiritual cultivation. Teaching FP Qigong is an utter joy for me because its healing and rejuvenating effects are so sublime and its alchemy is so sophisticated and yet easy to do. Thus to whatever extent that I can effectively share my experiences as examples of how much and how long one can benefit from the earnest practice of FP Qigong, I am glad to do so. And I have also recently begun giving private lessons and consultations on FP Qigong online via Skype...to very good effect.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

FP observations and insights. Breathing in and out of the dantien, moving the focus of awareness into the lower abdomen and accumulating energy there. FP and my own teaching Tai Chi after a long quiescent period 'chasing cows' in the real world. Recently I have reflected on inspiration and expiration, the respiration process. Which led to a new understanding of whole body breath. Meditation on the process of cellular respiration, oxygen being delivered to each cell in the body constantly, and carbon dioxide being moved from the cell into the blood to be delivered to the lungs for exchange also at the cellular level in alveolae. What a miracle and mystery this process is, It amazes me and brings me closer to clarity on the interconnectedness of all beings.

What a gift to apprehend and remain curious about the nature of life!

thanks

charlie

• Like 2

Is energy as we are culturally used to interpret it, the same as chi? In my experience the linguistic problem of what is chi can confuse people. Chi, and this is my experience is not the same as physical stamina or energy. Athletes can be in quite strong physical condition and strength and NOT have a well developed chi flow/storage.

Anecdote: my nephew was a young runner and in quite good energy stamina. I challenged him to stand Zhan Zhuang, several years later he told me he had tried to do what I suggested and found it extraordinarily difficult surprizingly 'tiring too.

My experience suggested another analogy: chi feels like a magnetic attraction or repulsion; it can be overcome by physcal muscle, but long term cultivation increases the effort that must be applied to overcome. My practice of FP continues to delight and amaze me. Currently, sitting forms send chills and waves over much of my back as well as the strong 'magnetic' signals. Several years ago I damaged a nerve in one finger while lifting hay bales by the baling strings. The nerve damage left a 'dead' spot. The FP has begun to restore that feeling, it tingles very strongly during practice, much more than other fingers.

Thirdly; the practice has very positive effect on longstanding anxieties. Endorphins are often cited by western medicine as reducing stress and anxiety. Years of bicycling certainly supports that point, but tai chi and FP practice have a much more significant impact for my experience. (I no longer live in a place that bicycling is a real option for me.) My experience thus consists of hi energy bicycling alone, a long period of both cycling and tai chi, and now a period of tai chi/chi kung only.

Chi is similar to energy, and can overcome illness, injury but is not what we in the west are used to thinking of as 'energy.' While it is still useful to use energy when talking about outcomes of practice, I think it is useful to understand that they are not identical.

so this is a rather long rant, hope it helps someone else to consider these ideas

peace

• Like 3

FP observations and insights. Breathing in and out of the dantien, moving the focus of awareness into the lower abdomen and accumulating energy there. FP and my own teaching Tai Chi after a long quiescent period 'chasing cows' in the real world. Recently I have reflected on inspiration and expiration, the respiration process. Which led to a new understanding of whole body breath. Meditation on the process of cellular respiration, oxygen being delivered to each cell in the body constantly, and carbon dioxide being moved from the cell into the blood to be delivered to the lungs for exchange also at the cellular level in alveolae. What a miracle and mystery this process is, It amazes me and brings me closer to clarity on the interconnectedness of all beings.

What a gift to apprehend and remain curious about the nature of life!

thanks

charlie

Yes, indeed, Charlie!--as someone had commented in Year One of the thread, FP Qigong does everything that a great Qigong system should do: it clearly enables one to have experiential awareness of energy production on a cellular level. And the sublimity of the FP Qigong is that far beyond the respiratory function of he lungs, which provides oxygenated blood for the body, cellular respiration can be felt en masse in the brain. Cellular respiration is the process that is actually felt as the "washing sensation" in the brain from doing the intermediate and advanced seated meditations. Other high meditations that cause the energetic activation of specific brain centers (such as the Tibetan Yogas, Tan Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Method), and the Oneness Meditation Movement of Sri Bhagavan (a Hindu tradition) that I recently described as having experienced quite literally as a "contact high") also promote cellular respiration in very, very precise and directed ways.

But back to something that beginner FP Practitioners can experience and be alerted to:

A. Enhanced blood circulation is the first thing that is experienced. Tingling in the hands and fingers and the cyclical "filling" and "emptying" of the hands and feet (dependng on the exercise) is typically the very first experience one has in any Qigong system that one might want to call an "energy expansion." But this expansion has to be from the heart space out to the extremities. One can just rapidly rotate a straight arm about the shoulder joint and feel the hand fill up with blood due to centrifugal force, but healthful Qigong circulation requires that the energy proceed from the heart to the fingertips.

B. Next, the "rush" of energy up the spine to the back and top of the head occurs when the sacral-occipital response is activated and more bloodflow reaches the brain (as opposed to being "pinched off" at the sacrum and the occipital bone.

Hint: just the relaxation of the sacral-occipital nerves can facilitate non-ordinary "seeing" because the occipital lobe of the brain is where visual processing takes place. Recall reports from several FP Practitioners last fall of seeing everything draped in gold light upon completing some of the basic FP STanding meditations (in Volume One).

C. Later one experiences the cultivation of the distinctive FP Healing Energy throughout the various tissue-parts of the body ( such as the brain as discussed above) that coincides with the cellular respiration, or the production of energy within the cells.

That ignition of the energy and creation of the "superabundance" or reserve of the FP Healing energy has to do with the mitochondria--for all you cell biology jocks out there. These are the energy factories and storehouses in every cell. The science has long been in on these parts of cells:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrion

http://biology.about.com/od/cellanatomy/ss/mitochondria.htm

The miracle is that Feng Tao Teh (or his spirit guides) bequeathed to mankind through the FP Qigong the ability to consciously ignite and regulate these cellular processes while in deep meditation.

Chew on that one for a while, y'all.

Sifu Terry

• Like 5

Sifu Terry,

I continue to enjoy reading your comments about your experiences from the Oneness Blessing energy. I just want to clarify what most people would not be aware of. The Oneness Blessing is unique to this planet since brought out to the public by Sri Bhagavan in India in the 1980's. It is not from the Vedic tradition. And it has nothing to do with the bastardized misinterpretation of the pure knowledge from the Vedas which is what Hinduism has become after generations of teachers and priests taught knowledge without themselves being in the higher states of consciousness which the Vedas describe. But regradless of the source of the Oneness Blessing energy, you have accurately discerned that it is an energy that directly rewires the brain at the cellular level. Clairvoyants can literally see the changes in the brain made from this deeksha (energy).

Steve

• Like 2

But back to something that beginner FP Practitioners can experience and be alerted to:

A. Enhanced blood circulation is the first thing that is experienced. Tingling in the hands and fingers and the cyclical "filling" and "emptying" of the hands and feet (dependng on the exercise) is typically the very first experience one has in any Qigong system that one might want to call an "energy expansion." But this expansion has to be from the heart space out to the extremities. One can just rapidly rotate a straight arm about the shoulder joint and feel the hand fill up with blood due to centrifugal force, but healthful Qigong circulation requires that the energy proceed from the heart to the fingertips.

Well I'm on my 15th week of practice ;)

The tingling sensation is now become a costant thing in my practice, expecially in hands and arms, sometimes fingers tremble like diapasons!

At my current level of awareness I can't feel the expansion from the heart to fingertips with certainty..

After minutes of practice I feel like a warm liquid is moving into my body.

Sometimes I get something that I can describe as peaks of delight, which are accompained by strong energy waves (can't get if these have a direction)

I have also noticed the "filling" in the hand, and more generally a feeling of growing density of the air, I'm not sure about the "emptying" feeling though.

I've noticed an increasing in concentration/attention during and outside the practice (also during my daily anapanasati), the ease in maintaing concentration is visibily growing

I'm trying to approach my FP practice with as much an open mind as I can, like studying something which I don't know nothing about. Keeping my attention on sensations, without conceptualization and expectations. Every practice session is a new one and I can practice with tranquillity in heart and mind.

As a side note I'm still using burmanese posture for the sitted meditations, and still practicing stretches to reach half lotus

• Like 2

Sifu Terry,

I continue to enjoy reading your comments about your experiences from the Oneness Blessing energy. I just want to clarify what most people would not be aware of. The Oneness Blessing is unique to this planet since brought out to the public by Sri Bhagavan in India in the 1980's. It is not from the Vedic tradition. And it has nothing to do with the bastardized misinterpretation of the pure knowledge from the Vedas which is what Hinduism has become after generations of teachers and priests taught knowledge without themselves being in the higher states of consciousness which the Vedas describe. But regradless of the source of the Oneness Blessing energy, you have accurately discerned that it is an energy that directly rewires the brain at the cellular level. Clairvoyants can literally see the changes in the brain made from this deeksha (energy).

Steve

Steve,

Thank you for your clarification about the origins of Sri Bhagavan's Oneness Meditation/Blessing. Very interesting that it is not from the Vedic tradition. From my limited direct exposure to couple of so-called Hindu masters in the 80's, that makes sense to me because Sri Bhagavan's energy is quite different. There's a power and purity to his Oneness Blessing that is just as pure and uniquely brain-affecting as Tao Tan Pai's Five Dragons and Nine Flowers Neikung, and the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, and other advanced Bok Fu Pai meditative arts. It's obvious to me that I was only able to experience his Deeksha because I had religiously practiced two authentic neikung traditions for many years (Tao Tan Pai neikung since 1976 and Ehrmeishan Flying Phoenix and 10,000 Buddhas Meditations since 1991.) Thus I already had experienced other forms of brain activation, which enabled me to be "lit up" from reading your posting about Eric Isen's reading of the 690 AD Meds. I still find that profound hit of the deeksha through Eric through you as a point-of-contact to be quite remarkable and wonderful.

I'll also offer you this deeper alchemic reading of the Deeksha: it is truly a Oneness Blessing because the purpose and effect of that energy's brain activation of the parietal lobes and the forebrain is to empower people to manifest material gain, effect accelerated learning from afar (made possible by the anchoring effect of Amma Bhagavan), Lunar sensitivity, material wealth with causing loss to others, and most importantly at the center of it all, the deeksha promotes true inner peace through mental quiescence. (I'll show you in PM the oracle I used to interpret the deeksha energy.)

All Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. Indeed it is a tragic shame--what the Vedic tradition has become. The same is true in some movements of Buddhism--especially in the West: too much translation and not enough yogic practice. (There is even a particular all-left brain crackpot of an American Buddhist "scholar" getting lots of airplay in the Buddhist community who advocates doing away with all forms of meditation and relying solely on the study of scriptures! Nothing like taking access to the Infinite Event-- i.e., God--out of the equation completely.) For when the authentic ancient Yogas are lost, the Intelligence of discerning and scientifically testing and proving spiritual truths is lost, the scriptures become deactivated, arid, dry, and mostly unfathomable (except to the most gifted), and the trans-generational spiritual transmission is effectively kaputt. And then the self-styled and self-annointed masters, carpetbagging translators and cult-leaders (who after making a God of their egos instead of an ego of their Gods--in the words of Alan Watts) move in with their totally cooked and distorted "truths", resulting in the blind leading the blind, which is what the Buddha and The Great Syrian Sage explicitly warned against. But cutting through the rubbish heap of bastardized doctrines, useless downstream yogas, and made-up-in-the-garage Qigong systems, is the energy of Pure Truth from avatars such as Sri Bhagavan and from the simple practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong--although the energetic brain envelopment of the latter comes only through persevering practice and tapping into the "trunk" of Fei Feng San Gung--Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Qi--through one's personal power...for there is no bakti tradition behind FP Qigong practice, and no community of high monks--not yet, at least--daily generating and refining Flying Phoenix Healing Energy and invoking its emanation to spread like wildfire, activating brains through relatively simple meditation. But if practitioners will simply master the basic level of the FP Qigong system so neatly taught on Vols. 1-4, and then practice together in proximity, they will quite easily experience the FP Healing Energy having transmission and permeation properties just as profound but very different from those of Oneness Meditation.

And yes, plans are being laid for conducting FP Qigong Meditation workshops across the country and overseas next year and following years!

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4

Thank you for your profound comments to my previous post Sifu Terry.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi would agree with you about scriptures. He said that the description of a strawberry could never give the person hearing about it the flavor of the strawberry. Consciousness is a direct experience that cannot be transmitted via words. I think the Tao Te Ching also makes that same point over and over again. The scriptures serve as sign posts to identify where one is on the path to higher states of consciousness.

I look forward to your tour, hoping it includes the East coast.

I am still pondering the warning from Sifu Garry and you about not doing the 690 AD chi kung meditations. Since other people on this blog have this 690 AD dvd I would be grateful if you could state the reasons why we should not be using it.

Steve

• Like 2

Well I'm on my 15th week of practice ;)

The tingling sensation is now become a costant thing in my practice, expecially in hands and arms, sometimes fingers tremble like diapasons!

At my current level of awareness I can't feel the expansion from the heart to fingertips with certainty..

After minutes of practice I feel like a warm liquid is moving into my body.

Sometimes I get something that I can describe as peaks of delight, which are accompained by strong energy waves (can't get if these have a direction)

I have also noticed the "filling" in the hand, and more generally a feeling of growing density of the air, I'm not sure about the "emptying" feeling though.

I've noticed an increasing in concentration/attention during and outside the practice (also during my daily anapanasati), the ease in maintaing concentration is visibily growing

I'm trying to approach my FP practice with as much an open mind as I can, like studying something which I don't know nothing about. Keeping my attention on sensations, without conceptualization and expectations. Every practice session is a new one and I can practice with tranquillity in heart and mind.

As a side note I'm still using burmanese posture for the sitted meditations, and still practicing stretches to reach half lotus

Hi Pitisukha,

Your report of the energy sensations--tingling in the hands are arms, a "fullness" in the hands, warm liquid moving through the body, improved concentration and awareness, are all typical experiences that come at the start of FP Qigong training. They mean that you're doing fine with your starting practice of Flying Phoenix Qigong. The occasional "peaks of delight"--which I assume are associated with the "warm liquid flow" is one of the lovely forms of bliss that FP Qigong practice induces. In Volume 2's Seated FP Meditations, that warm liquid flow is experienced in the brain as a "washing" sensation that's highly pleasurable. That state, just like the tingling feeling, through correct practice can become more regular in occurrence and even approach a constancy.

Tangibly feeling the density of the air means that you are starting to attain relaxation of the body.

"At my current level of awareness I can't feel the expansion from the heart to fingertips with certainty..."

--Don't worry about not feeling this yet. What I wrote in bold italics (that the energy must proceed from the heart space to the fingertips is a very advanced state of yogic control of energy. A state of mastery, in other words. It comes usually only after decades of training in the Chinese internal arts.

As a side note I'm still using burmanese posture for the sitted meditations, and still practicing stretches to reach half lotus.

Continue in this manner, Pitisuhka, and you cannot fail or go wrong!

All Best,

Sifu Terry

P.S. Indeed it is a tragic shame--what the Vedic tradition has become.

Sifu Terry,

I can see how the name 'Vedic' might spur a lot of charlatanism. I own a textbook on 'Vedic Mathematics' that is, according to seemingly objective fact-checkers from India, not Vedic at all - just a set of clever but useful tricks invented by a modern Indian mathematician. The author claimed to have taken a set of 16 mathematical sutras from 'the Vedas', the source of which he can no longer produce.

I would like to know your opinion on Vedic knowledge that is demonstrably Vedic - like certain mantras from the Rig Veda. I have been chanting the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, mostly while working and before bed, for the last month. The first night I did this, I had a very profound dream in which I was forced to confront my fear of losing attachment to my body. Would you include this type of practice in the context of your comment, or did you mean specifically Vedic (and Buddhist) elements that have turned to book-learning and lost their substance? Forgive the ignorant question, as I haven't really delved much into the world of mainstream/degraded/modernized Buddhist/Vedic religion, and your comment was a little surprising to me.

• Like 1

Hi Sifu Garry,

What makes me want to do the static meds on 690 AD is the strong feeling of chi that I feel in my hands which is much more than I feel from any other Doo Wai lineage chi kung. Also, my medical clairvoyant saw this great energy coming from it, balancing all parts of my brain.

So I am very curious why I would be cautioned not to use it. I have never done it regularly because of lack of time and I have only done it once since Sifu Terry suggested that you and he do not think it is a good idea to use that DVD. I am open to hearing what is wrong with doing those meds.

Steve

Recent research done by the TM movement has shown that all of the hymns of the Rig Veda have direct healing effects on various parts of the mind and the body. Certain hymns correspond to specific body parts and now do healing with sound whispering chants from the vedas. It's all in the vibration, Veda means Pure Knowledge which has been cognized by Seers when the earth is created and pure. It is not man made knowledge. That is what I have been taught. Vibration/energy just like chi kung.

• Like 1

Steve,

What is it that makes you want to do them?

Hi Sihing Garry,

I had a long and pleasant phone conversation with Steve yesterday early evening and explained to him the interesting history of the source of the 690AD meditations. So he understands why we have warned FP practitioners not to spend much time or their hard-earned resources on that particular body of information.

At any rate, we've all agreed not to discuss it further on this thread but to keep any discussion in the back-channel through PM, so as not to distract the thread's focus from Flying Phoenix Chi Kung training issues.

**If any reader of the FPCK thread is curious about the so-called 690AD meditations, please contact myself or Sifu Garry directly through PM and either one of us will be glad to inform you of our assessment of this body of information.**

All best,

Sihing Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

More on FP - Ive convinced my mother to start FP - so this is her third day - shes feeling the energy but shes new to qigong

HOWEVER - my little sister has x-ray vision through the light of her shen... she says when my mother does FP all around her becomes a LIGHT SKY BLUE COLOR

THis is just further proof how Flying Phoenix is one of its kind -

CELESTIAL CHI IS CORRECT!

Oh and the comment of FP energy completely over-riding any energy that in the system while your doing the meditations - yes i remember when i did the form posted by GMDW on youtube, the healing qi completely filled my energy field and made it very light and ethereal - which was a shocker the first time i did it because it had compeltely chaged what i had been doing a couple hours before

But i would like to ask - since FP is such an amazing high level system cultivating a heavenly chi and working with brain alchemy, does it in time restore the power of heaven in the body itself , ie with a battery in the dantian that never goes away or dissipates?

I am also asking since FP is a taoist art right?

• Like 1

Sifu Terry,

I can see how the name 'Vedic' might spur a lot of charlatanism. I own a textbook on 'Vedic Mathematics' that is, according to seemingly objective fact-checkers from India, not Vedic at all - just a set of clever but useful tricks invented by a modern Indian mathematician. The author claimed to have taken a set of 16 mathematical sutras from 'the Vedas', the source of which he can no longer produce.

I would like to know your opinion on Vedic knowledge that is demonstrably Vedic - like certain mantras from the Rig Veda. I have been chanting the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, mostly while working and before bed, for the last month. The first night I did this, I had a very profound dream in which I was forced to confront my fear of losing attachment to my body. Would you include this type of practice in the context of your comment, or did you mean specifically Vedic (and Buddhist) elements that have turned to book-learning and lost their substance? Forgive the ignorant question, as I haven't really delved much into the world of mainstream/degraded/modernized Buddhist/Vedic religion, and your comment was a little surprising to me.

Hello Alles,

I am by no means an expert on the Vedic tradition or on how it has reportedly degenerated to misinterpretation of the Vedas by yoga-deficient "masters" who do too much translation and not enough practice -- in India or the West. And I wasn't commenting upon charlatanism based on exploiting the name "Vedas" or descriptor "Vedic". My comment was a general one--in agreement with Tao Stillness--in which I bemoaned the dilution of Buddhist and Taoist practices in the west alongside the bastardization of the Vedic tradition in India that he spoke of. Based on my experience of the deeksah of the Oneness Meditation/Blessing of Sri Bhagavan and its unique and profound brain activation-- in the unusual manner that I had described earlier, I was deeply inspired to pass on the warning that if high yogic practices are not maintained in the world's great religions, then they will degenerate from the resulting over-reliance upon doctrine and inevitable misinterpretation of scripture. For as I've stated many times in different ways, all eastern religions and philosophies (worth their salt in my book) are systems of applied yoga--Taoism, Chan Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism, Zoroasterism, Sufism and other Shiite sects with Islam, Manichaeism, and some of the Gnostic or "heretical" forms of Christianity such as Nestorianism (which evolved in Persia and spread as far east as China during the Tang Dynasty). My comment was really about the all-importance of Yoga as the taproot of all religion, and was first echoed into my awareness by W.Y. Evans-Wentz in his seminal Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines (1935). See pages 49 to 51: "Believing Versus Knowing".

http://www.gobookee.net/get_book.php?u=aHR0cDovL3N1Zmlib29rcy5pbmZvL0ludGVncmFsL1RpYmV0YW5fWW9nYV8lMjBhbmRfU2VjcmV0X0RvY3RyaW5lc19XX1lfRXZhbnMtV2VudHoucGRmClRpYmV0YW4gWW9nYSBhbmQgU2VjcmV0IERvY3RyaW5lcyAtIFN1ZmkgQm9va3M=

I have absolutely no doubt that your practice of the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra and other teachings of the Rig Veda is of profound benefit to you. You are practicing Yoga based on the Vedas. And you should not read my comment as disparaging of any Yogic practice correctly taught by a qualified teacher of any eastern spiritual tradition. I also practice a number of Taoist-Buddhist mantras (in Chinese) and Buddhist mantras (in Sanskrit) in special situations and on rare occasions. I also conduct a wide variety of operations--some mantric--that would be classified under "western hermetic philosophy."

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2