Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Not answered questions regarding FP in this thread were:

1) what is transmission in BFP. it meant to be question about connection with spiritual Lineage. It was question about entities and dreaming methods too.

2) internal elixir, pre heaven / post heaven qi, why there are no terms of psychic channels and MCO. Terry referring to the Tibetan Yoga Doctrine which is full of psychic channels description as part of internal method cultivation processes. What is connection with this doctrine? Why Tibetan? All authentic methods referring to taoist scriptures. Friend of mine who I mention before and who uses this book said there are channels indeed which are the part of the subtle body. Has anybody here opened these psyhic channels with FPCK?

3) how many levels in the system and how many are going to be published?

Your answers were like "shut up" and "slow and steady" and "nobody must reply your questions". :)

I just repeat questions bc you ask. I am interested in internal alchemy method and not just qigong methods. This were my questions are coming from.

Please Antares forgive my interruption.. :)

For the next 2 weeks my practice will be:

- Monk Gaze at the Moon 60 40 20 15min
- Bending the Bow 70 50 40 30 10 15min

- Monk holding peach 90 50 40 20 10 15 min
- First Med on dvd2 5 60 80 40 30 15min (actually 20min to complete the 30 reps)
- Second Med on dvd2 50 30 10 15min (near 20min to complete 5 reps)

- Third Med on dvd2 50 10 50 15 min

Sometimes I split this in two sessions..

I've got some vibration in baihui when doing the second sitted meditation.

For now muscle fatigue/tension continues, anyway I've found it very usefull to practice equanimity!

I've some questions for the experts

In monk gaze at the moon my sight naturally becomes blurred, is this normal?

When practicing monk holding peach, knees should be locked, does this mean pressing knees in back direction (to me this tend to stiffen the hips)? also, what the distance between hands to chest?

Hi pitisukha,

Not an expert here, but just answering from my experience.

My vision doesn’t become blurred in MGM. But it occurred to me when I was practicing Zen meditation years ago. I guess it occurs when the eyes are staring too fixedly to something. It was clearly the case during Zen meditation (the wall :)).

As for MHP my knees are locked but not to the point that it creates tension. Knees are not bent but not locked by excessive tension. There is a point of equilibrium there, where legs are naturally straightened without tension.

Sifu Terry says in the DVD that there must be straight line from elbow to elbow in MHP. To do that in an optimal way, my shoulders have to be very relaxed, and my hands can’t be too far from my chest (5cm/2 inches) It creates a very little stretch of the triceps.

Hope it helps!

• Like 1

pitisukha -

That is a really good practice schedule....nice work! As for the muscle fatigue, that is something that in the beginning we all have to work through. The good news is over time the legs become quite strong.

As far as Monk Holds Peach, Sifu Terry can weigh in, but I do not lock my knees completely. While my legs are straight I leave the slightest bend and the knees. This in turn allows a more comfortable hip position, and I believe a better flow of qi.

Regarding how close you hold the Monk Holds Peach hand position to the chest, you can hold it really close. You should be able to feel the difference as your hand position gets closer in proximity to your heart area.

As a final comment, your very next meditation and Volume 2 will be the first seated Monk Serves Wine meditation. At that point, at least for me, things started to get interesting. I still find that very first seated Monk Serves Wine meditation to be quite powerful....I did that one just last night and enjoyed the energetic effects immensely.

Please keep us posted with your progress!

• Like 1

Kunlun has been mentioned so I will comment. I learned Yi Gong nei gong from Jenny Lamb dvd and she is emphatic that Yi Gong is not Kunlun. I then had private Skype session from one of Jenny's early students, Max, who went on to change the hand and arm position of Yi Gong and then call it Kunlun. He has added other nei gong methods since then and calls the whole deal Kunlun.

When I think of "inner alchemy" I think that is what chi kung is all about. What value are these arcane texts, scriptures of Taoism without an enlightened master to interpret the real meaning of them. A mind in lesser consciousness cannot understand scriptures as they were written by people in higher states of consciousness. My teacher said that to understand scriptures it takes an enlightened master along with a physicist to interpret what they really mean. Channels and MCO and what FP does in terms of that can be in time, perhaps a very long time, be directly experienced by the student. The understanding of how FP works will not be sufficiently understood from intellectual understanding. The texts are meant to clarify experiences. We cannot put the cart before the horse. If one cannot wait that long, than there is an option of paying a medical clairvoyant to describe what he sees FP doing for inside of you and in the energy bodies. I have done that.

Edited by tao stillness
  • Like 1

Bubbles and Fu_doggy

Thank you very much for your help!!

Will try different distances for the hands and also to not compleatly lock the knees.

First time I was holding the peach I was not locking the knees and I get a subtle wiggle of the upper body that syncronize itself with the breath, this seems to stop by locking the knees...

Also about practice schedule here http://www.taichimania.com/trainingschedule.html

As Fu_doggy said next change will be practicing Monks holding pearl and first MSW alone. My practice time is now about 1h30min.

So I guess is better doing 45min for one and 45min for the other.. am I wrong? should I start again qith 15min/15min?

pitisukha - I am not sure I understand your last question. Could you please ask again in a different way?

Not answered questions regarding FP in this thread were:

1) what is transmission in BFP. it meant to be question about connection with spiritual Lineage. It was question about entities and dreaming methods too.

2) internal elixir, pre heaven / post heaven qi, why there are no terms of psychic channels and MCO. Terry referring to the Tibetan Yoga Doctrine which is full of psychic channels description as part of internal method cultivation processes. What is connection with this doctrine? Why Tibetan? All authentic methods referring to taoist scriptures. Friend of mine who I mention before and who uses this book said there are channels indeed which are the part of the subtle body. Has anybody here opened these psyhic channels with FPCK?

3) how many levels in the system and how many are going to be published?

Your answers were like "shut up" and "slow and steady" and "nobody must reply your questions". :)

I just repeat questions bc you ask. I am interested in internal alchemy method and not just qigong methods. This were my questions are coming from.

No one is trying to sell you anything or convince you of anything. Answers to your questions from Sifus Terry and Garry are busy masters graciously taking the time to try and help you - not a business deal. I'm sure their answers to you are meant to help, even if they don't tell you exactly what you want to hear. Sometimes we don't ask the right questions in the first place. Our inquiry should be for progress, and all I see here is helpful masters trying to point you towards progress - which isn't the same as expounding on the deep theoretical principles of the art (something that disciples in earlier times would have found very presumptuous to ask of their masters... who is the master, if not he who knows better than ourselves?)

You have the opportunity to practice an esoteric energy cultivation system that most people will never be lucky enough to hear of. Numerous masters have dedicated their lives to preserving it. What we are a part of is far more valuable than the small amount you pay for the DVDs, so let's at least agree to be more respectful to the masters who've helped make this possible and not act like they owe us anything. I feel it is the other way around.

• Like 2

pitisukha - I am not sure I understand your last question. Could you please ask again in a different way?

Well, now I'm doing 15min per med, 1h30min in total.

After this two week following that training schedule I have to start a new cycle practicing monk holiding pearl and MSW1, but leave the meds I'm actually doing.

So my question is: can I do 45min+45min=1h30min of the two meds, or because they are new is better to start with 15min each one?

pitisukha -

I believe you are interpreting Sifu Terry's recommended training schedule correctly.

When you begin a new cycle, which in our case includes the newly learned Monk Holds Pearl and MSW#1, then you focus on those and leave the ones you were doing, but only temporarily.

However, when I was learning the basics, once or twice a week I would do everything I learned, so that I did all the basic seated and all the basic standing. It's pretty cool do get to the point that you can do all the basic standing one after the other. Same with all the basic seated. These build a lot of energy! Even now I love going back and doing the basic standing and seated FP exercises....they are quite powerful.

Later on as you progress in your practice (after you learn all the basic standing and seated), and as you learn more advanced standing and seated FP meditations, you can reduce the amount of time on each of the basic exercises to 6-8 minutes each.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Fu_doggy

Garry, I did not say anything to you. I asked about FP in this thread. And what is wrong with my questions/attitude?

I have experience in many blogs on taoism/yoga/gnostic christianity/tantra.

All questions like I asked are normal there. Questions about Tradition and transmission in it.

This is first blog where people reply with aggression. Sadly

pitisukha -

I believe you are interpreting Sifu Terry's recommended training schedule correctly.

When you begin a new cycle, which in our case includes the newly learned Monk Holds Pearl and MSW#1, then you focus on those and leave the ones you were doing, but only temporarily.

However, when I was learning the basics, once or twice a week I would do everything I learned, so that I did all the basic seated and all the basic standing. It's pretty cool do get to the point that you can do all the basic standing one after the other. Same with all the basic seated. These build a lot of energy! Even now I love going back and doing the basic standing and seated FP exercises....they are quite powerful.

Later on as you progress in your practice (after you learn all the basic standing and seated), and as you learn more advanced standing and seated FP meditations, you can reduce the amount of time on each of the basic exercises to 6-8 minutes each.

Hope this helps!

Ok

I'll keep the total practice time to 1h30min also when practicing two meds

Ant, so you want to know if the FP comes with some type of Alchemy diagrams or sonnets?

Diagrams? :)t

NO. I wanted to know how it is spiritual. I was said that GMDW's himself said that FP is not much about spirituality and it is healing art. I probably expected something different. It took time to clarify and created some confusion. And you seem to think that I am trying to attack the system. No. I am not. This is just specific system with unique alchemy diff from Taoist or Buddhist.

Also I was given another information how to do meds. Diff people say diff things about the system. And when I ask questions you getting angry on me. Okey. I do not want to continue such conversation. I would better ask somebody else who is kind to answer my questions and do not attack my personality

I have been told that it is very much a healing system, and as for spiritual you dont need anything but you and your connection with the one no need for qi kung. But let me say for me, all is Qi and all is connected its up to you to make it spiritual!

We can only say that FP comes from Daoist Monk FDD, and he was Buddhist turned Daoist, so can it be a mixture or does it really matter?!

I am not angry at all im trying to understand why u are frustrated and really sometimes the answer is right in front of you or inside usually.

Buddha was said to gain enlightenment sitting under a tree, some others enlightened beings have there own story. Doing something that you love and gets results already is priceless, the more you but into it the more you defo gonna get out of it. Best to ask Sifu Terry what is contained in FP if it was taught one on one privately? All I can say that with SYG it has 72 meditations and it has its herbs, massage methods, gua sha, cupping with energy healing. I do know that FP also has its own herbal formulas or herb alchemy as for the others I dont know usually a kung fu Sifu learns the dit dar and healing so regardless of if its an internal system the kung fu system has its healing work.

• Like 1