Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

in general i read this thread with interest, hence wonder why the exclusive use of SYG instead of occasionally writing it out I can't find an explicit reference anywhere.

how about a reference to SYG?

Hi Alleswasderfallist,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no mantric practice associated with Flying Phoenix Qigong. GM Doo Wai never mentioned any mantric practice or yoga during 6 years I studied with him. Good luck with your research into this aspect of Ehrmeishan Buddhism. And please let us know what you find!

Glad you enjoyed my relaying of my student's profane, generation-specific praise of FP Qigong: "FP is the fucking shit!"

Regards,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

I'll let you know if I find anything :)

Last night Sifu Terry Dunn was in one of my dreams, don't remember well what appened in the dream.. this morning I've seen in my mail an invite, at 00:34, from Terry Dunn to connect via Linkedin :D :D

Anyway, practice is going well, the muscle fatigue, from keeping arms up and fixed, in shoulder and back seems to very slowly diminish..

Next week I'll add #3 standing (I think is monk holding peach), and #3 sitting.. In days with more free time I plan to do entire DVD 1 and 2 probably in two separated sessions

Good healing to everyone

Edited by pitisukha
  • Like 2

Hello Alleswasderfallist, Sifu Terry, anyone interested,

If I understand well, Puxian is the Chinese name for Samantabhadra, it is also known as Fugen Bosatsu in Japanese Buddhism.

I found two mantras associated with Samantabhadra.

The first one is “Om sammaya sat tvam” (Om samayas tvam) (Sanskrit)

The second is more complex and is extracted from the Lotus Sutra, and is pronounced by Samantabhadra :

Mantra Pronounced by Samantabhadra Bodhisattva for Upholders of the Lotus Sūtra

adaṇḍe daṇḍapati daṇḍāvartani daṇḍa-kuśale daṇḍa-sudhāri | sudhārapati buddha-paśyane sarvadhāraṇi | āvartani saṁvartani saṁgha-parīkṣite saṁgha-nirghātani | dharma-parīkṣite sarva-sattva ruta kauśalyānugate | siṁha-vikrīḍite anuvarte vartani vartāli svāhā ||

Below is the audio file for chanting the second one.

http://www.sutrasmantras.info/tem09.mp3

Please find also a pdf file compiling internet ressources about Samantabhadra:

http://ia700309.us.archive.org/11/items/SamantabhadraInternetResourcesOnTheBodhisattvaUniversalWorthy/samantabhadra.pdf

and the pdf file of the ten vows of Samantabhadra Bodhisattva (recommended!)

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/samantabhadra.pdf

Hope its helps :)

Hi Alleswasderfallist,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no mantric practice associated with Flying Phoenix Qigong. GM Doo Wai never mentioned any mantric practice or yoga during 6 years I studied with him. Good luck with your research into this aspect of Ehrmeishan Buddhism. And please let us know what you find!

Glad you enjoyed my relaying of my student's profane, generation-specific praise of FP Qigong: "FP is the fucking shit!"

Regards,

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

Thank you so much, bubbles. I'm a musician and I've been looking for a way to incorporate music into my spiritual practice. I also took a Sanskrit class in college and have been planning to relearn it. Seems like the perfect mantra to use.

• Like 1

... It was fucking good after I had finished. Sorry, I used word good instead of shit as I like it more...

:D :D

Does anyone else have reported an incresed number of lucid dreams?

don't know if this is related to FP practice

Edited by pitisukha

It was like I took half of ecstasy pill.Then walked dancing to supermarket and people were laughing watching me.

I know exactly what you mean haha I've had my fair share of "public exposure" For me the meds create a "not giving a **** " mood I don't know if its the same for everyone

• Like 1

Does anyone else have reported an incresed number of lucid dreams?

don't know if this is related to FP practice

Yes for me. On similar note also flashes of old memories during the day, not only visual but also gustatory and olfactory.

Leif - I've had the same experience with extremely old memories that have resurfaced since doing FP. One as recently as a week ago, which was a memory from my very early childhood. I think you'll find this is not an uncommon occurrence as you progress in your practice of Flying Phoenix.

• Like 1

Hello Alleswasderfallist, Sifu Terry, anyone interested,

If I understand well, Puxian is the Chinese name for Samantabhadra, it is also known as Fugen Bosatsu in Japanese Buddhism.

I found two mantras associated with Samantabhadra.

The first one is “Om sammaya sat tvam” (Om samayas tvam) (Sanskrit)

The second is more complex and is extracted from the Lotus Sutra, and is pronounced by Samantabhadra :

Mantra Pronounced by Samantabhadra Bodhisattva for Upholders of the Lotus Sūtra

adaṇḍe daṇḍapati daṇḍāvartani daṇḍa-kuśale daṇḍa-sudhāri | sudhārapati buddha-paśyane sarvadhāraṇi | āvartani saṁvartani saṁgha-parīkṣite saṁgha-nirghātani | dharma-parīkṣite sarva-sattva ruta kauśalyānugate | siṁha-vikrīḍite anuvarte vartani vartāli svāhā ||

Below is the audio file for chanting the second one.

http://www.sutrasmantras.info/tem09.mp3

Please find also a pdf file compiling internet ressources about Samantabhadra:

http://ia700309.us.archive.org/11/items/SamantabhadraInternetResourcesOnTheBodhisattvaUniversalWorthy/samantabhadra.pdf

and the pdf file of the ten vows of Samantabhadra Bodhisattva (recommended!)

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/samantabhadra.pdf

Hope its helps :)

I've this in one of my cds (is this sanskrit?):

http://5mp3.org/music/Samantabhadra%20Bodhisattva

sounds good!

The vid seem to bend your state of reality, the video wavering effect I mean. Thus to match your inner state of feeling/reality in your SYG med?. I noticed wavering sensation in my FP meds too.

Cool vid and nice music.

Nice video Sifu Garry....thanks for posting.

That slow speed of movement seems to be common to both SYG and FP. Very cool!

I want to ask Sifu Terry if Flying Phoenix Chikung LEVEL 1 is complete in itself or not? Could you elaborate it please?

I asked it before but I did not get proper respond.

I just confused a little about these methods and thus I can not concentrate on something one. Recently I was said that there are 18 levels of 18 meds each in FPCK.

I like this chikung and I would continue with it solely if I would know clearly how many levels must be completed and how many are going to be released? HELP! Does anyone know the answer?

• Like 1