Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Charlie,

Glad to hear you back at it.

On ones face for a long time seems to me to suck big time.

Sounds like you have the meat well under control. My mother in law now 101 was raised on a ranch in Denver area.

All her brothers and sisters lived long lives as well. Oldest was 105 I think. All ate meat but they raised it themselves.

Maybe that's the trick. Grow your own.

In any case I am not against meat. There are days a good old burger looks real good. At 62 the vegan thing feels pretty goods to me, so I will keep it up for now. Maybe later I'll go back to meat. Things change.

Enjoy

Andy

• Like 2

Hey guys, still practicing here. I have a few questions, for anyone to answer.

1. I'm practicing volumes 1 and 2. I notice that others who practice these two consecutively (at least according to this thread) have usually practiced volume 1 first and then two. I have been doing the opposite. Is there a reason to do 1 then 2?

2. After finishing my FP meditations, I usually do some zazen, and sometimes walking meditation. Elsewhere in this thread I remember reading that FP energy remains active for an amount of time proportionate to the level of mindfulness one maintains - thus making post-FP a great time to do quiet seated meditation. I am thinking about adding horse stance training to my routine, and I'm wondering if this can be considered quiet meditation - or is this a type of energy work, which I should save for another time?

3. Sometimes I do the warm up meditations individually from volume 2 after volume 1 training. I never do MSW, except after the three warm ups. Is it always necessary to do all three warm-ups before MSW, or can I jump in after 1 warm-up? Is the order important to follow, or is it okay to mix as in Volume 1?

4. I have scoliosis and had a spinal fusion (metal rod) put in my back around 8 years ago. Sometimes I feel like this may limit my progress in my meditation, as I am unable to maintain as straight a spine as most people. Also, I wonder if the metal rod (which is attached to the left side of my thoracic spine, I believe) may limit the FP energy in some way. Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm not very knowledgeable in TCM.

A couple of observations:

Related to my scoliosis: I can say that doing FP has greatly improved my muscular imbalances, to some degree. I can tell this by the weight distribution on my feet getting more even. I used to put much more weight on my right foot.

Interestingly enough, I notice tingling in my throat chakra when I do Monk Holding Pearl. Anyone else?

Also, don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but sometimes I feel like laughing while doing the meditations (especially BTB.) This doesn't happen often, but funny thoughts will sometimes pop into my head, and it's almost difficult not to laugh. I thought about Donald Trump's hair of all things the other day and almost started to laugh out loud. It felt like being a kid and not being allowed to laugh in class, which naturally makes it worse. Probably a symptom of some emotional immaturity/energetic blockage, but I don't feel like it's altogether a bad thing. I feel like it would be bad to follow the thoughts and burst out laughing, but maybe it's good that certain suppressed things start coming to the surface.

• Like 2

Another couple of questions:

After finishing a session of FPCK, I do zazen and rest my right hand on top of my left, according to the neutral position of some of the FP meditations. Normally, if I'm not mistaken, zazen is done with the left palm on top. Should I go back to the Zen way of doing it, or keep right over left?

Sifu Terry says to sit in half lotus for volume 2 meditations. Is it okay to do full lotus if one is able?

Sifu Terry says to sit in half lotus for volume 2 meditations. Is it okay to do full lotus if one is able?

Hi,

Some of your questions can really found reading this whole thread if you do have time. It's wort it.. This thread is like FAQ.

You can do vol 2 sitting on a chair, even full lotus.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 2

ShivaShakti - nice report! The practice of the Flying Phoenix and especially the Monk Serves Wine meditations do indeed bring about a deep state of mental calm. I am happy to read during the state of profound calm experienced during MSW practice, that you gained some very valuable insights. Sifu Terry refers to the MSW series as "meditations" because they indeed bring about a state of profound calm and clarity, which in turn may open a path to a state of higher consciousness. Again, nice post and keep the reports coming!!! Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd

There were "few" times I did get this penetrating eyes doing MSW, though not always. I want it to be consistent.. Because it really felt great, it's very addicting, the internal feeling that is. In that feeling state, fear/shyness doesn't seem to exist. Feels massive internal power was driving my personality.

So I was thinking and evaluating how to always have this experience. If it had something to do with what I had eaten, or was my breathing percentage very spot on... or my internal awareness, how did I engage myself with the meds, or is it this, or is it that way, and so on.. hmmmm.. well I am still new to FP..and still in basic MSW. So hoping when I get to advanced meds, I may have a better chance.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Speaking of a system choosing you, I had a dream a few nights ago where I met with GM Doo Wai and he told me to learn the first 3 meditations. I have since been doing just that and feeling much better, but that dream still struck me as kind of odd. What do you guys think? Am I going nuts here or what? I'll also add the sitting ones as Sifu Terry has suggested as soon as I can. happy.gif

Warmest Regards,

Shen

Hi Shen,

Yes, visitations from preservers of the White Tiger family of internal arts do occur. Just as

Sifu Garry described in his own case, I had constant psychic and telepathic communications with GMDW during my years of training.

And Sifu Garry is absolutely right in saying that it is usually the art that chooses the man and not the other way around. But don't take our word for it, test out the extra-ordinary advice you received you received through the dream-state. And see what happens.

Best,

Sifu Terry

http://www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Frontal Lobe Activation.

So I digged (dug) just a little. It is apparent that the frontal lobes are being activated by Flying Phoenix, especially in MSW. This is "mostly" noticeable in VOL 2, basic warm-up # 1, MSW # 1 and MSW #2. Though there are other portions of the brain being activated too. I can feel a lot of pressure in my frontal lobes (like my brain being massage inside) when doing those meds I mentioned. (understand I am currently at basic meds, so I can't say what vol 7 can do, but since it is "advanced" we know what to expect ;) )

Frontal lobes is being tied to:

Object Permanence.

Proper Reasoning

Memory

Feel good

Concentration/Focus

Ability to see more of yourself (most people don't really see themselves)

keep us grounded in the present moment.

This should explain, why we are experiencing mental acuity, positive outlook in life, feeling good in general, aside from other benefits.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

Hello allesderwasderfallist:

My comments/answers are below in blue italics:

Hey guys, still practicing here. I have a few questions, for anyone to answer.

1. I'm practicing volumes 1 and 2. I notice that others who practice these two consecutively (at least according to this thread) have usually practiced volume 1 first and then two. I have been doing the opposite. Is there a reason to do 1 then 2?

No, not really. It all depends on one's experience in Qigong and meditative systems. As noted earlier in thread, "ridingtheox" stared with Vol.4's standing long form meditation and it worked wonders for him. What's essential to derive the full health benefits from this Qigong system is that one cover and thoroughly practice all the standing and seated material in the Flying Phoenix dvd series. But the FP Chi Kung exercises in DVD series are programmed in the same order in which I was taught the system by GM Doo Wai in 1992-93. And it worked for me. So I can only recommend that beginners simply follow the order of the exercises as presented in the DVD series. It goes from basic to advanced in the Basic Level of the FPCK system.

2. After finishing my FP meditations, I usually do some zazen, and sometimes walking meditation. Elsewhere in this thread I remember reading that FP energy remains active for an amount of time proportionate to the level of mindfulness one maintains - thus making post-FP a great time to do quiet seated meditation. I am thinking about adding horse stance training to my routine, and I'm wondering if this can be considered quiet meditation - or is this a type of energy work, which I should save for another time?

You can do any zazen, any form of Chinese meditation, kung-fu, kung-fu-like, tai chi, tai-chi-like, qigong-like posture/stance or outside meditation after you practice FPCK. But as a beginner the best and most effective horse practice is to continue with the moving standing meditations in Volumes 3, 4, and 5. They all build strong and flexible horse in the unique FP fashion.

3. Sometimes I do the warm up meditations individually from volume 2 after volume 1 training. I never do MSW, except after the three warm ups. Is it always necessary to do all three warm-ups before MSW, or can I jump in after 1 warm-up? Is the order important to follow, or is it okay to mix as in Volume 1? The first three Warm-Up meditations in Volume 2 condition the body and internal environment to conduct the FP energy cultivated by the MSW and standing meditations. Once you do them ahead of the other MSW meditations and know exactly what each one does energetically, you can do them or not do them. The point is to cover all the MSW meditations so that you can do all of them effortlessly--i.e., such that all your movements are frictionless and without any discomfort or resistance. Where you no longer feel your body. As several FP practitiones have reported, when they complete the FP materials in the DVD series, and then go back to the basic warmups in Vol.2, they find that these basic warm-ups are NOT basic at all.

4. I have scoliosis and had a spinal fusion (metal rod) put in my back around 8 years ago. Sometimes I feel like this may limit my progress in my meditation, as I am unable to maintain as straight a spine as most people. Also, I wonder if the metal rod (which is attached to the left side of my thoracic spine, I believe) may limit the FP energy in some way. Sorry if this is a noob question, I'm not very knowledgeable in TCM.

Everybody works with their unique physical limitations and peccadillos. The FP Chi Kung system is so all-permeating and powerful that I would surmise that your spinal implant would not reduce the effectiveness of the FP Meditations to improve overall health--unless you have incurred nerve damage from the scoliosis or the operation that implanted the rod. Knowledge of TCM is not necessary to understand the workings of FP Chi Kung. it is a medical model based on an organic worldview/cosmology that explains human health and facilitates Chinese holistic healing methods. While it can be used perhaps to describe the beneficial EFFECTS of FP Chi Kung practice, TCM cannot describe or explain how FPCK works.

A couple of observations:

Related to my scoliosis: I can say that doing FP has greatly improved my muscular imbalances, to some degree. I can tell this by the weight distribution on my feet getting more even. I used to put much more weight on my right foot.

Glad to hear about the improvement in balance from FP training. If you proceed with the regular practice of the standing moving meditations of Vols. 3 and 4, this balancing of your body mechanics and internal energy system will be further perfected--and dramatically at that.

Interestingly enough, I notice tingling in my throat chakra when I do Monk Holding Pearl. Anyone else?

Each FP Meditation an energize/activate all the energy centers/nerve plexi/chakras of the body. it all depends on the yogic cultivation level of the practitioner. Because each person is unique in their nervous system development and yogic cultivation, each specific FP exercise will affect each practitioner differently. The only exception is that if a group of FP practitioners were all training under a high-level master/magi who communicated with each practitioner through the higher chakras. Then each practitioner would experience the same visions or messages if the master sent the same ones to each.

Also, don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but sometimes I feel like laughing while doing the meditations (especially BTB.) This doesn't happen often, but funny thoughts will sometimes pop into my head, and it's almost difficult not to laugh. I thought about Donald Trump's hair of all things the other day and almost started to laugh out loud. It felt like being a kid and not being allowed to laugh in class, which naturally makes it worse. Probably a symptom of some emotional immaturity/energetic blockage, but I don't feel like it's altogether a bad thing. I feel like it would be bad to follow the thoughts and burst out laughing, but maybe it's good that certain suppressed things start coming to the surface.

There's nothing wrong with interspersing FP training with spontaneous laughter. As long as you don't break into laughter during the breath-control sequence (then you would have to start over). In fact, lighteness of mood and laughing positive thoughts would increase the circulation of the FP energy. As I stated many times in this thread, one of the most wonderful things about the Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung system is that once the practitioner completes the breath-control sequence and correctly performs the posture/movements, his/her mind can be focussed on anything and the FP exercise will still impart its full health benefits. So whether it's spurred by funniest scenes from Looney Tunes, South Park, Family Guy, Justified, or Trump's hair, a little laughter will "drum" the FP energy a little deeper. So knock yourself out, everyone!

Thanks for your progress report and questions. Alles. (--And thanks for your TTB screenname--its ode to Wittgenstein caused me to recall and rethink his tractatus and later Philosophical Investigations. He so rigorously defined by logic the limitations of language and the limits of philosophy that he declared all metaphysical experience as ineffable--rather than to create a new metaphysical language (or use an ancient one) and create philosophical problems as defined by his own proposition. Thus I will sign off with how the Tao Te Ching's first passage (and Alfred Korzybski's structural differential) continues where Wittgenstein left off:

the Tao-Path is not the All-Tao. The Name is not the Thing.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

named.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Thank you for answering my questions Sifu Terry, your elaborations are most helpful. It's good to know that I can ease up on trying to keep my Qigong practice serious, so to speak. Now that I think of it, laughing when I feel like laughing feels much more 'in the spirit' of the practice.

Your words concerning my back problem are very encouraging. I just started volume 3 as a matter of fact, and I've purchased volume 7 as well and will be adding the meditations into my seated practice one by one. Last night was my first chance to practice Wind through the Treetops and Moonbeam Splashes on Water, and I immediately saw that these motions (especially regarding the back-bending and what you call 'pencil holder' movement) have tremendous potential in improving my alignment and propioception. And as a matter of fact, another of my questions seems to have been answered: the extended horse stances of volume 3 are plenty challenging, and at least for now I won't be begging for more pain.

Glad you picked up my Wittgenstein reference. I've also long been fascinated by some of Western Philosophy's methods of approaching the door. I had a discussion with a friend the other day about the implications of Gödel's work, where I see the same brilliant recognition of the inadequacy of conceptual thought, which you summarized nicely, ie to 'create philosophical problems as defined by his own proposition'. You've in turn prompted me to revisit Science and Sanity, which I'd given up on as some sections seemed outdated to my perhaps overly discriminatory mind. The material covered is most impressive, I'm really going to have to give it another shot. Looking forward to the sections on structural differentials.

Thanks again for your most helpful reply Sifu. I feel honored to receive personal instruction from a true master such as yourself.

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 1

You can do any zazen, any form of Chinese meditation, kung-fu, kung-fu-like, tai chi, tai-chi-like, qigong-like posture/stance or outside meditation after you practice FPCK

Hello. Earlier in this thread I read that taichi movements have different energy structure and it is not advisable to do taichi at the same time when doing FPCQ meds. And I think you mean that meds from vol. 3 & 4 are more efficient and at the same time taichi like and better to do it than taichi for developing FPCQ energy.

Also I wonder... There is info that the founder of FPCQ received these meds from the Buddhist female deity in Emheishan mountains in China. What was the deity actually? There are only few female deities in that region - Quan Yin/Avalokitesavara and Tara. I have very much of sympathy to these deities. I am thinking to recite their mantras and meditate on them after finishing FPCQ meds. Just wonder if it is known what was the deity indeed.

Good thoughts and questions Eugene. For some time now, from time to time, after FP meds, I give gratitude to this goddess (I just imagine her as a goddess from the heavens), to GM Feng Tao Teh, GM Doo Wai and Sifu Terry. Just a simple thanks to them because my health is getting better, my mind is getting tune-up. FP is a gem.

• Like 3

Good thoughts and questions Eugene. For some time now, from time to time, after FP meds, I give gratitude to this goddess (I just imagine her as a goddess from the heavens), to GM Feng Tao Teh, GM Doo Wai and Sifu Terry. Just a simple thanks to them because my health is getting better, my mind is getting tune-up. FP is a gem.

That's an excellent idea, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

For the past couple of weeks I have been doing only the seated.

Either Earth Meditation (Vol 1 #4 seated in the AM for about 20-30 minutes) or all of Vol 2.

I have been a bit anxious about stuff in general.

Today I decided not to do the Earth Med. and had a feeling I should do Vol 1 instead.

About 4 minutes into #1 my legs started to shake a little. OK after 2 weeks my legs must be out of shape. I thought.

#2 and legs were shakey.

#3 not so much as they is no movement.

#4 my legs started violently shaking up and down while doing the breathing.

The past few times I have done #4 my chest gets hot and sweaty even though I am in a 50 degree room.

At those times my legs did not shake much or at all.

Today I started to sweat all over and my legs went cazy.

My legs get a little shakey if I have not done Vol 1 Vol 1 regularty. Not a big deal. They will calm down in a day or so.

These days I do not do any forms to work my legs. They are strong, just not Martial Arts Strong.

What I was supprised to feel after I was done, was that all my anxiousness was gone and I was calm.

I've been that way all day.

This sort of thing reminds me of the days of the Tao Dan Pi Qi Gung.

Too much Shen, Stars or Flowers and not enough Nui Gung or Ruler to gound it out

one could sort of spin off the planet.

I knew one guy who only did the Shen. After 3 weeks he was afraid to walk done the street as things were

always jumping out of the bushes at him, things no one else could see. I started hiim on the nui Gung to ground him out.

The TDP Nui gung is all standing with the first 1/2 hour in a medium low square horse.

I like MSW in Vol 2. It feels good but is it a little ungrounding?

As for todays experience it seems like I should be doing Vol 1 more.

Anyone else come across this?

Andy

• Like 1

Andy -

Especially during the first year I practiced, I would sometimes experience things such as shaking, perspiration, etc., as the body has to get used to the FP energy and these were the effects of energetic balancing.

Over time, these will gradually subside. So, with more practice you can expect those things go dissipate.

Regarding feeling "ungrounded", I never experienced that. That said, if your current state isn't in balance, then practicing FP will bring you into a state of true balance, which may explain why you feel good afterwards, but "a little ungrounded".

FP will not cause one to feel anxious...quite the opposite. In fact if one is feeling anxious, FP practice will dissolve that anxiousness, returning the person to a state of calm balance. FP is very healing, very calming.

Try doing an hour of FP in the evening after a hard, stressful day, and you'll see what I mean.

Good practicing!

Lloyd

• Like 1

Hi Lloyd,

When I was doing the TDP QiGung I would do an hour in the AM and an hour in the PM and if I taught classes

and other hour or two during the day and another hour each night. On Saturdays I would do up to 8 hours of Chi Kung in one form or another.

When first learning a new set one would go through a clearing of the new energy channels being worked.

This would almost certianly bring up emotions that needed to be cleared. This would often happen after the set completed

during the following hours. Upon completion of the set everyone would feel calm and relaxed. Later was when the emotions would come.

The more you did the more would come up until the cleaning process was done. Then a new set was taught. An so on.

I did each for at least 6 months then learned a new set.

It was compared to living in you house with 60 watt light bulbs, then when you did the Chi Kung you had 200 watt bulbs in your house. You could see all the dirt and clutter that needed to be delt with.

The 31 was a nice 2 hour calm set.

The Nui Kung would fry you legs, grounded and pushed your breathing.

The Shen worked the third eye and could really open it up to see things. There was both

standing and seated in the set.

The Sars was rather mild for me.

The Flowers open up my chest and caused it to break out and smell bad during the complete 6 months I did it.

I stopped for a week and the chest stuff went away. When I started it again it came back the first day.

The Dragons was 7 weeks of celibacy. 1 week before learning the first of the 5 exercises and 1 week for each new one learned and 1 week doing all of them together. I passed on that one.

The Ruler just fryed my legs and pushed my lungs.

The way I was taught it was 60 inhales and 60 exhales in 1 hour doing the knee bends.

I liked it. It was a super charger. That was the reason I contacted Sifu Terry in 2009. To relearn the Ruler

but he suggest the FP.

I am not concerned about the leg shakes. I expect that for a while.

I always feel calm and relaxed after doing either Vol 1 or Vol 2.

I was just checking to see if the FP was similar in this aspect that I experienced with thhe TDP Chi Kung (how we eused to spell it).

Thanks

Andy

Thanks alleswasderfallist and Eugene. Practicing gratitude brings more abundance in your life, they say. FP health abundance :)

-------

Ruthless

It's sure is a sign of progress on your side.

Got to tell you my shaking is ver minimal now (infact I miss my freaky shaking back then ;) ). My left shoulder neuromascular pain is finally gone too. The pain was shown and but also healed by Flying Phoenix.

I do think in life or in everything that I experience is "integration" = digest/ingest. I should understand good or seemingly bad experiences, and see to it what can I get from.

Nowadays, If some strong emotions do come up, I go outside, in our garden... I do think I needed some air (more oxygen). Being there I become more at ease. Then I accept I have this emotion and is a part of me..and do see what I could learn, and from there I integrate. Feels good afterwards :)

I have this AHA moment, of "getting fresh air". I see it now what it can do, that I attributed Flying Phoenix and partly to my spiritual tantra yoga--that I just been beginning again to incorporate with my practices (about a week only). Flying Phoenix (I usually do VOL 2, not much vol 1) is actually the grounding factor and for me to see more clearly my present situation (insights), while the tantra meditation is for my spiritual awakening.

I see to it I do more FP than Tantra, or else I will be too spacey again, and won't be able to integrate "slowly". That relates to your experience re shen and grounding--the very importance of grounding.

Another experience while doing FP alone (that is before I incorporated Tantra) is that I seem becoming sensitive (or becoming more aware) to energies. And recently when I mentally recited again my tantra mantra (personal mantra initiation, oral tradition), I noticed it having (true) power. The moment I recited it, I noticed a shift in my energies and awareness. Honestly, I don't know really what is going on here, but what important to me is I am becoming more aware of my experiences and myself.

My FP practice is approaching two months.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

I see to it I do more FP than Tantra, or else I will be too spacey again, and won't be able to integrate "slowly". That relates to your experience re shen and grounding--the very importance of grounding.I see to it I do more FP than Tantra, or else I will be too spacey again, and won't be able to integrate "slowly". That relates to your experience re shen and grounding--the very importance of grounding.

How much time per day do you do FPCQ?

Hi Eugene,

Short answer

It depends. My FP is 3 to 4 hours a day.

Long answer

I will expound my answer more.

I see to it, I practiced 3 to 4 hours a day of FP. Mostly I do VOL 2 (not much on VOL 1), my preferences only for the moment (will go to advanced meds soon). I said "it depends" because of; varying of the food I sufficiently taken, if I am not that tired/exhausted, or have time to practice.

My daily routine nowadays. In the morning after I wake up I do

warm-up med # 1

followed by MSW # 2.

I do these, lets say more of a "standard" sifting sand dune speed, like the speed of Sifu Terry does on the vids. Then I eat a little.

In the afternoon/ lunch, I see to it, to eat sufficient nutritious food--that is also easy to digest by my stomach. I usually chew raw ginger after meals. ginger helps to release more bile acid from the gallbladder, that result to digest your food better.

Afternoon. Now since I eaten a powerhouse of energy (sufficient nutritious food)

I can do 2 or more hours, I can do VOL 2, the 3 warm ups and 3 MSW, altogether.

This time I do become fully aware of my movements, being fully engage in the sensations. as you know, as I posted, this will take more time, to finish each and every one of the meds. Now if I still got more time, I will add some vol 1, but I do it quick.

Usually at night I do vol 2, # 1, to tune up my brain. then to be followed by Tantra meditation--minimum is an hour long up to 2 hours max.

This is my "usual" daily routine.

Now I did mention and emphasize sufficient nutritious food, this is very important, for me since. And this is also the one key roles in my practice. And I have found it the hard way that over practicing FP meds is not progressive at all "for me" without proper food to support it. For about a week, I practiced a total of 6 hours a day, I noticed, in-spite of my face getting younger, I was getting older and getting irritated!!. I said to myself this is not right. So I evaluated my practice, what's wrong I asked mentally, then I realized I was over practicing but not getting proper nutrition for support. The moment I eaten properly, and the right amount of FP practice, the blissful feelings and radiance of my face kept back. I perceived things (or my world) in a good feeling state again, like I have a new pair of eyes, I am back I said, now I know what to do. :)

So If I did not eat sufficiently, I won't practice longer hours.

Now if I practice Tantra meds for 4 hours a day and FP is like an hour only, this will surely get me spacey.

Again for not to confuse anyone, this works for me and YMMV.

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1

ShSh, thanks. What is your name? I want to apply to you but not to deities every time when talking to you. :)

As for myself I noticed I eat less. Now I eat in the midday and it is enough for me for the all day. I do not feel hunger for the rest of the day. But only can have few fruits in the evening. But I have proper lunch. Now I avoid meat but eat cheese and eggs.

I have some shaking too. But I think it is because of I still have blockages. I have some heavy spots. In the head, shoulders, back of spine and some in the hips. I think vol.1 and 2 designed such the way to unblock it. Vol. 1 working more with legs. I feel sometime how energy start moving in my buttocks and hips. And vol.2 is more for the brain nourishing and heart, and lower DT.

It is might be what they call cultivation of xing and ming but i only guessing. :)

I have now time for 3 times a day practice. Before did only once for 1 hour 40 mins. I will do FPCK 2 times and will be trying to do both vols.

I decided to add baguazhang practice once a day. water path method by Bruce Frantzis. I think it should help to open the energy gates of the body. :) As it is method for conscious desolving of all blockages. It includes all bagua neikung work.

Sifu Terry mentioned here once that FPCK builds up some very good healing energy which is better digested with solid wushu practice.

Frontal Lobe Activation.

So I digged (dug) just a little. It is apparent that the frontal lobes are being activated by Flying Phoenix, especially in MSW. This is "mostly" noticeable in VOL 2, basic warm-up # 1, MSW # 1 and MSW #2. Though there are other portions of the brain being activated too. I can feel a lot of pressure in my frontal lobes (like my brain being massage inside) when doing those meds I mentioned. (understand I am currently at basic meds, so I can't say what vol 7 can do, but since it is "advanced" we know what to expect ;) )

Frontal lobes is being tied to:

Object Permanence.

Proper Reasoning

Memory

Feel good

Concentration/Focus

Ability to see more of yourself (most people don't really see themselves)

keep us grounded in the present moment.

This should explain, why we are experiencing mental acuity, positive outlook in life, feeling good in general, aside from other benefits.

I thought about this post after I practiced last night. Maybe I didn't notice it before, but certain meditations (I believe BTB and Pearl from volume 1) did seem to cause some sensations in my frontal lobe area. I normally experience this more imprecisely as a general pleasant feeling in the head. I'll report back to let you know if this happens more - perhaps I was just influenced by your post to single out one area more than others.

Edited by alleswasderfallist
  • Like 1

Hey glad you like my response Eugene. You're practicing many things too, I see. Though I don't have kumar's book water method meditation, but I read some good info of how to do it. I think its very good.

Yes I agree that the basic FP meds (Vol 1 and VOL 2), is good for unblocking channels. And yes VOL 2 is good for the brain, I can very much testify about it. On my fist week of practice, my mind become keen. Now (around 2 months) having keen mind is very ordinary for me LOL :)

Eggs is nutritious and easy to digest.

I thought about this post after I practiced last night. Maybe I didn't notice it before, but certain meditations (I believe BTB and Pearl from volume 1) did seem to cause some sensations in my frontal lobe area. I normally experience this more imprecisely as a general pleasant feeling in the head. I'll report back to let you know if this happens more - perhaps I was just influenced by your post to single out one area more than others.

Hi

Just wanted add something.

I just put frontal lobe info.. but I am certain, there are other lobes being activated by FP, especially noticeable through MSW. Doing MSW, I can "literally" feel energy pressure moving in my brain, like having a massage, inside my skull. I mostly notice this on my frontal lobes, but I can also feel my other brain lobes, like in my parietal lobes, temporal lobes, occipital lobes.

At one point I experimented with VOL 2, warm-up # 1 (the seated Monk Gazing at the Moon) for me to see if the hand movements affects the pleasant energy pressure in my head ( me doing MGM, I feel a "waving" pressure energy in my left frontal lobe, and right frontal lobe). I did the 3 breaths, followed by breath percentage with my two hands in MGM posture, then after two minutes, I begun to move my "left and right hands" inward and outward, like Sifu Terry instructed on vol 2 DVD... I felt a pressure in my "left and right frontal lobes" (infact almost always I do feel this by doing MGM). To start the experiment, I only begun to move "just my left hand" (the right hand was kept still, on hold).. I immediately noticed that only my left lobe was only the one being pressurized (cool I said). I kept turning my left hand inward-outward to see if it really does, "consistently" affects my left frontal lobe, until satisfied. After that, I kept still my left hand, then I was turning my right hand instead--as expected the right frontal lobe was being pressurized/activated (while left frontal lobe inactive)

So in conclusion, by doing the hand posture movements, most seemingly move this waving pressure energy in the brain, from lobe to lobe.I think this is what Sifu Terry is calling "washing the brain"

This is just the warm-up med, it's not even MSW--where you can feel more of internal energy movements in your brain, and to activated other lobes as well, (not just frontal lobes) .

Flying Phoenix and whole brain activation? :)

Edited by ShivaShakti
  • Like 1