Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Dear Sifu Terry,

I am really impressed with your dedication and patience to reply everyone on TB forum and for your vast knowledge of internal arts and martial arts. Kudos to you and your work.

Inspired by you I have obtained your first DVD and practiced for a two weeks now and I am truly amazed. Really really fantastic system, production and your explanations. I have few questions regarding this system and internal art globally.

1. In one of your previous comments you said: "FP Qigong, as you will find out, is a different system of Qigong, with a different alchemic method (formula) for cultivating its uniquely tangible healing form of energy." I thought that energy is energy and there is one "energetic anatomy" and no matter how you strengthen it it will be strengthened, and that only difference is how much some system form energy in our body in given period of time?

2. I am sorry in advance if I didn't understand you right in your posts that Flying Phoenix is whole medical system but in not whole alchemic/nei gong system. So if people want to further in energy development they should go deeper in Doo Wai practice? What part is missing to be a complete inner system? Are your 7 DVD's the complete FP system?

3. Do you know perhaps what made Grandmaster Doo Wai, Wang Xiangzhai, etc that strong in manifesting and controlling energy and energetic processes? I know a lot of people that are training some forms of qigong every day for 1-3h for 30 years and nothing, and Master Wang just did Zhan Zhuang and he went really in depth of controlling energy. Every individual with those kind of supreme energy control did different style/approach to training and because of that I cannot see any overlap in what they did except meditation and devotion to energy arts :) Furthermore there are some monks who never did any specific cultivation except lots of praying and they had tremendous amounts of energy and healing abilities. Is there something special that person has to develop as ability or make strong some energy structure to start developing those kind of abilities or you just practice daily energy work and meditation and it will come if you have those kind of potentials inside you :)

Best wishes.

Hello Shagrath,

Welcome to the FPCK thread. Thank you for kind compliment about my responsiveness to most questions posted on the thread. As stated before, it's easy and a joy for me to contribute pretty freely to this discussion thread because the FP Qigong art as published in the DVD series is a purely healing art, and I don't have to worry about disclosing yogic knowledge that be misused--for that, of course, has its consequences.

I'm glad that you've already experienced the profound energizing effects of the FP Qigong. The experience will only enlarge and deepen with more practice. And I'm glad that you are taking the time to read this long thread to solidify your understanding of FP Qigong practice and absorb the foreshadowing clues that I've given as to how the complete FPCK system works. I will answer your questions below in bold italics:

1. In one of your previous comments you said: "FP Qigong, as you will find out, is a different system of Qigong, with a different alchemic method (formula) for cultivating its uniquely tangible healing form of energy." I thought that energy is energy and there is one "energetic anatomy" and no matter how you strengthen it it will be strengthened, and that only difference is how much some system form energy in our body in given period of time?

In Chinese energy arts--and also in Tibetan and I believe Indian yogas--there are different Qigong methods that cultivate different types or what I call "flavors" of energy. There are basic and generic Qigong exercises that cultivates and elevates the level of the body's intrinsic energy, but every complete and authentic Qigong and Neigung system that I have learned or seen demonstrated at a high level indicates that there are many distinct types of internal energy that can developed by the human organism. (btw, you've just caused me to expand the intro section in my forthcoming book about the FP healing energy in contrast to other energies cultivated by Chinese arts.) FPCK cultivates a rare powerful healing energy that is one-of-a-kind. As described at various points in the thread, the FP healing energy when properly cultivated to a super-abundant reserve level--with only 2 or 3 years of diligent practice--will not only heal and empower yourself, but others in your proximity that you care about, and be visible a bright and flourescent blue aura.

2. I am sorry in advance if I didn't understand you right in your posts that Flying Phoenix is whole medical system but in not whole alchemic/nei gong system. So if people want to further in energy development they should go deeper in Doo Wai practice? What part is missing to be a complete inner system? Are your 7 DVD's the complete FP system?

Very good timing for this question!!! --more evidence that the Tao works in mysterious ways:

Answer: The Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Meditation system is a complete system of Qigong. The Basic Level of FP Qigong that is taught in my DVD series Vols. 1-5 and Vol.7 cultivates the distinctive FP Healing Chi. There are also 16 more seated Monk Serves Wine meditations in the FP system that have not been published. The only function and effect of this particular and tangibly distinctive FP Chi is healing. It cannot be used for martial effect--at least not easily.

Confession: For the first 3 years of this thread, I stated that the FP Chi Kung system is purely a medical qigong system in order to attract mostly those interested in health, healing, longevity and (possibly for some) spiritual awakening through the practice of this system of Qigong. That was a white lie. For the FP Qigong can indeed be used for martial art-- but that comes only with the practice of the Advanced Level of the Flying Phoenix system, consisting of 9 standing moving meditations. The Adv. FP training is super-integrative and cultivates a strong martial-type of energy that is totally different in feel from the purely healing energy cultivated by the Level One FP system. To me, the Adv. FP exercises seem like a totally different art altogether. But Adv.FP does build on the healing energy cultivated by the Basic Level of the FP. For I recall that when I learned the 9 Advanced FP Meditations, I did only the movements without the breathing sequences for more than 2 months, during which time l felt like my brain and every nerve ending was being "cooked" as a result of performing just the postures and movements--without the breathing formulas.

Your question has good timing: I just posted yesterday and today two demo clips of Advanced FP Qigong:

• Fifth Meditation:

• Ninth Meditation:

**if you watch the video closely in full screen mode, you might be able to see the FP energy aura that I've described (at the end of Adv.FP No.5). Not seen as blue when outdoors, however.

3. Do you know perhaps what made Grandmaster Doo Wai, Wang Xiangzhai, etc that strong in manifesting and controlling energy and energetic processes? I know a lot of people that are training some forms of qigong every day for 1-3h for 30 years and nothing, and Master Wang just did Zhan Zhuang and he went really in depth of controlling energy. Every individual with those kind of supreme energy control did different style/approach to training and because of that I cannot see any overlap in what they did except meditation and devotion to energy arts :) Furthermore there are some monks who never did any specific cultivation except lots of praying and they had tremendous amounts of energy and healing abilities. Is there something special that person has to develop as ability or make strong some energy structure to start developing those kind of abilities or you just practice daily energy work and meditation and it will come if you have those kind of potentials inside you :)

Answer: what makes high-level Tai Chi, Kung-Fu, and Qigong masters supremely "strong" in manifesting and controlling energy is a function of: (1) natural ability (the least important), (2) their past karma in terms of yogic attainment and spiritual evolution, (3) present ability to work hard (very important), and (3) having received the correct teaching (--which is absolutely the most important element).

Case and point: Master Wang's high skill manifested through his zhan-zhuang is the fruit of having received complete and correct teaching from his teacher.

As Cheng Man-Ching explained: hard work will make up for lack of natural talent or a lack of "aptitude" for Tai Chi (or any energy art), but without correct teaching of the true art, one has nothing. Nothing to work with. Hence 30 years of practicing fragments of a broken tradition will not get you very far. Or 30 years of practicing the pedestrian level, generic qigong exercises published by the PRC in tens of millions of pamphlets starting in the 1970s and regurgitated by entrepeneurial western self-proclaimed "masters" will also get the average person close to nowhere. In this new year, we shall call a spade a spade: if one is practicing a qigong exercise for 30 years, as you described, and has not experienced profound health benefits and growth in every dimension, either one has not learned correctly, or one is practicing what I call "downstream flotsam"--i.e, something far from the Truth.

Tai Chi Chuan and complete systems of Kung Fu and Qigong are high arts. They contain the secrets of the Ages. These secrets are not meted out casually. Acquiring complete knowledge of these ancient alchemic arts and becoming a preserver of them is a challenging life-long endeavor or quest that can extend beyond one incarnation. To acquire correct teaching, one has to get to as close to the source of the knowledge as possible. In the Chinese martial tradition, that means finding the lineage holder of the authentic art. Or the next best thing, his or her senior-most students.

As for monks who demonstrate miraculous metaphysical and healing powers, those skills come through the their spiritual tradition or "channel". Relevant examples of this that I described early in the thread are: the Huashan Taoist tradition of Master Kuan Sai Hung, Tao Tan Pai tradition of the later Master Share Lew, and of course, the Shaolin Temples' Buddhist kung-fu arts. There are also the Maoshan, QingChengshan ("Azure City Mountain") and Wudangshan sects of Taoism--and others-- that practice various forms of spiritualism. Monks and priests of these Taoist traditions are empowered beyond their respective Kung-Fu arts by specific spiritual forces that they were temple-trained to invoke. For a primer on Taoist martial arts and Huashan spiritualism, read Deng Ming-Dao's book about Master Kuan Sai Hung, "The Wandering Taoist"--if you can find a copy.

I don't know if the ancient Taoist traditions such as Master Kuan's Huashan sect are still active. I certainly hope so. I do know that the Tao Tan Pai monastic tradition that dates back to the Tang Dynasty and to its patron/founder Lu Tung Pin (Lu Dongbin) ended after 23 generations with the recent passing of Master Share Lew.

Well, I don't know what possessed or enthused me to answer to this extent, but thanks for asking your questions and I hope this clarifies.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

To FP Qigong practitioners and thread followers:

In case you didn't find it in my most recent post to Shagrath, I have just posted two new videos on my Youtube channel showing Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations:

Meditation No.9

Meditation No.5

A couple more may be coming. I decided recently to make videos of the Advanced Level of FP Qigong and post some of them now to show that there is a powerful Advanced Level practice beyond the Basic FP Qigong taught in the 6 volumes of my Chi Kung For Health dvd series. These two FP exercises are so powerful that even without the breathing sequences, one will undergo a very positive internal energy re-organization and "enhancement" by just doing the movements correctly. But if you don't have the foundation of Level One Flying Phoenix fully learned and established and attempt the Advanced FP exercises, you do so at your own risk. You will notice that I shot this footage at sunset, backlit and somewhat dark as a safeguard--so that only the dedicated, self-aware and accomplished Qigong practitioner will be able to "see" all the forms and practice them beneficially.

The Advanced FP Qigong takes the Basic Level of Flying Phoenix Qigong across the threshold of martial art. --Not just martial art, but as Sifu Garry Hearfield and I agree upon: Advanced FP is a spiritual martial art. Hence you will not be seeing a DVD by me released anytime in the future containing demonstrations of the nine Advanced FP meditations accompanied by the matching breath-control sequence for each one. Interested students who can demonstrate proficiency in the Level One FP art--including healing with the FP energy-- are welcome to come see me in Los Angeles to see if they're ready to learn the Advanced Level of FP.

Enjoy.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Sifu Terry -

Your last posts that include additional information about FP Advanced practices including the two videos are really outstanding for those of us practicing the system.

They are informative and motivating, and we are all very grateful that you have decided to share this information.

Deep bow,

Fu_dog

• Like 1

Sifu Terry, thanks for the broad answer. But could you elaborate it once again please if FPCCM on Vol. 1-7 is complete system without these advanced meditations you just have mentioned? By the way there is one online shop where Levels 2 and 3 of FPCCM can be purchased and represented by GM Doo Wai.

So I really enjoy practicing FPC but I have less motivation to practice FPC knowing that I will not be able to receive advanced FPCCM levels as it is very huge challenge personally for me even to get US visa. So I will think if I should continue practicing FPCCM or comitte to another chi kung system where full transmission will be possible.

Also I want to ask Sifu Terry when is the Vol. 6 will be available again. As far as I know there are meditations for martial arts application. How is it important for the FPC energy cultivation if I am practicing another MA nei kung system? Is vol. 6 sort of must have addition to the FPC system and must not be practiced for the FP energy cultivation? I want to buy those volumes which I don't have yet and I wonder how long will I have to wait and if one must have vol. 6 or not. And I believe that one who can not see you in person can get FP level 2 (Sifu Terry released level 1 only on his DVDs) meditations represented by GM Doo Wai. Anyway I want to continue practicing FP system even if I am not able to meet Sifu Terry. I think it will be good anyway for the self-healing and longevity and energy cultivation. I want to practice some another chi kung in addition to FP system. I think of yigong by Jenny Lamb which is complete she says. And internal wushu which is complete system too. This should be pretty enough for the personal spiritual development. I would be happy to practice BFP or BMP kung fu but I do not believe much that it is good idea practicing it without teacher who you can see often. I hope Sifu Terry is going to come to the UK this year again. It would be very good to meet him and to practice FP in a group.

Edited by Eugene

Dear Dunn Sifu,

I have watch the clips and I feel the same when I did the FP in the past. It is really different emission of energy.

I felt the resonation of this energy which is for me a sort of coolness which is not cold and flowing while the body is warm.

This presentation give me a flow of this energy run into the hands but also great expansion even just from looking.

I really dont know what happens if one exercise them and then with breathing percentages. But well it is performed by someone who exercise it 20 years who has the foundation of it.

Q

Dear Friend "Q",

Thank you for your report of the effect that the movements of the recently posted Adv. Flying Phoenix Meditations #5 and #9 have had on you. If you have practiced the Basic Level FP Qigong well, then the Advanced Exercises can induce energy changes just by watching them. One can practice the Adv. Flying Phoenix meditations to good effect--even without the breathing sequences--just based on the energy body (reserve) cultivated by the Basic Level of FP practice.

Best Regards,

Sifu Terry

Thanks Sifu Terry.

The advanced FP is getting exciting! :) I hope someone can learn them and report back.

---

For the time being, (until my DVDs arrive) I have been practicing GM Doo Wai youtube clip, for 5 days now. and I noticed involuntary bodily movement and energizing effect. I do it on standing and sitting. But when on sitting position, I do it for like 40 minutes, I just feel the energy, just being aware of the relaxing energy.

Also, I noticed that my mind is getting sharper and also having keen sense.

Edited by ShivaShakti

Hi Sifu Terry and the rest of the flying phoenix community. I have been away from taobums for about two years. I started to learn the flying phoenix system in 2010 and had some private lessons with Sifu Dunn three years ago. Initially, I started learning the basics doing MHP, MATM, MHP, MBB, and disc five. I stopped doing the flying phoenix after 5months due to the intense pain from the vibrations that it caused in my lower spine. I initially came to qigong to find a cure for my degenerative disc in my lower back. I started to learn another qigong system and did it for about two years. It's interesting that lately I have been thinking about the flying phoenix system again. My back has been feeling better doing core exercises and baguazhang. I realized that my core needed to be stronger physically before doing any qigong. Recently, I saw on facebook Sifu Dunn post the message about the advanced flying phoenix systems and how it could be used for martial arts purposes. This got me thinking about the flying phoenix system again. I did parts of the first dvd today.

I started MHP, MHP, AND MHP. Initially, I felt the energy quite a bit just from doing Monk hold pearl. The vibrations had me doing back bends quite often. Also, the vibration energy was quite strong and I felt a little dizzy. I forgot how strong the energy can be from this system. Afterwards, I energized and good for the rest of the day. One question I had was, what is the vibration movements that this system produces? (is this the qi circulating in the body to clear any blockages and move in the meridian systems?)

I did another round of MHP today and fell asleep afterwards. I guess this is my body telling me to rest and get some sleep. I work a lot and don't sleep often. I think the breathing patterns are amazing in this system and even if the mind wanders, no damage can come to the practitioner. I have study other systems where I was forewarned to be careful of my thoughts because it could hurt you in the long run. I will continue my training and see what happens. I remember first coming on here with only 10 pages and now it's up to 98. Shows you how effective this system is and I like the fact that its part of a martial arts system.

Mark

• Like 1

Has anyone fell asleep while in the positions? I am on day 2 and I think what's happening is, when I do the standing monk holding pearl I fall asleep during the meditation. Is this bad when it happens?

Thank you very much Sifu Terry for answering me in such a depth. I appreciate it a lot.

The summary would be:

1. find a complete authentic system with good tradition

2. find a great source of intact knowledge

3. practice diligently

4. become the "channel" of powers/gifts that that traditions awakens

Next to great Buddhist and Taoists healers there are also a Christianity healers too. So that would mean that e.g. healing powers do not manifest them self just from practicing some authentic system with correct teachings, rather through diligent practice, deep commitment to authentic system, "cleaned" karma and development of consciousness.

Best wishes,

Shagrath

PS: Your new videos are awesome!

Edited by Shagrath

Sifu Terry,

Thank you so much for taking the time you have over the years answering questions in this thread. I learned of your Flying Phoenix DVDs completely by accident when finding TTB by looking for information on other Qigong DVDs I was considering. I am doing FPCK now solely because of this thread (getting the first two volumes as birthday presents after revealing I was considering it didn't hurt either :D ). What I've learned here has been invaluable. I started taking notes on page 60 and now wish I started sooner. I've gone through it slowly over the last 3 weeks and have been completely blown away.

Thus far I have practiced FP for 8 of the last 11 days, with the first 5 days of practice being only following along with the DVDs. The results have been nothing short of unbelievable. The energy generated is unmistakable and very noticeable. It is absolutely a different type of energy one has to experience to identify. It's impossible to deny a remarkable increase in my physical stamina. I do 1000 men suburi everyday which typically lead to enough fatigue in my arms or shoulders to require me to stop and breathe and/or massage something between my shoulder and hand a few times before finishing. A week ago I got through it without stopping and felt like I normally do around 300, but had no idea why. Stamina has also been greatly increased in my yoga practice. It used to take me ~80 minutes to do a 65 minute routine with added breaks to catch my breath. I suddenly started getting through in under 70 with no explanation. This from a guy needing to lose 100 pounds of fat so I'm not exactly a prime physical specimen. It took me a few days to notice that going through the FP meditations on vol.1 was the only thing that changed. To say that I'm sold is an understatement.

Unfortunately, I am the type that realizes the more I know, the more I know I don't know, which has lead to a question or twenty, so I am hoping to be the next to impose on your generosity.

I find the speed you go through everything on the DVDs to be very fast compared to how my body naturally wants to do them. I get between 1 and 2 repetitions in the time you do three on the DVD, so I thought I was doing well for a beginner until I saw you say that 12 breaths would be a good place to start on BTB and Wind Above the Clouds. I barely get 12 breaths in if I focus on it, but I do take long breaths. My shortest breath is 15 seconds. As a point of comparison doing BTB 18 times or each of the MSW from vol.2 7 times takes me a little over an hour. Do I need to slow down more?

Due to the amount of time BTB takes, I don't have the time to do 18 everyday at the speed my body naturally wants to do it, although it is my second favorite meditation thus far (second to Wind Above the Clouds) so I want to continue doing it. When pressed for time is it better to do 18 repetitions quickly (in the sense that we're still talking 40 minutes) or fewer reps slowly?

When I started doing BTB I only did the breath control sequence once until I read this thread, but seemed to get better results from doing it wrong. By staying it in, the energy continued to build on itself and increase with 18 BTBs being done in one fluid sequence. I do not notice the same effect when doing the breath control sequence between each one. Should I still do the breath control sequence each time? You're the expert, I'll take your word for it either way, it just really struck me as odd when I experienced something that appears to be contrary to how it's supposed to work. Somewhat related, when bringing my hands up to MGAM during BTB I can see a strong blast of blue light through my third eye. Once I'd swear I saw a Silverlight Phoenix fly in front of it. Is there a problem with staying there intentionally for a little while longer than BTB calls for to enjoy the energy?

Also in BTB, when doing the breath control sequence starting from the third or forth repetition my hips will swing and draw an infinity sign if I don't consciously stop them. Is this bad? Should I let them or stop them?

How many repetitions of Wind Above the Clouds should be done? I've been doing 7, should it be 18?

Due to time constraints I will play music similar in style to what you have on your DVDs to keep track of time in the standing meditations to make sure I don't go too deep and let an hour or more pass by (this has been a valid concern with meditation in the past, sometimes I don't feel any difference between 3 minutes and 60). Will this cause problems? I know you said it would be better not to have music on if you can avoid it (and from my experience trying it I agree with you for what it's worth), however can't use "but I was Monk Holding the Pearl" as an excuse to be late for work. On the bright side, they probably haven't heard that one before.

At what point has one learned FP enough to start exploring other forms of Qigong? Is it more of a judgment call? I'm sure I could continue with these meditations for the next 10 years and still discover new things in them.

Last one (for now) I promise. I've felt drawn to the Tai Chi Ruler and Jian and am considering adding one of them to my routine. It wouldn't be daily, probably a few times a week. My experience with Tai Chi is casual, having played with a few tapes and DVDs I got from the library over the years. Realistically I'm not going to learn the Yang Long Form before taking up either of those if it's necessary; that amount of effort is better spent with FP right now. Would either/neither compliment FP?

Sorry again for being such a nuisance. If you're ever in the Columbus, OH area I'll brew you some Golden Monkey as an apology (or buy you a beer if you prefer).

• Like 2

Hi, Suburi. Thanks for sharing you experience. May I ask you few questions?

How many repetitions of breath sequence you do?

How many BTB repetitions? 18 before breath and 18 after or 9+9?

I have been doing FP chi kung for a month now constantly (I missed only one day of practice) for 2-3 hours every day. And I have no any special results like you describe here only doing it for couple of weeks. I want to understand what I am doing wrong. I am in very good physical form with good stamina and many people here got good results being overweighted and with bad stamina. Looks like it is working better for the overweighted people. Should I eat more and get few more kilos? But may be what I was doing wrong I splitted vol. 1 and 2 and did them separately and only last few days I am doing them both together. It takes me about 60 mins for the vol.1 and some 40 for the 3 initial meds + 1 or 2 MSW from vol.2. May be I have to do all 6 meds from vol.2 together.

I'm happy to help however I can, although I'm not sure I've been doing this long enough to start giving out advice. I am definitely at a point where every bit of progress only shows how much more I have to learn.

Once I stopped following with the DVDs I did the breath sequence once at the beginning of every meditation. Do the breath sequence once, then MGAM. Breath sequence once, then BTB. This was the same for all meditations on the first two DVDs. For BTB I did the breath sequence once and then 18 repetitions time permitting. When crunched for time it gets cut down to 7. I am now doing breath sequence, one rep of BTB, breath sequence, one rep of BTB until I hear something different from Sifu Terry.

I may not be the best measuring stick to compare yourself to, as there are a lot of things in my background that make me different from most people. For one, I have been deeply involved in the occult for years, and have what normal people would call psychic and magick powers. The truth is there's nothing special about it, barring some kind of serious mental problem anyone can do it, but it gives me advantages many people won't have. In a way Sifu Terry gained a lot of credibility with me by intelligently discussing Crowley's writings much earlier in the thread, even if I think he tends to be overrated by most people. Occultists are very much like kung fu masters in the sense that those who are truly powerful don't make grand displays of themselves and don't want the levels of attention Crowley actively pursued. You don't see GM Doo Wai proclaiming himself the greatest martial artist of all time to anyone who will listen.

Although the specific FP energy is new and different to anything else I've experienced, I am not at all new to generating, manipulating or alchemizing chi. In addition, I firmly believe there is a 1+1+1=15 effect going on with me between FP, my men suburi and yoga (doing DDP Yoga if it matters, so it's all physical and zero spiritual). I'm not claiming to be a 1 in a billion genius when it comes to this stuff. I was using DDP's old program for months and spinning my wheels not making much progress, ended up getting the new DVDs and when combined with the other things I'm doing saw myself making progress I couldn't believe or explain. My half lotus now gets better literally every single time I do the hip workout on his extreme DVDs.

I don't think splitting what you do it wrong. Sifu Terry said to do the standing meditations during the day and seated meditations during the evening, at one point I think recommending picking 3 standing and 2 or 3 sitting (I didn't put it in my notes since I'm doing more than that). You should not eat more, that is not going to help you. I can tell you without question the amount of fat I have on my body is a huge impediment holding me back. Chi does not flow through fat well. I do have a theory for why people who are overweight might be noticing the energy faster. People who are overweight (generally) tend to process things in a kinesthetic way (as opposed to primarily processing through sound or sight). They tend to appreciate the sensations of good food more than others, and a result eat more than is necessary or others would because they don't get the same satisfaction from it. This is 100% true in my case, there is no one to blame for my weight but myself liking the taste of good food. (This of course does not apply to people who don't think fast food is an oxymoron, or primarily indulge in foods equally unhealthy on several levels). I am going somewhere with this, I promise. That heightened sensitivity or appreciation that leads one toward eating for pleasure is utilizing the same type of sensitivity needed to recognize and process chi. It's not exactly the same thing, but from personal experience they're in the same realm. It's not as much of a transition. Thus far I've found that doing FP actually lessens physical hungers (because the body is getting the energy it needs from FP is my current hypothesis) which might help to explain why some people are experiencing weight loss without otherwise defined exercise routines or changes in diet.

To be honest I started forcing myself to do the MSW after reading that it helps stop/reverse the aging process. I feel considerably more chi being generated in all of the standing meditations and was going to skip them for the time being. I get where your disconnect is but I'm not sure what to recommend other than meditation or studying martial arts as both have been known to get people in tune with these senses. It's like trying to explain how I talk. I just talk. Developyourenergy.net has a Qigong course designed to open your third eye, that might help. I should note that I haven't purchased anything from them so I have no idea if it's any good or not, but the theory behind what it claims to accomplish should help you feel the energy you are generating. Whether or not you feel it you are getting the benefits if you do the meditations properly. As far as I can tell there's no way not to get the benefits unless you're doing it wrong.

Once I stopped following with the DVDs I did the breath sequence once at the beginning of every meditation. Do the breath sequence once, then MGAM. Breath sequence once, then BTB. This was the same for all meditations on the first two DVDs. For BTB I did the breath sequence once and then 18 repetitions time permitting. When crunched for time it gets cut down to 7. I am now doing breath sequence, one rep of BTB, breath sequence, one rep of BTB until I hear something different from Sifu Terry.

Hmm, on the DVD Sifu Terry says to do BTB and AFTER breath sequence and AFTER few reps of BTB. And that's how I am doing. I do only one breath for each med. I do 9 reps of BTB + breath + 9 reps of BTB.

I may not be the best measuring stick to compare yourself to, as there are a lot of things in my background that make me different from most people. For one, I have been deeply involved in the occult for years, and have what normal people would call psychic and magick powers. The truth is there's nothing special about it, barring some kind of serious mental problem anyone can do it, but it gives me advantages many people won't have.

Now I see. All people different. No point to compare. Thanks again for sharing

I think I know the answer to this but I am compelled to ask.

I have been going Vol 1 or Vol 2 everyday for the past 3 months. Some days I do both, maybe once a week.

I sometimes, have to take a break between the seated for a minute or two and stretch my back as I get a muscle pain close to my spine about T10 & T12 on the right side and it is very distracting from the meditation.

I also have developed a pain in my left shoulder, bicipital tendon is tender and causes a click or sorness when reaching up and some discomfort in my left hip joint or SI joint.

I am not aware that I did anything to cause this but think it is old stuff working it’s way out.

I also considered that I am just falling apart at 62. :(

No, I’m not buying that one. :D

I can still squat on my heals, 20 pushups & 100 crunches, touch my palms to the floor with no effort, yoga pigeon pose. So it can’t be getting old.

Must be old stuff clearing out. Anyone else confirm this sort of thing?

• Like 1

Hi Ruthless,

I am going through the same types of aches and pain like you are. I initially started flying phoenix qigong in 2010 and the vibration plus moving meditations caused a lot of pain for me. I have some injuries in my spine and neck area starting from my l5-s1 to the upper thoracic and neck area. I stopped doing the flying phoenix because of the pain and recently started again. The aches and pains are starting to return again with doing the qigong and movements. Additionally, I've begun to get more tired since starting this qigong again. I know my body has some ailments and blockages which I think the flying phoenix is clearing out. I guess the fatigue is part of the cleaning out process.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to this site, but I'm now in my eighth month of Flying Phoenix Practice. After benefiting so much from this system, the least I could do is join the forum and share some of my experiences!

I find this practice truly amazing, but in a normal way. I say normal because the results I have seen have been consistent, tangible, and practical in my daily life. Some of the other members' spiritual experiences have been riveting to read about (though I haven't made it through all 99 pages yet), but I haven't been blessed with any experience of such order. I have to admit that when I first started Flying Phoenix, that's the kind of thing I was looking for. But I can say with confidence now that even if I don't receive any celestial visitations or experience the Blue Light Sifu Terry has been talking about, I'll be 100% content to keep practicing as I have been.

Here is a list of some of the ways Flying Phoenix Qigong has helped me, in a roughly chronological order:

1. Sleep Regulation: I had suffered from very irregular sleep for as long as I could remember, which was diagnosed as borderline insomnia. My sleep was at its worst in college, when I'd average around 4 - 5 hours a night, with at least one night a week of no sleep. Sometimes I'd just medicate myself with alcohol and other drugs. After practicing FP for a few weeks, my sleep began to improve. Within two months or so, I was sleeping eight hours a night. Truly incredible.
  2. Improved Digestion: I've been a very conscientious eater for the last 3 or 4 years, usually sticking to a strict Paleo Diet. During times that my diet was too difficult to follow (when I lived in China, for example), I enjoyed food to the fullest (difficult not to do in Sichuan :D ) and often felt the after effects to the fullest. Well, I spent a few months in Germany recently, during which time I regularly did 30 minutes to an hour of FPCK a day. I began my time dieting strictly, and stopped at some point, expecting calamity in my stomach. But to my surprise, the good digestion I was noticing carried over quite naturally - something that definitely didn't happen the previous time I was in Germany.
  3. More Energy: This seems to be a universal experience here, so I won't go into it.
  4. Hair Regrowth: According to Ayurveda, I'm a Pitta, or fire-dominant individual. Like most pittas, I've experienced some degree of hair loss, though I can't complain too much, since I still have a full head of hair. It had been worrying me, however, since the rate seemed to be increasing. I finally went to an acupuncturist, which helped, but when I stopped going it stopped helping. I stopped thinking about it for a while, during which time I did FPCK very regularly. Now the effects are unmistakable; I am losing far less hair, if any at all. I see new hairs growing as well. I feel like I'm at an interesting borderline in my practice: I can actually notice the strength of my hair and the number of hairs that fall out with combings, showers, etc correlating with the amount I practice. This is quite motivating.
  5. Emotions, Awareness, etc: I'm lumping these together since I don't have the knowledge to analyze these different aspects of the psyche separately. Being abroad for a few months gave me a chance to practice away from the persons who make up my usual social circle. As I said, I'm a Pitta, which means I tend to have fiery and intense emotions, anger being one of my biggest faults. After coming home to the US with some practice under my belt, I began to realize how unnecessary my anger was. This is one reason I called the practice normal; I didn't have to suppress these feelings, I just began to understand things in a way that non-angry people do. Still have some work to do, though!
  6. Meditation: Before I started FPCK I was doing Yantra Yoga from a DVD for a while. I'd also done about a year of various Tibetan Dzogchen practices, like Tsa Lung and Nine Breathings of Purification. The latter two really helped me, but now I know that the yoga was a little over my head. I stopped Yantra Yoga and Tibetan practices recently and began focusing more on FP and zazen. I'd done a bit of Zazen before, but now it is a very new experience for me. Meditating is just so much more enjoyable now with a little bit of FP under my belt. I do volumes 1 and 2 of FP, and practicing has become the highlight of my day. Sometimes I feel like I'm being massaged from the inside out. :)

I could say more, but I'd probably be preaching to the choir. I want to thank you all for offering your experiences, and of course my biggest thank you is to Sifu Terry for his dedication to his students and his art. Hope to read more from you all soon!

- David

Edited by alleswasderfallist

Suburi -

Thanks for your posts discussing your experience with Flying Phoenix. You're getting nice results in a relatively short period of time.

Regarding BTB, you only do the entire breath sequence only once at the beginning of the exercise. In other words, do the breath sequence, then do all of the repetitions of BTB that you wish to do between 7 and 18 reps, then do three deep breaths to finish. Sounds like you were doing it that way at first....and that is the correct way to do not only BTB but all Flying Phoenix exercises.

Hope this helps,

Lloyd

• Like 2

Eugene - yes, this is correct.

According to Sifu Terry the breath sequence is done only once at the very beginning of each Flying Phoenix exercise. I spent some time with Sifu Terry in Los Angeles and I can confirm this is the way to go.

On his DVD's for each exercise Sifu Terry first teaches the movements. Then he teaches the breath sequence. Then he demonstrates the complete FP exercise starting with the breath sequence followed by the movements. Showing the breath sequence after demonstrating the movements is simply Sifu's way of teaching.

So again, for each exercise do the complete breath sequence one time at the beginning, followed by the movements, finishing with three deep breaths. That is the correct way, and this will give you great results!

All the best,

Lloyd

• Like 2