Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sifu Terry -

I have a question on posture while doing standing FP exercises and also to a lesser degree seated exercises: How does Flying Phoenix posture compare to tai chi posture? (We know the breathing is *completely* different).

In particular, in tai chi I was taught to maintain "thee bows" or rounded positions. One bow is fingertip to fingertip, i.e., the arms and chest area. A second bow is ankle to ankle, i.e., the legs. And the third bow is torso, i.e., tuck the tailbone to open the mingmen. To what degree does the standing FP postures adhere to these "three bows"?

A second question would be the concept of rootedness. To what degree does rootedness apply to Flying Phoenix?

Third question: In Flying Phoenix does one ever lock the elbows or knees? Or should a slight bend be maintained even with a straightened arm or leg?

Thanks in advance,

Lloyd

Sifu Terry -

I have a question on posture while doing standing FP exercises and also to a lesser degree seated exercises: How does Flying Phoenix posture compare to tai chi posture? (We know the breathing is *completely* different).

In particular, in tai chi I was taught to maintain "thee bows" or rounded positions. One bow is fingertip to fingertip, i.e., the arms and chest area. A second bow is ankle to ankle, i.e., the legs. And the third bow is torso, i.e., tuck the tailbone to open the mingmen. To what degree does the standing FP postures adhere to these "three bows"?

A second question would be the concept of rootedness. To what degree does rootedness apply to Flying Phoenix?

Third question: In Flying Phoenix does one ever lock the elbows or knees? Or should a slight bend be maintained even with a straightened arm or leg?

Thanks in advance,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Only the very basic principles of Tai Chi form--complete relaxation, shifting the weight, turning the waist, back straight, chest empty and relaxed--can apply to Flying Phoenix Qigong--except for the fact that the placement of the feet slightly turned-out in Flying Phoenix Chi Kung (what GM Doo Wai described as a "frog" stance) is different from the foot placement in the Wu-chi posture of Tai Chi. But the oral teachings and mnemonics found in the Tai Chi classics are not applicable to Flying Phoenix Qigong practice--because those are methods for mustering and moving the internal energy (jing)for martial art, and are not necessary for cultivating the Flying Phoenix Healing Chi. And of course, FP Chi Kung moves at a speed more than 3x slower than typical Tai Chi form speed (such as that speed of movement that completes the 108 posture Yang Long Form in approximately 20 minutes.

The "three bows" that you mentioned occurring in your Tai Chi training are described in different terms in Flying Phoenix but in general, the shape-form and relaxed comportment of the body in Tai Chi is very similar to the shape-form and relaxed comportment found in FP practice. e.g., in FP and BFP Form practice, we tuck in the sacrum as in Tai Chi, but we don't explain it as opening the mingmen because Flying Phoenix doesn't use acupuncture/meridian theory at all.

Because Tai Chi is a complete martial art whereas Flying Phoenix is a system of medical qigong that's an integral part of the Bok Fu Pai internal martial art system, and out of respect each tradition, except for perhaps the name, "Wu-chi" (which I use in teaching), we don't typically use Tai Chi terminology in Flying Phoenix training. Throughout Bok Fu Pai and FP training, there are (Cantonese) "terms of art" and idioms that are not found in Tai Chi or other styles of Qigong or Kung Fu.

I have been practicing Tai Chi Chuan since 1980 and started learning FP Qigong in 1991 after I met GM Doo Wai. and because of my long standing practice and love of Tai Chi, I took to Flying Phoenix like a kid to cotton candy because the later, more advanced forms "Moonbeam Splashes on Water" (in Vol.3) and the FP Long Standing Meditation (Vol.4) move slowly and fluidly like Tai Chi Form practice--only FP is 3x slower.

Regarding "rootedness": this term is not applicable to FP training except perhaps for the aspect of relaxation that is essential for "rooting".

Answer to your last question: No, we generally do NOT lock the knees when we practice FP Qigong. But as you know, in the Flying Phoenix basic standing meditation called "Monk Holding Peach," the knees are locked with the feet spread 2 shoulder-widths apart with toes pointing outward in approx. 45 degree angles.

In the basic standing and seated FP meditations, the elbows are never locked and the arms are never held perfectly straight with tension.

I hope this helps.

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Thanks Sifu Terry!

Great job of comparing and contrasting Flying Phoenix to tai chi with a good deal of detail, especially in relation to the aspects of my three questions. Those are distinctions that are very helpful to those doing "distance learning" of the Flying Phoenix art.

I had thought about Monk Hold Peach before I asked about locking knees/elbows, however, I thought the question was worthwhile in general, so I am appreciative for your answer.

I believe perhaps the most important point you made (and I can vouch for it by experience) is that tai chi and Flying Phoenix cultivate two very different forms of energy. The FP energy is subtle, tremendously healing and IMO quite special.

Again, thanks for your continued support of this thread.

Lloyd

Looking forward for reading the book sifu Terry. Many thanks for your effort.

I have been following this tread constantly but didn't get to practice FPCK much.

I restarted recently with a much differnt approach. Less goal oriented and as much as I can fit

in the time I have (quiet and secluded).

In one of your posts you suggested a breath count per arm movement for Bending the Bow. Any similar sugestion for Wind Above the Clouds?

BTW, since I restarted I am counting the breaths during all meditations. It makes me less interested on

known for how long I've been doing the med and keeps the mind from wandering.

I'll be happy to post here as I go along.

Best,

Nic

Hi Nic,

Glad to hear you've found a new approach to doing Flying Phoenix. Just doing the FP Meditations with or without counting the breaths will produce results. But counting breaths per arm movement is helpful in shifting one's mental focus to the present.

You can use the same number of breaths per arm movement in Wind Above the Clouds as I suggested for Bending the Bows--or even slower. I suggested a rate of 10-12 breathes to raise the hands to throat or eye level and the same rate to lower the arms to the side (full downward extension arms) or to the tan tien as a minimum . This is a good rate of movement for beginners. And how slowly a beginner is able to move of course depends on a number of variables: overall cardiovascular fitness, muscular flexibility, the level of tension in the body, the ability to relax the body, natural good form (yes, some folks have that), power of concentration, etc.

For experienced practitioners in their 2nd or 3rd year, it would be even more beneficial to perform the movements at a rate of 18-20 breathes per arm movement. But for beginners, I would suggest 10-12 breathes for each raising and lowering of the arms. That means that each repetition of Bending the Bows would take 40 to 48 breathes.

To lend perspective on how slowly one can perform the FP Meditations: there are several standing meditations in the Bok Fu Pai system known as 10,000 Buddhas Meditation that involve only 2 simple movements (one up to heart level, one down from heart to tan tien)--and each repetition of 2 movements is done in a minimum time of five minutes!

Again, I suggest 10 to 12 breathes per arm movement as a target speed for beginners to approach all the basic standing FP Meditations. Once one has accomplished moving relaxedly at this speed and begins cultivating the reserve of tangible FP healing energy, practice speed can vary depending on the factors mentioned above.

Thanks for your question.

Keep us posted of your progress.

Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Hi Nic,

Glad to hear you've found a new approach to doing Flying Phoenix. Just doing the FP Meditations with or without counting the breaths will produce results. But counting breaths per arm movement is helpful in shifting one's mental focus to the present.

You can use the same number of breaths per arm movement in Wind Above the Clouds as I suggested for Bending the Bows--or even slower. I suggested a rate of 10-12 breathes to raise the hands to throat or eye level and the same rate to lower the arms to the side (full downward extension arms) or to the tan tien as a minimum . This is a good rate of movement for beginners. And how slowly a beginner is able to move of course depends on a number of variables: overall cardiovascular fitness, muscular flexibility, the level of tension in the body, the ability to relax the body, natural good form (yes, some folks have that), power of concentration, etc.

For experienced practitioners in their 2nd or 3rd year, it would be even more beneficial to perform the movements at a rate of 18-20 breathes per arm movement. But for beginners, I would suggest 10-12 breathes for each raising and lowering of the arms. That means that each repetition of Bending the Bows would take 40 to 48 breathes.

To lend perspective on how slowly one can perform the FP Meditations: there are several standing meditations in the Bok Fu Pai system known as 10,000 Buddhas Meditation that involve only 2 simple movements (one up to heart level, one down from heart to tan tien)--and each repetition of 2 movements is done in a minimum time of five minutes!

Again, I suggest 10 to 12 breathes per arm movement as a target speed for beginners to approach all the basic standing FP Meditations. Once one has accomplished moving relaxedly at this speed and begins cultivating the reserve of tangible FP healing energy, practice speed can vary depending on the factors mentioned above.

Best,

Sifu Terry

post-84451-133039801558_thumb.jpg

Training tip for (1) a very sound sleep, (2) a highly altered (and usually blissful) state of consciousness (3) reversion of the aging process and its visible signs:

Last night I practiced these 3 seated meditations (each for 7 repetitions) in succession:

90 50 40 30 10

80 70 50 30

50 20 10

This may sound like a bold claim--but it is true: My experience has been that regular correct daily practice of ANY THREE of the seated MSW meditations (Vols. 2 and/or Vol. 7) in succession will impart verifiable signs of rejuvenation of human tissues within several days if not immediately the next morning. Naturally, practicing one or more the Standing FP Meditations as well will make the 3 seated meditation practice even more powerful in its self-healing effects.

Enjoy.

Sifu Terry

P.S. Reminder: DO NOT practice at night the one seated "Monk Serves Wine" Meditation with breathing sequence 90 80 50 20 because this meditation will certainly prevent one from falling asleep.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Training tip for (1) a very sound sleep, (2) a highly altered (and usually blissful) state of consciousness (3) reversion of the aging process and its visible signs:

Last night I practiced these 3 seated meditations (each for 7 repetitions) in succession:

90 50 40 30 10

80 70 50 30

50 20 10

This may sound like a bold claim--but it is true: My experience has been that regular correct daily practice of ANY THREE of the seated MSW meditations (Vols. 2 and/or Vol. 7) in succession will impart verifiable signs of rejuvenation of human tissues within several days if not immediately the next morning. Naturally, practicing one or more the Standing FP Meditations as well will make the 3 seated meditation practice even more powerful in its self-healing effects.

Enjoy.

Sifu Terry

P.S. Reminder: DO NOT practice at night the one seated "Monk Serves Wine" Meditation with breathing sequence 90 80 50 20 because this meditation will certainly prevent one from falling asleep.

Giving this a shot today, for the next week.

I can personally vouch for Sifu's training suggestion of three seated meditations in succession to heal, sleep better and achieve a very special state of consciousness.

A very tangible part is the healing. I can relate my own experience. With a combination of lots of time in the Florida sun when I was younger and my pale Irish American skin I have had problems with keratosis. From the time I was about 50 years old I was visiting my dermatologist 4 times per year to get them removed (my skin seemed to grow them like a petri dish!). It seemed like as soon as I got home from the doctor's office having one set removed, another 4 to 6 would start to grow.

After starting FP, that all changed. Since beginning Flying Phoenix I very rarely get any keratosis and my trips to the doctor have essentially stopped. Even when I do occasionally get one, the practice of Flying Phoenix (at about the rate of three seated per evening as Sifu Terry suggests) causes them to stop growing and eventually disappear! That's about as tangible as it gets for me.

Also, my allergies in the Spring time were considerable for about 10 years. My sinuses stopped up, my eyes itched, I sneezed, etc., and this in turn often morphed into a sinus infection and a trip to the doctor for antibiotics. I never looked forward to Springtime because I knew what was coming. Now, starting my third year of FP, I scarcely have any allergy symptoms! Right now in Florida everything is in bloom, pollen is all over my car, but I have practically no symptoms. This is hard for me to believe, astonishing really, but I am experiencing this first hand with some sense of marvel.

Finally, another benefit is that FP brings one to a state of great calm. I notice a big difference at work when I am getting in a good schedule of FP practice and when I am not. When I am in a good steady routine of FP practice, there is no problem at work that I don't handle with relative ease. This is due to the significant sense of calm that Flying Phoenix provides to the mind. OTOH, when my schedule does not allow a regular practice, these same problems that crop up at work can really get under my skin. The problems are always there, however, my reaction to those problems is significantly calmer when I am in regular practice of FP.

Those are three examples of benefits I've experienced.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

• Like 3

Hi Terry, What an inspiring new year's post. Happy 2012 to you! :)

:D

Great to hear Green Tiger. :)

Edited by zen-bear

It's been about a year since I first started practicing FPCK. I haven't been practicing continually in that year. I spent about seven months practicing the standing meditations and about 4 months practicing the seated meditations. The chi kung I've been doing over the past 4 or 5 months has been good (mostly simple standing and quiet sitting meditations), but I started to feel that I needed to revisit FPCK, so, for the past two weeks I have been practicing the seated meditations every day and the standing meditations about every other day.

The seated meditations have been GREAT! I can really feel the chi flowing now. So much so that it has begun to induce involuntary movements. About five minutes into my seated meditations, my hips with start rocking back and forth and my right shoulder will pop and roll all over the place (especially during the rotation section of first exercise).

The standing exercises have not been as . . . energetic, but I feel that I am learning a lot about my body from them. Monk Holds the Peach as always been one that seems to 'click' with me and it is also the most challenging (maybe that's part of the click?). The first time I did MHP it had a powerful effect on me and, considering how powerful ALL the meditations feel now, I was a little apprehensive about doing MHP. Interestingly, I felt it had the weakest energetic effect on me, but it was also the hardest to relax into. I feel like my hips need to come forward more than they are, but if I try to get them to move forward my feet won't stay flat on the floor.

I'm planning to start doing the standing meditations every day and see what happens.

I'm glad to see that this thread is still active. I hope to soon hear how everyone else's practices are progressing.

Hi Green Tiger, Somehow I missed your posting way back then.

Yes, great to hear of the energizing effects you've had from practice of the Seated FP Meditations. Rocking from the hips, "flapping" of the folded lower leg and knee in the half-lotus position are all normal side effects of practice. As the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy is cultivated and circulated, tension and stress-related body syndromes are slowly--sometimes dramatically--discharged and transformed/expelled.

Tangible energy flowing through the body is only the first beneficial sign of Flying Phoenix Qigong.

Look for the "washing" sensation inside the skull that comes with the seated meditations.

As for the Standing FP Meditations not being as energizing as the Seated Med's: Don't be too quick to discount them...the FP Standing Med's are actually more powerful. It's only a matter of more practice before you experience this fact. The FP Seated Meditations only seem to be more powerful and energizing because they very quickly enable you to feel the FP Healing Energy in the hands, head, torso, spine. But they are NOT more powerful than the Standing FP Meditations.

Continuity of good FP meditation--in both the standing and seated exercises--will yield wonderful health benefits and even more fun as a side effect. As I mentioned very early on in this thread, the more advanced meditations of FP Qigong system as well those in other Bok Fu Pai (White Tiger) internal arts cause dramatic involuntary movements that look like a carnival ride (to the uninitiated outside observer) !

Enjoy,

Sifu Terry

I can personally vouch for Sifu's training suggestion of three seated meditations in succession to heal, sleep better and achieve a very special state of consciousness.

A very tangible part is the healing. I can relate my own experience. With a combination of lots of time in the Florida sun when I was younger and my pale Irish American skin I have had problems with keratosis. From the time I was about 50 years old I was visiting my dermatologist 4 times per year to get them removed (my skin seemed to grow them like a petri dish!). It seemed like as soon as I got home from the doctor's office having one set removed, another 4 to 6 would start to grow.

After starting FP, that all changed. Since beginning Flying Phoenix I very rarely get any keratosis and my trips to the doctor have essentially stopped. Even when I do occasionally get one, the practice of Flying Phoenix (at about the rate of three seated per evening as Sifu Terry suggests) causes them to stop growing and eventually disappear! That's about as tangible as it gets for me.

Also, my allergies in the Spring time were considerable for about 10 years. My sinuses stopped up, my eyes itched, I sneezed, etc., and this in turn often morphed into a sinus infection and a trip to the doctor for antibiotics. I never looked forward to Springtime because I knew what was coming. Now, starting my third year of FP, I scarcely have any allergy symptoms! Right now in Florida everything is in bloom, pollen is all over my car, but I have practically no symptoms. This is hard for me to believe, astonishing really, but I am experiencing this first hand with some sense of marvel.

Finally, another benefit is that FP brings one to a state of great calm. I notice a big difference at work when I am getting in a good schedule of FP practice and when I am not. When I am in a good steady routine of FP practice, there is no problem at work that I don't handle with relative ease. This is due to the significant sense of calm that Flying Phoenix provides to the mind. OTOH, when my schedule does not allow a regular practice, these same problems that crop up at work can really get under my skin. The problems are always there, however, my reaction to those problems is significantly calmer when I am in regular practice of FP.

Those are three examples of benefits I've experienced.

Good practicing!

Fu dog

Hi Fu_Dog,

Thank you for your affirmative account of the benefits you've experienced from doing any three of the Flying Phoenix seated meditations in one session. It's a fact of the Flying Phoenix practice that I discovered a long time ago when I first learned the system, and now that this FPCK discussion thread is going into its third year and practitioners like yourself, Astralogic, Cihan, Malganis, Green_Tiger, ridingtheox, and many others have reported tangible and lasting health benefits, I thought it was now appropriate to disclose this Practice Tip to the discussion thread. It's always better to let practitioners discover on their own how wonderfully the FP Qigong works rather than for me to lay out rigid prescriptions of how to practice.

Calming Effect: Thanks for your personal report on this key and far-reaching benefit. The deeply calming, meditative effects (quiescence) of the FP Seated Meditations make intelligent people better at everything they do because they have better, more spontaneous access to all their mental faculties--whether right brain or left brain.

Hui-Neng, the 6th Patriarch of Buddhism (founder of the Chan school of Instant Enlightenement, "Zen" in Japanese) taught in his Platform Sutra:

Calmness and Wisdom are like a lamp and its light.

Here thus is another beacon on the Flying Phoenix flight plan:

Practicing consecutive complete sets of three FP Seated Meditations (Monk Serves Wine series) will impart remarkable health benefits.

And no matter what other form of meditation one practices--insight or concentrative--the regular practice of the basic Flying Phoenix Seated Meditations alone will facilitate breakthroughs in the deepening and elevation of consciousness.

All the best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Hi Nic,

Best,

Sifu Terry

Thank you for your guidance sifu Terry.

I have been doing one standing meditation per session. MGM, MHPeach and MHPearl for a count of 100 slow and deep breaths (close to 15 minutes).

For the moving standing meds, I am doing Wind Above Clouds and BTB, 1 repetition for 100+ breaths. In fact, in the 20 minutes I practice in the morning I can only fit on repetition of BTB.

Since I re-started I feel more relaxed and calm during practice.

Best,

Nic

I have been doing one standing meditation per session. MGM, MHPeach and MHPearl for a count of 100 slow and deep breaths (close to 15 minutes).

For the moving standing meds, I am doing Wind Above Clouds and BTB, 1 repetition for 100+ breaths. In fact, in the 20 minutes I practice in the morning I can only fit on repetition of BTB.

Best,

Nic

Terry,

I like to do the Volume two seated of the Flying Phoenix. Most times I only have the time to do the first 3.

Monk Serves Wine end up being skipped. Doing all seems to take about an hour and then I get concerned

about time and tend to rush the first 3. The first 3 take about 20 minutes.

Is it beneficial to do the first 3 in the AM then maybe do one or two of the Monk Serves Wine at night.

Or another option would be to do the first 3 one day, one of the Monk serves wine the next

and the other two the next?

Trying to maximize benefit as well as time.

Andy

Best,

Nic

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the followup describing your Flying Phoenix Qigong practice sessions in detail.

One stationary standing meditation for 100 slow breaths is fine. (However doing each of the three stationary standing meditations--if you have the time--would be naturally more beneficial.)

Following the stationary standing meditations with Wind Above the Clouds and Bending the Bows at the super-slow speed of one repetition per 100+ breaths is excellent practice.

Once you feel very comfortable and familiar with all the above FP Meditations, you can substitute "Wind Above the Clouds" with "Wind Through the Treetops", or simply add Wind Through Treetops to your practice session.

The point is to gradually (and comfortably) expand your practice until you cover all the exercises and can do all of them from memory--including the breath-control sequences. (This, of course, includes the seated "Monk Serves Wine" meditations).

You've made a good start. Enjoy the practice.

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Zen-Bear,

Thank you for your posts on the benefits of the (seated) flying phoenix exercises- they are an inspiration and confirmation of the benefits, and inspire me (and others I'm sure) to recommit to the practice.

Terry,

I like to do the Volume two seated of the Flying Phoenix. Most times I only have the time to do the first 3.

Monk Serves Wine end up being skipped. Doing all seems to take about an hour and then I get concerned

Is it beneficial to do the first 3 in the AM then maybe do one or two of the Monk Serves Wine at night.

Or another option would be to do the first 3 one day, one of the Monk serves wine the next

Andy

Not Sifu, but I can weigh in on your question as I have had the same problem, i.e., having more FP meditations to do than I can get done in a single day.

I can say I have found rotating different FP meditations on different days works for me. Right now I try to do 14 different FP meditations per week, and by necessity I must rotate them on different days. I personally get really good results from this.

So I might suggest if you have limited time, do the first 3 one day an then do the 3 MSW on the second day, etc.

Hope this helps.

Fu dog

Terry,

Andy

Hi Andy,

If you can manage only enough time to do the first 3 basic "warm-up" seated meditations on Volume 2, that's OK. For as I and others have observed, once you've learned the entire Flying Phoenix system, the basic preparatory meditations are not that basic. But for even greater benefits, I recommend that you try to make enough time to do the 3 warmup meditations and then one of the Monk Serves Wine meditations in one session. that shouldn't take more than 35-40 minutes. You can spend 5 minutes on each of the 3 seated warmup meditations,and then 20 to 25 minutes one set of one Monk Serves Wine meditation.

If you don't have time in the morning to any of the Monk Serves Wine Meditations, then do them as time permits in the evenings. If you can do one set of 7 repetitions of one of the MSW meditations, then that's fine. But as I said in recent my postings, doing three different MSW meditations in one session will impart benefits that are quite profound.

As Fu_Dog pointed out in his helpful answer to you, it sounds like you don't have enough time to do all of the six seated FP meditations in one session and probably not in one day, either. If you only have 30 minutes total each day to practice, just make sure that you day-by-day slowly work through all the material on Volume 2...and practice enough so that you can do all the seated exercises from memory with eyes closed--including the breath-control sequences.

Then let us know what you discover about the FP meditations when you can practice all of the seated FP Meditations without viewing the DVD.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Sifu Terry -

We've talked about a number of aspects of FP, so I will go ahead and ask about a question on my mind: What do you say about practicing FP when one is under the weather with a cold or other illness?

Though I haven't had one in awhile, I've come down with a bad cold. Last night I went straight to bed early. But tonight I went ahead and did my FP practice. Though I'm not feeling very well because I'm quite a bit under the weather, I was quite surprised when practicing FP tonight that it felt just as powerful as it always feels....nothing about the FP energy felt diminished by the fact that I'm suffering the symptoms of a cold. One way to answer my question is simply to keep practicing FP for the duration of the time I have this cold and see what happens. But, I thought I would also benefit from your experience....

So, what's your recommendation of practicing FP while one has a cold or other illness?

Thanks,

Fu dog

Sifu Terry,

I want to ask if you mind to list up how the full Flying Phoenix Celestial Qigong looks like. Adding the advance and high level of this Qigong.

Thanks in forward

Q

p.s to the mods : Is it possible to stick this tread since the amount of posted pages has reach a reasonable number and I think it is in quality as well in quality qualified to be sticked.

Hello FP practitioners,

This morning, I spent 1 hour 20 minutes practicing the following seven Flying Phoenix Standing Meditations in this order, with about a 2-minute break between each one:

Long Form Standing Meditations (15 min.)

Monk Gazing At Moon (10 min.)

Monk Holding Peach (10 min.)

Monk Holding Pearl (10 min.)

Wind Through Treetops (10 min. one round, very slowly)

Wind Above the Clouds (3 min. one round)

Moonbeam Splashes On Water (one round 7 min.)

This was the first time that I done the FP Standing Meditations in this particular order. As I have advised on this thread, it doesn't matter what order you practice the Standing Meditations--just as long as you cover all of them. I did not have a set sequence of exercises in mind when I started; the order of practice just evolved as I recalled one exercise and then another, and then another...

I started the practice having a slight head cold due to work stress (second day of mild sore throat and nasal congestion, and had swigged copious amounts of the powerful and versatile Afro-American herbal formula known as Robitussin :) . A few minutes after I finished "Moonbeam", I was most pleasantly surprised to notice that I no longer had any cold symptoms! They had completely subsided. I had started the FP session not expecting any particular effect on my cold symptoms.

I can't guarantee that Flying Phoenix Qigong practice will cure a cold for every person...for colds are toxemia and it depends on how long one practices and the quality of practice in order to clear the blood of toxins with the FP Healing Energy and achieve allostasis. But in my case, I can attest that it worked. And it worked well with the "Tussin"!

In all seriousness,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

It's cool to see that someone is here teaching the Tao Ahn Pai. I first came to TB when I was leaving California and hoping to find someone teaching Tao Ahn Pai. Unfortunately I never got a chance to meet Sifu Lew. A friend of mine is his student. Honestly, if I could train under anyone, it would be Sifu Lew. I hope he and Mrs. Juanita are doing well!

90 50 40 30 10

80 70 50 30

50 20 10

Enjoy.

Sifu Terry

What type of tissue rejuvenates? Old injuries or more recent ones?

Sifu - Excellent answer to my question about using FP to alleviate illness, thanks.

As my cold symptoms from about a week ago morphed to sinusitis and bronchitis, I must admit I missed about a week of FP because after work every day I was really exhausted and went straight to bed. (It would have been a great idea to take off from work to rest/recover, but I didn't want to use the PTO days.)

So now I have a sinusitis/bronchitis that's settled in and antibiotics aren't getting rid of them. So yesterday I started a program of accelerated Flying Phoenix practice with the specific goal of a faster healing from this bothersome infection. Lot's of people I know have this same sinusitis/bronchitis, and many are going on 6 weeks and still are not over it. I want to crush this illness with FP! B)

I'll let the board know of my results.

What type of tissue rejuvenates? Old injuries or more recent ones?

Answer to your question, Ralis: most recent minor injuries OR signs of aging are affected first by FP Qigong. With more long-term practice, some more chronic conditions and certain types of older injuries can be gradually healed. (Of course, major traumatic mechanical injuries to the body cannot be healed by Qigong.)

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn