Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Posted (edited)

This is an addition to the Notice above of my Taoist Elixir Method 31 Meditations workshop coming this April 5 to 7:

<•>   In addition to the TTP-31 Meditation Series, during the last 4 sessions of the workshop (on Saturday and Sunday), I will also teach the Ten “Shen” Exercises, which is the next level of Tao Tan Pai Nei Gong that follows the TTP-31 Meditations.  The Ten Shen Exercises, which I have never taught before in a workshop setting (but only privately over the past 40 years) is a system of 9 standing postures and one sublime, sedentary seated meditation that develops structural sensitivity to ALL forms of energy.  That is, the Shen Exercises more deeply integrate mind and body and then the mind itself--so as to perfect intuition as a unified consciousness and thus make you more psychic.  No speculation here.  I am simply stating the truth about the result of practicing the Shen Exercises.  In fact, if one then masters the Tao Tan Pai 5 Animals Kung Fu forms, then the  Six Stars, then the Nine Flowers Nei Gong, and then survive the practice of the Five Dragons Nei Gong--one will become very psychic, to the point of literally seeing through one's eyes the karmic past lives of every person that one meets whom one needs to know about.  One of the cultivated benefits of practicing the priestly art of Tao Tan Pai.  <•> 

••> Btw, to better understand what Shen energy is, redouble your practice of the TTP-31 and then read pages 166 to 196 in Manfred Porkert’s classic tome, “Theoretical Foundations of Chinese Medicine: Systems of Correspondence” (1977, MIT Press)[You can find a PDF copy if you subscribe to Library Archives.]:  Just from reading the  definitions of 30+ forms of Qi and understanding their inter-relationships, especially the relationship between Shen Ch'i and Ching Ch'i,  you will have an accurate and precise language and vocabulary to articulate your Qigong experiences and revelations--as opposed to that New Age gobbledy-gook  vomited tripe that you heard on those cheesy old Gaiam "Chi For Beginners" videos, which I hope to God are now off the shelves, off the internet, and gone forever.  <••

Workshop details are in my posting on Saturday at 03:17 PM above and in this substack Newsletter issue.

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/taoist-elixir-method-tao-tan-pai

See you on Zoom or in person at the TTP-31 Workshop!

Sifu Terry

www.taichimania.com

terencedunn.substack.com

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

CELEBRATE WORLD TAI CHI QIGONG DAY with SIFU TERRY DUNN in Santa Monica, April 27, 11am-1pm PST (Zoomable)

To All My Tai Chi and Qigong students and friends — especially those in SoCal:

This is a last-minute notice that for World Tai Chi Qigong Day this Saturday, I will be giving a free two-hour Tai Chi and Qigong celebratory class at this spot pictured below in Palisades Park in Santa Monica from 11am to 1pm. This is my “usual” spot where I taught Tai Chi Form and Push-hands classes every Saturday from 1992 to 2017!:

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fedefed9f-5c8d-4615-8e85-fcf2e005540e.heic?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Location: This spot between these threes in Palisades Park — along Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, 30 yards north of the round rose garden (with the Mrs. Bandini statue) at Montana Avenue “T” intersection.

Free ZOOM Participation:

World Tai Chi Qigong Day Celebration with Sifu Terry Dunn

Time: Apr 27, 2024 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87914345494?pwd=Wkk3anUvYTcwQzNwZjZSWFhHSmFpdz09

Meeting ID: 879 1434 5494 Passcode: 185755

Be there this Saturday or be square!

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

I may bring my son if we don't head up into the cliffs overlooking Southbay.  Haven't been to Santa Monica for a few years now.

• Like 2

You left us plenty of time.  But the wildflowers are blooming all along the cliffs here and my son is pretty steady in his 'flowers over people' inclinations :wub:

Hope it was awesome though and thanks for sharing the info, it's always great to have options...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

ATTENTION ALL FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG PRACTITIONERS AND DAOBUMS SUBSCRIBERS TO THIS THREAD:

On the weekend of May 24 to 26,  I will be teaching a 3-Day, 14-hour  immersive residential workshop in Tao Tan Pai (“Taoist Elixir Method“) Basic 31 Meditations  at The Dragon Nest Center in New Paltz, NY that will be Zoomable.

Besides introductory to  remedial practice of the basic Flying Phoenix standing and seated Qigong exercises taught in Volumes 1 and 2 of my DVD series, this workshop will emphasize:

1.   Refinement and self-correcting practice of "Bending the Bows" by doing sets of 18.
        2.   Refinement of
Moonbeam Splashes On Water and the capstone meditation. "Flying

Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation" (aka, the Long Form Meditation) taught on the

Volume 4 DVD.

3.   Refinement of the five powerful 90-second "Flash" FP Meditations on the Volume 5 DVD.

4.   Refinement of the 3 seated "Monk Serves Wine" meditations (on Volume 2) and further                  instruction in the 5 advanced MSW meditations on Volume 7.

5.   Introduction to the 9 Standing Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations (all moving).

6.   Further instruction in the "10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven" Nei Kung System (named

after the tallest peak in the Ehrmeshan region, "Wan-fuo Shan")

• Also, in addition to learning (if you're a beginner) or advancing your practice to the capstone moving meditation of FP Qigong, I will also orchestrate the experience of Tao Tan Pai  31 Meditations ("TTP-31") serving as a splendid foundational catalyst and powerful "accelerant" that intensifies, enhances, and prolongs the healing effects of FP Qigong.  The TTP-31 Meditations has a completely different yogic methodology than that of Flying Phoenix Qigong.  Yet it was my blessing and good fortune to have discovered that the TTP-31 Meditations (and the entire TTP Nei Kung and Kung Fu system as well ) while powerful and complete in and of itself,  just happens to catalyze and accelerate the cultivation of the Flying Phoenix Healing Qi.  It's a one-way catalyzing process:  from TTP-31 to FP Qigong.

>> Complete information about FP Qigong and how to register for this workshop are on this issue of my free monthly Newsletter.  Please subscribe to be alerted to my classes and workshops:

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

The 3-day immersive workshop, May 24 to May 26, consists of 7 two-hour sessions with 2 sessions on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday at these times (EST):

Friday: 3pm - 5pm; 7:30pm - 9:30pm EST
Saturday: 10am - noon; 2:30pm - 4:30pm; 7:30pm - 9:30pm EST
Sunday: 1 0am - noon; 2:30pm - 4:30pm EST

TUITION:

$440 early registration till May 10;  $495 after May 10

• ZOOM PARTICIPATION:     $40 per each 2-hour session or $250 for all 7 sessions

Please send payment via Paypal (to [email protected]) or via Zelle (to 

[email protected]

Several of my veteran students from my Eastover workshops in Lenox, MA known as "The Old Guard" so you'll be able to see the long-term health benefits on them.  Thus, we'll also move forward with advanced forms and the 10K Buddhas Meditation System, which is very powerful in a different way and with an different energy than FP Qigong!   One of the 10K Buddhas is seen on this video below.  Find out where it is! :

I hope to see many of you in New Paltz and on Zoom!

mitakuye oyasin,   (Lakota prayer that means “To all my relations” or “All are related”, or        “Help and Health to all my Brothers and Sisters” )

Sifu Terry 

P.S.   Here is link to my Newsletter issue with complete details about this workshop and how to register for it:

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14-fb2

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1

Hi Sifu Terry , really interested in this , never used zoom before though so please forgive my ignorance on this but if I take the zoom classes will I be able to see and hear everything clearly ?

also could you give a bit more info on these 2 points -

5.   Introduction to the 9 Standing Advanced Flying Phoenix Meditations (all moving).

6.   Further instruction in the "10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven" Nei Kung System

Many Thanks

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I am Lingzhi. I am new to posting on Dao Bums. I had an interesting experience with this system a couple weeks ago that I shared with Sifu Terry, and he wanted me to share some of my background and the questions I emailed to him. As I have been practicing several weeks now, some of my questions have been answered through working with the system, while new ones have arisen. I will probably make this first post with my original questions, and a second one with things I have noticed while practicing. I could also make an additional post to compare and contrast the systems I have worked with, if appropriate for the forum.

Background: About  I started my journey with Reiki in William Lee Rand's Usui-Holy Fire system. Reiki was easy for me to learn while I was busy in school, and helped me through some difficult times. I took master level classes after a year to work with higher level energies. This system seemed helpful for certain types of issues. Its like having a lifeline where you can get just enough support when you need it. But the energy doesnt stay with you. It just seems to tickle my blockages enough they feel a little better. I started feeling increasingly burnt out with work , I realized I need to try something else.

I tried yogasanas a few months, and had a hard time sticking with it. Too much pain for too little energetic effect. I was interested in Taoism for a while, and wanted to try qigong and internal martial arts. I started with Spring Forest, and enjoyed that for a few months. I had issues with his small universe meditation, which would give me horrible headaches. Also could have been caffeine withdrawal. I did not like they push students toward healing other people at a low level of development. This is something I did not like about the Reiki community.

I decided I wanted to try something that would strengthen my body more. I found a teacher about an hour away teaching Baguazhang. I also enjoyed that for a few months, but the energetics were not appropriate for my particular constitution at the time. It also wasn't doing much for the issues I was seeking relief from. My TCM practitioner suggested I try something else. Most recently, I learned Wild Goose 1st 64 online and stuck with that for about 6 months. I had a good effect from this system. But this system was complicated and I kept having the nagging thought that my alignments werent quite right and was setting myself up for issues later on. I was reminded of an experience practicing tou chang with my bagua teacher, and my alignments were off. I practiced about an hour incorrectly, he came over and nudged my extended hand a centimeter left so it was directly in front of my should. I felt a rush of qi and blood rush up to my hand, and my fingers felt like they were going to explode! After that experience was replaying in my head a while, I was just feeling uneasy about continuing online with Wild Goose. But I did enjoy the effects of this system and might continue later on, if I ever find a teacher.

So, a couple weeks ago, the day of the Solar Eclipse, I was reading this forum, in particular about the qualities of Flying Phoenix energy. I had never practiced this system.  I started to feel a bit of energy, and an urge to meditate. I thought at first it was my Reiki attunements kicking in, which they sometimes do  in certain situations. But it started to get more intense, and had a different quality to it. I had a pleasant sensation of icy hot in areas where I was working though issues, and later on it evolved into a sensation of intense compassion. This also felt different to the "divine love" / higher heart sensation I get with Holy Fire (not Usui). This continued for a few hours, even as I cooked dinner. It was so intense, I felt burnt out for a couple days. It was like receiving the ignition experiences for Holy Fire, I just felt my system was a bit overloaded and needed time to adjust.

Fast forward about a week, I was was extremely intrigued/intimated by this experience and wanted more, so I ordered some of the dvds. A lot of the structures in this system look similar to what I am learning in Tai Chi and Hsing I, so my concerns about alignments were less because I receive corrections from my teacher in person. My second experience happened when I got the DVDs in the mail and read Sifu Terry's business card. That set off another "transmission" or tuning experience, which again lasted a couple hours.

Today, after about three weeks of practicing this system for 40 minutes a day, I am writing this post.

Here were my original questions, and MY answers:

1. Could learning from DVD only lead to issues with structural alignment/deviations later on

-Not too worried since I receive corrections on Zhan Zhuang pose from a teacher in person. The arm structure seem intuitive after working with Tai Chi / Hsing for a bit. Also, I seem to be receiving corrections on movement/structure intuitively/automatically from this system / higher self.

2. Is Flying Phoenix capable of restoring post/prenatal qi/jing? I feel this has been depleted from severe chronic emotional distress and anxiety  since I was very young. Wild goose has specific sets of movements for pre/post natal which is why I was curious.

-So far I have noticed improvements in mental clarity/energy/brain fog. So I would say its helping with kidney depletion. I still cant focus on work, but maybe its just boring. Also, like Reiki , this doesnt really fit into TCM model. It seems like  Shen level process, like Reiki, but is a better quality of information.

3.Could I end up causing issues mixing multiple systems? I had an acupuncturist (had several) who was really really into SFQ and he said that mixing multiple systems, including Reiki, could lead to health issues later on because it confuses the body. Would Flying Phoenix be safe to practice while I am learning internal martial arts (Tai chi, Hsing I) or if I want to practice Reiki or my Wild Goose form a couple times per week?

-I dont really feel the need to practice Reiki right now. I might try a Holy Fire session on my self at some point to see what has changed. I read several other posts on martial arts, it sounds OK to practice while learning Tai Chi / Hsing I ( I only practice 2 hours in class per week for now) . I practiced the Wild Goose 1st 64 form (post natal) once, it was much more intense than I remember and channels opened more easily. It would be nice if I could practice enough I don't forget it.

4. Do practice guidelines apply for spontaneous/delayed experiences? I had to get up and complete tasks while the energy was still flowing. Hopefully it didnt cause any issues.

-No answer yet, but related to this I had an oil radiator heater click on loudly during a Vol2 Basic 3 meditation which startled me and cause me to jolt while meditating after breath sequence. I stopped the meditation, but felt drawn back to redo it. What should I do in scenarios like this? Hopefully it didnt cause too much damage. Also, I get a delayed effect almost every day. I wont feel a ton during practice, then 8 hours later, wham! Time for cosmic icy hot.

5. Is there a suggested amount of time to work with each DVD?

- I have notes of each meditation and breath sequence. I simply point to one and feel the energy flow. I do whatever meditations I feel the strongest flow from. This is technique I developed practicing Reiki.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Something I would like to add, take my experiences with a grain of salt. What I experience is irrelevant. They are only relevant to an individuals particular karmic configurations. Don't get caught up in experiences or trying to induce them. I feel, like Reiki, or really any other system, this system works best if you just drop your preconceptions of how it works and what it is capable of. Being strongly preoccupied with whether it opens a bajillion channels or builds a cinnabar field or will heal a particular issue could attachment to a particular outcome. Which in theory could limit the effects of the practice. So, read these experiences, hopefully they are helpful, but really try to move onward and not attach to them.

Edited by Lingzhi
  • Like 2

I am sure that you will be told that Flying Phoenix Qigong is not the same as TCM in terms of trying to understand how it works. 

I would suggest that you read all of the posts to gain a better understanding of this system. You're obviously super sensitive to any energy work and thus you will probably have many experiences that other people have not had. It might be best if you let yourself experience what you experience during your practice rather than so much worry about alignment not being perfect and that might mess up your health in the future. That's just my opinion. 

• Like 3

Thank you Tao Stillness, yes I agree with you 100%. I have noticed this practice seems to be self correcting to some extent. Reading through these posts, it seems each person is unique in their concerns and experiences in this system. I think its most important to just keep practicing and these things seem to resolve themselves with time, and accurate practice.

Edited by Lingzhi
  • Like 2

On 4/30/2024 at 1:40 PM, ronko said:

Hi Sifu Terry , really interested in this , never used zoom before though so please forgive my ignorance on this but if I take the zoom classes will I be able to see and hear everything clearly ?

6.   Further instruction in the "10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven" Nei Kung System

Many Thanks

Hi Ronko,
I'm sorry to take so long to see your post (just now) and to reply.  I was back to my hometown  of L.A. from April 9 to May 5 doing hard labor to address 7 years of mundane matters that piled up since I left for the east coast in 2017.  I came back last Sunday exhausted and it took past 4 days of advanced FP Qigong practices to rehab a strained left bicep, seriously bruised right toe (stubbed it 4x while moving), and 2 other injuries from moving (with hired help) more than 1,000 cubic feet of my earthly possessions--weighing tons--between storage units and into shipments back east.  But all has now been quickly healed through FP practice. 

Answer to your questions:

if I take the zoom classes will I be able to see and hear everything clearly ?

• Yes, Zoom video conferencing technology has very clear video and audio.  I've been teaching very successfully on Zoom and Skype since 2017.   And especially during the Covid lockdown:  in every school quarter from Jan. 2020 to June of 2022, I taught 3 NCCAOM-accredited courses in my 3 specialties  for Emperors College of TCM in Sa. Monica, CA:  Yang Tai Chi (required),  Taoist Elixir Method 31 Meditations (das the required Medical Qigong course), and Flying Phoenix Qigong, an elective course. 
During the same Covd lockdown period, I taught weekly Sunday combined Qigong classes that had 10 to 20 Zoom participants every week.

•• Zoom participants get virtually the same attention and feedback as my in-person workshop students because (and this is something I learned from my Tai Chi teacher, Grandmaster William C.C. Chen) I have the video images of all Zoom participants displayed on a large TV monitor, so that I can give individual corrections as I see the need.

•  Advanced FP Meditations are a system of 9 standing meditations that are another level above the "basic" FP Qigong taught on my DVD series.  Several are complex choreographies like the FP Long Form on Volume 4 of CKFH;  others are simpler with 4 to 8 movements.   Here are two of the 9 Advanced FP Exercises shot in 2013:

Exercise #5 (circa 2008):

Exercise #9 (circa 2008):    

[I will teach typically 3 or 4 of these at this workshop, as there will not be enough time to teach of all 9.]

As explained in various places in this thread, the 10K Buddhas Meditation system is an advanced and powerful Qigong system consisting of 54 meditations organized into 3 subsets of 18.  Each of these 3 subsets cultivates a different "flavor" of martial energy.  It is named after the tallest peak in the Ehrmeishan region, "Wan-Fuo Shan."

At (29:50) on this  Youtube video, you will see meditation No. 10 of the subset that I specialize in:

I hope this answers all your questions about Zoom and the other arts I will be teaching at this upcoming workshop.

Regards,

Sifu Terry

P.S.     Workshop details and registration info: 

https://terencedunn.substack.com/p/flying-phoenix-qigong-workshop-14-fb2

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I’ve been doing the exercises from DVD 1 for five months for about an hour a day, everyday. A lot of that has been exclusively monk holding the pearl and monk gazing at the moon. 

I’m not quite sure I’m feeling the benefits that are listed in here. I’m wondering if I could get some input on what I could do to troubleshoot? My guess is to seek out a teacher in person. But if that’s the case, can I find any in Europe? Or is my best bet to save up for a trip to see Terry himself?

I did have a dream where Terry sat on a swing and explained I might have too high expectations for the practice - so maybe it’s just that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chirising said:

Hi guys,

I’ve been doing the exercises from DVD 1 for five months for about an hour a day, everyday. A lot of that has been exclusively monk holding the pearl and monk gazing at the moon. 

I’m not quite sure I’m feeling the benefits that are listed in here. I’m wondering if I could get some input on what I could do to troubleshoot? My guess is to seek out a teacher in person. But if that’s the case, can I find any in Europe? Or is my best bet to save up for a trip to see Terry himself?

I did have a dream where Terry sat on a swing and explained I might have too high expectations for the practice - so maybe it’s just that.

Hi Chirising,

I'd definitely suggest adding some of the moving meditations into the mix, especially Bending the Bows. By moving as slowly as possible, you can start to cultivate some of the same benefits as the internal martial arts. As you don't move against an imaginary force, the changes in the body do take a little longer, but over time, they will occur.

Good luck with your practice.

Miffymog.

Note: I think Bending the Bows might be on the second DVD.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Chirising said:

Hi guys,

Hi Chirising,

Like @Miffymog said, you should do a mixture of static and moving practice to really get the benefits of these practices. I would go even further and say you should also add the seated practices from DVD 2, but doing the two dynamic practices from DVD 1 (Bending the Bows and Wind Above the Clouds) should help you out.

Not sure if you’ve tried Monk Holds Peach but for a static meditation that one is quite powerful.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chirising said:

Hi guys,

Hello Chirising,

I'm glad to hear that you've been doing Vol.1 of the CKFH DVD series for 5 months now.  However, I want to recommend that you do what both "Miffymog" and "Pak_Satrio" have suggested above:   that you start concentrating on practicing Bending the Bows, a  cornerstone moving meditation of the FP system, and practice it in complete sets of 18 repetitions, and also do "Wind Above the Clouds".   Although FP Qigong  has 3 stationary standing meditations in MGM, MHPeach and MHPearl, this powerful Qigong is ultimately a moving meditation system...because the goal of training is to (A) attain proficiency in the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditation (aka, the "Long Form Sanding Meditation" taught on Volume 4, which subsumes all the preceding standing meditations), and (B)  memorize at least 8 of the 24 seated Monk Serves Wine Meditations.

I’m wondering if I could get some input on what I could do to troubleshoot? My guess is to seek out a teacher in person. But if that’s the case, can I find any in Europe?
• I don't have student-instructors in Europe yet, nor in the U.S. for that matter (--because attaining certification to teach FP Qigong is a very long apprenticeship that requires one to learn the Bok Fu Pai Kung Fu and the BFP Tui Na and Energy Healing skills, plus herbology-- that enable one to handle/treat any form of "internal energy sickness" that can arise from practicing the FP Qigong incorrectly--or from and attack using martial Qi.

Or is my best bet to save up for a trip to see Terry himself?
• Short of  coming to the U.S. in person, you can get form corrections from me, thorough feedback and advice as to how to perfect your FP practice by doing a private Zoom lesson or by taking a few of my weekly Zoom classes on Sundays 4-6pm EST, which is even more economical.  But most effectively and efficiently of all, you can participate in my next 3-day, 14-hour immersive FP Qigong  workshop on May 24-26  via Zoom.  [ ** You can verify with FPCK subscribers "Tao Stillness", "Fu_Dog", "Earl Grey," Pak Satrio,  "Astral Butterfly" (a Theravadan Buddhist nun), and others who have taken my online classes and workshops]

A.  Details about this May 24-26 workshop plus registration info are on this issue of my free monthly Newsletter:

https://open.substack.com/pub/terencedunn/p/sifu-terry-dunns-tai-chi-and-qigong?r=5i7g9&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&showWelcomeOnShare=true

B.  This is the May issue of my Newsletter with the schedule of my weekly classes in:  

Qigong for Health for 1st Responders (1 hr. of FP qigong following 1 hr. of Taois Elixir Method 31 Meditations), Intermediate Class (in Qigong and Basic Kung Fu), and Yang Tai Chi Chuan --during which all participants can ask questions and get form corrections and sufficient feedback to move forward.
https://open.substack.com/pub/terencedunn/p/sifu-terry-dunns-tai-chi-and-qigong?r=5i7g9&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&showWelcomeOnShare=true

•• BTW, that dream of me on a swing came from your own mind.  It's what we experienced hypnotherapists call "an early morning venting dream"--i.e., one that was housekeeping--i.e. your mind resolving issues that you had not resolved during waking hours.  And these venting dreams occur in the morning before you awaken.  When I do visitations through dreamstate, it is to initiates who are in the psychic and spiritual "groove" or "trunk" of Flying Phoenix Healing Qi from having cultivated a super-abundance of it  through  correct and diligent practice.   And those advisory dreams come in the middle of the sleep cycle--during or right after REM sleep.   Plus, in my 44 years of teaching, I have never had occasion to tell any student that their expectations for the Tai Chi, FP Qigong, or Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu they were learning from me were too high(!!!)

Furthermore, the arts that I teach and preserve, such as FP Qigong and Taoist Elixir Method Nei Kung , HAVE NO CEILINGS as to their healing, restorative, and--I dare say-- their spiritually enlightening potential.   So you can hold even higher expectations from this FP Qigong system than you  alreadty presently have.  And I will make certain that you experience this truth about these two arts (as well as the Tai Chi I teach)--if you work with  me either in person or via my Zoom classes/workshops.

Keep on practicing,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

I can verify the benefits from having a private Zoom session with Sifu Terry. I had been unaware of some of the mistakes I was doing, but Sifu Terry noticed them immediately and the minor corrections made a difference in the experience of the movements. Another benefit was just the sheer joy and elevation of mood and energy from interacting with Sifu Terry. It was such a comforting and enjoyable time due to his personality and the atmosphere that radiates from his presence. This was before Zoom, we had a Skype session. Every Flying Phoenix practitioner should have at least one session with this master. The sooner the better to avoid any bad habits from incorrect practice. 

Having practiced at least 100 different qigong methods, I can confidently state that there is no other qigong method that I am aware of that gives the experience of such a unique, tangible sensation of Qi, even to complete novices. There is simply nothing like Flying Phoenix Chi King for Health series and its powerful companion, Tao Tan Pai. 

• Like 1