Seth Ananda

Psychic Training

I wrote this as a reply to another bum but have modified it for this thread :)

The Psychic world Is not black and white. Nothing kills the ability to 'receive' clear information nearly as quickly as the fear of being wrong, and the need to prove.

here is some 'Anecdotal' evidence...

For years I had a deep pocket in my bag with no chance of me seeing its contents as I put my hand in. Inside I had 5 pens. all the same make, size, shape etcetera. The only difference was the colour- red, blue, black, green and purple.

when I stuffed my hand down the pocket I would 'seefeel' the colour of the pen I was holding in my forehead. I did this hundreds of times and was never wrong. I came to rely on it very quickly rather than pulling them all out together to get the one i wanted.

One day I told someone about it and she said "Do it." the second I put my hand in the bag I felt all the worries and thoughts pile in... what if I get it wrong? will she think less of me? and I really wanted to show her I could and Have her believe in me... (she was my girlfriend at the time) And I just couldnt get myself out of the way and got it basicly became a guess, i saw no colour in my head and I pulled out the wrong one. laugh.gif

I went back to doing my sensing quietly after this and still enjoy it.

I have experienced situations like this so many times over the years that I know I could never do the randy challenge or prove it to anyone of a hostile disposition and would not even try. I have to be really relaxed or at least un-conflicted to get good information. Its sad to see many good Psychics fall into the 'Prove it' trap, fail then get labelled 'Frauds' when many of them do great work.

Mind you, on the occasional moment when I am feeling Hyper confident (cosmicly expansive) I have done smart ass things in front of un believers and left them with their jaws hanging, but this condition cant be arranged for a lab.

I dont think these rules apply to the energy arts so much... I think if you have the energy you can use it, like a hand or leg. Johny Chang had no problem zapping the scientists, and probably many people here have been able to give skeptics an experience of energy.

This doesnt require a clear head to nearly the same degree as getting psychic impressions.

I have tested my abilities rigorously for my self.

For years I evaded the transport authorities, by only ever buying a train ticket on the days I 'felt' I would see ticket Inspectors. Every single one of the few days I bought a ticket, inspectors hopped on and asked to see them. This is a great way to put yourself on the line as a fine here is 400$ and you get to see really quickly If the info you get is good. I also think this fine tunes your Danger sence to a great degree...

How do you 'Prove' something like this?

Walking barefoot in the city for years was also great. every time a patch of broken glass came up I got to practice using my will to not get cut. I would just 'Know' that I would be fine. If my knowing wavered well that would mean a different story- usually but not always. The point is that when my Knowing did not waver I never not once received the tiniest scratch. My triumph in this was actually living next to a huge prickle field that was so full of prickles that one unconscious step was guaranteed to give the foot a prickle. Ouch! eventually I was able to make it over the whole field without getting a prickle but that took a while. often i would get half way before fear would make my will waver...

These kinds of exercises really help develop you Knowing and will. This enhanced faculty will subtly improve so many areas of your life.

There are so many things we can prove to ourselves that are so worth the effort, and that make the 'Prove it' screams of the skeptics or the people that want to believe but are not willing to find out for themselves seem so ridiculous.

Remember how many tests for psychics done with each other in a warm friendly environment, (free of performance anxiety) get really high results. These results always get HooHaa'd by the scientists as un empirical.

I think that it is possible that just being near an unbeliever clouds your ability to hear straight, or at least when their attention is on you and they are waiting for you to fail and thus support their universe view.

Some times a really good psychic comes out and is confident enough to score really well in a lab, but eventually as more labs demand further studies, and other groups say "that cant be right, we want to test it over here" They inevitably fail, and the final report is all anyone listens to. Its like the science world is just waiting to here the 'Fail' word so it can close its doors and Minds again.

Don't buy into this crap. Find out for your self. Dont let some Lab coat tell you 'He' is the one who is responsible for you ability to Validate your self or give you a stamp of approval. They are just doing what the Church did with the priests telling us that our relationship and experience of the Divine was to be mediated by them. Don't give an outside source power over your Inner Life. We dont need 'Their' Proof!

The most amazing stories that humans share with each other of the things that touched them or brought magic into their lives, that we enrich each others Lives with, are all anecdotal and have the real power. All Shamanistic cultures Highly valued these stories as Critical to the health of the culture and the species.

Please feel free to Share any of the wonderful 'Anecdotal Evidence' you have in your experiences, and lets leave the empirical evidence for all the 'Proove it' shouters and Spiritually Dead zombies, to flail about looking for and never find. Poor them. My life Gets better and better, and I hope yours does as well. :)

I have had similar experiences. Most of them involuntary, and I can only rarely, if ever, do it "on cue" when I want.

And, you know, that's the trick.

Sure, some people can swish a three point shot in basketball.... the trick is to do it "on cue", to do it in front of your girlfriend, to "prove it", to say that it can be done.

Otherwise we're just kids sitting here saying, "oh yeah? Well I did......"

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I've noticed the same thing...although not as powerful or controllable. For instance, healing a person of minor ailments by having a flash of intuition on what to do, from a distance.

These things are possible, so if you're actually interested, keep an open mind. Skepticism is always good, but that's a totally different thing than insulting a teacher because they won't show you a video of them levitating or something. Don't be so demanding...chill out, practice a spiritual path, and interesting things might happen. That's the only way to find out if this stuff is true.

For years I evaded the transport authorities, by only ever buying a train ticket on the days I 'felt' I would see ticket Inspectors. Every single one of the few days I bought a ticket, inspectors hopped on and asked to see them. This is a great way to put yourself on the line as a fine here is 400$ and you get to see really quickly If the info you get is good. I also think this fine tunes your Danger sence to a great degree...

LOL....... I admire that kind of commitment. What hurts my brain though is wondering if the act of purchasing the ticket attracted the transport authorities to you :blink:

I used to do the same with parking spaces/traffic wardens. Very effective...... I can't recall ever getting a ticket using that method.

What hurts my brain though is wondering if the act of purchasing the ticket attracted the transport authorities to you :blink:

Today I was eating a bowl of Raisin Bran, I got halfway through and realize I hadn't eaten a single raisin at all, and I wondered why my Raisin Bran had no raisins..... suddenly, every spoonful after that had 4-5 raisins. I didn't start scraping the bottom with my spoon, I didn't start stirring it up, it's just that all these raisins showed up when I thought about how I didn't have any.......

But when you think about it, all the raisins already had to have been in the bowl from before I even thought about it....... and what if I had never even thought about the raisins....... :P

One pet theory I've had for some time is that the karma of some people quite literally prevents them from seeing something which could change their mind about paranormal stuff. Either their closemindedness functions as a form of bad karma, or their good karma actually shields them from seeing something which could unbalance them at that point in their individual path.

LOL....... I admire that kind of commitment. What hurts my brain though is wondering if the act of purchasing the ticket attracted the transport authorities to you :blink:

I used to do the same with parking spaces/traffic wardens. Very effective...... I can't recall ever getting a ticket using that method.

Nice. Although I do not tend to think the danger sense creates what it senses. It warns us so well when we learn to listen to it.

Some people get way to airy fairy with the law of attraction stuff. eg: I am putting out for money every day, then one day I find $50 bucks on the street so man I obviously attracted it, this is Proof! ... what about all the other days?

But when you stop at the ticket machine every morning and feel wether you are in danger of getting a ticket, and then only end up buying 10 - 15 tickets in a whole year and on every single one of those days you have the inspector ask you for your ticket, you get to know its not just your selective perception at work helping validate whatever belief system you ascribe too...

oh please :rolleyes:

you can't do it on cue you either can't do it at all and are fooling yourself, OR should you really be able to do it you need a lot more practice, your belief in your own ESP or other abilities is very weak.

You sound like a kid saying "can too! :P" and then I say "can-not :P", and in circles we go :lol: We would go forever if I didn't say "prove it!", once that is said the excuses start, the demonising of someone who wont stand for possibly being fed BS starts too :rolleyes:

If you can walk the walk, you need to grow up. (in a spiritual sense)

As for some karma remark I read :lol: reminds me of a story once told to me by a great master concerning karma. More related to more tragic circumstances but anyway seems like a good place to tell it.

It had been less than 24hrs since a close friend (nice guy, never hurt anybody) of Johns had suffered a tragic accident leaving him in awful shape,

So John saddened by the whole ordeal happen to be asked by a passing monk what was wrong, John answered respectfully.

Once John was done telling the monk what had happened to his friend the monk said " well he had bad karma, he must have deserved it". Hearing this John backed away for a second, and then without warning punched the monk in the face. Needless to say the monk was knocked out cold.

The monk awoke a short while later with a note in front of him. It read

"Sorry to have punched so hard in the face, it wasn't my fault really. You just had bad karma for being an asshole."

Did the monk learn his lesson about karma? You decide.

@That Guy..

2 things buddy.

One, your post is all over the place. If you want to be arrogantly critical, do so by all means, but at least do it with a bit of precision and finesse.

Two, have you nothing better to contribute to this forum other than going around as though you were a school disciplinarian or something? And an abusive one, at that.. rather tedious, i'm afraid.

Edited by CowTao

Karma is just vibrational cause and effect, it has little to do with human concepts like 'justice' or "he deserved/didn't deserve this". :rolleyes:

Today I was eating a bowl of Raisin Bran, I got halfway through and realize I hadn't eaten a single raisin at all, and I wondered why my Raisin Bran had no raisins..... suddenly, every spoonful after that had 4-5 raisins. I didn't start scraping the bottom with my spoon, I didn't start stirring it up, it's just that all these raisins showed up when I thought about how I didn't have any.......

But when you think about it, all the raisins already had to have been in the bowl from before I even thought about it....... and what if I had never even thought about the raisins....... :P

Oh your'e really hurting my head now....... thinking about your wave/particle duality raisins is a conundrum that's gonna last me a lifetime :blink:

Nice. Although I do not tend to think the danger sense creates what it senses. It warns us so well when we learn to listen to it.

Some people get way to airy fairy with the law of attraction stuff. eg: I am putting out for money every day, then one day I find $50 bucks on the street so man I obviously attracted it, this is Proof! ... what about all the other days?

But when you stop at the ticket machine every morning and feel wether you are in danger of getting a ticket, and then only end up buying 10 - 15 tickets in a whole year and on every single one of those days you have the inspector ask you for your ticket, you get to know its not just your selective perception at work helping validate whatever belief system you ascribe too...

Ya, I'm not so keen on proving stuff to myself with a generality, I have done it related to specific sums of money within a specific time frame and have been successful with it. The amount of money being a highly unlikely sum to ever find. I don't include for myself proof positive if it comes from other angles, ie. more work and so more money. Some kind of law of attraction does exist. But it's way easier to fulfill a need rather than a want.

Your example seems pretty conclusive to me.

you can't do it on cue you either can't do it at all and are fooling yourself, OR should you really be able to do it you need a lot more practice, your belief in your own ESP or other abilities is very weak.

You sound like a kid saying "can too! :P" and then I say "can-not :P", and in circles we go :lol: We would go forever if I didn't say "prove it!", once that is said the excuses start, the demonising of someone who wont stand for possibly being fed BS starts too :rolleyes:

As for some karma remark I read :lol: reminds me of a story once told to me by a great master concerning karma. More related to more tragic circumstances but anyway seems like a good place to tell it.

It had been less than 24hrs since a close friend (nice guy, never hurt anybody) of Johns had suffered a tragic accident leaving him in awful shape,

So John saddened by the whole ordeal happen to be asked by a passing monk what was wrong, John answered respectfully.

Once John was done telling the monk what had happened to his friend the monk said " well he had bad karma, he must have deserved it". Hearing this John backed away for a second, and then without warning punched the monk in the face. Needless to say the monk was knocked out cold.

The monk awoke a short while later with a note in front of him. It read

"Sorry to have punched so hard in the face, it wasn't my fault really. You just had bad karma for being an asshole."

Did the monk learn his lesson about karma? You decide.

That Guy....your back, as leader(reinstated)of the 'non-delusional enlightenment system TM' you have been neglecting your duties quite considerably.... I hope your not expecting any 'donations' from the societies coffers for your proceeding months absence.

I have been diligently practicing your patented 'narutard' systemand I can now with confidence blow fire out of my back passage, I do need to have prepared with several curries a day before, and I will be needing the use of a lighter(but only for aesthetic purposes you understand). I can do this at will, I have fulfilled all the requirements. I should state though that the curry is only an offering to the gods and in no way dependent on me producing a flame from my rectum.

Many of these masters have been offered 10's of millions dollars for just a few minutes. Some are still paid amazing sums by Royal Kings,Princes etc. Your 1 million dollar randi challenge is pocket change my friend lol :lol: ,

Regards,

Edited by r.w.smith

Many of these masters have been offered 10's of millions dollars for just a few minutes. Some are still paid amazing sums by Royal Kings,Princes etc. Your 1 million dollar randi challenge is pocket change my friend lol :lol: ,

Regards,

Who are these masters? Who are these kings?

Granted, Randi has his own issues, but for the most part...... I agree with That Guy.

People who claim to have psychic abilities need to show they have psychic abilities.

If I say I can shoot a three pointer in basketball, but when someone asks me to prove it I say something like, "well I don't want to show off." Or, "most people can't do it so you probably wouldn't understand if I showed it to you." Most people that would hear me say that would think I'm nuts and just bullshitting everyone. And if I started up a basketball camp I bet NO ONE would pay for it.....

Then these meditation guys say stuff like, "meditation can improve your sense of well being, your health, and may even lead to psychic phenomena....." It's like, whoa, what? Okay, the first two that's all well and good.... but the last one needs proof. And people who clam up as soon as you ask for said proof are shifty in my book. They are quick to use the word "psychic" to stir up interest in their system, but then they flip about and talk about how it isn't for showing off....

If you didn't want to show off you wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place!

"Karma is just vibrational cause and effect, it has little to do with human concepts like 'justice' or "he deserved/didn't deserve this". "

Yeah I m sure, like every single person in hiroshima was vibrating with negativity, just like all the innocent people in the middle east who have had their lives destroyed because of war were vibrating with negativity. Your idea of karma is absurd. If you are to look at it this way then Tibet being taken over by China was just "vibrational cause and effect".

That made no sense; at all!

Do you know what a strawman is?

Let Me Google That For You, ktxh

To help you understand Karma:

Karma comes from all sides at once. It's a universal force, so the Karma of the aggressor is just as important as the Karma of the victim. The energy of so many hateful hearts and minds on all sides resulted in the deaths, rapes, and untold equal atrocities that pervaded World War II.

Japan was bombed because as a nation they were supporting atrocities; Two cities of mostly civilians (Hiroshima and Nagasaki) were chosen for the dropping of Nuclear warheads, but that had nothing to do with the Japanese. That act was America's fault.

Karma is not so simple; in the end, we will pay for what we did in WWII.

@ Sloppy Zhang - You have accepted that there could be psychic phenomena, haven't you? If you have not (and most especially if you have not tried it), then why must another prove it to you? Why did you not need solid proof of Chikung's health benefits or its improvement in your sense of well being? Did you ask for a scientific study on that, or did you try it yourself and feel the effects?

Edited by Capital

Thx Capitol. :)

Yeah, karma is really much more than "he did this, he is a bad boy!" type deal. Some with a more simplistic exoteric understanding might think in terms of "you deserve this because you did something in a previous life" but the reality is much more complex.

We inherit the destiny of past actions by our ancestors, both on a personal and a collective level, sometimes even if we ARE good and have a positive outlook. Part of the whole point of spiritual practice is to overcome and transmute karma. Change your inner vibrational makeup and you can change your own karma and that of others as well.

Edited by Enishi

That Guy, I am sorry but this is the stupidest post I have seen you write.

1. you did not really read any of the posts properly. You just hurried on to type your own ridiculous opinion. You didn't even explain your opinion clearly.

2. you claim that I can't do it on cue - How would you know? and thank you for being so scientific :lol:

or that I can't do it at all and am fooling myself... Once again, how do you have this knowledge? maybe you should apply for the Randy challenge... you didn't test me with equipment so you must be psychic...

and then you say- my belief in my abilities is very weak? Actually It is quite the opposite. If I did not have a strong belief I would not have risked loosing $400 a day to the transport authorities. I use my Inner knowing for so many things and it is never wrong.

3. If you had read closely what I wrote, you would see that the assertion I am making is that It doesnt matter how good we get at these skills, (or I myself) the environment set up by sceptics to demonstrate is inhospitable to clear receiving. I can and do use my talents on cue every day, but I would not do well in the lab. just having the worry of getting it wrong or having self proclaimed authority figures in cloaks sneer or judge me is sufficient to get me enough in the way of my self to fail.

The second I walked out the door I would take a breath and use it just as clearly as ever...

You can say - "Can not!" as much as you like but how do you know? You clearly do not even know how to read properly. :rolleyes:

Ignore the Sceptics. Find out for your Self.

That Guy, I am sorry but this is the stupidest post I have seen you write.

1. you did not really read any of the posts properly. You just hurried on to type your own ridiculous opinion. You didn't even explain your opinion clearly.

2. you claim that I can't do it on cue - How would you know? and thank you for being so scientific :lol:

or that I can't do it at all and am fooling myself... Once again, how do you have this knowledge? maybe you should apply for the Randy challenge... you didn't test me with equipment so you must be psychic...

and then you say- my belief in my abilities is very weak? Actually It is quite the opposite. If I did not have a strong belief I would not have risked loosing $400 a day to the transport authorities. I use my Inner knowing for so many things and it is never wrong.

3. If you had read closely what I wrote, you would see that the assertion I am making is that It doesnt matter how good we get at these skills, (or I myself) the environment set up by sceptics to demonstrate is inhospitable to clear receiving. I can and do use my talents on cue every day, but I would not do well in the lab. just having the worry of getting it wrong or having self proclaimed authority figures in cloaks sneer or judge me is sufficient to get me enough in the way of my self to fail.

The second I walked out the door I would take a breath and use it just as clearly as ever...

You can say - "Can not!" as much as you like but how do you know? You clearly do not even know how to read properly. :rolleyes:

Ignore the Sceptics. Find out for your Self.

:lol::lol: My opinion is, you cant prove it you re full of it. Hope thats nnice and clear, though I assumed I didnt really have to type much since you'd just get a feeling to what I am trying to say.

You said it yourself 'Anecdotal Evidence' , and ->

"I have experienced situations like this so many times over the years that I know I could never do the randy challenge or prove it to anyone of a hostile disposition and would not even try. I have to be really relaxed or at least un-conflicted to get good information. Its sad to see many good Psychics fall into the 'Prove it' trap, fail then get labelled 'Frauds' when many of them do great work. "

Well I travel everyday into the heavenly real, the angels come and take me and I sit down and have a glass of orange juice with GOD, he likes orange juice. I can only do this when no is around though, just like I can turn invisible when no one is looking. I ve spoke with GOD about many things, but I m not allowed to share it with you, for reasons you cannot understand.

Ok then, how about I pick a picture online of something, and you use your powers to try and get close to what it is?

I will not change the picture, I have copied it onto my desktop. I might not buy your story, but I wont lie to you about this stuff.

Look my friend, you can insult me all you want, I m making no claims on what I can do, you are so if you cant live up to the claims in the real world I will make the safe assumption you re full of it. (sorry gtg, stuff to do, looking forward to what you make of my picture challenge)

, just like I can turn invisible when no one is looking.

Hahaha.. i am afraid when no one's looking, you ARE invisible! :lol:

Ok then, how about I pick a picture online of something, and you use your powers to try and get close to what it is?

I may be totally off, but is the sun in the picture? And maybe a shoreline or something?

Just playing with intuition. That's the first thing that popped in my head for some reason...not trying to prove I have abilities. :P

Hahaha.. i am afraid when no one's looking, you ARE invisible! :lol:

no exactly, visible light is still bouncing off me, it's just not going into your eyes :P But :lol: non the less

@Scotty, I will pm you the picture, just we know I havent switched it should an attempt be made, and so you can see how close you are too. I'm trusting you to keep it to yourself :)