Encephalon

I just became enlightened!

That's a bit of a problem, isn't it? :)

Oh yes... it's dreadfully lonely at the top, breathing in this spiritually pure and rarified air. No one else but me...

and Megan Fox

Edited by Blasto

Oh yes... it's dreadfully lonely at the top, breathing in this spiritually pure and rarified air. No one else but me...

and Megan Fox

Master Blasto!

_/\_

I've already sent you my social security number and bank account number telepathically in case you don't want to bother with Paypal.

My wife will be at your place around midnight... please be gentle.

and Megan Fox

Ah, but don't enlightened people claim to be above suffering? What is this "lonely" you speak of?

Ah, but don't enlightened people claim to be above suffering? What is this "lonely" you speak of?

Only people who falsely claim to be enlightened can make the claim to be above suffering. That's not what it's about. Nirvana, or what some define as perfect mental health, is still a very human state of existence where the capacity for compassion and empathy for others is unfathomable. As Ken Wilber says , "It (the suffering of others) hurts more, but bothers you less."

Master Blasto!

_/\_

I've already sent you my social security number and bank account number telepathically in case you don't want to bother with Paypal.

My wife will be at your place around midnight... please be gentle.

That's very generous of you, Steve. And your wife. I'll put on my favorite John Maclaughlin album when she gets here. Ever heard "Follow your Heart?"

O supreme blasto, he who breathes purified air together with megan fox

:lol:

whats 1 + 1 ?

1+1= the end of this thread.

Thanks for the laughs, folks!

Only people who falsely claim to be enlightened can make the claim to be above suffering. That's not what it's about. Nirvana, or what some define as perfect mental health, is still a very human state of existence where the capacity for compassion and empathy for others is unfathomable. As Ken Wilber says , "It (the suffering of others) hurts more, but bothers you less."

That's very generous of you, Steve. And your wife. I'll put on my favorite John Maclaughlin album when she gets here. Ever heard "Follow your Heart?"

I love John McLaughlin!

You probably knew that already...

I actually emailed him a few months ago. It was a long email and talked about seeing him in concert in the 70's and a whole bunch of other boring stuff. He actually responded! It was a very nice and long email. He told me that he is currently into reading translations of poetry by the Chan masters.

But you knew that already!

I will miss this thread...

Thanks for the levity.

:D

enlightened has steps

me (all of us) to small me (knowing the real university, fell myself is small,) to big me (in Gong state, connect yourself to the university, feel you are the university, I am big man, I am god, most region leader are here). no me (to the void). that is enlightened!

when you are "big me" . you should easy to connect with everyone, or every thing , river and fall etc, have no problem to talk or communitation with anyone, since you know them from bottom of your heart

Blasto -

All joking aside, it occurs to me that the subtitle of this thread could be a legitimate and concise definition of enlightenment -

A state in which there is no longer any need for independent verification of wisdom.

Blasto -

All joking aside, it occurs to me that the subtitle of this thread could be a legitimate and concise definition of enlightenment -

A state in which there is no longer any need for independent verification of wisdom.

I would concur. My guess is that Fritjof Capra's "The Web of Life" delves deeply and technically into this process from an ecological perspective. He's elaborating on the Santiago Theory of cognition. Mind is life - life is mind. The entire biosphere is one vast cognitive process. I'd like to start a thread with this but I feel obliged to read the book first in order to fully comprehend the process. Mention the Santiago Theory and watch people's eyes glaze over! :lol:

...left-handed nei kung practice...

Were you beating off with the other hand?

Blasto -

No joke.

At the same time, if you intend to help people, you have to know how they think and what problem they experience. And most people rely on convention, namely, they rely on the need for "independent" verification.

I think a few of us are headed for a "Taoism = ecology = science = spirituality" type of thread. I'm still prepping, putting together a lit. review and boning up on systems theory and the dialogue between Asian thought and environmentalism. Joanna Macy, Fritjof Capra, and Donald Worster are my starting points.

"As art and music were born of an ancient struggle for survival but have grwon beyond that purely utilitarina purpose, so morality evolves twoard something more than usefulness and expendiency. In its last and highest stage, it becomes a self-transcending sense of mercy sympathy, and kinship with all of animate existence, including the earth itself.

When man has reached that capacity to feel for everything that moves and lives - for being in general, not just one's own family, nation, or even species - then he will have become truly civilized."

Donald Worster - "Nature's Economy"

I would venture that the will have become truly enlightened also.

When man has reached that capacity to feel for everything that moves and lives - for being in general, not just one's own family, nation, or even species - then he will have become truly civilized."

Donald Worster - "Nature's Economy"

I would venture that the will have become truly enlightened also.

I like that!

To know that we, the human animal, have an important part to play in the 'big picture'.

Peace & Love!

That's because the deep feeling is intermingled with bliss and cannot be separated from this infinite sense of love.

So, it's not really suffering anymore in the mundane sense of the reference.

That's because the deep feeling is intermingled with bliss and cannot be separated from this infinite sense of love.

So, it's not really suffering anymore in the mundane sense of the reference.

Yep, I have the "Intermingle" setting on my Cuisinart also.