enouch

NOT QUITE JOHN CHANG BUT...

Follow the Buddha's advice and work on your minds since breaking through the illusion of Samsara is not an easy task (if that is the main goal of your practice)

totally agree

+ body health is important too

Edited by SingaporeGuyHere

Well first off, this is a separate topic, but a lot of inventions were also historically by Asians. Robert Temple has assembled a small list in his book, that nonetheless spans an incredible breadth of influence in the development of our world today. Where's the "thanks" for all that?

True, the West has surpassed China technologically during its post-isolationist zenith over the last few centuries. Although some of that has been Grey technology from a Faustian pact (see Gread@ Treaty). :P

However, Japan has already led the resurgence in modern invention, including the floppy disk, the CD, the DVD & the digital watch (by Dr. Yoshiro Nakamats). So, the tables have been turning again. And while China hasn't reached their technological point yet, I hardly think Japan is dependent on American technology transfer! :lol:

Of course, everything goes in cycles..

But, the "thanks" for this technology (whoever it's from) is the price that consumers pay for it. It's a "fair" exchange then - and both inventor and consumer profit. But HOW to make these products are still closely-guarded industrial secrets that cannot even be bought! KFC will sell you all the chicken you can afford - but try buying their recipe so you can make it at home yourself??? Or go ask to apprentice with Muddy Waters and ask him to teach you all his secrets for free. Do you think Kobe Bryant would take me under his wing and show me everything he knows for free? Now, how is this different than JC guarding some of his secrets (while revealing many - all for free, correct)?

Anyhow, change takes time but things are already changing. JC did teach many Westerners before things went south on him. Or, is he still even teaching some Westerners now? And Wang Liping and others are also openly teaching Westerners now. It's all following the same path as the opening of Taijiquan by commercialization, etc. But if these "lowly" Chinese didn't have something the West lacked and wanted...would they even care about them? Simply as human beings or friends who have no "special powers" to offer? As opposed to just befriending the nerd that you have NO RESPECT for, just so he can tutor you to pass the class?

People still sympathize with Jews against Nazis/etc, Blacks against White slave owners, women against "patriarchal" men...but are always the first to criticize Chinese because the older ones haven't gotten over 100 million dead yet, etc? Yet, if Blacks have ongoing gripes against Whites, or women against men, Westerners don't seem to complain about that? There just seems to be a double-standard/higher standard leveled against Chinese that always puts them on the defensive. Compared to a bottomless well of sympathy and excuses for everyone else.

Maybe most Chinese are too quiet and don't speak out - so Westerners interpret silence as acceptance?

I do empathize with any good Western seekers who might be "paying" for the sins of their fathers. It is unfortunate when we can't each be judged on our own merits. Which is what I strive to do with others, regardless of their background. But, I am also not granted that treatment by many. I do feel grateful for any knowledge teachers care to impart with me, but not entitled. I do expect fair treatment if I'm paying for it, but if it's free, guess I can't complain too much. I can certainly understand your gripes, so I am just giving you the other side of the coin to consider too.

Anyhow, I do feel that Taoism brings a lot of different people together here, that might otherwise not connect. I have gone to teachers of many different stripes and befriended the same. And many Westerners have already been well-accepted by many Chinese teachers. Let's not judge everyone off one example and unsubstantiated rumors. Wang Liping's top student is half-Russian, for gawdsakes.

And I think that one of the main "secrets" is simply long, hard, consistent practice or "gong." Less talk, more practice! :)

You raise many good points.

I know that I did experience some Chinese people who were most reserved with westerners and could not accept that a westerner had the ability to "be a qigong master", this included an acupuncture doctor I was studying with. But once I worked on some of his patients in clinic he changed his mind.

I remember when I was introduced as a "western qigong master and senior student of Wang Juemin" in a convention with about 5,000 Chinese folks and top communist dignitaries, I got several "scowls" but mostly from a couple of the communist leaders. For the most part I received no discrimination and was treated with respect (more than I deserved) because I was Master Wang's student. Master Wang himself held back nothing - we had an energy connection that transcended ALL racial, socio-economic, and other boundaries. We were very close.

Another interesting thing I have found is the attitude of many younger Chinese here in the USA that are in the medical field. Mention the "older" Chinese ways such as qigong healing and they get all up in arms telling me that China is modern and not backwards.

Dr. David Palmer has written on Wang Juemin vis a vis the Communist Party and qigong:

http://books.google.com/books?id=RXeuibmD2...%22&f=false

I know that I did experience some Chinese people who were most reserved with westerners and could not accept that a westerner had the ability to "be a qigong master", this included an acupuncture doctor I was studying with. But once I worked on some of his patients in clinic he changed his mind.

I remember when I was introduced as a "western qigong master and senior student of Wang Juemin" in a convention with about 5,000 Chinese folks and top communist dignitaries, I got several "scowls" but mostly from a couple of the communist leaders. For the most part I received no discrimination and was treated with respect (more than I deserved) because I was Master Wang's student. Master Wang himself held back nothing - we had an energy connection that transcended ALL racial, socio-economic, and other boundaries. We were very close.

Another interesting thing I have found is the attitude of many younger Chinese here in the USA that are in the medical field. Mention the "older" Chinese ways such as qigong healing and they get all up in arms telling me that China is modern and not backwards.

Cheers Vortex.

Look many chinese are great open minded people who have no bias towards westerners whatsoever. I think Racism of any kind is one of the highest ignorances.

Be well,

Cheers r.w. The goal of my posts is to remove some of that ignorance, or at least provide another perspective. Sure, it's basically a losing battle as a 1-man war against the entire Western media...but thanks for hearing me out, anyways. :lol: And I hope you have found some Chinese masters that are willing to teach you what you seek. B)

Lol, I could see that.. :lol:

Thing is, culture used to be synonymous with race, due to geographic isolationism. But with modern globalization, there is getting to be more crossover, de-linking and "swapping." Which is leading to "unusual" combinations of one race with another culture.

For example, you know far more about qigong than most Chinese-Americans do. And probably the vast majority of Chinese mainlanders, as well.

Meanwhile, mainland "Communist" Chinese are becoming ferocious capitalists and entrepreneurs now. And many Chinese-Americans may even embrace Western medicine more than many other Americans.

Anyhow, it sounds like you had a really touching relationship with Wang Juemin based upon mutual respect and perhaps also some fortunate "yuanfen." Thus, you were able to learn his art and pass it on well. Which I think is a great treasure to have preserved, especially for those who have grown skeptical of "experimental" New Age "shortcuts." There is something to be said for old methods that have been refined, tested and debugged for several generations. You have a much better idea of what you're getting, because you've seen its longterm effects on several lifetimes of people.

Well finding Teachers of any tradition is not really the problem. However, getting them to teach you something of vaule is another story. Like i say,Its not what the Teacher can do,but rather what he is willing to reveal that matters most.

Regards,

Cheers r.w. The goal of my posts is to remove some of that ignorance, or at least provide another perspective. Sure, it's basically a losing battle as a 1-man war against the entire Western media...but thanks for hearing me out, anyways. :lol: And I hope you have found some Chinese masters that are willing to teach you what you seek. B)Lol, I could see that.. :lol:

Thing is, culture used to be synonymous with race, due to geographic isolationism. But with modern globalization, there is getting to be more crossover, de-linking and "swapping." Which is leading to "unusual" combinations of one race with another culture.

For example, you know far more about qigong than most Chinese-Americans do. And probably the vast majority of Chinese mainlanders, as well.

Meanwhile, mainland "Communist" Chinese are becoming ferocious capitalists and entrepreneurs now. And many Chinese-Americans may even embrace Western medicine more than many other Americans.

Anyhow, it sounds like you had a really touching relationship with Wang Juemin based upon mutual respect and perhaps also some fortunate "yuanfen." Thus, you were able to learn his art and pass it on well. Which I think is a great treasure to have preserved, especially for those who have grown skeptical of "experimental" New Age "shortcuts." There is something to be said for old methods that have been refined, tested and debugged for several generations. You have a much better idea of what you're getting, because you've seen its longterm effects on several lifetimes of people.

What was funny about that convention is that I was seated on the front row WITH the communist dignitaries. I think the scowls were when I was introduced and my wife & I were seated right between two of the honchos from Beijing. :lol:

Totally agree with the tried and proven methods. Too many new age methods get a part of the wheel but don't realize that spokes are needed.

Edited by Ya Mu

Well finding Teachers of any tradition is not really the problem. However, getting them to teach you something of vaule is another story. Like i say,Its not what the Teacher can do,but rather what he is willing to reveal that matters most.

Regards,

Yuanfen is what will determine you finding a teacher, and there are many levels of teachers. Your willingness to find one has got little influence.

Regards,

Well said!!!

Yuanfen is what will determine you finding a teacher, and there are many levels of teachers. Your willingness to find one has got little influence.

I agree.

Anyone can choose through free will to go anywhere and study anything. But it will be like riding a bicycle up a steep hill, and when you get to the top of the hill you will find alligators to cross over. In other words it leaves little satisfaction to the soul.

I know I was NOT looking for a teacher when I found Master Wang. I had decided to go back to school and was enrolled pre-med and had scheduled the semester. It just so happened that I spent a weekend with a Lakota medicine man, and while we both were in trance he told me "you are already a powerful healer - why go backwards?" "You will meet one more teacher in your life very soon" (words to that effect). Opportunity to go to China "suddenly" manifested so I ran up the credit cards and went to meet Master Wang - haven't looked back since. AND the second I stepped of the train our eyes met and I KNEW.

AND the second I stepped of the train our eyes met and I KNEW.

Thaats and amaaaazing feeling!! Especially when the Master reciprocates that feeling and there is this immediate psychic connection that leaves absolutely no room for doubt!

Awesome!! :D

I have met some of them. And to be honest with you I have met sufi that are border line JEDI & then some...

Yes its interesting Pak M does some interesting healing stuff.

Also his method to absorb energy from sources is truly powerful.

I used his method + Glenn's shaktipat to keep my car going for an extra 10 miles even though my car ran out of gas.

KUndalini Master Larry Jensen did the same thing with a small single engine plane after he ran out of gas in mid air mellow.gif !

He survived as the plane landed safely with NO GAS IN IT.

Be well aswell peace

s

Do you realize that most folks who just do Dr. Glenn Morris's Gazing in path notes/Kap or "Gyoshi Ho" in REIKI folks or Pranic Healers can do this with out Lotus all day and with out fasting?

And it just takes seconds to achieve with the right relaxation, Intent & Breathing.

Peace

S

I agree Pir V was a great sufi and could be a jedi.

In response to some people's comments..

Babaji= incredibly high. he will light a fire up your ass if you are playing around with him. dont fuck around with him unless you are ready and even then, he will be the one to choose those who he wants to play around with.

It was babaji who I had unwittingly invoked when I finished practicing my Kalimasada practice. I was thinking of "when will i ever be something? when will i ever get there?" and unwittingly stumbled onto this very strange webpage someone made of babaji. So I decided, "what the hell?" and did a silent invocation. It's like, "what the hell, i wont lose anything". So I lie on my bed in silent mind. And the next things are incredible.

I hear this "thought" which isn't exactly a thought tell me: the next step in your training is to REALIZE THAT YOU ARE A BODY OF LIGHT.

And somehow I intuitively realized how to do this and then all of a sudden...

BAM!

My body stops responding to me trying to move it.. and I "explode" out into all directions as pure fiery light so ineffably strong and powerful. I was no longer in body.. just pure fiery light flooding out 10 feet out in all directions.. Extremely scary; i didn't know what to think. I prayed for it to stop; it was just too much. There was a sensation at the root chakra of two incredible forces twisting around each other.. like two torrents of unconcievably strong power.

I thought I was going to die.

After a minute of this pure madness it all subsided; and I was left on the bed heart beating and mind fucked. I was glad to still be alive.

Then I realized that I had unwittingly killed my own most mystical experience. I couldn't swallow the pill I asked for. I could have rode it out completely.. and who knows then.

Then I was like... fuck. I could have gotten incredible knowledge out of that but instead just ended up being a bitch. On top of that; I'll never know if I have this experience again.

Don't screw around with babaji.

because when you least expect it; that is when the magic happens.